Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

This reminds me of the time some internet dufus (I can't keep track of all of them) got dunked on when he responded to some article about a bunch of people saying what they would make illegal if they had the chance, "Notably, none of them said 'crime'."

The obvious counter being, "Crime is already illegal, that's why it's called Crime."

Technically I think he's saying nothing should be illegal.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

M_Gargantua posted:

I mean, he’s technically correct? The legality of a coup is completely irrelevant, because coups and legalism don’t exist on the same playing field. In the same way you can’t apply hockey rules to a football game.

The interpretation they're putting forward would make coups legal essentially - only impeachment removes that. So the President would have a vested legal interest in disrupting Congress if they thought an impeachment eas likely. The whole thing is stupid as all hell and has no basis on any content legal theory or practice

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Some potential good news.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/04/29/entertainment/gerard-depardieu-arrest-france-scli-intl

quote:

French actor Gérard Depardieu has been taken into police custody in Paris to face questioning, his lawyer told CNN Monday.

The 75-year-old presented himself at a police station in Paris on Monday morning, according to CNN affiliate BFMTV, and is being questioned over accusations of sexual assault by two women alleged to have taken place on film sets.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Didn't he previously run away from taxes to Russia?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

OddObserver posted:

Didn't he previously run away from taxes to Russia?

Yes.

He also got caught pissing in the aisle of an airplane while drunk as a skunk a few years ago IIRC.

e: yep :lol:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/gerard-depardieu-pees-plane-air-fance-224368/

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 29, 2024