Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Meat Recital posted:

If TNA would ditch Bischoff and Hogan, they would be so miles ahead of WWE right now when it comes to booking.

They'd probably also be without a TV deal, as Spike TV reportedly prefers to do business with Bischoff over Dixie these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

For what it's worth Sacrifice was a well regarded show and it was the first in a long time that neither Bischoff nor Dixie attended.

Lamuella posted:

Colt was genuinely funny and personable on Jordan Jesse Go. It's always a little tense for me when I hear wrestling personalities in other genres, because what's charismatic to us isn't necessarily charismatic to the rest of the world, but Colt really does have pretty good comic timing, and his chemistry with the hosts was great.
I can only imagine how an outsider would wrap their head around Ted Turner starting a wrestling company out of spite and David Arquette becoming world champion.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Konnan's the best. :allears:

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
Keep our new Smackdown theme, yes or no?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I have yet to listen to this week's show, but I will get back to you with my answer once I do!

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

Cardboard Box posted:

I have yet to listen to this week's show, but I will get back to you with my answer once I do!

tee hee

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

dshban posted:

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want

not that

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
The interview on today's Review-A-Wai was awesome, the writer they interviewed had some good Vince McMahon stories. The interview starts about 30 minutes into the podcast.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Zema Ion is Colt's guest this week on AoW, so I'd imagine we're going to get his thoughts on the Jesse Sorenson injury.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

Great Observer radio today. Lance on with Dave and Bryan is always great and then Dave goes in depth on Dana burying him.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Good Dr Lucha show today with an interesting tidbit: The Box y Lucha Commission has recently ruled that any luchadore who lost his mask can put it back on after 5 years have passed, which explains the original Psicosis returning.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

dshban posted:

GOD NO

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
For anyone who hasn't been a subscriber to F4WOnline in a while: the Bryan and Vinny reviews of the Urban Wrestling Federation PPVs is worth the admission price by themselves.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Semiru posted:

GOD NO

Yeah pretty much this. :gonk:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CVagts posted:

For anyone who hasn't been a subscriber to F4WOnline in a while: the Bryan and Vinny reviews of the Urban Wrestling Federation PPVs is worth the admission price by themselves.

Did they review one recently? I have been woken up after 4 hours of sleep for the last week so I always put on the new WO podcast to fall back asleep to, so I may have missed this.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

UWF Turf Wars is coming up so there'll be one soon enough.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I just re-upped for a month and found one of them exploring the backlog, and then I immediately tracked the rest of them down.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vinny has a hell of a singing voice provided he doesn't try to go high.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

BAN DICKEYE posted:

gonna end punk vs bryan. there i saved you 3 months

UPDATE :hehe:

Tough road for both.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How much would you even pay for this tourney if it were legit and taped in full? Million dollars? A jillion?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I dunno last years was really good also

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Zema Ion's interview on AoW is worth it if only for his story about KUDO buying him a prostitute when he did a tour with DDT. Also his mom was a mail order bride. :stare:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Oh man. I was bored last night so I found this podcast called the "Ring Crew Wrestling" show. Didn't seem half bad really. A few corny jokes here and there but it just seemed like a couple of guys talking about wrestling and whatnot. I was about to subscribe to the cast, until they started talking about Cena's divorce.

I'm fine with them talking about the divorce, because it is a pretty interesting thing to discuss if done right. These guys however, got the whole story wrong and said that Cena's wife was the one who asked for the divorce, and not Cena himself. I wouldn't normally be all :goonsay: about it but they spent 20-30 minutes discussing it and how she probably "found out about him sleeping with divas" and poo poo. It's a trivial detail otherwise, but if you're going to base an entire conversation on it, get your poo poo right.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

eat it grody (I'm aware it just started).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Suben posted:

Zema Ion's interview on AoW is worth it if only for his story about KUDO buying him a prostitute when he did a tour with DDT. Also his mom was a mail order bride. :stare:

Wait... like, Megumi Kudo? I'm not sure why I'm surprised, I'm sure joshi has just just as many personalities as men's puro, or even the gay sport of fake graps outside of glorious Nippon, but I am.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Wait... like, Megumi Kudo? I'm not sure why I'm surprised, I'm sure joshi has just just as many personalities as men's puro, or even the gay sport of fake graps outside of glorious Nippon, but I am.

No, this is a male wrestler. He has been over for CHIKARA's King of Trios a time or two.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

No, this is a male wrestler. He has been over for CHIKARA's King of Trios a time or two.

Ah. I should've guessed, what with the gratuitous caps, but I did do some wiki-ing, and no-one else came up.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Jack Krauser posted:

Oh man. I was bored last night so I found this podcast called the "Ring Crew Wrestling" show. Didn't seem half bad really. A few corny jokes here and there but it just seemed like a couple of guys talking about wrestling and whatnot. I was about to subscribe to the cast, until they started talking about Cena's divorce.

I'm fine with them talking about the divorce, because it is a pretty interesting thing to discuss if done right. These guys however, got the whole story wrong and said that Cena's wife was the one who asked for the divorce, and not Cena himself. I wouldn't normally be all :goonsay: about it but they spent 20-30 minutes discussing it and how she probably "found out about him sleeping with divas" and poo poo. It's a trivial detail otherwise, but if you're going to base an entire conversation on it, get your poo poo right.

I wrote the news and knew it was Cena who filed but Recker must have read it wrong. Hence why the splash image for the show makes it clear it's Cena filing.

We will make sure to correct next episode. Sorry!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Lone Rogue posted:

I wrote the news and knew it was Cena who filed but Recker must have read it wrong. Hence why the splash image for the show makes it clear it's Cena filing.

We will make sure to correct next episode. Sorry!
It's all good. I found the cast because I was looking for information on that July 2001 RAW with the WCW segment. That cast was pretty good, I liked the detail and whatnot put into it. Probably going to sub now if it was a fluke thing.

Honestly, didn't mean to sound so bitchy in my original post. I had just listened to it and it was fresh on my mind.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Jack Krauser posted:

It's all good. I found the cast because I was looking for information on that July 2001 RAW with the WCW segment. That cast was pretty good, I liked the detail and whatnot put into it. Probably going to sub now if it was a fluke thing.

Honestly, didn't mean to sound so bitchy in my original post. I had just listened to it and it was fresh on my mind.

It's cool. I don't advertise the podcast on here much but it's a labour of love that is going through a crisis because Bubs, the founder and chief everything was ready to give up on wrestling after the combination of the ROH iPPV debacle, Brooke Hogan being signed and Raw going to three hours. Hopefully he doesn't go through with ending it. We are quite close to 150 shows.

I'm hoping I can find the time to get the website calendar going so we can start advertising for indies again. The website is much better than it used to be but it's still in progress.

Thanks for listening!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Just noticed that all of the Formerly Creative podcasts have disappeared from the internet. Would it be considered :filez: to ask where I can download these? They were available for free when they could be found, and it's not like I can buy them or something.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
3 hour RAW killed Todd Martin rip Todd Martin.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Jack Krauser posted:

Just noticed that all of the Formerly Creative podcasts have disappeared from the internet. Would it be considered :filez: to ask where I can download these? They were available for free when they could be found, and it's not like I can buy them or something.

I don't have an answer for you but do you really want to listen to Lagana and a bunch of his friends suck each other's dicks for hours on end?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yeah Formerly Creative really burned me out on hearing former WWE writers talk, that's for sure. I wish they would have just stuck to doing podcasts with Bryan and Dave during Wrestlemania week.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Karmine posted:

I don't have an answer for you but do you really want to listen to Lagana and a bunch of his friends suck each other's dicks for hours on end?

The first 4 or 5 shows were interesting before he ran out of new guests. Of course if you had an Observer Subscription around Wrestlemania 27 for F4D's Writer's Week you had already heard everything interesting those guys were going to say.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Oatgan posted:

The first 4 or 5 shows were interesting before he ran out of new guests. Of course if you had an Observer Subscription around Wrestlemania 27 for F4D's Writer's Week you had already heard everything interesting those guys were going to say.
I guess Lagana banked on the high turnover rate Creative has to keep the show running but there's only so many 'Vince is crazy, Stephanie's useless and Hunter is an egomaniac' stories you can tell anyway.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It's hard to put into words how much I loved Dave's bizarre tangent on women training.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

triplexpac posted:

It's hard to put into words how much I loved Dave's bizarre tangent on women training.

That was great, I kept just wanting him to say "If you know what I mean" whenever bringing up the women he's "trained" with. Ladies love the leather jacket.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

From the most recent Lance show, which is pretty great. Lance was talking about his upcoming match with Steen and Bryan was wondering who Lance's partner would be if he won Steen's PWG tag belt.

Bryan posted:

Their gimmick name is Appetite for Destruction. I assume Super Dragon is the destruction and Kevin Steen is the appetite.

Lance laughed. I freaking howled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Tell me you wouldn't mark if Aldo Montoya got the night off from K-Mart to team with Storm versus those guys. :colbert:

• Locked thread