Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

AnimalChin posted:

Also for anyone who has a fanatec how long did it take to show up at your door?
All the Fanatec range bar the CSR Elite and Clubsport wheel (not applicable to Forza) will show up very quickly.

The Elite and Clubsport wheel are in very high demand despite their price, and a much larger lead time is expected. Like, a month or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Porsche pack trailer

Jarf fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 22, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

jonathan posted:

For wednesday's DTM race, what are most of you using ? I'd like to use one of the cars that most are not.

I was running my best consistent times in the Alfa. Beat out the Ford by a hair.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, thank you turn 10 for making more movies of in-game action using camera angles us peons who bought your game have no access to. :mad:

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Is the VIP discount permanent or limited time only? For something like the Porsche pack I'd rather wait and look for regular sale or a deeply discounted points card online.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They never said anything about limited time. So if they ever take away the discount, you are probably safe in suing them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xzzy posted:

Yes, thank you turn 10 for making more movies of in-game action using camera angles us peons who bought your game have no access to. :mad:

I would murder for cockpit camera views in replays, especially ones with photomode allowed.

Like, I would seriously gut one of you.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

I said come in! posted:

I would murder for cockpit camera views in replays, especially ones with photomode allowed.

Like, I would seriously gut one of you.

:ohdear:

Can't it be somebody from the GT5 thread instead?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hello Spaceman posted:

:ohdear:

Can't it be somebody from the GT5 thread instead?

This is a good compromise.

I want to stay up until the Porsche Pack hits Xbox Live, but I have to be up early tomorrow morning. I won't get to play with the Porsche cars until tomorrow afternoon.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

xzzy posted:

Turn 10 are also able to turn off the awful looking motion blur and car wheel blurring when in motion so they can do awesome super slowmo shots with the wheels turning very slowly. We get a blurry mess.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Wow, they actually bothered to record an intro that plays when you first load the game after the pack installs. How delightfully pretentious. :wotwot:

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Wow, they actually bothered to record an intro that plays when you first load the game after the pack installs. How delightfully pretentious. :wotwot:

Gotta get your $20 worth somehow.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Which one of the Porsche's free?

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Ringo R posted:

Which one of the Porsche's free?

As far as i can see none of them.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think it should be referred to as the Forza 3 expansion pack.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jonathan posted:

I think it should be referred to as the Forza 3 expansion pack.

I figured the new cars wouldn't just make it feel like it's us paying for content that should have been free to begin with, but sadly they aren't note worthy enough for that.

[edit]
I got my first unicorn today! :D

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 22, 2012

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
How'd you get a unicorn? what unicorn was it? I want a unicorn!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Overall a very very lazy direct port of forza 3 cars. half of the cars don't even have the spoiler removal modeled, and the only aero options are the default forza splitter and terrible wing so if you want to add downforce, it just plops the goofy forza wing right down on top of the stock wing. The few that do have unique spoilers are pretty cool though.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Powershift posted:

Overall a very very lazy direct port of forza 3 cars. half of the cars don't even have the spoiler removal modeled, and the only aero options are the default forza splitter and terrible wing so if you want to add downforce, it just plops the goofy forza wing right down on top of the stock wing. The few that do have unique spoilers are pretty cool though.

Oh wow you weren't kidding. What the hell am I looking at? Think I may hold off this pack till it goes on sale.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Wait, what!? Wings on top of wings on top of wings? How can this be true?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

That wing is the proper Porsche 964 GT2 race car wing. The 1982 911 has options for GT car aero too, and also the ability to pull the aero off for a carrera look. Also, the Forza aero for the rear of the 1982 911 keeps the rear wing the same but just adds some black matte to the underside.

The 964 also has options for Carrera S4 body panels.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That is just so weird looking, that I thought it was glitch too.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Falken posted:

That wing is the proper Porsche 964 GT2 race car wing.

Hahaha oh wow, somebody needs a slap for being so lazy when developing that spoiler.
"Hmmm, this Porsche needs more downforce. gently caress it, just bolt one of these Generic Spoilers TM on top of it."

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Seymour Butts posted:

Wait, what!? Wings on top of wings on top of wings? How can this be true?

30th anniversary camaro does the same thing.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I think it looks good. There was a few variations of that kind of rear wing, but that was the most common. Looks aggressive and daft. :)

The 1973 911 also has lots of body part changes if you want. You can take off the rear wing, change the rear bumper and lights, put a race bonnet on there with a centerline fuel port etc. Quite a few options so far!

e: People aren't understanding. This is not Turn 10 being lazy, this was just one of the rear wing types for the 911 GT2 back in the 90's. Because aero was daft as gently caress then too.

Falken fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 22, 2012

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
So, was there any truth to the whole "Porsches can only be used online in the special porsche events and no others" rumor?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GutBomb posted:

So, was there any truth to the whole "Porsches can only be used online in the special porsche events and no others" rumor?

No, not at all. Porsche can be used in any part of the game, including the rest of the Event List, where they qualify for those specific races.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Better check to see if multiplayer works.

Also, I like how the 911s such as the 996 GT3 and such have rear aero that merely replaces the wing element and slaps a GT racing style wing onto the struts.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Falken posted:

I think it looks good. There was a few variations of that kind of rear wing, but that was the most common. Looks aggressive and daft. :)

The 1973 911 also has lots of body part changes if you want. You can take off the rear wing, change the rear bumper and lights, put a race bonnet on there with a centerline fuel port etc. Quite a few options so far!

e: People aren't understanding. This is not Turn 10 being lazy, this was just one of the rear wing types for the 911 GT2 back in the 90's. Because aero was daft as gently caress then too.

No poo poo, someone posted this on the Forza forum:

You can turn the '73 RS into what at least looks like a regular old early 911, without actually burning a car slot for one.

Now if they'd just fix the VIP discount issue :argh:

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Well I'm definitely holding off on this one, especially since here in Canada I'd have to buy a 2800 MS point card for it because I refuse to give them my CC info after that recent fiasco

VERTiG0 fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 22, 2012

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just used a non-Porsche in a Porsche event. The Porsche Nurburgring Challenge lets you use whatever you want.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I'm a bit disappointed with the 2012 GT2 RS. I was expecting a balls-out insane monster but it's actually very easy to drive, even when you take corners aggressively. And I ask you, what good is a Porsche if it doesn't whip around and bite your face off the instant you push it near the limit?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

I said come in! posted:

No, not at all. Porsche can be used in any part of the game, including the rest of the Event List, where they qualify for those specific races.

Excellent, can't wait to purchase the pack when I get home.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How are they handling the black jetta issue? Did they provide any way for people who don't buy the pack to see Porsches in online races?

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

xzzy posted:

How are they handling the black jetta issue? Did they provide any way for people who don't buy the pack to see Porsches in online races?

From what I've gathered on the official forums, the answer is "we're working on it".

So in other words, no friggin' clue.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Scirocco Griffon posted:

I'm a bit disappointed with the 2012 GT2 RS. I was expecting a balls-out insane monster but it's actually very easy to drive, even when you take corners aggressively. And I ask you, what good is a Porsche if it doesn't whip around and bite your face off the instant you push it near the limit?

If you want that fear of driving on the limit and having the car bite your head off then you should just play with a Fanatec wheel.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

No poo poo, someone posted this on the Forza forum:

You can turn the '73 RS into what at least looks like a regular old early 911, without actually burning a car slot for one.

Now if they'd just fix the VIP discount issue :argh:
Yeah, and I suppose you could say that it's not a regular 911 as it's an RS underneath, but seeing how nobody drives cars stock in Forza, it makes no difference.

Also, this;

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Falken posted:

Yeah, and I suppose you could say that it's not a regular 911 as it's an RS underneath, but seeing how nobody drives cars stock in Forza, it makes no difference.

I do. :colbert: But that's not really fair of me to say, because I don't play online either, I can't because of my router issues with FM4 specifically. I play against the A.I., so you never have to touch the cars because the A.I. is so slow.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Hello Spaceman posted:

If you want that fear of driving on the limit and having the car bite your head off then you should just play with a Fanatec wheel.

I don't have the roomspace or the budget for a wheel controller, let alone the most expensive one on the market.

Instead I guess I'll just keep driving my jacked-up Beetle while quietly grumbling about how technology has ruined the true driving experience and something something Rennsport Nurburgring Stuttgart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Pretty ridiculous that they didn't give away one lovely 911 so everybody could at least see the cars in-game.

• Locked thread