Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

I said come in! posted:

New York is the only one I can understand not being in FM4.

I miss New York so much.

So much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Xenoletum posted:

Went to join the main Goon Car Club, but I got a message that it was filled up, so I sent in a request to join the European club. Anything I need to know about these groups, or is it just a hangout to share cars?

yeah one quite important thing: we're not an overflow for the "main" "goon" "club"

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Scatterfold posted:

yeah one quite important thing: we're not an overflow for the "main" "goon" "club"

:goonsay: Thanks for being so informative!

Xenoletum, try AUGR 'cause they'll be your best bet right now for an "active club" since GTCC is fairly inactive when we're not running our Wednesday night racing and SAEG clearly doesn't accept dirty half-bloods. Also get into IRC 'cause a lot of people just kinda chill in there and more often than not races or lobbies will kick off from there.

This might also be helpful to you; http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3441773#post396270981

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

:goonsay: Thanks for being so informative!

no probs mate; thanks for taking everything so seriously on these Forums can't wait to see you in IRC :h:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
SAEG doesn't allow girls or Colonials sorry. :shobon:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
You passive aggressively poo poo-posting twice in an hour = being too serious.

Me trying to help Xenoletum find his way around the car clubs =/= being too serious.

Sorry this is like the second time this thread that I've pissed you off but it didn't take much either time so perhaps you need a :chillpill: because I'm just calling it like I see it.

Falken posted:

SAEG doesn't allow girls or Colonials sorry. :shobon:

Well gently caress v:911:v

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Haha more car club drama. This is why I quit playing this game online.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Hello Spaceman posted:

Haha more car club drama. This is why I quit playing this game online.
I thought it was because you sucked. :3:

In all seriousness, it'd be nice to race with you, even if your internet connection causes your car to maliciously pinball around the track, killing all in it's path.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Falken posted:

In all seriousness, it'd be nice to race with you, even if your internet connection causes your car to maliciously pinball around the track, killing all in it's path.

That's always my favorite part of online racing :allears:

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Falken posted:

if your internet connection causes your car to maliciously pinball around the track, killing all in it's path.

Without any of this going on, racing just isn't the same...

Xenoletum, seconding the IRC recommendation. In addition to giving you a behind-the-scenes look into the twisted minds of the sperglords who frequent the Forza online community while raising the SomethingAwful flag (:frogout:) most impromptu races are launched through IRC. The car club garages can be helpful when we want to set up spec races, with everyone using the same car out of the garage (SMART Soccer!) but IRC and a goon-filled friends list will get you into more races.

The Science Goy fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 21, 2012

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Captain Hair posted:

Yeah, there is. Go to "grid view" in My Cars or whatever its called. Then select a car and chose "create group" or "add to group" and you can make any amount of groups to put cars into! They aren't like folders, but more like classes. So basically all of my cars in the "tuned" class are first in line before F-class.

If I had some noteworthy skill at something I'd gift you something in appreciation.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

silverbullitt850 posted:

code:
Ford RS500 (RWD)

-stock front, race rear wing
-Max downforce: 200lbs
-Min weight: 2350 LBS.
-Max Power: 400HP
-Max Tire Size: 245/30/17
-Tire Pressure: 24PSI

1st gear: 2.89
2nd gear: 1.99
3rd gear: 1.51
4th gear: 1.20
5th gear: 1.00
Final Drive: 3.29
ex:

I spent a large chunk of my afternoon yesterday building and tuning this car (and the M3) and I've got it mostly how I want it but I can't seem to get rid of the car wanting to bounce up and down while accelerating. I messed with the springs, anti-roll bars, and pretty much everything else I could think of (even tried messing with tire pressure to see if having it low was causing it but it wasn't) and there was no way to get rid of it. I had the same problem with the M3, and there it was much worse. Also, the race transmission is 6 speeds, do we set 6 to the same setting as 5 since there is no 6 setting here?

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 21, 2012

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Fair enough, thanks for the help everyone, but I keep on trying AUGR and it's constantly shooting me back a message stating that it's full. I guess I'll just have to keep pressing my luck there.

I figured you trashy Euros wouldn't take us NASCAR loving, truck-touting Americans, but I figured I'd try anyway.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Xenoletum posted:

Fair enough, thanks for the help everyone, but I keep on trying AUGR and it's constantly shooting me back a message stating that it's full. I guess I'll just have to keep pressing my luck there.

I figured you trashy Euros wouldn't take us NASCAR loving, truck-touting Americans, but I figured I'd try anyway.
When I get home from work today I'll look at the club members and nominate a couple of them to be kicked for inactivity to try and free up a couple slots.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Falken posted:

No, I stopped because of drama.

I've not started again because of suck and lag.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
I race nightly est, send bentron a friend request. But it's mostly pub racing with me.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I hardly race at all ever since My big-boy job ramped up. I turned on my Xbox to get the May pack but that's it.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I try to make it to the weekly GTCC deathraces, but even that's been difficult lately.

Usually what vidja gamin' time I have (ie, when I'm not at work or getting blackout drunk) is spent playing either Mass Effect or Diablo with ~ irl friends ~.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

GutBomb posted:

I spent a large chunk of my afternoon yesterday building and tuning this car (and the M3) and I've got it mostly how I want it but I can't seem to get rid of the car wanting to bounce up and down while accelerating. I messed with the springs, anti-roll bars, and pretty much everything else I could think of (even tried messing with tire pressure to see if having it low was causing it but it wasn't) and there was no way to get rid of it. I had the same problem with the M3, and there it was much worse. Also, the race transmission is 6 speeds, do we set 6 to the same setting as 5 since there is no 6 setting here?

Yes, set 6th gear=5th. W/regards to bouncing, it's going to be because of your spring/shock combination. Make sure that if you have stiff springs, your shocks are accordingly stiff- they need to be stiffer to control stiffer springs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't know why Turn-10 is still announcing cars, I thought we finished on Friday, but the 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS is todays first announcement.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Maybe we're getting more 911 GT2 liveries!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Here's the complete list of cars; http://www.xboxfront.de/screenshots-2206-9645-Forza_Motorsport_4.html

I guess people already have the Porsche pack and are playing it. Bastards. So no Porsche 917 = :qq: I wonder if any future DLC packs will have more Porsche in them.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Here's the complete list of cars; http://www.xboxfront.de/screenshots-2206-9645-Forza_Motorsport_4.html

I guess people already have the Porsche pack and are playing it. Bastards. So no Porsche 917 = :qq: I wonder if any future DLC packs will have more Porsche in them.
Wow, alot of the higher end cars are too high up in A class to be useful for that class.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

Wow, alot of the higher end cars are too high up in A class to be useful for that class.

The 997 gt3 rs is about where it was in fm3 tho, i was p much gonna buy this pack but I might leave it for a while.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Well, looks like to buy them all you're going to need 18,721,000 credits. I'm back up to about 7 million after getting the achievements "Own the five most expensive cars in the game" and "Own all the Ferraris on Disc One". I knew I would be short, but I didn't think it'd be that much.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
When does the pack come out? Midnight EST?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

GutBomb posted:

Were you testing on the Nurburgring GP Circuit? That track is jouncy as gently caress. It was the same way on the Weismann challenge a couple months or so ago. Is it every time you accelerate or only is certain spots?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Seymour Butts posted:

When does the pack come out? Midnight EST?

3am, if you're VIP dont buy on Xbox Live Marketplace, buy it in-game so you get the discount. What that means is you'll need to wait until next week for Turn-10 to get around to putting it up on the Forza 4 Marketplace.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

I said come in! posted:

3am, if you're VIP don't buy on Xbox Live Marketplace, buy it in-game so you get the discount. What that means is you'll need to wait until next week for Turn-10 to get around to putting it up on the Forza 4 Marketplace.

Oh poo poo, didn't know we got a discount! I'll wait it out then if I decide to get it. I went through the list and there are 8 cars I care about. Granted those are 8 cars I really, REALLY want. But the other 24 are ones I don't give a poo poo about at all. So since I'm only interested in 1 quarter of the cars in the pack, I may skip it and see if its cheaper to get them separately.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Well, looks like to buy them all you're going to need 18,721,000 credits. I'm back up to about 7 million after getting the achievements "Own the five most expensive cars in the game" and "Own all the Ferraris on Disc One". I knew I would be short, but I didn't think it'd be that much.

I have just enough credits to get all of the cars! :D

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Captain Hair posted:

Oh poo poo, didn't know we got a discount! I'll wait it out then if I decide to get it. I went through the list and there are 8 cars I care about. Granted those are 8 cars I really, REALLY want. But the other 24 are ones I don't give a poo poo about at all. So since I'm only interested in 1 quarter of the cars in the pack, I may skip it and see if its cheaper to get them separately.
Buying cars seperately is never cheaper unless you only plan to get one or two. VIP's get $5 off the price of the full pack if I understand correctly, so $15 for the whole shebang isn't that bad a price really.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Buying cars seperately is never cheaper unless you only plan to get one or two. VIP's get $5 off the price of the full pack if I understand correctly, so $15 for the whole shebang isn't that bad a price really.

See, I don't play single player anyway really...

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Were you testing on the Nurburgring GP Circuit? That track is jouncy as gently caress. It was the same way on the Weismann challenge a couple months or so ago. Is it every time you accelerate or only is certain spots?

Yeah I should have mentioned it was the Nurburgring GP circuit full. I was trying to get a good tune for that track. And yeah it's only in certain tracks but sometimes it feels like the car is gonna do a wheelie.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy

GutBomb posted:

Yeah I should have mentioned it was the Nurburgring GP circuit full. I was trying to get a good tune for that track. And yeah it's only in certain tracks but sometimes it feels like the car is gonna do a wheelie.

Oh, then disregard my last comment. Yeah, they're always gonna bounce there. No good racecar tune can compensate for the rhythm section in-between the two straights.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Whats the best way to go about making money? Rivals?

Also for anyone who has a fanatec how long did it take to show up at your door?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

AnimalChin posted:

Also for anyone who has a fanatec how long did it take to show up at your door?

CSR or Elite? The Elite can take a lot longer because I think they all ship from Germany. The CSR took 6 days, I ordered on a Saturday and it was there the next Friday morning.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

AnimalChin posted:

Whats the best way to go about making money? Rivals?

Make an anime paintjob and watch it sell like hotcakes.

Other than that, yeah, rivals is the best way to go. Has some problems with diminishing returns though.. if you stop beating rivals, your income takes a huge dive.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Any of the Porsches' gonna be added to autovista mode?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

I have just enough credits to get all of the cars! :D
I have $19.7M. :) I almost bought the Testarossa last night, glad I waited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For wednesday's DTM race, what are most of you using ? I'd like to use one of the cars that most are not.

• Locked thread