Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Doodles posted:

I just caught a new TF2 griefing video where the guy plays Pyro, flames his teammates and switches to spectator, causing them to burn. The reactions from the other players and inept admins are the best part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLxUSAJSXjA

Ahahaha, genius. Even better, I used to be in a clan with that Rusty Shackleford guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
That admin sucks or is in on the joke. However that is proof that simple griefs are still good. Teamkilling in a game without friendly fire is the best.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Doodles posted:

I just caught a new TF2 griefing video where the guy plays Pyro, flames his teammates and switches to spectator, causing them to burn. The reactions from the other players and inept admins are the best part.

I think that's the best TF2 glitch grief I've seen since the flaregun could get flares stuck in the walls and lag the poo poo out of everyone with the particle effects.

Edit: A video of it: http://youtu.be/02hI0CakeMk

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I had to go back and find my favorite TF2 grief, locking people in the spawn until they answer a trivia question!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ
It's like half way through.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Doodles posted:

Glooooorious.

That was fun to watch. Delicious TF2 player tears, the best tears.

If that doesn't get patched out by this weekend maybe I'll give it a shot. I might try to be more sneaky, maybe just burning people to death on payload maps or something instead of RIGHT in the spawn, I dunno. That seems a bit too obvious maybe.

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out

Code Jockey posted:

Glooooorious.

If that doesn't get patched out by this weekend maybe I'll give it a shot. I might try to be more sneaky, maybe just burning people to death on payload maps or something instead of RIGHT in the spawn, I dunno. That seems a bit too obvious maybe.

Too late, it's already gone. Super disappointing.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Code Jockey posted:

Glooooorious.

Originally you could do it with the Demoman's grenades.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
oh wait wrong video

That pyro spectator bug was patched out a month ago, you can't do it anymore.

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011

Dauntasa posted:

Originally you could do it with the Demoman's grenades.

Yeah, Demo grenades, Soldier rockets, and most recently the Cow Mangler's charge shot would do the trick. All long since patched out though, sadly.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Doodles posted:

Hahaha, that poor guy who got muted because he called out that really bitchy admin.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

mag posted:

Too late, it's already gone. Super disappointing.

Lame lame lame. :smith:

Ah well. Still kind of feel like being a dick in TF2, maybe I'll just be my normal useless self.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Be a medic using the Quick-Fix, just playing the game at that point will cause a good amount of people to bitch you out

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Standing in front of other players and blocking their view still gains far more tears than it should.

Also being a "useless" engineer. Don't even have to put in any :effort:

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Stand next to a Huntsman sniper and constantly blast him with flames. You light his arrows on fire, you're just helping! :haw:

vvv: If you just puff, no big deal, but if you keep a nice stream of flame right in front of him he can't really see

Dickweasel Alpha fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 22, 2012

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's... not really griefing that hard, if I were in that situation I would be stoked.

edit: so to speak.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Still a fan of doing nothing on 2fort but loving with enemy snipers as a Spy with the Dead Ringer. :allears:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Actually being competent and dominating multiple players as a gunslinger engineer seems to make people rage. :allears:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Actually being competent and dominating multiple players as a gunslinger engineer seems to make people rage. :allears:

Same for being a syringe-slingin' medic.

DO YOUR JOB COME ON GET SERIOUS etc.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

Stand next to a Huntsman sniper and constantly blast him with flames. You light his arrows on fire, you're just helping! :haw:

vvv: If you just puff, no big deal, but if you keep a nice stream of flame right in front of him he can't really see

I just place teleporter exits out on the middle of nowhere and look for a sniper who pretty much stays in one spot, scoped the entire time. Then I just build an entrance right next to him and wait for him to step over it.

When they bitch at me I tell them they're the team's #1 asset and a spy snuck past everybody and he's the man for the job.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I used to do that on 2fort and orange-x, but always made sure the exit faced a corner in the spawn / intel room where I'd carefully placed a really awful spray.

That medic is an admin.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

simple
Apr 11, 2007
Not mine, but cross post from Diablo hardcore thread. Hope that is OK, I thought it was funny.

Electric Crayon posted:

Here's a good reason not to join hardcore public games. Conversely, here's a good reason to create hardcore public games.

For those who don't know, hardcore mode in Diablo means you have only one life. If you die it is game over. You lose everything- your character, whatever the character was wearing and anything in the character "backpack".

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

simple posted:

Not mine, but cross post from Diablo hardcore thread. Hope that is OK, I thought it was funny.

For those who don't know, hardcore mode in Diablo means you have only one life. If you die it is game over. You lose everything- your character, whatever the character was wearing and anything in the character "backpack".

This is why I always thought hardcore mode was loving stupid. Maybe offline, but online? Where people can find a way to gently caress you over no matter what you do? Anyone who joins a random hardcore game like that deserves what they get.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

TheSpiritFox posted:

This is why I always thought hardcore mode was loving stupid. Maybe offline, but online? Where people can find a way to gently caress you over no matter what you do? Anyone who joins a random hardcore game like that deserves what they get.

Well in Diablo 3 it's stupid either way since some of the later bosses or random elites get pretty overpowered attacks or combinations of attacks that'll kill you in a second flat and while you can play alone and keep your game set to private (you shouldn't join public games anyway, I once tried to kill a boss with a Sorceress for two hours, got fed up and downed him in five minutes by myself) so nobody can actually gently caress with you. Also the online aspect will gently caress with you more often than not because lag in this game can and will kill you and I experienced several instances of the server nearly making GBS threads itself and wiping the group through no fault of anybody actually playing.

My griefs tend to kind of suck, I tried to do the thing with teleporting snipers around earlier but my team was so bad there were actually more enemies in our base than friendlies. But we had four sentries pointed at the flag.

The only good griefing I've done in probably ever happens in Star Trek Online and even then it's stuff like asking about lightsabers, group chatting in german or just being good at the game. The most amazing thing happened when a Klingon got agitated because we were in their space. You see, you can't enter enemy home sector blocks unless you have a buff called diplomatic immunity and even then you can just hang out there and grab some missions for your space pokemon crew, there's no way to do any harm without someone consenting to it and accepting your challenge.

So a group of us were hanging around there picking up missions, just shooting the poo poo in our private chat channel and not doing anything. That is until one of them decided he didn't like us being there at all, so he started messaging one of us about his honor, defending the sector and how there are 40 ships nearby in case we try anything. We replied to him only in German and he got more and more agitated until he just gave up, probably because someone in Zone told him we couldn't actually do poo poo and he should just shut up.

We stalked him for a while longer until I, out of boredom, just used my fireworks emote that makes your ship just shoot out some sparkling lights. Well one of the 40 or so ships didn't like that at all, no idea why, it probably had something to do with the fact I was flying some really rare ship that you could only get through lockboxes before the game went f2p and that ship is a grief in and on itself, people hate this thing, they drop anything they're doing in PvP just to chase you and be gunned down by your team.

So anyway, this guy got mad, I have never seen something like it, although I had heard tales of other people in similar ships just getting rude and/or threatening tells and I myself had been challenged a few times before for no good reason, but this guy, he was on fire, calling me every name in the book. So I decided to egg him on and replied something in German. But that didn't get him to stop or go away, he kept at it, he just google translated his insults. I didn't react after that but he kept going for about 20 minutes and would've probably gone on for longer but I got bored and decided to leave and block him at that point.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
He Google Translated his insults? That's some dedication right there.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Morglon, I'm assuming you actually speak German.

Also I saw HoldYourFire's comment before I finished Morglon's post, so I was hoping for some Google Translated Klingon. Disappointed! :(

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Dick Burglar posted:

Morglon, I'm assuming you actually speak German.

Also I saw HoldYourFire's comment before I finished Morglon's post, so I was hoping for some Google Translated Klingon. Disappointed! :(

I feel kind of silly, but I checked google translate and they don't do Klingon. :(

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

So I wish I had the actual chat text, but over in EVE someone just recruit scammed some random pubbie for about 70 billion isk. That's 2100 bucks worth of game timecards that he just flat out stole from some dude, or about 500-1000 hours worth of gameplay time investment for the average eve gamer.

I wish I had more to the story than that but I think stealing 2100 dollars from someone completely legally alone is pretty :stare: worthy.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

TheSpiritFox posted:

It's even better in D3 because there is no offline mode and you will get hosed by lag even in singleplayer as a result.

Leaving hardcore mode in D3 (or, if you prefer, making it always online) is a brilliant grief by Blizzard on their entire player base.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Doodles posted:

I don't usually sit through TF2 videos but this was well made and hilarious. My favorite line after a bunch of the teammates are freaking out and :wtf:ing, that guy goes "Are you asking me about the actual like physics of combustion? I really can't help you there." Oh and the girl constantly going "tiny dick. tiny dick." over and over.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ToxicFrog posted:

It's even better in D3 because there is no offline mode and you will get hosed by lag even in singleplayer as a result.

Leaving hardcore mode in D3 (or, if you prefer, making it always online) is a brilliant grief by Blizzard on their entire player base.

I agree, seeing how the designers even mentioned that the game is made so you WILL die to certain parts of the game. All dying does is cause maybe 200 gold worth of repairs you need in normal mode, so it doesn't matter if you get killed by the same mob multiple times, especially if someone can revive you right there. Playing hardcore mode is just asking to be griefed with the aforementioned lag issues and random split second deaths. Normal mode is annoying enough with dying while mashing Q and nothing is happening or paying attention to your health and being cautious but then some enemy does some vortex + jail + aoe + lasers bullshit that kills you instantly.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Cojawfee posted:

some vortex + jail + aoe + lasers bullshit that kills you instantly.

It really doesn't even take 4 things. Vortex + lasers will do it, so will Jail + any elemental damage (but particularly the guys who drop fire pits because if they walk side to side while attacking you the damage stacks stupidly fast).

That doesn't even include things like those poison guys that explode for massive damage that can sometimes spawn in groups that pen you in, or big enemies that are designed to be encountered solo (because they have high damage, sometimes stunning but dodgable attacks) that can still spawn in groups as rares.

Good times.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ToxicFrog posted:

Buying a Diablo game with mandatory connection to Blizzard's servers at launch isn't even griefing oneself; it's a foolish waste of money.

Cojawfee posted:

I agree, seeing how the designers even mentioned that the game is made so you WILL die to certain parts of the game. All dying does is cause maybe 200 gold worth of repairs you need in normal mode, so it doesn't matter if you get killed by the same mob multiple times, especially if someone can revive you right there. Playing hardcore mode is just asking to be griefed with the aforementioned lag issues and random split second deaths. Normal mode is annoying enough with dying while mashing Q and nothing is happening or paying attention to your health and being cautious but then some enemy does some vortex + jail + aoe + lasers bullshit that kills you instantly.
Just like the GerBarb / RusBarb race to 99, there is going to be someone who derives a large amount of pride in being the first person to finish Hardcore Inferno only to wish later in life they could have spent those man hours doing something more rewarding like mining coal.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 26, 2012

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ToxicFrog posted:

Wait, what the gently caress? That's... uhhh... interesting.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Getting people outside the US to buy D3. That's perhaps the best grief of all.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

Wait, what the gently caress? That's... uhhh... interesting.

Yeah it's a lot of fun playing by yourself when all the monsters lag halfway across the screen before hitting you.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Sammus posted:

Yeah it's a lot of fun playing by yourself when all the monsters lag halfway across the screen before hitting you.

Or better yet, you're wailing on the Skeleton King or whatever and then all of a sudden you pop over to the corner of the room and then keel over for no readily apparent reason.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ambiguatron posted:

Or better yet, you're wailing on the Skeleton King or whatever and then all of a sudden you pop over to the corner of the room and then keel over for no readily apparent reason.

Or you use your charge skill to get into a middle of a group of chaff enemies, and prepare to drop an AoE stun + damage on them to wipe them out and wuh oh, those skills didn't register the first time you hit the button! Guess you died for no reason.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Bertrand Hustle posted:

A famous invite soldier has a long series of videos of him playing on various 24/7 2fort servers and getting called a hacker/banned. I wouldn't call pub-stomping griefing by itself, but it's a very different matter when you have a top competitive TF2 player seeking out servers with the shittiest players imaginable for the sole purpose of recording their outrage and accusations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMsV3rN-gzo&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJWWtRptBxQ&hd=1

My favorite is probably the two appearances of this kid:

You don't wanna go 1v1 with me

mR.jINGLE : The Hackusations

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
There is already a forum/thread for endlessly bitching about Diablo 3, take it there for gods sake.

Modern Warfare players react the worst to even the smallest annoyance. People reactions to getting knifed in Black Ops gun game are the best. Basically you have to get a kill with one weapon to advance to the next, first to 20 wins. Getting knifed puts you back one, so people freak out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9m35qSD678 "Go eat some cake you gently caress!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Ovo posted:

There is already a forum/thread for endlessly bitching about Diablo 3, take it there for gods sake.

Modern Warfare players react the worst to even the smallest annoyance. People reactions to getting knifed in Black Ops gun game are the best. Basically you have to get a kill with one weapon to advance to the next, first to 20 wins. Getting knifed puts you back one, so people freak out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9m35qSD678 "Go eat some cake you gently caress!"

Holy crap that hilarious, it almost makes me want to play Black Ops.

I mean, I won't, but it almost does.

• Locked thread