Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Captain Hair posted:

Driving around in the 80s 911 turbo. I don't know how the hell anyone could drive this and not have bags of fun! after about 20-30 minutes pottering around turning it I unlocked 2 drifting achievements that I've somehow never gotten before. This 911 doesn't want to murder, it only wants love. Love and lots of hand-braking on the corners. I think its jumped upto be one of my top 5 cars to race in the game already.

Yeah, I tried this one on the '80s Porsche event with no upgrades and it's really nice to drive, it has a nice amount of drifty oversteer but its still quite controllable.

The GT2 RS is also really nice, it feels like it must be simulating all the integrated computer wizardry because it's extremely easy to drive for a rear engine 600 hp sports car, you can be really hard on the throttle with no assists enabled and it's still quite easy to fly through turns. It feels kind of like some of the newer Ferraris in the game.

Also, almost all of the new Porsche events seem to give manufacturer affinity bonus, which at least helps a little for making back some of the credits you'll end up spending on all these cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Turn 10, I am a poor student, stop making me spend money I don't have.

Love, Two Finger.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Two Finger posted:

Turn 10, I am a poor student, stop making me spend money I don't have.

Love, Two Finger.
This is a bad post. It has nothing to do with being personally jilted by a video game company like they kicked your dog.

oh wai

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 23, 2012

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
From Fanatec:

quote:

Hello animalchin,

thanks for your inquiry.

We received your order and the payment.

Estimated shipping date is end of May.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

My order has been "pending" since 5/18.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

AnimalChin posted:

From Fanatec:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

My order has been "pending" since 5/18.

Did you order an Elite wheel?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Porsche pack trip report: The old school 911 is fun as hell.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

ANAmal.net posted:

Porsche pack trip report: The old school 911 is fun as hell.

This is the only car I really want out of that pack, I just can't decide if I $20 want it.

I've got a graduation coming up soon though. Maybe if I cry about it, someone will give me a gift card.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

silverbullitt850 posted:

Alfa and Ford regs changed. Please note original post- Alfa now has min weight of 2500 lbs and max front downforce of 50lbs.

Ford now has max rear downforce of 150 lbs.

The minimum downforce on the race rear wing mentioned in the spec is 158lbs. I switched to the ford wing which isn't adjustable and I'm assuming is at 150lbs. The only other option is no wing. Is that alright? It's the real wing they used in the DTM races

If so, I'm ready for tonight.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

GutBomb posted:

The minimum downforce on the race rear wing mentioned in the spec is 158lbs. I switched to the ford wing which isn't adjustable and I'm assuming is at 150lbs. The only other option is no wing. Is that alright? It's the real wing they used in the DTM races

If so, I'm ready for tonight.

Sorry, thanks for catching that. It's 158 lbs then

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Looking forward to the race. I got the car driving nicely without having to tweak it too much.

herpa derpa!

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

speedtek posted:

Looking forward to the race. I got the car driving nicely without having to tweak it too much.

herpa derpa!

Spoiler Alert!

My goal was to make the Alfa not the fastest, since AWD is such an advantage. The Benz is the easiest to drive, so that couldn't be the fastest either. The Ford and the M3 are difficult for different reasons, so they have the fastest possible times, but those times are the hardest to achieve consistently, even for me.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Porsche Pack trip report:

WHEEEEEEEEEE

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I think the 997 GT3rs just might be my new go-to A class car.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Cute as heck posted:

WHEEEEEEEEEE
What sort of visual settings are you using for that photo? I love the color.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Why the hell does Turn 10 even bother making an R1 only car that can't get to the top of R1. They did the same thing with that Suzuki.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

silverbullitt850 posted:

Alfa and Ford regs changed. Please note original post- Alfa now has min weight of 2500 lbs and max front downforce of 50lbs.

Ford now has max rear downforce of 150 lbs.

CRAP. I missed this yesterday. I need to change that and see if the Alfa is still my fastest car. I may be switching to the Ford. It was slower than the Alfa by a couple tenths, so I should be alright.

Minijaka
Apr 6, 2006
I'm so original.

Cute as heck posted:

WHEEEEEEEEEE

Glad to see the skid mark issue is still around after all these months.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Minijaka posted:

Glad to see the skid mark issue is still around after all these months.

Months? Try years. FM3 did the same thing.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
If you rewind when the car is making sparks or smoke and then go to photomode, it'll have the sparks and smoke be ahead of the car.

Also, if you take a picture and a title award pops up, that'll end up in the next photo if it doesn't go away.

We need a :dice: for turn 10 sometimes.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

This got the green light in IRC

e: why did i quote that

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I want that paint scheme now. It looks really good.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Falken posted:

We need a :dice: for turn 10 sometimes.

If any other game company needed it besides Dice, it would Polyphony before Turn10 :v:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

silverbullitt850 posted:

Spoiler Alert!

My goal was to make the Alfa not the fastest, since AWD is such an advantage. The Benz is the easiest to drive, so that couldn't be the fastest either. The Ford and the M3 are difficult for different reasons, so they have the fastest possible times, but those times are the hardest to achieve consistently, even for me.

You weren't kidding, and I suck so I switched to the merc.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

GutBomb posted:

You weren't kidding, and I suck so I switched to the merc.

Mother of gently caress, I need that Octan livery. That is awesome.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Mother of gently caress, I need that Octan livery. That is awesome.

Holy poo poo yes.

Except it should be on the Volvo 242.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The 959 drives like a brick poo poo house at the top of A class. Plenty quick and SUPER predictable. You can tell it's still a Porsche though when you come out of a slide. If you're still opposite lock the car defies all laws of physics and snaps the opposite direction. :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Despite all my bitching about T10's car selection, I still bought the Porsche pack. I'm such a pathetic Porsche fanboy :(

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

T1g4h posted:

Despite all my bitching about T10's car selection, I still bought the Porsche pack. I'm such a pathetic Porsche fanboy :(

Least you can decide. I just switched my xbox on and then off, looked at how many points I had, switched my xbox on and off again, bought 2000 MS points, switched my xbox on and off yet again and now I'm gonna sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow.

Never been so on the fence about a bleedin' DLC pack of all things.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

i'm sad they put everything on sale besides the dang season pass of all thing this past week.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oopsie!

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/23/ferrari-458-italia-flips-at-laguna-seca/

What's remarkable to me is how well all the safety features worked. I bet that photographer behind the fence drat near poo poo himself when 1.5 tons of airborne Ferrari was suddenly aimed at his face.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
AUGR DTM Spec

Heat 1 - Hockenheimring

Boaz MacPherson
speedt3k
whatcubed3
Gathering Quill
SAPopeOnARope
TheCowboyJoe
00fresh
GutBomb420

Heat 2 - Nurburgring GP

Boaz MacPherson
whatcubed3
SAPopeOnARope
00fresh
GatheringQuill
TheCowboyJoe [DNF]
speedt3k [DNF - dropped while in 1st lap 11 of 13]
gutbomb [DNF - dropped while in 7th lap 11 of 13]

So it turns out the Alfa is pretty neat.

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 24, 2012

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

xzzy posted:

Oopsie!

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/23/ferrari-458-italia-flips-at-laguna-seca/

What's remarkable to me is how well all the safety features worked. I bet that photographer behind the fence drat near poo poo himself when 1.5 tons of airborne Ferrari was suddenly aimed at his face.

What's going on here? Door latch failure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtgB8W8WZHw&t=1m57s

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

GutBomb posted:

Did you order an Elite wheel?

Nope. The csr xl kit and the rennsport stand.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I turned a 73 911 into a VW Bug.

:v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Full moon hubcaps are the best.

Get some whitewalls on it and :allears:

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

A lot of these 911s feel really unstable. I'm not sure if its the suspension setup or my controls or what. I watched a replay of one of my races where I threw the car into a ridiculous drift just by downshifting from 5th to 4th through a slight turn.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

A lot of these 911s feel really unstable. I'm not sure if its the suspension setup or my controls or what. I watched a replay of one of my races where I threw the car into a ridiculous drift just by downshifting from 5th to 4th through a slight turn.

Welcome to the joys of having the engine's center of mass behind the rear axle. It turns the car into a giant sledgehammer.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
That's also why 911s own.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I find them excellent to drive, especially with some basic tuning, but yeah, never ever downshift one while turning. It'll even throw a smart car into the dirt, let alone a 911.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

AUGR DTM Spec

Heat 1 - Hockenheimring

Boaz MacPherson
speedt3k
whatcubed3
Gathering Quill
SAPopeOnARope
TheCowboyJoe
00fresh
GutBomb420

Heat 2 - Nurburgring GP

Boaz MacPherson
whatcubed3
SAPopeOnARope
00fresh
GatheringQuill
TheCowboyJoe [DNF]
speedt3k [DNF - dropped while in 1st lap 11 of 13]
gutbomb [DNF - dropped while in 7th lap 11 of 13]

So it turns out the Alfa is pretty neat.

So, current standings going into the season finale are as follows:

code:
Name    	Points	Penalty
Boaz McPherson	284	25
TheCowboyJoe	279	15
whatcubed3	211	20
sapopeonarope	162	5
Krautastic	135	15
Oofresh 	120	20
Force 7 	111	25
speedt3k	111	5
aardmania	95