Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sniep posted:

cool, you got my post

i thought you were serious, people are still lazy/stupid in tyool 2012? v:downs:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Sniep posted:

cool, you got my post
i'm in your face

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haljordan posted:

well i mean even if you knew the launch codes, its not like you could just go to https://www.launchanuke.com and mash some keys

maybe not in the primitive 60s and 70s but now we have web 2.0

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This rules

"fallen ill to apples"

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

gooby on rails posted:

maybe not in the primitive 60s and 70s but now we have web 2.0

http://unu.ke/

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

A strange game. The only winning move is to raise $57.5 million in funding and convince Mark Zuckerberg to give you a billion dollars.

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Goldenrod #FCD975 (252, 217, 117) 64 1958

regenwetter
Apr 5, 2012

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
In 2009, Crayola released eight "ultra-cool" and "super-hot" crayons in long twistable barrels.[20]

the reference is a deleted flickr photo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Watch_pocket_Samsung_M910_phone_jeh.jpg

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

File usage
The following pages on the English Wikipedia link to this file (pages on other projects are not listed):

Pocket watch

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

The geometry of some of the structures in the game (bottom) was taken from the sets of the movie (top).

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

The pocketwatch has regained popularity due to steampunk, a cultural movement embracing the arts and fashions of the Victorian era, where pocketwatches were nearly ubiquitous.[9]

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercouple#Video_game

:sigh:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

read that guy's userpage if you want to get a feel of what it's like to be the world's most boring and unloved man

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Commons_file_movers
COMMONS FILE MOVERS

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Snowdino_CP_girl_jeh.jpg

wikipedians vote to delete a photo of a snowman made by a little girl

because legally it constitutes a copyrighted work and they didn't get the artist's permission

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

this was hella cool back in the day

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Amethyst posted:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Snowdino_CP_girl_jeh.jpg

wikipedians vote to delete a photo of a snowman made by a little girl

because legally it constitutes a copyrighted work and they didn't get the artist's permission

why couldn't someone just make an account and say "I'm the girl's dad and she says you have permission"

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

citation/dna test required

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yodzilla posted:

this was hella cool back in the day

what is it

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

goldeneye

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

goldenaxe

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Popular culture has also portrayed potential uses of multi-touch technology in the future, including several installments of the Star Trek franchise.

The television series CSI: Miami introduced both surface and wall multi-touch displays in its sixth season. Another television series, NCIS: Los Angeles, make use of multi-touch surfaces and wall panels as an initiative to go digital. Another form of a multi-touch computer was seen in the film The Island, where the professor, played by Sean Bean, has a multi-touch desktop to organize files, based on an early version of Microsoft Surface[2]. Multitouch technology can also be seen in the James Bond film Quantum of Solace, where MI6 uses a touch interface to browse information about the criminal Dominic Greene.[22] In an episode of the television series The Simpsons, when Lisa Simpson travels to the underwater headquarters of apple to visit Steve Jobs, who is shown to be performing multiple multi-touch hand gestures on a large touch wall.

A device similar to the Surface was seen in the 1982 Disney sci-fi film Tron. It took up an executive's entire desk and was used to communicate with the Master Control computer.

The interface used to control the alien ship in the 2009 film District 9 features such similar technology.[23]

Microsoft's Surface was also used in the 2008 film The Day the Earth Stood Still.[citation needed]

In the 2002 film Minority Report, Tom Cruise uses a set of gloves that resemble a multi-touch interface to browse through information.[24]

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrooge_McDuck#Wealth

The sum of Scrooge's wealth is very controversial.[12] According to Barks' The Second Richest Duck as noted by a TIME article, Scrooge is worth one multiplujillion, nine obsquatumatillion, six hundred twenty-three dollars and sixty-two cents.[13] In the DuckTales episode Liquid Assets, Fenton Crackshell (Scrooge's accountant) notes that McDuck's money bin contains 607 tillion 386 zillion 947 trillion 522 billion dollars and 36 cents. Don Rosa's the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck notes that Scrooge amounts to five multiplujillion, nine impossibidillion, seven fantasticatrillion dollars and sixteen cents. A thought bubble from Scrooge McDuck sitting in his car with his Chauffeur in "Walt Disney's Christmas Parade No.1" (Published in 1949) that takes place in the story "Letter to Santa" clearly states "What's the use of having eleven octillion dollars if I don't make a big noise about it?" Forbes has occasionally tried to estimate McDuck's wealth in real terms; in 2007, Forbes estimated his wealth at $28.8 billion;[14] in 2011, it rose to $44.1 billion due to the rise in gold prices.[15] One website used the size of Scrooge's Money Bin as a basis and calculated that it could contain over $27 trillion.[16] Barks himself has said that the fortune is five billion quintiplitilion unptuplatillion multuplatillion impossibidillion fantasticatrillion dollars.[citation needed] Whatever the amount, Scrooge never considers it enough: he has to continue to earn money by any means possible.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Amethyst posted:

read my post history if you want to get a feel of what it's like to be the world's most boring and unloved man

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrooge_McDuck#Wealth

The sum of Scrooge's wealth is very controversial.[12] According to Barks' The Second Richest Duck as noted by a TIME article, Scrooge is worth one multiplujillion, nine obsquatumatillion, six hundred twenty-three dollars and sixty-two cents.[13] In the DuckTales episode Liquid Assets, Fenton Crackshell (Scrooge's accountant) notes that McDuck's money bin contains 607 tillion 386 zillion 947 trillion 522 billion dollars and 36 cents. Don Rosa's the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck notes that Scrooge amounts to five multiplujillion, nine impossibidillion, seven fantasticatrillion dollars and sixteen cents. A thought bubble from Scrooge McDuck sitting in his car with his Chauffeur in "Walt Disney's Christmas Parade No.1" (Published in 1949) that takes place in the story "Letter to Santa" clearly states "What's the use of having eleven octillion dollars if I don't make a big noise about it?" Forbes has occasionally tried to estimate McDuck's wealth in real terms; in 2007, Forbes estimated his wealth at $28.8 billion;[14] in 2011, it rose to $44.1 billion due to the rise in gold prices.[15] One website used the size of Scrooge's Money Bin as a basis and calculated that it could contain over $27 trillion.[16] Barks himself has said that the fortune is five billion quintiplitilion unptuplatillion multuplatillion impossibidillion fantasticatrillion dollars.[citation needed] Whatever the amount, Scrooge never considers it enough: he has to continue to earn money by any means possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

w t f :stonk:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

gooby pls

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fatalfarm rules

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

graph posted:

gooby pls

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
hey this isn't a wikipedia thing but reviews on google maps has got to be down there right?

quote:

If you're feeling lonely, depressed, hopeless, thinking about the end, and need something to put you over the edge, stop in for some soggy burgers and abusive service. Whenever I start to hope for humanity, I know I can come here to get set straight by some foul-mouthed, acne-scarred teenager and his washed-up, apathetic manager.

quote:

Secretly run by (possibly nazi) crab people.

quote:

The drive-thru lady was handing my food to me when a man wearing a Richard Nixon mask smacked my McFlurry out of her hand and ran off screaming "I AM A CROOK." But later in the parking lot he sold me some of the dankest I've ever had, excellent customer service, fair prices. Five stars for Nixon, two for McDonalds.

quote:

I went in on a Thursday, which has always been the best day for teriyaki. I was excited. I'd heard good things. I took a seat in a booth near the window, after waiting 20 minutes for the hostess, and tried not to look invisible. Four hours later a 10-year-old Cambodian boy asked in broken English for my order, "What you like eat?" I ordered the teriyaki ostrich. I'd never had ostrich, but I'd heard good things. I was excited. Three weeks later a live ostrich served me what appeared to be teriyaki Cambodian boy. I let it go--probably a mix up in the kitchen. It was a little dry. Overall I was unimpressed. The bartender was cute, which is why I'm giving two stars instead of one, but she was covered in white power tattoos, which I understand may be a deal-breaker for some.

actually i got a pretty good laugh out of these, hope you enjoyed :)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

no reviews are like youtube comments dont read them

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
i saw a bunch of "my son was killed by these people here are all these really stupid details and obvious lies and pleas for attention" comments on the google maps review for the nsa headquarters

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

post negative reviews of faulty military hardware to the manufacturere's hq

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Who makes MRAPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho