Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
It's perfect, you see, as there are 4 Jacks in a deck. I think this means we have all the Jacks.

Or not, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

YggiDee posted:

Oh god, there are now four iterations of Jack Noir running around. That's too many goddamn Jack Noirs.

You shut up.

Shut the gently caress up.

SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

CONTENT EDIT: So the Dersites wear white, and the Propsitians wear black. Is the just more chess imagery? This "U" Universe/Incipisphere is more chess themed than the other Universes.

EDIT 2: Wait, everything is split up. UU's room is Dersite Purple, so uu's room on Dersite must be Prospitian Gold.

VVVVV I think that is just the lack of light on everything. Jack has some light coming onto his right side here, showing his uniform to be white.

life_source fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 26, 2012

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Huh. I just noticed that Jack's wearing clothes that matches UU's text color, while the Prospitians are wearing clothes that match uu's.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Well, that's one tried-and-true way to shank a bitch. Noir is always good for stabby time. Also, nice Freudian slip on uu's part.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Well, that's one tried-and-true way to shank a bitch. Noir is always good for stabby time. Also, nice Freudian slip on uu's part.

More like he Freudian fell down some stairs.

I WARNED uu ABOUT STAIRS BRO! I TOLD uu DOG!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This set of panels is really unsettling. In a few ways, actually!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

YggiDee posted:

Oh god, there are now four iterations of Jack Noir running around. That's too many goddamn Jack Noirs.

:eng101: Actually, there are five -- A1 also had a Jack. :haw:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Android Blues posted:

Was thinking the same thing. We've seen some serious poo poo go down in this story, but Skaia was always beaming and radiant as ever. Now, though, it going all dark and poo poo? Who the hell knows what's up with that.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

With Jack's new outfit comes a new theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxbL01zCuG0

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

It occurs to me it's possible that the joke is on uu in that killing UU's dreamself he has just forced her into "his" dreamself, robbing himself of one and also, triggering Skaia to go dark because it now registers the game as over and will self terminate.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Also, nice Freudian slip on uu's part.

Maybe trolls with cherry red blood just share some genetic predisposition towards putting their own foot in their mouth. Heaven knows that Karkat's done it plenty enough.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Maybe trolls with cherry red blood just share some genetic predisposition towards putting their own foot in their mouth. Heaven knows that Karkat's done it plenty enough.

The power of their blood caste is that they're reverse empathic and keep accidentally letting everyone know how they really want to feel them up.

It's kind of a lovely power.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Slime posted:

The power of their blood caste is that they're reverse empathic and keep accidentally letting everyone know how they really want to feel them up.

It's kind of a lovely power.

They were all killed because they kept embarrassing trollkind in front of the other alien species.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Man, what is this guy's deal!

I vaguely remember UU mentioning her session was weird, but what were the specifics?

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

RuanGacho posted:

It occurs to me it's possible that the joke is on uu in that killing UU's dreamself he has just forced her into "his" dreamself, robbing himself of one and also, triggering Skaia to go dark because it now registers the game as over and will self terminate.

Well, we know from UU's last conversation that Skaia was already growing dark in her dreams. I don't know what this will mean for whatever main body she has or may/may not be sharing, but she might be able to delve into the dream bubbles somehow now.

Also that Skaia is loving creepy.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I wonder if prototyping is responsible for the clothing changes.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Dr Christmas posted:

I wonder if prototyping is responsible for the clothing changes.

Possible by not likely -- note that Prospit has no prototyping towers.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
The mixing of colors between Derse and Prospit stuff is probably caused by UU and uu being two personalities in one body. Or rather, since we haven't been definitively told what their deal is, it's probably yet another indication of them being split personalities.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

If I had to take a guess, I'd say the Uu session is null and void.

Or possibly something else entirely different! :v:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I've got a terrible feeling that uu might have just completely hosed his session, somehow.

I can't imagine any scenario when Skaia going completely black would be a good thing.

Dolash asked what the purpose of the UU and uu characters were. Maybe they both die and their purpose is to provide another broken session that can be used to the kids' advantage?

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!
The more I see of this guy the more I subscribe to the red-green split Karkat theory (whether it was an experiment by the Condesce or Karkat messing with his own ectobiology and making a mutant). There's no way that slip was a coincidence, and Jack's his "best friend".

Coming to Homestuck this summer, the long-awaited sequel! Too many Jacks 2: The Karkattening!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

CidGregor posted:

I've got a couple random silly things I've been wanting to ask but never had the tumblr account to do so, mostly music-related:

1. What are the odds on putting together a Homestuck concert someday?

2. If Homestuck had/has/will have a 'credits music', is it yet to be created or is it out there in the pool already? Because "Alternia" has always been the perfect end credits track in my head. (I don't think this counts as plot stuff?)

3. If Homestuck were made into a television or movie production, which would you (hussie) prefer? And would/should it be animated or live action?

1. Hasn't a Homestuck concert happened? At least, Bowman put together a thing, no?

2. My dream would be a final flash set to Green Ghost or Alternia, and a cast roll ala Earthbound and Mother 3 set to Homefree or maybe go full-on corny and set it to Chain of Prospit. I have Thought Way Too Much about this.

3. I could see it translating to television very well. It'd haaaave to be a cartoon though. No other way, man.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I wonder if it's a Thing that the alternative to white/black in chess piece color is often red/green.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

nerdbot posted:

1. Hasn't a Homestuck concert happened? At least, Bowman put together a thing, no?

2. My dream would be a final flash set to Green Ghost or Alternia, and a cast roll ala Earthbound and Mother 3 set to Homefree or maybe go full-on corny and set it to Chain of Prospit. I have Thought Way Too Much about this.

3. I could see it translating to television very well. It'd haaaave to be a cartoon though. No other way, man.

1: Yes, once, in some guy's backyard. I'm talking about something more like getting the musicians all together with a band/orchestra and putting on a real live production of Homestuck music. I'd go to that concert in a heartbeat.

2: Chain of Prospit would be so ridiculous as credits music I can't even imagine it.

3: Yeah I agree, it'd definitely have to be animated, whether movie or TV show. Now to project voice actors.....

(I know she's in everything but it's with good reason, I could seriously see Tara Strong in just about any of the girls' roles, but I especially think something not far off from her Teen Titans "Raven" voice would be pretty amazing for Rose. Oh god help now I'm Thinking Way Too Much About This.)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Dante Basco already said he'd do Tavros if they ever did a Homestuck cartoon, so we're good for at least one of them.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Android Blues posted:

uu's not-so-subtle misogyny doesn't help.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Rereading Act 5 for kicks.

Did we bring up this panel when we found out that post-scratch John became a tv court judge?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005573

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Bobulus posted:

Rereading Act 5 for kicks.

Did we bring up this panel when we found out that post-scratch John became a tv court judge?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005573

Or the next page?

code:
Green means grow red means shrink! See you soon pal.
(big stretch i know)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

CidGregor posted:

2: Chain of Prospit would be so ridiculous as credits music I can't even imagine it.

Am I the only one who absolutely loves MTaHK? :allears: It's gotta be my favorite Homestuck album.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Kazy posted:

Am I the only one who absolutely loves MTaHK? :allears: It's gotta be my favorite Homestuck album.

Rest assured, you are not. That album drat near defined summer 2011 for me. :krad:

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Oh yeah, that was the first Homestuck album I bought. I mean, where else can you find an ashen quadrant power ballad?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm gonna call MT&HK my favorite Homestuck album too. It's also the one I'd be least apprehensive about playing for other people.

It's also packed to the brim with perfect hypothetical Homestuck credits music - every track, in one way or another, would work for credits music for Homestuck. The exception is Pumpkin Tide, which would instead be Problem Sleuth credits music. Fly could also be SBaHJ credits music, but I think it has too much abject quality to be suitable for such.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Cabbit posted:

uu's not-so-subtle misogyny doesn't help.

He's a misogynist and has repressed sexual desires for his sister. This guy is not nice.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

MTaHK is great for its mix of quirkiness, humor, and genuinely amazing music. I like to treat Forever as an extended intro for Dawn of Man, which to me pretty much defines the human experience. Beta Version is similarly wonderful and No Release is full of useful advice. Fly is a song about SBAHJ of all things, so that gets props, and Chain of Prospit is incredibly upbeat (but I do have to fast forward through the very end, gotta admit). Pumpkin Tide cracks me up and The Deeper You Go is a great closer. The only one I don't really like as much is Lies with the Sea, for some reason.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Android Blues posted:

He's a misogynist and has repressed sexual desires for his sister. This guy is not nice.

Yeah, his constant use of "bitch" was making me a bit skeeved out. Which, now that I think about it, fits pretty well into "These characters represent the Homestuck fandom".

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
This MTaHK talk made me pull it up on my computer and listen to it again. Forget socializing. I've got some goofy digital hairband webcomic pop music to listen to. :rock:

Thanks, guys.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PublicOpinion posted:

Yeah, his constant use of "bitch" was making me a bit skeeved out. Which, now that I think about it, fits pretty well into "These characters represent the Homestuck fandom".

Man, if uu/UU create and/or become Lord English it is going to be like a giant loving A-bomb of meta-commentary going off.

In fact... yeah, wow. I think I've half convinced myself that is a thing that has to happen.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Gabriel Pope posted:

Man, if uu/UU create and/or become Lord English it is going to be like a giant loving A-bomb of meta-commentary going off.

In fact... yeah, wow. I think I've half convinced myself that is a thing that has to happen.

It's Homestuck, so that theory, along with many others, has a non-zero chance of being true.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Homestuck ends with the revelation that Homestuck fandom is literally incarnated as the most evil destructive force in the universe. It will be a thing of unparalleled beauty. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
You know what one of my favourite things about this fandom is? The utterly unique, sometimes absurd and always sense-making-in-context word combinations that this comic allows us to write. Case in point:

Olivia42 posted:

ashen quadrant power ballad
:allears: