Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

The cars are actually pre-made tunes. You can get them from the storefront, search for gamertag Krautastic. The Pinto is there, and if you don't have the DLC, there is a Mustang King Cobra also under the label "specpinto" and you can use that car.

Thanks and thanks. Building a car. I'm already in augr as JCole and on the spreadsheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
OK I'm ready to go, running some practice laps right now. If someone could send an invite once the lobby is ready for JCole

Thanks!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
What class is that Pinto tune? I'm actually going to be home in time for this session for the first time in ages and might join in.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ether Frenzy posted:

What class is that Pinto tune? I'm actually going to be home in time for this session for the first time in ages and might join in.

Somewhere around a508.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Cool. Someone invite me to the game if there's room. I *think* I joined that spreadsheet, but who knows. Definitely in AUGR.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ether Frenzy posted:

Cool. Someone invite me to the game if there's room. I *think* I joined that spreadsheet, but who knows. Definitely in AUGR.

Send a message to sapopeonarope

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Send a friend request to whatcubed3 and I'll invite you to the race.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Ugh.

Back in February I built a standing desk.
Standing Desk + Racing Game + Barstool = all my weight on my tailbone = lovely driving and one VERY short race.

I got my 5 points for the season, though, so I'm happeh. =)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sorry, was in the game testing the car. I'll send the FR now but I imagine you have already started.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
AUGR Nurburgring Spec Pinto Results

TheCowboyJoe
BOaz MacPherson
JCole
whatcubed3
SAPopeOnARope
GutBomb420
JabsTheGoon [DNF]

edit: who is Gammatron 64?

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 31, 2012

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Anybody grab screen shots? I'm a sucker for Pinto's doing non Pinto things. :3:

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Basically that was the JCole and Whatcubed race. We battled for 4 laps of nurbergring for 3rd spot. I will upload an example video tomorrow. I used the king cobra with the mushiest suspension ever, and basically success or failure of each turn depended on how the springs decided to bounce.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

AUGR Nurburgring Spec Pinto Results

TheCowboyJoe
BOaz MacPherson
JCole
whatcubed3
SAPopeOnARope
GutBomb420
JabsTheGoon [DNF]

So, under last season's rules, a disconnect counts as a DNF, no matter what. Under that situation, here's what the final standings would look like
code:
Name    	Points
TheCowboyJoe	295
Boaz McPherson	293
whatcubed3	215
sapopeonarope	160
Krautastic	135
Oofresh 	120
speedt3k	111
Force 7 	101
aardmania	95
logue 1 	91
xander i crews	71
gathering quill	71
vertigo 360	53
kilonum 	39
Atticus Eisherr	38
deathgibs	34
Fuzzie Murloc	31
Gutbomb420	30
Cubivore	28
ropeyrope	25
crow t macbot	21
jcole    	21
Bag Squad	16
dukket  	15
racerx7707	14
van330ci	13
matybara	11
sac4eva 	10
Kaddion 	5
Joey Aces	5
travh88 	5
JabstheGoon	5
And here's how they'd look like with counting DNF's under the cobbled together agreement made after much complaining.

code:
Name     	Points
Boaz McPherson	300
TheCowboyJoe	295
whatcubed3	220
sapopeonarope	167
Krautastic	135
Oofresh 	120
Force 7 	111
speedt3k	111
aardmania	95
logue 1 	91
xander i crews	71
gathering quill	71
vertigo 360	53
kilonum 	39
Atticus Eisherr	38
deathgibs	34
Fuzzie Murloc	31
Gutbomb420	30
Cubivore	28
ropeyrope	25
crow t macbot	21
jcole   	21
Bag Squad	16
dukket   	15
racerx7707	14
van330ci	13
matybara	11
sac4eva 	10
Kaddion 	5
Joey Aces	5
travh88 	5
JabstheGoon	5
I bring this up, claiming relevance, because had last season used the same rules that were haphazardly adopted for this year, the final standings would have looked like this (I poo poo you not. I looked at the saved replay):

code:
TheCowboyJoe	241 (225+10+6 finishers behind)
Boaz MacPherson	240
Krautastic	170
Speedt3k	138
whatcubed3	116
Vertigo360	87
JabsTheGoon	83
Van330ci	82
Crow T Macbot	77
Aardmania	77
Matybara	70
Xander I Crews	66
MUTERUS9	53
unrollloops	46
DeathGibs	40
Racerx7707	31
fryskate	31
SAPopeOnARope	25
Kiba Stryker	24
Bentron	        24
Gathering Quill	23
AaronB LLJK	21
Rainwave	20
iamkitarouge	20
DefectiveLlama	19
Kaddion	        16
Necrotic Plague	10
ThreeAbboEskie	8
Eperitus	5

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Jabs posted:

AUGR Housecleaning done, 21 member with a level below 50 kicked.
Currently we're at 78/99.

If you were below level 50, and got kicked, just ask to rejoin, m'kay?

I think I'm on that list. Its probably for the best though. I like racing with the goons but I work nights and I'm never around on weekends so I feel bad taking up a spot

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Not realy game related but still fairly loving cool, lemans changed the name of the first chicane on the mulsanne. I cant remember what it used to be called, some other racing game I forget.
http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/update/hybrid-cars-braking-zones-on-the-le-mans-24%E2%88%92hours-circuit-_7185.html

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Idiot race posted:

Not realy game related but still fairly loving cool, lemans changed the name of the first chicane on the mulsanne. I cant remember what it used to be called, some other racing game I forget.
http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/update/hybrid-cars-braking-zones-on-the-le-mans-24%E2%88%92hours-circuit-_7185.html

What blows my mind is that they have to have special zones on the track to monitor and regulate how much energy hybrid cars are recovering during braking. Makes you realize just how far we've come in just the last 10 years or so.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Scirocco Griffon posted:

What blows my mind is that they have to have special zones on the track to monitor and regulate how much energy hybrid cars are recovering during braking. Makes you realize just how far we've come in just the last 10 years or so.

Well modern racecars have telemetry coming out the wazoo and f1 has been doing the zone thing ever since drs has been introduced.

I want T10 to add the TS030 and E-Tron Quattro to the next dlc pack so they have to assign another button for kers boost. :rice:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can't wait for this years 24 Hours of Le Mans. Completely brand new type of race car will be there, plus lots of really solid teams. It's going to be pretty competitive this year, except for in Prototype 1.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Idiot race posted:

Well modern racecars have telemetry coming out the wazoo and f1 has been doing the zone thing ever since drs has been introduced.

I want T10 to add the TS030 and E-Tron Quattro to the next dlc pack so they have to assign another button for kers boost. :rice:
They should really think about adding more functionality in FM5. Suppose that Microsoft use the same general idea for the Xbox 720's pad (and why shouldn't they, the 360 controller is great), there are some unused buttons on the pad such as the stick buttons and left/right on the dpad are unused apart from the useless damage/tire stuff which is accessible via the telemetry screen.

Give us the ability to have at least one assignable button which you could set to be either E-brake, KERS/DRS, down on the Dpad can cycle through different things you could adjust mid race, such as brake balance, rollbar stiffness etc and then left/right on dpad would adjust those.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

I said come in! posted:

I can't wait for this years 24 Hours of Le Mans. Completely brand new type of race car will be there, plus lots of really solid teams. It's going to be pretty competitive this year, except for in Prototype 1.

I'm gonna be there. Hopefully I'll be able to post pics when I get back.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Maybe we should do a multiclass multiclub 2.4 hours of lemans like some of the iracing people did with daytona 24?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

That's me. Just got the game. Level 20 or so now.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Idiot race posted:

Maybe we should do a multiclass multiclub 2.4 hours of lemans like some of the iracing people did with daytona 24?

This sounds awesome. I don't know what it is, but I just love endurance racing.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Idiot race posted:

I'm tentatively into this, depending on the date/time/cars.

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.

Idiot race posted:

That would be quite cool actually, depending on when it happens I'd love to try it

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I had a little think about it and tbh all I can think of is a horrible 1st corner massacre which cripples most of the grids aero, unless we do it without damage which is kinda lame. Or we use the heat quali system that seems to work in SAEG?
Also the fact that I dont think a 2 hour race would be fun without pitstops and I dont think R3/R1 cars would be fun to drive on drag tyres.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Falken posted:

They should really think about adding more functionality in FM5. Suppose that Microsoft use the same general idea for the Xbox 720's pad (and why shouldn't they, the 360 controller is great), there are some unused buttons on the pad such as the stick buttons and left/right on the dpad are unused apart from the useless damage/tire stuff which is accessible via the telemetry screen.

Give us the ability to have at least one assignable button which you could set to be either E-brake, KERS/DRS, down on the Dpad can cycle through different things you could adjust mid race, such as brake balance, rollbar stiffness etc and then left/right on dpad would adjust those.

I think you meant "Horn."

HONK HONK

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

AnimalChin posted:

I think you meant "Horn."

HONK HONK

I'll be really disappointed if they don't add weather. Some off-road (or just dirt track) events would be welcome as well.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I have no idea how they'd do it, but some kind of HUD interface where you can schedule what to adjust in the pit lanes would be pretty awesome. Anything from "gas and go" to "replace the rear aero".

FM1 sort of had this.. when you entered the pits a screen popped up with some sliders, but you had nowhere near enough time to actually do anything.

Also, loving CAMERA ANGLES. If replays still lock us into the lovely restrictive views the past two games have had, Turn 10 will need to get carpet bombed.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

I like that, because it gives you something to do on those long-rear end pit lane entrances.

I just want them to fix tire and fuel usage. I shouldn't be able to blast around the Nurburgring for an hour and have 90% of my gas left and a little bit of wear on the tires. Make it a lobby setting or something, but the wear and tear is so loving slow right now (unless you're on drag tires) that there's literally no reason for it to be in the game at all.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

xzzy posted:

I have no idea how they'd do it, but some kind of HUD interface where you can schedule what to adjust in the pit lanes would be pretty awesome. Anything from "gas and go" to "replace the rear aero".

Have it be a cyclable option with the back button like the damage and tire heat displays, maybe use left and right on the dpad to select options and clicking the right stick to toggle them.

Hell, just making it so pitting needed actual strategy instead of just "fix all my fuckups in three seconds" would be nice.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Hell, just making it so pitting needed actual strategy instead of just "drop in a new engine and suspension and put on new tires in 3 seconds but dont bother replacing the loving broke-rear end rear wing you pricks" would be nice.

Just let me replace the aero, please god let me replace the aero.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ANAmal.net posted:

Just let me replace the aero, please god let me replace the aero.

I hope they animate some guy coming out with a mallet to try and hammer body panels back into shape.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

xzzy posted:

I hope they animate some guy coming out with a mallet to try and hammer body panels back into shape.

Even better, have him do it old-school NASCAR style and use a baseball bat. Body by Louisville!

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Last night's race, me and whatcubed are in a battle, we're side by side and I see him move out to out brake me into the turn.

Since he was carrying a better line I braked hard and moved over a bit to avoid blocking. Well he brakes hard and moves over as well. It became a competition to see who could yield to the other driver the most.

I get on the radio and say "I think we're both being too courteous".

2 seconds later somebody says "loving Canadians"

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

I said come in! posted:

Here's how I think it'll go down;

LMP1 - Audi
LMP2 - Level 5 Motorsports/Honda
GTEPro - Corvette Racing
GTEam - Labre Competition/Corvette

For LMP1 and LMP2 the longshot winners are Toyota and Signatech/Nissan, respectively.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Here's how I think it'll go down;

LMP1 - Audi
LMP2 - Level 5 Motorsports/Honda
GTEPro - Corvette Racing
GTEam - Labre Competition/Corvette

For LMP1 and LMP2 the longshot winners are Toyota and Signatech/Nissan, respectively.

The delta wing is going to beat everyone but not count. I wonder if JLOC made it this year.

If someone wants to organise that lemans thing that would be great, although I dont have as much time as I did a while ago to race virtual car.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

jonathan posted:

Last night's race, me and whatcubed are in a battle, we're side by side and I see him move out to out brake me into the turn.

Since he was carrying a better line I braked hard and moved over a bit to avoid blocking. Well he brakes hard and moves over as well. It became a competition to see who could yield to the other driver the most.

What kind of lap times were you guys turning?

That Pinto is actually relatively decent to drive, if extremely prone to rolling over on randomly not-steep curbs on the 'Ring, but overall pretty fun. I was doing pretty consistant clean ~9:25s testing it out on a few laps.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Ether Frenzy posted:

What kind of lap times were you guys turning?

That Pinto is actually relatively decent to drive, if extremely prone to rolling over on randomly not-steep curbs on the 'Ring, but overall pretty fun. I was doing pretty consistant clean ~9:25s testing it out on a few laps.

Mine was 9:53 (my slowest was a 10:52 but i spun a couple times and rolled once on that lap) but I'm consistently slow. I think someone got a 9:18. I could really use some help to find out what I'm doing wrong. I'm mostly just winging it when I drive in this game, I've never really learned how to properly drive fast, when to downshift on a turn, what gear to downshift to, etc... but I'd love to get faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

jonathan posted:

hahahahaha oh Goons. :allears:

• Locked thread