Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I can see how that would be a Ned Beatty moment for some people but it's in the context of a love scene. She's not forced at gunpoint to give Vince Gallo a blowjob. I never really thought of that as demeaning and the prudish fake shock reaction is just ridiculous and silly. People have filmed non-simulated sex before.

She was also dating him at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I like this poster for Four Lions, mainly for the large amount of times 'funny' is quoted. Also the colours aren't too harsh on the eyes.

FairyNuff fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 1, 2012

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Here I go being extremely picky again, I mean that's an okay poster and all, but the composition is throwing me off and nothing looks like it's centered. It all looks like it's veering towards the right because of that giant bird and the "FUNNY" quotes aren't centered in the same spot as the rest of the poster. Big rule: Even if everything else in your poster is perfectly centered a la snapping in Photoshop, it's gonna look 'off' if you have one giant black foreground object that takes up a huge amount of right-side space and things need to be spread out or else it's going to look lopsided.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This might seem like a simple and academic question, but what's wrong with that? Why would being symmetrical be a requisite for the design? Is it a "balance" thing?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I completely disagree with you, Suzuki. I think it's a great poster. I also think that you're trying to pass of your "Big rule" as legitimate design truth instead of your own spergy opinion.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

I'm not extremely angry about the poster or anything, the alignment just bothers me. Sorry for that I guess? :psyduck: I don't think it's a terrible poster.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I realize that, but I'm asking what the rationale behind your criticism is. As a dumbass layman, I'm asking "so what?"

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I realize that, but I'm asking what the rationale behind your criticism is. As a dumbass layman, I'm asking "so what?"

Here, I whipped something up real quick trying to illustrate what I'm saying, if it makes any sense...

The crow itself is perfectly aligned, the quotes at the top did end up being aligned with the title/body even though I suspected it didn't, but a lot of the dark, foreground weight is in the right side with not much darkness along the top or the left side to balance it. Where the red lines are is where I kind of see this the most. Overall it's not something to get up in arms over but it really does immediately draw my eye towards the bottom right and I miss all of the information along the top if it does that, which takes away from the quotes being pretty clever. It's not so much apparent in full view and more apparent when the picture is opened in a new browser window with nothing else around it. v:shobon:v

Not everything has to be completely symmetrical. But the weight of this poster being completely on the right threw my eyes, and if I didn't scroll down posts to see the stuff at the top first I probably would have seen it last.

VV No problem! Apologies in advance if this makes zero sense to anyone but me. VV

Suzuki Method fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 1, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Even if I totally disagree, I see what you're talking about now. Cheers.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Iacen posted:

As for the first one, I have no idea why they decided to spell it "klown", except perhaps because it resembles the english word closer. The movie is called "Klovn the movie" in Danish, literally "Clown the movie". It's based on a TV-show, which again was inspired by Curb your Enthusiasm.
As for the second poster, the actor on the right is actually body painted and buck naked.
You want to see something :nws:? They did make another poster for Klovn the Movie: :nws:http://i.imgur.com/faPQe.jpg:nws:

Reminds me of this:
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/yFaJX.jpg

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Not to really add anything else to this poster, but I am now incredibly interested to see what role Jonathan Lipnicki is playing in this movie. I forgot he existed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AlexF posted:

For all the creative rights Steven Soderbergh gets for his feature films (even internationally) he doesn't seem to have any hand in marketing.

The thing that bothers me about this poster is that the best looking guy in the movie (Matt Bomer) is the one with his face obscured. Were they worried that he is too handsome?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Which itself reminds me of :nws:this:nws: Dali/Halsman photo, which was imitated in this poster and literally pasted into this one.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

Which itself reminds me of :nws:this:nws: Dali/Halsman photo, which was imitated in this poster and literally pasted into this one.

....holy poo poo, I've never noticed that the skull on the moth was the Dali photo before now.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Add me to the list of people who never even noticed that before.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Vagabundo posted:

Add me to the list of people who never even noticed that before.

I think I had heard it, but it took putting the two side-by-side to finally see it.

Is there a reason in the movie for it*? I haven't seen it in awhile.

VVV *Yeah, for Dali. Seems like a reasonable conclusion.

Nybble fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 2, 2012

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Those moths are a significant plot point, but I don't remember any Dali stuff in it. I think it may have just been put there as an Easter Egg by the person who designed the poster.

Edited in content:

If you're living in the US, go to the midnight IMAX screenings of Prometheus and get this limited edition poster.

Probably a first in first served basis, so make sure you get in early, you lucky bastards.

Also, new poster for Looper. It's a teaser poster for the UK.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 2, 2012

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Those moths are a significant plot point, but I don't remember any Dali stuff in it. I think it may have just been put there as an Easter Egg by the person who designed the poster.

I'm pretty sure the "women making the skull" on the moth is supposed to represent both Buffalo Bill's victims and his motive. The women make up the skull much like Buffalo Bill's skin suit, which he's is making for sexual reasons.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

If you're living in the US, go to the midnight IMAX screenings of Prometheus and get this limited edition poster.

Probably a first in first served basis, so make sure you get in early, you lucky bastards.

Wow, I really enjoy both of those posters! The blue and pale yellow colour scheme of the Looper one is great and I like the composition. Too bad I have no idea if I actually will enjoy Looper since I haven't heard of it until now, but this poster is doing it's job because now I have to see it in order to see if I can justify buying this. :v: And the Prometheus poster looks suitably retro, wish I lived in the US to snag one-- I think all the marketing for Prometheus was pretty good in general, good stuff.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Oh this is beyond cool. I never knew that Dali picture existed and now the Silence of the Lambs moth's pattern makes a totally different type of sense.

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002
Some 'fan made' Dark Knight Rises posters featuring the supporting characters. I believe it's a guy on reddit.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

DKWildz posted:

Some 'fan made' Dark Knight Rises posters featuring the supporting characters. I believe it's a guy on reddit.

I like that of all the posters, Alfred is the only smart enough to bring an umbrella.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I like that of all the posters, Alfred is the only smart enough to bring an umbrella.

I like to think that it isn't Alfred, but Michael Caine just refuses to ever get wet in films.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Codependent Poster posted:

I like to think that it isn't Alfred, but Michael Caine just refuses to ever get wet in films.

Alfred was John Steed in a former life.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vagabundo posted:

Have you tried calling the mobile number scratched on the door?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I get Number not recognized when I try it.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
It's a website

https://www.07153902935.com

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Suzuki Method posted:

Too bad I have no idea if I actually will enjoy Looper since I haven't heard of it until now, but this poster is doing it's job because now I have to see it in order to see if I can justify buying this. :v:

The Looper poster basically reads as a high budget Primer, and what do you know, Shane Carruth is linked to the film as some sort of advisor to the time travel effects. God knows what that means, but Looper's director is the guy who did Brick, which I enjoyed, when I could hear the dialogue.
So, I'm looking forward to Looper.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

gregday posted:

The best thing about this is that the "SPIDERMAN" begins the next line. The reveal kills me every time.

That totally got me. I was like "Okay, whoever did this obviously has English as a second language at best- WHAT"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Looper poster basically reads as a high budget Primer, and what do you know, Shane Carruth is linked to the film as some sort of advisor to the time travel effects.

Actually he's a poo poo hot Time Consultant!

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Primer was my first thought seeing the Looper poster as well. I like it. Is that machine full of those weird gold bar things from the trailer?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

This is pretty ridiculous:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hey, are Chris Pine and Tom Hardy wearing the same shirt and sharing a left hand?

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I think it's the same legs as well, just flipped. Maybe not.

This Means More War Edition looks like such a great movie about a blonde woman who controls two androids in the future.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hardy and Pine had the same body, only flipped on the theatrical poster, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. The part about the legs, I mean.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Chris Pine always looks like a Thunderbirds marionette on posters.

Also, he smuggled a lot of lens flare off of the Star Trek set.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

Also, he smuggled a lot of lens flare off of the Star Trek set.

They're trying to appeal to the audience that wants to see Young Kirk and Young Picard face off.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LesterGroans posted:

Chris Pine always looks like a Thunderbirds marionette on posters.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

^^ :aaa: ^^^

Turns out they're not the same hand! I thought they were. Either that or someone did a major warping job on the fingernail and the curve of the index/middle fingers. :eng101:

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

This is a work of art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The MSJ posted:

This is fan art, but I wish it's official.

I was looking through this artist's deviantart page and I have to say that there are a couple of posters that I like a lot more than the official version. Here is his take on the Dark Knight Rises: