Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Clearly Stephen is Oscar reincarnated

Speaking of reincarnation here is a pic of the greatest general in US history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Julie London (September 26, 1926 – October 18, 2000) was an American singer and actress. She was best known for her smoky, sensual voice

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Rakugoon posted:

I still think I'm looking at Stephen Fry first every time I see a picture of Oscar. Every single time.
There's more than one reason.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.
Is the 80s considered history yet? It was 32 years ago after all.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
6 pages and no Lupita Tovar?

She was the BEST Mina from Dracula. So damned pretty and sweet. Even her descendants are still in the movie biz. I believe they are to be blamed/credited for the American Pie films.

Seriously. Watch the Spanish language Universal Dracula from the early 30s and try to not adore her. Hell, the whole cast is amazing. Their Drac isn't quite as iconic as Lugosi but he is still great.

Plus her interview on the Dracula Anniversary DVD was just great. An utterly charming woman to this day. And apparently still alive according to Wikipedia where I got the picture from. (Uploaded to Imgur.)

And even more upsetting (unless I have missed it of course)
NO HEADY LAMARR?

Not only was she gorgeous as hell, but she helped develop communications technology we use today!

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

Rakugoon posted:

I still think I'm looking at Stephen Fry first every time I see a picture of Oscar. Every single time.

And every time I look at pictures of Lord Alfred Douglas I think "y'know, young Jude Law was such good casting that really he was an improvement over the original."

Yeah, sure, he's a historical hottie:

But he tends to put on this weird vacant face for photographs.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

pageerror404 posted:

Is the 80s considered history yet? It was 32 years ago after all.

If that is true let's bring out the greatest quirky intellect typecasted actor of all time:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Malcolm had a great smile.

Soundtrack To Mary
Nov 12, 2007

ZOMBY WOOF

Rabbit Hill posted:

And he's been posted in this thread before but that's no reason not to include more pictures of the handsomest devil --

~*Errol Flynn*~ :allears::swoon::shlick:

The snazziest man of the 20th century. :swoon:

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?
Matthew Flinders. He circumnavigated Australia and recognised it as an island continent.

Broccoli Cream Salad
Dec 2, 2004

Love Hurts... *prick prick*

attackofthequasars posted:

As far as hotties go, Greece had got it going from early on...

Ancient snake goddess from around 2000BCE.

My first avatar here was of the Minoan Snake goddess. One Christmas, a goon wrapped her in christmas lights and animated it. It was *amazing*.

In my first apartment in Greece, it was a tiny furnished studio. There was a MASSIVE painting of Kolokotronis directly across from my bed. I literally went to bed every night seeing his face. hehe.

I think Perikles is highly overrated (I'm a Themistokles gal), but I'll concede, the dude had it going on.

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

magic pantaloons posted:

Matthew Flinders. He circumnavigated Australia and recognised it as an island continent.

This was when the world really was young and exciting. "Is this place an island? I don't know, let's find out!" *sails around until he's back where he started*

attackofthequasars
Aug 3, 2011

subject to change without notice

Broccoli Cream Salad posted:

My first avatar here was of the Minoan Snake goddess. One Christmas, a goon wrapped her in christmas lights and animated it. It was *amazing*.

In my first apartment in Greece, it was a tiny furnished studio. There was a MASSIVE painting of Kolokotronis directly across from my bed. I literally went to bed every night seeing his face. hehe.

I think Perikles is highly overrated (I'm a Themistokles gal), but I'll concede, the dude had it going on.

That avatar would be brilliant! :) And I agree, Perikles was one hot dude.

I have to admit though, that my love for potatoes has made me a Kapodistrias fangirl.

Greeks didn't much like the idea that the should suddenly have to cultivate potatoes because they had no idea what they were. Government officials were giving them away but people in the villages didn't want to have anything to do with it. Then Kapodistrias supposedly ordered his officials to put all potatoes in silos and made it illegal for anyone to go in and take any.

So obviously Greeks did. And that's our little story of how we got the potatoes. Potatoes are neat. I like them.

Hyper-Urho-Kekkonen
Mar 21, 2009

Iva Toguri D'Aquino, aka Tokyo Rose. Her smile is adorable :3

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Captain Rufus posted:

And even more upsetting (unless I have missed it of course)
NO HEADY LAMARR?

Not only was she gorgeous as hell, but she helped develop communications technology we use today!

You made a mistake

Ooze
Apr 21, 2007

:tipshat:
Anton Walbrook, probably best known for his performances in the Powell & Pressburger films The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp and The Red Shoes.

:allears:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Jean Jacques Rousseau

Extremely liberal French philosopher AND total babe. Apparently he had a bunch of kids of out wedlock, it's easy to see how that happened. Pretty sure he married her eventually though. Also, he could cook! What's not to like?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Silent movie actress Colleen Moore who, naturally, didn't have much of a career after talking pictures but was apparently a pretty smart investor such that she was basically set for the rest of her life even without her movie career.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

"Gone with the Wind" author Margaret Mitchell :allears:

She was first cousin to my wife's grandmother, and it's remarkable how much my wife looks like her. Strong genes in that family.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Amelia Earhart's been posted a few times, but Jackie Cochran was the first woman to break the sound barrier.

I did a project on her in the 2nd grade, which just was the root of my deep love for tomboys.

She founded WASP (Women Airforce Service Pilots). Those women would transport the planes to war zones.

I would cuddle with all those ladies.

The WAVES (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service) in WWII had some real cuties, too.

Janet Harmon Bragg was a nurse and the first black commercial pilot. Jacqueline Cochran rejected her from the WASP program because she was black. So she just helped build a hangar and buy a plane. Like you do.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Cochran also ran a pretty loving baller party ranch back in the day, if Chuck Yeager is to be believed.

Edit: confused Cochran with Pancho Barnes

Smiling Jack has a new favorite as of 03:23 on May 22, 2012

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

You made a mistake

First page, same joke!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trotsky was quite the looker

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Old film stars... Raquel Welch in the One million years BC era has always been my #1:

Valerie Leon (Hammer actress):

Linda Harrison (Nova in Beneath the Planet of the Apes)

Kumi Mizuno (Actress in films like Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster):

I guess I like wild women :geno:

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Mans posted:

Trotsky was quite the looker

Not shown: ice axe.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So it turns out that Alex Trebek used to be quite the looker in his youth.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You're probably a descendant of him, that's how hot he was back then.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Growing up around the aerobatics community when I was really little, I learned from a very young age that beautiful women and high performance aircraft go hand in hand. Take for example the inventor of that death defying inverted ribbon cut maneuver you see at airshows, Miss Betty Skelton.

Here she is posing with her custom 1948 Pitts Special Lil' Stinker, now hanging upside down in the Smithsonian.

She was also asked by NASA to be the only woman to go through the same physical and psychological evaluations as the seven Mercury astronauts. They called her 7 1/2 :3:

Oh yeah, and here she is jumping a huge proto-waverunner over a car.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUCK YEAH!

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

This magazine cover seems like the ultimate troll bait. "Should a girl be first in space?" I can imagine the fine male readers of LOOK clutching the magazine in anger and disbelief, feverishly penning a letter to the editors - "The fact that you even suggest such lunacy is why I am cancelling my subscription this very instant!"

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

egon_beeblebrox posted:

She was first cousin to my wife's grandmother, and it's remarkable how much my wife looks like her. Strong genes in that family.

Sup good looking distant relative buddy. My grandfather on my dad's side's cousin, Viveca Lindfors:

You goons probably know her from this though:

Yup, Dr Langford from Stargate was actually a looker when she was younger.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

utada posted:

This magazine cover seems like the ultimate troll bait. "Should a girl be first in space?" I can imagine the fine male readers of LOOK clutching the magazine in anger and disbelief, feverishly penning a letter to the editors - "The fact that you even suggest such lunacy is why I am cancelling my subscription this very instant!"

I read somewhere that in the early days of rocketry there were some who advocated training women instead of men as astronauts because on average women candidates were smaller and lighter than their male counterparts, which made it easier to design space capsules (the less the astronaut weighs, the more weight can go into the capsule itself). Of course, developments in rocketry had made this concern irrelevant by the time of the Mercury program.

For content, this is Prince Louis of Battenberg, First Sea Lord of the Royal Navy at the outbreak of the First World War, who was ultimately forced to resign because he was, quite literally, a German nobleman (actually he was a British citizen and had been for many years, but the tabloids hounded him anyway because that's what tabloids do). He was also a damned handsome man.

Seen here with and without fancy-rear end beard. The two pounds of imperial bling on his uniform add to the effect.

His son, Lord Louis Mountbatten, was no ugly duckling either.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 13:13 on Jun 3, 2012

desert diver
Mar 30, 2010

Tenzing Norgay

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Yoni Netanyahu

Not only was he hot and really heroic, but if he survived his final bout of heroics, his brothers life could have been completely different, as would the recent history of Israel.

Taco Delay
Jun 3, 2012

"Yeah, I'd like 6,000 chicken fajitas, please?"
The great Marcello Mastroianni, Fellini's pupil

...and Pam Grier in her mid-twenties. Absolutely stunning.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Xander77 posted:

Yoni Netanyahu

Not only was he hot and really heroic, but if he survived his final bout of heroics, his brothers life could have been completely different, as would the recent history of Israel.

I'm not the only one who thinks he looks a lot like Christian Bale in this picture, right?

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Being a shameless sucker for historical fiction, I love Pat Barker's Regeneration novels. Psychiatrist and ethnologist W.H.R. Rivers shows up as a highly sympathetic figure--and it turns out he was pretty cute as a youngster:

He kind of gave into the silly moustache thing, though:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Being a shameless sucker for historical fiction, I love Pat Barker's Regeneration novels. Psychiatrist and ethnologist W.H.R. Rivers shows up as a highly sympathetic figure--and it turns out he was pretty cute as a youngster:

He kind of gave into the silly moustache thing, though:

I loved these books and Rivers was the best thing about them. He looks exactly like he should look. :)

His picture as a young man reminds me of another fictionalized historical figure that generations have had a crush on:

Almanzo Wilder :swoon: (of the Little House on the Prairie books, if you've never read them)

Here is a picture of the moustachioed men in Laura Ingalls Wilder's life: (middle-aged Almanzo is at letter O [looking like McManus on OZ] and old-aged Almanzo :3: is at letter H):

source: here. The brave and dashing Cap Garland is at letter F.

"A kiss without a mustache is like an egg without salt." Uhhh...good thing times have changed, yikes.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Veronica Lake, with her trademark hairstyle.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?
Not a huge fan of monarchism but Princess Margaret was quite the looker. And many plebeian women in the British Commonwealth were named after her and her more famous sister during the mid 20th century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

:allears: Emilie du Chatalet: author, physicist and boinker of Voltaire.

• Locked thread