Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

Hm yes, Saints fans should definitely be very proud of that championship these days

I feel bad every time I see Peyton Manning carted off the field when I watch the replays of XLIV.

I then woot softly when I see Vilma run over to Gregg Williams with his palm outstretched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I'd even wear a 1991 NFC WEST Champs shirt under my jersey, but I've gotten WAY too fat for the one I had back then (and about 8 inches taller).

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Do you want Sproles and Bree's too?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

mints posted:

I'd even wear a 1991 NFC WEST Champs shirt under my jersey, but I've gotten WAY too fat for the one I had back then (and about 8 inches taller).

I'm like the champion of minor title t-shirts. I bought an NFC West champs shirt their Super Bowl year and wear it way more than the one with Super Bowl champs on it :)

Plus I've got a 1997 Eastern Conference Capitals t-shirt and a couple of assorted USM bowl victory t-shirts (my favorite being the 1997 Liberty Bowl champs).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

GD_American posted:

I'm like the champion of minor title t-shirts. I bought an NFC West champs shirt their Super Bowl year and wear it way more than the one with Super Bowl champs on it :)

Plus I've got a 1997 Eastern Conference Capitals t-shirt and a couple of assorted USM bowl victory t-shirts (my favorite being the 1997 Liberty Bowl champs).

Minor bowl T-shirts are the best.

I rock my SDSU New Orleans Bowl shirt whenever I get the chance.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I don't buy New Orleans Bowl t-shirts.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Minor bowl T-shirts are the best.

I rock my SDSU New Orleans Bowl shirt whenever I get the chance.

Texas Holiday Bowl over Cal, hell yessssss

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I bought a SEC Championship hat right before the Auburn v. South Carolina game at the Georgia Dome.

:smith: Go Cocks :smith:

Edit: Also, hats are like the one thing that gets stolen in Korea. I've forgotten a wallet stuffed with cash for hours and gotten every last won back, but lost two hats when left alone for a total of maybe ten minutes. I miss that hat.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Not technically jersey related but I ordered a pair of those Nike shoes that were linked earlier in the thread and they're pretty rad.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Pops Mgee posted:

Not technically jersey related but I ordered a pair of those Nike shoes that were linked earlier in the thread and they're pretty rad.

Yesss So PUMPED for ordering the cowboys oens then. How long did it take to ship?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

squarerandom posted:

Yesss So PUMPED for ordering the cowboys oens then. How long did it take to ship?

I ordered mine on the 17th so about 3 weeks.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Those own. I like how they let you customize the whole shoe.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I just got a pair of non-NFL nike dunks because i loving ball. might get browns ones if these fit ok

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Mitchell and Ness is having a sale for Father's Day today through the 16th, 30% off everything but hats. They haven't put up this years crop of Jerseys though so depending on who you root for it could be slim pickings.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chichevache posted:

Why not cheer for a team with more?

This is correct.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I bought a SEC Championship hat right before the Auburn v. South Carolina game at the Georgia Dome.

:smith: Go Cocks :smith:

Edit: Also, hats are like the one thing that gets stolen in Korea. I've forgotten a wallet stuffed with cash for hours and gotten every last won back, but lost two hats when left alone for a total of maybe ten minutes. I miss that hat.

that was a waste of money right from the start jesus

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They had almost won against the Tigers earlier that season until Spurrier did his inevitable "gently caress with the QB position for no god damned reason" shtick. I figured absolute least the Cocks would keep it competitive. Oh well. Hell, I had already spent like 250$ or so to get in, what's another 20?

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Pops Mgee posted:

quick question, do these have a Zoom Air insole? you'd be able to tell by checking to see if the heel of the insole has a clear plastic bit with foam in the middle glued to it.

it'd look like the attached image

Only registered members can see post attachments!

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

We* did some arts 'n stuff on your shoe foam. That'll be $125 extra bucks, sir.

*By 'we' I mean some 'kids in a sweatshop somewhere'.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

mints posted:

quick question, do these have a Zoom Air insole? you'd be able to tell by checking to see if the heel of the insole has a clear plastic bit with foam in the middle glued to it.

Nope. Bottom is one solid piece of rubber.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

mints posted:

MY NAME IS STEVE TOO

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
my name isn't steve, I just found an image of the zoom air insole that's used in some Dunks to post it with the question.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rap posted:

MY NAME IS STEVE TOO

steve is a good name to have imo. non-steves are missin out

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnE2QvCvNh0

AND THE STEVE'S ARE THERE!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

holla

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Are there any shoes that say "dunkman" on them? I need to know for research purposes.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

dunkman posted:

Are there any shoes that say "dunkman" on them? I need to know for research purposes.
I'd be surprised if there wasn't any.

I'm partial to the "CHING CHONG" pair that kid has, with nice soft "sway day" material.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't get shoes.

japtor posted:

I'd be surprised if there wasn't any.

I'm partial to the "CHING CHONG" pair that kid has, with nice soft "sway day" material.

HOW IS THIS A REVIEW WHAT THE gently caress??? Augh I don't get shoes at all.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He sounds like he's trying to still convince himself that they're cool. I guess I don't quite get it either :bahgawd:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wear a pair of Reebok zigs when I wear gymshoes. Yeah, they're ugly as sin, but they feel like you're on a gym mat 24/7 and they're socially acceptable platform shoes /shortperson.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 16, 2012

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Reebok really is going all out, I guess. Space fighters for gym shoes?

:drat:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hell, that should help illustrate my point. My shoe shopping methodology is basically.

1. Previous gymshoes literally fall apart.
2. Go to outlet mall.
3. Wander.
4. Holy poo poo those look comfy.
5a: eeeeeehhhhhhh. *return to 4*
5b: Unf, my lovely knees like.
6. Which color combination is least garish?
7. :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

And then every time the first time I wear them I half expect people to point me out in the street and laugh at me. I have pretty good fashion sense when it comes to non-shoe items, don't know why this is such a big hangup for me. At least when it comes to non-gymshoes I can just buy black moccs or loafers and be bland.

When are the elites coming out? A black Atkins is basically already bought as far as I'm concerned.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
FYI I hear there is some kind of hangup with the elite jerseys. They may not make their summer release schedule. I'm kind of mad about it. If you were waiting to buy... keep waiting I guess? It could be a bit.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Wait, you sure you don't mean the "Limited"? Most teams already have Elites out...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm pissed that there is only a single elite jersey for sale for the Pats. I already have a Brady Reebok one.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm confused, I thought the Elites were the 150$ ones that were pretty much game jerseys without the waterproofing. What is this then?

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12772528

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I'm confused, I thought the Elites were the 150$ ones that were pretty much game jerseys without the waterproofing. What is this then?

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12772528

That's just the replica jersey with a customized name. It's $50 more expensive because they can.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's good to see that my hatred for Nike is still deserved.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Whatever they're calling the embroidered ones. There's some kind of issue with production that's causing them to be held back. Guess I got the name wrong!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Schwack posted:

Whatever they're calling the embroidered ones. There's some kind of issue with production that's causing them to be held back. Guess I got the name wrong!!

That still sucks, they're only 35 dollars more than the Game jerseys but by the sounds of it they are supposed to be exponentially better.

Knowing my luck they won't even have DeMarco Murray jerseys in Limited anyways...

• Locked thread