Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

AWWNAW posted:

Well I've been doing a bit of searching for new (and used) 2011-13 Mustang GT w/manual and I'm just not seeing many available. Are they hard to keep on the lot or just not very common? Or do Ford dealerships have lovely online inventory listings?

You shouldn't have a problem finding 2012's. Every dealer around me only had a handful of 2013's so I had to get mine custom ordered and wait 8 weeks for it to arrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

AWWNAW posted:

Well I've been doing a bit of searching for new (and used) 2011-13 Mustang GT w/manual and I'm just not seeing many available. Are they hard to keep on the lot or just not very common? Or do Ford dealerships have lovely online inventory listings?

The online inventory listing tool is pretty good, but when I was looking around for my boss I just didn't see many manuals in inventory on lots at all. Before I got mine I wanted to test drive a manual GT to see how big a difference it was compared to the boss, and the dealer near me just plain didn't have any for a pretty long while. They eventually got one in, but I think they just don't order all that many.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
The guy I sold my '84 SVO to just hit me up today asking if I wanted to buy it back.

Everyone has that car that they regret selling and this is mine. I seriously hope I can pull this deal off. I have no idea what I was thinking when I sold it after all the work I put into it.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Gwaihir posted:

The online inventory listing tool is pretty good, but when I was looking around for my boss I just didn't see many manuals in inventory on lots at all. Before I got mine I wanted to test drive a manual GT to see how big a difference it was compared to the boss, and the dealer near me just plain didn't have any for a pretty long while. They eventually got one in, but I think they just don't order all that many.

Not many people want the slower version. :smug:

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

frozenphil posted:

No matter what, it'll always at least be faster to get repaired. :colbert:

Because you won't own one.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Noise Complaint posted:

The guy I sold my '84 SVO to just hit me up today asking if I wanted to buy it back.

Everyone has that car that they regret selling and this is mine. I seriously hope I can pull this deal off. I have no idea what I was thinking when I sold it after all the work I put into it.

Ok, post some pics of it, barely decide against it, and let me buy it. :suspense:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
So I haven't been too keen on the Boss 302's until now.

:swoon: That yellow, mmmmmmm...

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

frozenphil posted:

Yeah, my 04 Cobra was manual and was a lot of fun to drive, so I figured I'd get a manual GT. I've just always associated power'stangs with manual trannies. I guess if this automatic is as nice as everyone says it is, I wouldn't mind it. I've also heard some Internet Talk about problems with the manual transmissions in the new GTs whereas everyone says the auto is great.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Devyl posted:

So I haven't been too keen on the Boss 302's until now.

That front lip looks like it's supported by plastic zip ties.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Number_6 posted:

That front lip looks like it's supported by plastic zip ties.

They're metal, but still fairly ricey for a street car. I can't remember if both the street splitter and the off-road splitter both use them.

I remember that the dealer couldn't officially install the off-road one for you upon delivery. You had to go back and get it put on all nudge-nudge wink-wink.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Dumb question time.

Dad's 05 3.8 v6 auto mustang is throwing codes.

P2106 - Throttle Actuator Control System
P2135 - Throttle Pedal Position Sensor / Switch
A/B Voltage Comelation? (I cant read his loving handwriting)

So what parts are we throwing at this to shut the computer up.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

kimbo305 posted:

Ok, post some pics of it, barely decide against it, and let me buy it. :suspense:

I don't know why he took the, in my opinion, AWESOME 80's "turbo" wheels off.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Slow is Fast posted:

Dumb question time.

Dad's 05 3.8 v6 auto mustang is throwing codes.

P2106 - Throttle Actuator Control System
P2135 - Throttle Pedal Position Sensor / Switch
A/B Voltage Comelation? (I cant read his loving handwriting)

So what parts are we throwing at this to shut the computer up.

The car wants you to transplant a 5.0 in there. It really does.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

The car wants you to transplant a 5.0 in there. It really does.

We have a second car for that....

His commuter DD mustang is slow for a reason. Both of us have very little self control and cannot daily drive fast cars.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How long exactly have the 2013s been on the road?

http://erepairables.com/salvage-auction/cars/ford/mustang/2013-ford-mustang-1504682

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

I love that it's the v6 with a "0 speed" transmission.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ssjonizuka posted:

I love that it's the v6 with a "0 speed" transmission.

The gears knew to get the gently caress out before poo poo really went sideways.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Would it be cheaper to buy a rollover like that or all new parts if you wanted engine and entire drive train to transplant into a project? I'll never be able to afford to do it, but eh dreams gotta come from somewhere.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Micromancer posted:

Would it be cheaper to buy a rollover like that or all new parts if you wanted engine and entire drive train to transplant into a project? I'll never be able to afford to do it, but eh dreams gotta come from somewhere.

It's a crap shoot, you could get in there and find cracked bell housings or transmission cases. or something like that. It would be interesting to buy something like this and put the engine somewhere it doesn't belong.

http://erepairables.com/salvage-classifieds/cars/maserati/quattroporte/2005-maserati-quattroporte-1622373

edit: http://erepairables.com/salvage-classifieds/cars/ford/shelby+gt500/2011-ford-shelby+gt500-1586861

this whole car is cheaper than the crate engine from FRP. assuming all the coolant hasn't drained out of it, that would probably be a reasonable way to go.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 7, 2012

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
So this is how freedom dies. :911:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What? It just looks like a test mule wi:aaaaa:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

What am I missing? I mean other than the loving awesome whip. Are they not supposed to be out yet or what?

Also, I love the new lines on the '13s. Such subtle changes from earlier years, but it really reinforces the light-profile, curvy look that I love about early muscle cars.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

What am I missing? I mean other than the loving awesome whip. Are they not supposed to be out yet or what?

Also, I love the new lines on the '13s. Such subtle changes from earlier years, but it really reinforces the light-profile, curvy look that I love about early muscle cars.

independent rear suspension.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

edit I am a retard

also: :hawaaaafap:

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 8, 2012

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

At least they made the platform solid axle first so it will be easy to swap that poo poo out. Congrats, Ford. You finally did what people who will never buy a Mustang anyway always wanted you to do.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

frozenphil posted:

At least they made the platform solid axle first so it will be easy to swap that poo poo out. Congrats, Ford. You finally did what people who will never buy a Mustang anyway always wanted you to do.

I read speculation that the area around the gas cap is covered up because changes to the hard points to accommodate the new suspension probably forced relocation of the fuel filler/gas tank.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

I read speculation that the area around the gas cap is covered up because changes to the hard points to accommodate the new suspension probably forced relocation of the fuel filler/gas tank.

Doesn't matter much as there is still enough room for the IRS so it's doubtful an SLA won't fit; solid axles don't need as much room as an IRS.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

frozenphil posted:

Maybe Ford is going to do some laps around VIR and finally put to rest, once and for all, the idea that IRS would make the Mustang faster.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Throatwarbler posted:

I was going to quote your post and say "Not with an IRS, but a log" but gently caress.

Is that a next gen mule?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah... ok, it gets IRS now... but it can't put that to good use without flappy paddle shifters and a DSG.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Wont be the same if the rear end end doesn't pop up over every bump. :(

Yet somehow, I am irrationally excited for the IRS!

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
Totally putting one into my 2008.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

frozenphil posted:

Doesn't matter much as there is still enough room for the IRS so it's doubtful an SLA won't fit; solid axles don't need as much room as an IRS.
Actually, wouldn't an IRS setup take up less room, considering you don't need to worry about the rear diff bouncing all over the place unlike with a live axle setup?

The Control Blade setup the Falcon has, which looks very much like what that Mustang mule is using, is a very compact setup for a large RWD car.

Road_Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

You Am I posted:

The Control Blade setup the Falcon has, which looks very much like what that Mustang mule is using, is a very compact setup for a large RWD car.

Control Blade is a cheap arse IRS unit adapted from a bum-dragger at the last minute for the BA Falcon because Phil Martens and Ford Australia couldnt agree on the mounting arrangement, amongst other things. It's penchant for making GBS threads carrier bushes and its stamped steel construction rules it out somewhat for Euro and US customers who won't really tolerate that sort of rubbish. The FG should have ditched it but because Detroit pulled the plug on the Global Rear Wheel Drive program, Ford AU had to go it alone and use the CB IRS due to lack of funds to develop another. The forged alloy double wishbone front suspension setup with virtual pivot is the only thing that made it through from the GRWD program. Or so I thought...

The IRS unit in that Mustang mule appears to be a revised version of the S197's IRS unit that never came. The parts are different, but the hardpoints and geometry are very, very similar. It's very purdy.

I'm told this Mustang mule also has a virtual pivot double wishbone front suspension with alloy wishbones...I wonder where they got that from...

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Fifty Three posted:

I like the subtle improvement of going with colored body trim around the bottom instead of all black.

http://i.imgur.com/lL1CJ.jpg

Also, the taillights are pretty much blacked out stock now

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I wonder what this means for the Boss and GT 500?

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

I knew it was inevitable but I still feel a little bit sad.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

wodin posted:

I knew it was inevitable but I still feel a little bit sad.

I'm with you, man. As long as it isn't difficult to swap in a proper rear I'm not too upset, though.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
I'm one of those Mustang owners who's pumped for an IRS. Honestly if the 2015 didn't have one I'd be looking at another car. I know it's irrational of me, but cars aren't exactly rational purchases anyways.

So a 2015 Mustang with evos concept-derived styling, some iteration of the Coyote, and an IRS gets me irrationally excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Mystery solved:

(Yes, it took me this long to actually crawl under.)