Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
You have a hilarious accent, chin up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

The Mutato posted:

19, and Australian, so drat straight I know how to drink.

Actually drink or those little bitch tinnies?

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

rejutka posted:

Actually drink or those little bitch tinnies?

I quite like spirits and craft beer, but if I'm going to party (or read affc) I'll knock myself out on the cheap poo poo and goon

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I'm so sorry, my Commonwealth-brother. I just default assume everyone else is a filthy Yankee pigdog. :(

Canada is basically america and you know it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

IRQ posted:

Canada is basically america and you know it.

Canada is an Arnold Palmer of Britain and America, with a little bit of French mixed in just because.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

IRQ posted:

Canada Alberta is basically america and you know it.

This is now a correct statement.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

This is now a correct statement.

As an american, I don't know where that is. Canada is just one big thing. Except newfoundland, I'll let you guys say that's something different.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Ice-Texas. We'll leave it at that. All the oil comes from the far northern part of it, but gets spilt across the rest.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Canada is that Alaskan place with French people, right?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Alaska is like way north of the Wall. Craster's Keep, say. And Canada is like the Gift; mostly empty, with everyone living in the south of it if at all. And America, well, America is that big country with the giant army which is constantly coming apart at the seams from internecine civil conflict. :colbert:

HERITAGE, NOT HATE

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
We've been over this. Dorne is Mexico because GRRM is lazy and a bad writer and wanted Antonio Banderas from Desperado to fight Gregor and then he filled in the rest with "oh yeah and there's lots of spicy peppers and everyone has mucha pasión".

The Dorne chapters are pretty much a telenovela.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That's how HBO should do post-ADWD seasons.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Dorne chapters are pretty much a telenovela.

Works for me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

That's how HBO should do post-ADWD seasons.

I'd love it if during the AFFC/ADWD seasons, whenever they cut to Dorne, it was suddenly shot in shaky, high-contrast VHS and everyone acted completely over the top.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

We've been over this. Dorne is Mexico because GRRM is lazy and a bad writer and wanted Antonio Banderas from Desperado to fight Gregor and then he filled in the rest with "oh yeah and there's lots of spicy peppers and everyone has mucha pasión".

The Dorne chapters are pretty much fantastic.

Agreed! I have to wonder how they're going to do Dorne. So long as they get Princess Bride dude for Oberyn we'll be alright.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I'd love it if during the AFFC/ADWD seasons, whenever they cut to Dorne, it was suddenly shot in shaky, high-contrast VHS and everyone acted completely over the top.

Remember the Apollo program? We can't do that sort of thing currently and by the time this happens we won't have VHS technology either. Maybe they can get a movie redux a la Dark Shadows. Depp can be Littlefinger, Carter can be Cersei.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Mandy Patinkin is really far too old to play Oberyn, by about two whole decades.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Azure_Horizon posted:

So long as they get Princess Bride dude for Oberyn we'll be alright.

How do you not remember the name of Inigo Montoya? That was like the most badass scene I had ever watched when I was like 12 and I remembered his name to this day.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mandy Patinkin is really far too old to play Oberyn, by about two whole decades.

Yeah but he still owns. Watch Homeland. I will murder anyone who doesn't watch Homeland. It is that good.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

IRQ posted:

Yeah but he still owns. Watch Homeland. I will murder anyone who doesn't watch Homeland. It is that good.

You usually have good tv show recommendations so I'll take a look at it, but goddamn the magic of the Military-Industrial Complex drama dies when you actually work for it and realize how loving boring it is which is why I didn't want to watch it when another friend of mine recommended it.

By the way, that's why I've been GRRM-bitching less lately. I have a new job working for the EXACT people whose morals I abhor the absolute most! (Yes, I'm a whore, but I need to pay my rent somehow, dammit!)

edit: VVVV This is true.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 10, 2012

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Contra Calculus posted:

(Yes, I'm a whore, but I need to pay my rent somehow, dammit!)

On the bright side, maybe if you work diligently enough you'll get to beat a co-worker to death with a dildo-scepter.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Contra Calculus posted:

You usually have good tv show recommendations so I'll take a look at it, but goddamn the magic of the Military-Industrial Complex drama dies when you actually work for it and realize how loving boring it is which is why I didn't want to watch it when another friend of mine recommended it.

By the way, that's why I've been GRRM-bitching less lately. I have a new job working for the EXACT people whose morals I abhor the absolute most! (Yes, I'm a whore, but I need to pay my rent somehow, dammit!)

It isn't a masturbatory fantasy about the military. It is a very, very good look at the psychological aspects of terrorism and counterterrorism. Claire Danes gives what I honestly think is the best performance I have ever seen in my entire life. If you have ever known anyone with a mental illness, it will absolutely floor you. She pulls it off in such a scarey accurate way.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Contra Calculus posted:

How do you not remember the name of Inigo Montoya? That was like the most badass scene I had ever watched when I was like 12 and I remembered his name to this day.

Actor's name, not character's name.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I find it easy to remember because Mandy isn't a name you see on a badass that often.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

I'd love it if during the AFFC/ADWD seasons, whenever they cute to Dorne, it was suddenly shot in washed-out colours and directed by Steven Soderbergh.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Did Show-Arya even get Needle back?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Sarkozymandias posted:

Did Show-Arya even get Needle back?

No, but she's not supposed to get it back until she and the Hound run into Polliver and co. on the way to the Saltpans.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Really? I could have sworn she got it back in the book from one of her contracts.

Totally need to reread the good books in the series.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Contracts? What?

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Dudes Jaqen Killed.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Oh yeah, I'm an idiot, sorry. Naw, she just the Tickler tickled off a battlement and Amory Lorch drop dead in front of Tywin. There were a few guards killed to let the kiddies out of Harrenhal, but I figured there would have been a touching reunion scene between Arya and Needle if one had been Polliver. We'll probably see him again soon enough.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
I'd love it if, during the AFFC/ADWD seasons, they cut Dorne.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

They're going to cut Dorne and Ros will replace Daario.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
No lie, that would make her character worth it.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

cheetah7071 posted:

Book seven will involve Zombie Robb as King in the North.

Oh that's rich!

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

If I'm right about Ros replacing Daario I want someone to buy me an Avatar: The Vast Chairbender. I feel good about this prediction.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Potooweet posted:

I'd love it if, during the AFFC/ADWD seasons, they cut Dorne.

This would be dumb.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Contra Calculus posted:

So you're like Solid Snake mixed with Marshall Erikson, then?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Azure_Horizon posted:

This would be dumb.

Dorne is really loving dumb in AFFC, it either needs to be cut or given some content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Dorne is really loving dumb in AFFC, it either needs to be cut or given some content.

They'll probably just Brienne up Arys Oakheart and have him kill a bunch of people to make the TV Watchers fall in love with him, and then we'll have some delicious tears. :pray: