Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

kiimo posted:

Check out these heads haha...

Is the front guy aiming the sniper rifle James loving Cromwell? Apart from Sean Bean I don't think that poster looks particularly photoshopped, just boring and bad.

But seriously, James Cromwell in an action movie? Dude's ancient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

HoldYourFire posted:

Holy gently caress Ving Rhames has the most ridiculous gun I've ever seen. It actually looks like an MG-42 with a load of crazy poo poo added to it.

"Hey, remember that one scene in The Expendables with the AA-12? Can we outdo that?"

"Like what, bigger explosions?"

"No, bigger gun" :clint:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Stare-Out posted:

Apart from Sean Bean I don't think that poster looks particularly photoshopped

Really? He's the only one who looks like an actual person and not a ghoulish facsimile of life.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

2 of the Fellowship, reuinted!

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Codependent Poster posted:

2 of the Fellowship, reuinted!

The Fellowship of Christian Slater and Ving Rhames was a hell of an outfit in its day.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

penismightier posted:

The Fellowship of Christian Slater and Ving Rhames was a hell of an outfit in its day.

The Fellowship of Quentin Tarantino won't return my calls anymore.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

HoldYourFire posted:

Holy gently caress Ving Rhames has the most ridiculous gun I've ever seen. It actually looks like an MG-42 with a load of crazy poo poo added to it.

Bwahahaha that thing really is ridiculous.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dominic must feel woefully inadequate standing next to Ving "I got my big loving gun" Rhames while he's just holding a revolver. At least Sean Bean has more than 6 shots.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I think that's what he's trying to tell us with his facial expression there. It just screams "I made some bad life choices".

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stare-Out posted:

But seriously, James Cromwell in an action movie? Dude's ancient.

Old dude playing the sniper makes me hope they're just copying The End from MGS3.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

drat, I had to look up if you guys were being facetious about James Cromwell being in this movie. I thought the guy looked like him but I didn't think was actually him until I looked up on his IMDB page.

Supposedly, the movie is about war tourism with "wealthy thrill-seekers pay huge premiums to have themselves inserted into military adventures, only this time things don't go exactly to plan."

Also not mentioned, Colm "DS9 O'Brien" Meaney.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sean Bean just looks like he's tired of this poo poo.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Vagabundo posted:

He knows what happens to Sean Bean characters in movies :(

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

Good thing he's only three days from retirement.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

kiimo posted:

Good thing he's only three days from retirement.

Just put a down payment on a boat too.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

HoldYourFire posted:

Eh...Not that impressive. I read comic books in the nineties.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Die Laughing posted:

Eh...Not that impressive. I read comic books in the nineties.

That's what comic book movies have been missing: Rob Liefeld concept art.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's what comic book movies have been missing: Rob Liefeld concept art.

Looks like its time to invest in fog and rocks.

Also comic book artists can create awesome concept art. Take a look at Jim Steranko stuff for some awesome examples.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Young Freud posted:

Also not mentioned, Colm "DS9 O'Brien" Meaney.

Colm Meaney randomly showing up in movies is my favorite thing ever. Under Siege, then The Rock. It's great.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Colm Meaney randomly showing up in movies is my favorite thing ever. Under Siege, then The Rock. It's great.

See also John C. McGinley

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

You mean Con Air? :colbert:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

HoldYourFire posted:

You mean Con Air? :colbert:

Same movie.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Going mental at Daniel Craig with the freezer in Layer Cake as well

Parachute
May 18, 2003

zenintrude posted:

Same movie.

I guess they're both awesome and both star Nicolas Cage, if that's what you mean!

Colm Meaney plays a perfect loud-mouthed, American rear end in a top hat.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Hey. Hey! HEY!! You remember "Inception"? Our movie is totally like "Inception"! "Inception"! Remember "Inception"? This is the new "Inception"! "INCEPTION"!

Uh, the printer hosed up again. Ah, hell, let's just send it out like this.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Robert Denby posted:

Ill say it hosed up, Christian doesnt have a gun. Literally everyone must have a gun!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Sean Bean looking like "What the gently caress am I holding? What is this thing?"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Spidey and his realdoll.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Stare-Out posted:

Spidey and his realdoll.

They're taking the 'ostracised nerd' to the next level. It's bold, I like it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Robert Denby posted:

Dominic really let his hair grow out for this role.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Robert Denby posted:

Hey. Hey! HEY!! You remember "Inception"? Our movie is totally like "Inception"! "Inception"! Remember "Inception"? This is the new "Inception"! "INCEPTION"!

I see they are now doing posters in dutch angles.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Robert Denby posted:

That actually looks like an interesting idea.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Robert Denby posted:

I don't really get 'Inception' from that poster but it does make me interested in it because I don't know what the gently caress is supposed to be going on there.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The colors and tagline are very similar.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I've seen that blue toned poster / red writing used a few times since Inception now. It's becoming the new teal / orange!

Seriously what is going on there? I actually can't figure out what those things erupting from the buildings are. There's a clown slug thing, a hooded (?) thing and a big exploding upside down rock face thing. Not to mention the bat moth.

Perhaps you can 'take back your mind' and decipher it by scanning the QR codes scattered throughout the image?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I hate how forced the QR code to the left of his leg looks. It's like the paper is twisting in the wind, but somehow the code remains undistorted.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Robert Denby posted:

The poster isn't great, but it did get me to watch the trailer, so score for them I guess.

I'm down for They Live 2, why not?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Noxville posted:

I don't really get 'Inception' from that poster but it does make me interested in it because I don't know what the gently caress is supposed to be going on there.
Blue-gray cloudy skies, distorted viewpoint, and the title in big red text were what went into the "Inception" posters:

I also think they were trying to go a bit for the look of this poster, too:

The trailer makes it look like "They Live" got a bigger budget, and it has some visuals that would seem at home in the third act of "Paprika." The movie doesn't look bad, but it's just that you'd think a smaller production outfit (Roadside Attractions) would try to make a more interesting poster.

EDIT: gently caress, beaten on the "They Live" connection.

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 14, 2012

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Robert Denby posted:

The trailer makes it look like "They Live" got a bigger budget, and it has some visuals that would seem at home in the third act of "Paprika."

This is *exactly* my take on it... could be decent if the acting is halfway competent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exree
Oct 7, 2000
Saw these on Facebook today. They're pretty much all off the hook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150951715457767&set=a.75224022766.73705.19777402766&type=1&theater