Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Conduit for Sale! posted:

unless you think talking like that automatically makes someone gay.

When the person in question is a character, yeah, I think it's a parody of a gay man. Does that make me a bad person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

When the person in question is a character, yeah, I think it's a parody of a gay man. Does that make me a bad person?

I kind of think it does a little bit, but I'm a nobody so who cares.

Also I edited so it wasn't as confrontational cuz that's not what I was going for. :shobon:

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Cacahuate posted:

By the way, CHUPA means "To suck"... CABRA means "goat". You put them together and "CAKEBOSS!"

Prove it! Show me the microfiche. (another great show. When Moynihan started reading Wikipedia for facts about Oliver Platt and read off his children and his character wasn't listed I about died.)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Ugh, guys, I have all these packages I need to send but I can't deal with going to the post office :mad:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

NotWearingPants posted:

I thought so too, but when I learned that Kroll is a non-flamboyant gay man I began thinking he had this reaction in mind with Fabrice.

Edit: Apparently that was just a rumor (unless Amy Poehler is secretly a man?).

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 3, 2013

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Kroll is gay? How bout that...

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Victorkm posted:

I just assume every male entertainer is gay. I'm not blind. My high school had a drama club.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Oh wow the 2010 Halloween episode was amazing. Thanks for the recommendation.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Holy gently caress, this Plugs song...

MG
Feb 13, 2001

My name is Pleasence and I am FUNKY!
Which episode had Andy Daly's limerick character? I can't find it on the earwolf site. I'm thinking Jason Mantzoukas was the other guest.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/introducing-rocky/

It also has Bill Carter Trainer of the Stars Seeking Stars.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

RandolphCarter posted:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/introducing-rocky/

It also has Bill Carter Trainer of the Stars Seeking Stars.

.org

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

.biz.gov

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo. I almost fell off my chair when Andy Daly passed the reading of "the perfect limerick" off to Jason.

There is so much great stuff in the CBB backlog, I will be entertained for weeks :allears:.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

"And it turns out Nicole Kidman and her children are dead."

That was the moment when I felt a genuine sense of anger at how loving talented Andy Daly is.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 21, 2012

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Even Scott is impressed at the end of the end of the episode.
"You think he can't pull a date and time out of his rear end when we couln't even get him with limericks?"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Victorkm posted:

Whoa. My mind is blown both by this fact and that my immediate reaction was "are you sure he's just not really Jewish?" as if that can somehow be mistaken for gay.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I thought kroll was married to a woman.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

He's not married cause that would have come up on his episode of You Made It Weird and for the same reason I'm pretty sure he's not openly gay cause if he were I'd have remembered that. I wonder where that came from. Although I guess either of those things could have changed in the past couple months since that interview.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Pretty sure Kroll is straight, I think they made jokes about him picking up tons of chicks on one episode

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Popelmon posted:

Holy poo poo. I almost fell off my chair when Andy Daly passed the reading of "the perfect limerick" off to Jason.

Yeah, this was great. "I've slept with you both …" "Despite your sacred oath"

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Why haven't I picked up this podcast earlier?
Every episode is great but the Jason Mantzoukas/Andy Daly (and the Jessica St. Clair) episodes are just pure gold.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

So, new episode up. I hate to be the guy to ask... who does Tony Clifton?

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Probably Zmuda if they billed him as Tony Clifton

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Victorkm posted:

Probably Zmuda if they billed him as Tony Clifton
Makes sense. I thought I had heard something about him giving it up a while ago.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Wow, this is actually a totally amazing episode

e: and lol at the reaction on the Earwolf message boards, people don't get it

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Blackula69 posted:

Wow, this is actually a totally amazing episode

The average podcast listener's knowledge of comedy starts at about 2002

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Ben Schwartz is a really good guest too, and one of the few who can turn What Am I Thinking into anything other than a 20-minute long panic attack. It was actually kind of sad that they dialed it back so much when Clifton came on. Not that he doesn't deserve it.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I'm 26 years old and I know who Tony Clifton is. There was even a movie about it!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Blackula69 posted:

There is a grand total of two people on the Earwolf message board who didn't get it/didn't know who Tony Clifton is.

I'm pretty bored with Zmuda living off Kaufman's corpse and telling the same loving stories over and over again.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Yeah but it was like 2 out of the first 5 people that commented.

I like the stories, but I've consciously avoided Tony Clifton until now because I found him tired and hacky. But the episode was great, maybe because of that

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Was this episode in the can for a bit or has Scott's "Bing it using google" goof really gotten CBB blacklisted from the Bing Blitz?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Blackula69 posted:

I'm 26 years old and I know who Tony Clifton is. There was even a movie about it!
I'm also 26 years old, but European, and have no idea who Tony Clifton is. Is there anything I need to know besides what Wikipedia alludes to, that he passes from different comedians?

e: vvvvvvvvv
Cool, thanks. I didn't mean to sound disrespectful, if that's how I came off, I just wanted to make sure I'll go into the episode knowing what I should :)

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 25, 2012

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I'm sure Man on the Moon is on Netflix Instant by now.

Tony is a character created by Bob Zmuda and Andy Kaufman. Zmuda kept it up for a while after Andy died, and now he's back.

It goes a lot deeper than that - he's so much more than just a character - but yeah, that's pretty much it

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Excellent plug song, it's the highlight of my week.

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Excellent plug song, it's the highlight of my week.

Thanks! Glad to hear someone actually liked it.

Also, not sure how I felt about the Clifton bits, though the phone call/voicemail bit made the episode worth it.

TheIndividual fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 25, 2012

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Blackula69 posted:

I'm sure Man on the Moon is on Netflix Instant by now.

Not, it's not. Netflix's instant streaming movie selection kind of sucks.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Had to waste Ben Schwarz on an episode I wouldn't listen to if you paid me. Tony Clifton? Really? What am I, 50 years old? That character sucked back when it was still relevant. No thanks.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Do you also hate Don Dimello?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

indigi posted:

Had to waste Ben Schwarz on an episode I wouldn't listen to if you paid me. Tony Clifton? Really? What am I, 50 years old? That character sucked back when it was still relevant. No thanks.
Psst... the first ~20 mins are just Scott and Ben.