Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

No one listens to the Todd shows so let's not pretend we know what goes on during them.

Hey now, that's not true. They're my preferred listening when I'm having trouble sleeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cardboard Box posted:

Hey now, that's not true. They're my preferred listening when I'm having trouble sleeping.

I can't fall asleep listening to a Todd show, I get too angry.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

"Coming up we've got Michael Chiesa for those of you who are UFC fans and for those of you who are... well, I'm not sure what kind of fan you'd have to be but we've got Matt Hardy"

Wonderful

That is going to be another $11 worthy show right there provided Matt is still in full on insanity mode.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is MMA related, but when Sean Wheelock called King Mo a prodigy because he was able to beat Travis Wiuff in his first fight, I guffawed at my desk so hard people were staring.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
On a recent show Dave brought up the possibility of Nash being the booker for Raw, saying it would be hilarious to have "The worst booker of all time writing for WWE. Well, maybe the worst booker of all time was Tommy Dreamer"

That made me laugh for some reason. Poor Tommy.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was going to as ask about that, what did Tommy do?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

LordPants posted:

I was going to as ask about that, what did Tommy do?

I know he was on the booking committee during his run in TNA which was really really bad at the time.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Dreamer was the booker in OVW for awhile and took one of the better wrestling shows around and turned it into the worst show in wrestling.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

jeffersonlives posted:

Dreamer was the booker in OVW for awhile and took one of the better wrestling shows around and turned it into the worst show in wrestling.

He was also part of ECW's booking committee towards the end, which doesn't speak highly of his abilities either.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

CombineThresher posted:

He was also part of ECW's booking committee towards the end, which doesn't speak highly of his abilities either.

Wait original ECW or WWECW?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Karmine posted:

Wait original ECW or WWECW?

Original, though he was, according to Lance Storm, a part of the committee for a long while. Raven and Lance generally disregarded his suggestions, and Tommy would pout.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Holy poo poo that Lance Storm drop was amazing. If you're not a subscriber I think this show was free so go listen. You can hear the Lance Storm "Hurts real good" drop at about the 23 minute mark.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So Bryan is going to hunt bigfoot eh?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Everyone here should listen to the Matt Hardy show, that was no way what I was expecting. Dude's mellowed out a lot, admits he was incredibly stupid after leaving WWE and has some decent stuff to say about how his career was starting out and what he was told.

Akileese posted:

So Bryan is going to hunt bigfoot eh?

He's going to die.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Today's Art of Wrestling has CM Punk and Colt swapping places and it rules.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Glitterbomber posted:

CM Punk interviews an indy guy while Colt mumbles in the background?

e: Forgot to post that the Larry Zbyszko interview was even better than Joe Park. I was stunned.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 21, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It is no joke, the Matt Hardy interview is great and a must listen.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Glitterbomber posted:

Yeah this one's pretty great. There's also a fun little cameo at the very end so when Punk's going through the plugs don't turn it off!

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners

Glitterbomber posted:

Adding my 2 cents that this a must listen, and I was hoping sometime Colt would tell his story on his podcast so this is doublely cool

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It's funny, a while back when they made the double announcement of the Punk WWE DVD and the new Wrestling Road Diaries, I thought to myself, this show would be even better if Punk was a co-host. Lord knows he'd have the time once he retires, which Punk has hinted on twitter will happen soon rather than later.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Glitterbomber posted:

My favorite part of this was Punk imitating Colt in the opening. :allears:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Alright I might have to listen to AoW for Punk.

Do WWE guys do many podcast appearances? I know there's a show done in the UK for the Sun I think, that has WWE and TNA guests a lot.

Obviously it's not WWE's MO, but I think it would be a good thing for them to let guys do podcast appearances and stuff, let them tell their story.

I know that, for example, I didn't give a poo poo about Chris Masters before I heard an interview with him and he was a pretty cool guy.

Hell, if WWE wants to be into social media that bad, they could have Matthews host his own interview podcast or something.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Do WWE guys do many podcast appearances? I know there's a show done in the UK for the Sun I think, that has WWE and TNA guests a lot.

Obviously it's not WWE's MO, but I think it would be a good thing for them to let guys do podcast appearances and stuff, let them tell their story.

I know that, for example, I didn't give a poo poo about Chris Masters before I heard an interview with him and he was a pretty cool guy.

Hell, if WWE wants to be into social media that bad, they could have Matthews host his own interview podcast or something.

The LAW used to get WWF/E guys all the time (Trish even co-hosted the show for a time, but I'm not sure if it was while she was active) and they still do get them every now and then. I think this week they have Perry Saturn on though, which should be interesting since he kind of cut himself off from society for a while.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I think TNA are more open to it as a way of trying to build loyalty by making their guys accessible. WWE has the mentality of not wanting guys to do media that's 'beneath' them because they think it'll diminish their star power or something. I'm actually stunned that Punk's not been called out for appearing on AOW in any capacity, even if it is just 'he's in the apartment when Colt's recording'.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I think TNA are more open to it as a way of trying to build loyalty by making their guys accessible. WWE has the mentality of not wanting guys to do media that's 'beneath' them because they think it'll diminish their star power or something. I'm actually stunned that Punk's not been called out for appearing on AOW in any capacity, even if it is just 'he's in the apartment when Colt's recording'.

Punk gets all sorts of liberties to do whatever. If Vince told him it was either hanging with Colt or getting fahhhhhhr, Punk would probably walk out of pure spite.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Punk gets all sorts of liberties to do whatever. If Vince told him it was either hanging with Colt or getting fahhhhhhr, Punk would probably walk out of pure spite.

Yeah I think guys (who are stars) who have a "gently caress you I don't need this anyway" attitude can get a lot of leeway with Vince.

They can get a lot of leeway until the day they don't, anyway.

I have the feeling guys who just cave to Vince's every whim would get no respect.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I think guys (who are stars) who have a "gently caress you I don't need this anyway" attitude can get a lot of leeway with Vince.

They can get a lot of leeway until the day they don't, anyway.

I have the feeling guys who just cave to Vince's every whim would get no respect.

That's basically what I got from Jericho's second book. If you give it back to Vince as good as you get, and pretty much just say 'gently caress you I'm not doing that' he seems to hold you in higher esteem.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Keep in mind Colt has had a bunch of current WWE guys on the Art of Wrestling.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

triplexpac posted:

Meltzer mentioned that Vince was a whole lot more open/willing to have talent do stuff during the Monday Night Wars, but not before or after. Seems like WWE will condone it if only it has something huge to gain from it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
John Cena and CM Punk marking out for Jerry Lawler having a match with Matt Classic is loving fantastic.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

We give Matt Hardy a lot of poo poo in these boards for being a crazy rear end in a top hat, but it's nice to see he appears to have turned his life around.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Akileese posted:

We give Matt Hardy a lot of poo poo in these boards for being a crazy rear end in a top hat, but it's nice to see he appears to have turned his life around.

Yeah, at least we'll always have the Dave rant about how Matt shouldn't have been allowed on twitter. Classic.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Punk interviewing Colt basically was just the two of them talking with Punk tossing a question in once in a while... which totally worked. But even then.... Mr 1859 > 2100

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PaybackJack posted:

Yeah, at least we'll always have the Dave rant about how Matt shouldn't have been allowed on twitter. Classic.

I like to think is what caused Matt to look at himself and fix things. "Even Dave Meltzer is making fun of me?"

He may just be saying things he doesn't mean, but he seemed lucid and had a lot of interesting things to say about the business, so in the very least it looks like he's actually clear headed now, which is good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

I like to think is what caused Matt to look at himself and fix things. "Even Dave Meltzer is making fun of me?"

He may just be saying things he doesn't mean, but he seemed lucid and had a lot of interesting things to say about the business, so in the very least it looks like he's actually clear headed now, which is good.

I think Jeff's always a little out there, but when sober, Matt's actually about as sane and sensible as anyone who's never done anything but be a wrestler can be.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Oh my god Zbysko compared Obama to Hitler

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

triplexpac posted:

Oh my god Zbysko compared Obama to Hitler

He must be getting a huge kick out of all the gimmicks the righties have given obama

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

"But I wanna be on twitter"...

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRayPer posted:

Scott Hall is the same way when he's sober. Problem is, he can't ever stay that way. Hopefully Matt can, for his own sake.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Arbite posted:

"But I wanna be on twitter"...
"No, you're an idiot!"

CombineThresher posted:

Scott Hall is the same way when he's sober. Problem is, he can't ever stay that way. Hopefully Matt can, for his own sake.
I'm actually worried about Matt doing those Extreme Rising shows...all those broken people....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Huh Punk went to the Pirates Twins game this week? Awesome.

• Locked thread