Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I really liked the episode. I was kind of worried that it wouldn't roll well, but I liked the character from a past era of comedy with racist and hackey type jokes. It was a great listen and flew by for me which is weird because I was thinking "This is going to be totally lovely." Their reaction to when he used the N word was pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

indigi posted:

Had to waste Ben Schwarz on an episode I wouldn't listen to if you paid me. Tony Clifton? Really? What am I, 50 years old? That character sucked back when it was still relevant. No thanks.

If you were around when Tony Clifton was relevant then, yeah, you probably are around 50?

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Looks like our favorite former Governor of Minnesota has branched out to Al Jazeera: http://youtu.be/Bwreyjr3Hr4?t=2m48s

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Also the episode is really funny so you're missing out for no reason.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Blackula69 posted:

Also the episode is really funny so you're missing out for no reason.
Seconded. I really don't like Clifton but Ben played off of him very well.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

Lugaloco posted:

Looks like our favorite former Governor of Minnesota has branched out to Al Jazeera: http://youtu.be/Bwreyjr3Hr4?t=2m48s

I was briefly hoping that somehow James Adomian had managed to sneak onto a cable news show and actually pass himself off as Ventura.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Lugaloco posted:

There are a lot of characters on CBB that I know are real people, but that I've never heard speak before, like Huell Howser or Cake Boss. Ventura was one of them. Holy hell does Adomian have him down well.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

WoG posted:

Psst... the first ~20 mins are just Scott and Ben.
The phone call to Wyclef Jean had me cracking up as I walked past a crowded outdoor cafe.

emgeejay fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 26, 2012

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

SpacePig posted:

There are a lot of characters on CBB that I know are real people, but that I've never heard speak before, like Huell Howser or Cake Boss. Ventura was one of them. Holy hell does Adomian have him down well.

This post means there is someone in the world who has not seen Predator. This makes me sad.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Predator is a great film and has one of the best scripts ever.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

Predator is a great film and has one of the best scripts ever.

You seen that movie? You seen that movie what is called Pray-dator?

Wait, wrong podcast.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

will you be a vessel

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

when's mom coming home

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
What these guys are saying is if you like CBB and want to listen to another podcast, go check out Superego. CBB is still my favorite thanks to being weekly rather than monthly and the amazing highs it can reach, but to me Superego is the most consistently great podcast out there.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Greggy posted:

What these guys are saying is if you like CBB and want to listen to another podcast, go check out Superego. CBB is still my favorite thanks to being weekly rather than monthly and the amazing highs it can reach, but to me Superego is the most consistently great podcast out there.

Agreed. Anything that gives us more PFT and Patton Oswalt is awesome.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Just bought tickets to their SF Sketchfest show featuring James Adomian and PFT. Anyone else in the area going?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I wish they were coming anywhere in Michigan :( I considered the Chicago show but it would be such a pain in the neck I decided against it. I can't really blame them, but it would have been really convenient for me!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I was gonna go to the Philly show, but I'll be down the shore that day. I'll be going to a PFT show that weekend, though.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Just listened to this week's episode and I really feel it's fantastic. There were some genuinely funny moments, and hearing Kaufman stories is always interesting to me. I'm really glad I listened to this, but I wish I had listened yesterday.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

bobservo posted:

Just bought tickets to their SF Sketchfest show featuring James Adomian and PFT. Anyone else in the area going?

I wish. I'm going in Portland. I just want to chime in and say that James Adomian's stand up is mighty strong. You're in for a treat.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

TheIndividual posted:

Thanks! Glad to hear someone actually liked it.

Also, not sure how I felt about the Clifton bits, though the phone call/voicemail bit made the episode worth it.

I was hoping Ben would tell Scott that he found that sound he was looking for and then bust out Wipeout.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Yeah, was hoping it'd be coming to Michigan too. Their tour schedule is really weird. They're starting out at San Diego, then going to the midwest for two shows, going back to the west coast, heading to the east coast for a bunch of dates, then ending up in vancouver, all in just two weeks. Doesn't make much sense.

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009
So I'm flying down from Ottawa with 2 bros to see the Boston live show. Any other RGD goons going to be there? We're spending Saturday and Sunday just bumming around Boston so wouldn't mind meeting some locals.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
If they could announce the Vancouver location and put tickets up for sale that would be just swell. My wife is due on August 20th and the show's on the 11th. That would be awesome if she gave birth and Andy Daly had to deliver it. Truly something for daddy.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I'm ticked that they're not doing a live show at JFL Montreal.

sup Ottawa buddy

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Hey Ottawa buddies! I am also bummed about no JFL CBB, very jealous of the Boston goers.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

PFT is doing a series of Montreal shows featuring different people each night so that's pretty cool. Also they're doing a live Sklarboro Country

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
No Comedy Bang Bang appearances in South East China? Boo, there's a huge following over here in my house.

dictionar.com
Jul 17, 2005

VERISIGN IS A BAD COMPANY
Vancouver info is up now, it's going to be the Biltmore. I wonder if any of the regulars will actually make the trip up one day after a Philly show. Thought Aukerman mentioned Reggie was opening, too, but again can't see him flying in for one show.

It could be a good show for local talent exposure but it would be nice to see some of that CBB chemistry live. Does anyone notable have coinciding dates?

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009
Harris was briefly listed on the JFL website before the update. Not sure if he's still there but I pretty much poo poo my pants when I saw that.

Ottawa Bang! Bang!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Kings Gold posted:

Vancouver info is up now, it's going to be the Biltmore. I wonder if any of the regulars will actually make the trip up one day after a Philly show. Thought Aukerman mentioned Reggie was opening, too, but again can't see him flying in for one show.

It could be a good show for local talent exposure but it would be nice to see some of that CBB chemistry live. Does anyone notable have coinciding dates?

yessssssssssssss tickets bought

Sonictic
Sep 11, 2003

marquise bossyfangs mcsekret
Just learned how to make a .gif and practiced on tonight's CCBtv episode. That thread is dead so hey I'll post it here.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Sonictic posted:

That thread is dead

:(

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Sonictic posted:

Just learned how to make a .gif and practiced on tonight's CCBtv episode. That thread is dead so hey I'll post it here.

Well maybe you should've posted it there to try and revive it, silly!

e: That said, it's very well done, and actually pretty impressive how well it loops.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 30, 2012

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Going into this epsiode having not really having idea who anyone on the list was, I found this week's to be pretty entertaining. Amy Phillips needs to work on some more interesting, or at least distinct (her Liza Minelli was great), characters, but she was pretty good for the most part. Andy was a hoot, and Loudoun's music was alright. Good episode overall.

Also, I managed to get two consecutive chatchphrases! I didn't even know that could happen!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I love me some outdated Kindler references. Seriously, I savor them like fine wine. Paltrow was a pretty shallow character but did ok but the interaction between the Choctaw and Kindler was fantastic.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Loudon Wainwright is totally amazing. Spend some time youtubing his stuff if you like wistful folk music. the Charlie Poole Project was great stuff.

also spend some time listening to his kids' songs about what an awful father he was, also great listening.

Flying-Chip
May 2, 2004

Oh my god, that loving Pepsi ad.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Pepsi, please just hand over some talking points and let the funny guys be funny. I didn't mind it the first time around but your try-hard wacky ad writer and voice actor failing to ape Michael Shannon really suck rear end after the -nth time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Haven't listened to this episode yet, is it a new Pepsi commercial? Or still the old one? That one was so bad I made a vow never to buy Pepsi again when I heard it for the third time.