Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

There is no way this is going to not rule.

I'm not usually a fan of super-cluttered posters like this one, but I like it a lot for some reason. Maybe the color scheme?
Awful tagline and I'm not a big Tarantino/Roth fan, but a film by RZA with Russell Crowe in it? Sign me the hell up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Babe Magnet posted:

I can think of one way~

But since it looks like he just pitched in on the screenplay, maybe not. I'm guardedly optimistic :shobon:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The poster is garishly awesome, but why is the screenplay by The RZA but it's directed by just RZA? Or is that just a joke?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
A rapper (RZA), a pro wrestler (Bautista), Lucy Liu, and Russell Crowe. I am optomistic this could be a fun movie.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Peanut President posted:

A rapper (RZA), a pro wrestler (Bautista), Lucy Liu, and Russell Crowe. I am optomistic this could be a fun movie.

Here's a still they released from the film today:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/U6X0v.jpg :nws:
For those who are squeemish it's a guy getting his eye punched out of his head, so if that sounds like something you can't handle, don't click that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
He punched that guy's eye out because he threatened to reveal the Wu Tang secret.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

What? Did that guy expect not to get his eyeball punched out? The man has iron fists.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm not usually a fan of super-cluttered posters like this one, but I like it a lot for some reason. Maybe the color scheme?

Oh my god YES.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Limited edition poster that will be given away at selected midnight IMAX screenings. I quite like it, actually.
Spider-man looks like he's holding the world's longest goddamned cane

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Reminds me of the Blu-ray covers.

That's not a good thing.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Babe Magnet posted:

As that chart showed, you never see purple on posters, so it really stands out.

Also, there's no way I won't love this movie.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

Leaked trailer HERE!.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Aaaah, that movie is going to be so loving fun. Cannot wait!

"Yo RZA, yo razor! Hit me with the major. The damage, my Clan understand it be flavor."

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I got excited till I saw Eli Roth's name. I want to believe this will be good but that guy is the cinematic equivalent of AIDS.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Handsome Dead posted:

I got excited till I saw Eli Roth's name. I want to believe this will be good but that guy is the cinematic equivalent of AIDS.

The Thanksgiving Grindhouse trailer was his best only work.

He was the only downside of Inglourious Basterds, though.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Bad photoshop time again!

I think that's David Duchovny on the left. Why is he leaning awkwardly? Why is his hand locked up? Did they erase a cane from his hand?

Also, the large version of this poster is terrifying, especially with the cast portraits:

Starring David Duchovny in "Half-Life 2"!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Everything about this is terrible. The shot of Duchovny at the top looks like they used a picture of him with a beard then photoshopped it out.
You're right about it looking like they erased a cane too, I think I can see the outline of it.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
How on God's green Earth did they manage to make Vera Farmiga look like Barbara Streisand? :psyduck:

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

Duchovny looks like a recreation of him in Sims 3.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Legitimately looks like a Robert Zemeckis CGI movie. :gonk:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Leaked trailer HERE!.
I can't be the only one feeling a bit let down, surely? That looks like it's going to be a hell of an action film, but a mediocre-at-best kung-fu film.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Peanut President posted:

Last time I thought this we ended up with Bunraku :/

"Woody Harrelson, Ron Perlman, and that one j-pop dude that looks like a chick in a kung-fu movie together? Sounds like it could be a good time!"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Farbtoner posted:

"Woody Harrelson, Ron Perlman, and that one j-pop dude that looks like a chick in a kung-fu movie together? Sounds like it could be a good time!"

Yeah but rap > J-Pop.

Also the Goats ad made me think one thing: "My name is Dave Duchovny, I'm in town on vacation."

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

People didn't like Bunraku? Well poo poo.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Tarintino 'presenting' a movie just means that he maybe liked the film and agreed to endorse it for a cut of the profits, right? In other words, he was in no way involved with the production of the movie.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

falz posted:

Tarintino 'presenting' a movie just means that he maybe liked the film and agreed to endorse it for a cut of the profits, right? In other words, he was in no way involved with the production of the movie.

Yeah, it's pretty much just a thing for movies he likes so they can get distributed in the US or just get more attention that they would otherwise.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

HoldYourFire posted:

People didn't like Bunraku? Well poo poo.

Bunraku was very long, I'll give it that.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Very long, also it had Soap MacTavish pretending to be from West Yorkshire.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

falz posted:

Right. He may have also ponied up some money to make sure the movie would get made. Tarantino and RZA are the biggest Kung Fu buffs around.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
There's a higher quality trailer for Man with the Iron Fists here: http://bcove.me/voz3htco

I like that Crowe brought a gun to a knife fight.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I think Bunraku may have had the biggest incongruence between how cool it thought it was and how cool it actually was of just about any movie I've ever seen.

The shadow puppet origami opening was pretty neat, I guess.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Farbtoner posted:

I rented Bunraku from Blockbuster one night at random because I liked the front cover and thought it was really cool. Then I went on the internet and found that general opinion was that it was a Bad Movie :( It did explain why I'd never heard of it before seeing the DVD, though.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
I can't be the only one to find this to be a bit on the horrific side?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

homerlaw posted:

Because of the horse in the suit? Bobcat looking like he just gazed upon all of eternity and went mad? That a guy got killed and his head mounted on his wall with the most neutral expression ever? Or that this is referred to as the funniest talking horse movie ever, meaning there could be more movies like this one?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is this a hilarious comedy where an employee accidentally kills his boss and has to have his pet talking horse fill in so that no one gets suspicious?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Funniest Talking Horse Movie Ever

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That poster is a goddamn nightmare.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

homerlaw posted:

I had a dream like this once then I woke up and I was dead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of interesting just how much young Bobcat Goldthwait looks so much like Charlie Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of interesting just how much young Bobcat Goldthwait looks so much like Charlie Day.

He stole Kurt Russell's hair.