Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??

Hahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Coneheads is now canon.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A Ridley Scott Film

~D~I~L~D~O~S~

Jasta posted:

I've always loved all the action happening on the cover of my copy of Guerrilla War.

I was going to say this looks like badass NES box art.

Sure enough, I scroll down and there's the stamp.

NES/SNES box art was the highest form of art.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

NES/SNES box art was the highest form of art.

Yeah honestly we could fill a whole thread with awesome poo poo like that so I don't think it's a tangent we should go on. I'll still leave this here though. :v:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Yeah, almost all of the fan made ones on here are really loving awful.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

I can't think of a much lamer tagline.

Aorist
Apr 25, 2006

Denham's does it!
I'm going to speculate that it's emulating the sparse, direct wording of painting titles, especially since the poster seems to be pulling from Friedrich's The Sea of Ice. Either way, I thought that was the title before I scrolled down, and for a few moments I was genuinely intrigued.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Robert Denby posted:

:psyduck: I was searching so long for the tagline since all I could see was "Alice in Wasteland" which I thought was the title since, you know, it's at the top in huge loving font while it turns out the title you can barely read and is shoved down in a corner.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So she can walk on water now?

Seriously, Resident Evil. You're 5 movies deep, now. Are you ever going to get around to making the game story? Because there's no relation at all anymore.

It's like the modern version of Italians doing "sequels" to American movies.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Seriously, Resident Evil. You're 5 movies deep, now. Are you ever going to get around to making the game story? Because there's no relation at all anymore.

It's like the modern version of Italians doing "sequels" to American movies.

She's actually walking on Ice, it seems.

Still, your point remains about the movies having nothing to do with the games. I just want a movie based on RE4 so bad.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

BARONS DEF CHARGER posted:

THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER. THAT GUN IS FIVE GUNS. THERE ARE 14 GUNS, TWO EXPLOSIONS AND TWO BURNING CARS.
According to the Wikipedia pages, "Equalizer 2000" is the weapon he's holding.

The VHS cover is even more awesome:

Baron Bifford fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 30, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Six! Six Guns!

Ah ah ah!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

So this is a film about a young Victorian couple decapitating old women, right?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

You know, I thought the gun out of Fireback was bad enough. I guess I was wrong...

If I remember the page on IMFDB, the One-Man Army Gun had an automatic rifle, a machine gun, a rocket launcher and a grenade launcher.

Edit: here's the actual movie poster.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Six! Six Guns!

Ah ah ah!

I am pretty sure there is a Colbert skit out there about guns having the right to have guns.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.

Seriously, Resident Evil. You're 5 movies deep, now. Are you ever going to get around to making the game story?

God I hope not, that would be boring as hell. Retribution might as well be subtitled Retcon Boogaloo since I saw most of the dead good guys from the last 4 movies alive and kicking in the trailer.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Sexually robust?

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Baron Bifford posted:

This alternate poster is even more awesome:

A film by Sigmund Freud.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

I want to see so many of these films. Not really actively watch them, but put them on during a Sunday afternoon while I do other things. All those guns and sure to be awful one liners would make for great background noise.

These are not crazy multi-guns, but lots of guns nonetheless. This was also one of my favourite movies as a kid and I still find it quite fun to watch.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Baron Bifford posted:

According to the Wikipedia pages, "Equalizer 2000" is the weapon he's holding.

This alternate poster is even more awesome:

Higher res VHS cover, linked for :nws: nips. Didn't notice the alternative title before.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Higher res VHS cover, linked for :nws: nips. Didn't notice the alternative title before.

Her body's not bad, but OH GOD her face. :catstare:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Noxville posted:

Sexually robust?

It's about the invention of the Vibrator, so I guess that makes sense.

Telling that to little old ladies who ask what the film is about is probably the best part of my theater getting that film. Our poster also has the decapitated woman at the bottom under the poster credits. It's kind of weird.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Robert Denby posted:

This is loving awesome, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Also, all the "boo hoo it's not like the games poo poo." What is this, 2002? It's pretty god drat obvious at this point that Anderson and co. have no intention at all of doing straight up adaptations of the games, they just like picking and choosing and then making huge, ridiculous action movies based off of them. By the way, in this earlier image they released for the movie, they were able to fit everything that is awesome about these movies in one, still image:

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

TheJoker138 posted:

By the way, in this earlier image they released for the movie, they were able to fit everything that is awesome about these movies in one, still image:

... Buckles?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Actually, a picture of a fresh, steaming turd would have sufficed.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Actually, a picture of a fresh, steaming turd would have sufficed.

If you got no enjoyment out of how ridiculously over the top Afterlife was, I have no idea what to even say. Is it a good movie? Will it win some awards? gently caress no, and everyone involved knows it. But it's fun as poo poo if you just embrace that it's nothing more than Anderson trying to make the craziest thing he can. It's like even he can't believe they're giving him all this money for these, so he's just gone completely mad. And the results are wonderfully stupid.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

If you want a film that sticks to the game's canon, watch Resident Evil: Degeneration. It's not terrible and there's a sequel coming out later this year.

Plus it stars Leon, my favourite RE character. :allears:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, the last RE movie was actually pretty fun. They got rid of the whole Alice is like a superhero thing and made her a lot better that way. It's got the characters from the games showing up now and being over the top, and it's just really stupid fun.

If you haven't seen the last one you should give it a try. If your complaints are it doesn't match the game, well that's fine, but it does have Wesker, Jill, and Chris show up pretty much acting like their RE5 selves. And apparently Leon will be in this next one.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
3 was the best.

There. I said it. :colbert:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

The best thing about that poster is that he is holding the gun with one hand. One freaking hand to hold the gun to end all guns.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
His massive erection is holding up the back end.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Jasta posted:

I want to see so many of these films. Not really actively watch them, but put them on during a Sunday afternoon while I do other things. All those guns and sure to be awful one liners would make for great background noise.

These are not crazy multi-guns, but lots of guns nonetheless. This was also one of my favourite movies as a kid and I still find it quite fun to watch.

That's some good mugging.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jasta posted:

If you want a film that sticks to the game's canon, watch Resident Evil: Degeneration. It's not terrible and there's a sequel coming out later this year.

Plus it stars Leon, my favourite RE character. :allears:

Actually, it's somehow more terrible than any live action Resident Evils, but check it out anyway because that's a feat.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

3 was the best.

There. I said it. :colbert:

This is the correct opinion about Resident Evil films. At the very least, the zombie Western stuff gives it something sorta-new to do. Plus Linden Ashby :allears:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
RE3 was just Russell "Highlander" Mulcahy going "alright, I wanna make an 80's action movie, but it's a western about a dangerous stranger leading a wagon train through injun territory, only it's Mad Max, and the Indians are zombies, and poo poo explodes and then there's boob."

And somehow, SOME loving HOW, lovely nerds didn't appreciate it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, the last RE movie was actually pretty fun. They got rid of the whole Alice is like a superhero thing and made her a lot better that way. It's got the characters from the games showing up now and being over the top, and it's just really stupid fun.

I thought it was kind of funny how obvious they were in the fact that they had no clue what to do with superpowered Alice so you got one scene with that and then its "you powers are gone and never coming back."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

I thought it was kind of funny how obvious they were in the fact that they had no clue what to do with superpowered Alice so you got one scene with that and then its "you powers are gone and never coming back."

They also killed off her entire clone army in the opening scene. I also find it hilarious that doing all this soft-retconning was Paul Andersons first move when he came back to directing, despite the fact that he was the one who came up with all that stuff in the first place. It's like he wasn't expecting to have to actually do anything with it, and then went "eh gently caress it, the clones all die, magic serum takes away her powers." And it did make the movie better for having done it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's probably less reining in the monster and more Techno-Jesus Matrix ripoff had gone way out of fashion.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Would somebody who has a great deal more free time than I do kindly Photoshop in the faces of the leads from the other film of this title and change the tagline to something about shooting cancer in the face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rahonavis posted:

Would somebody who has a great deal more free time than I do kindly Photoshop in the faces of the leads from the other film of this title and change the tagline to something about shooting cancer in the face?