Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Speaking of river pigs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfkFEuKZboQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tim Sabien was a "water pig", wasn't he?

And that video is great. Artie looks like he's having fun. :unsmith:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Hahaha, holy poo poo, him nearly coughing up a lung at the end of the titanic parody is hilarious.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

AxeManiac posted:

Just got a press release from the Nerdist Channel:

"Gary “Baba Booey” Dell’Abate – They Call Me Baba Booey host and Howard Stern show producer Gary Dell’Abate will also be making his San Diego Comic-Con International debut."

I'm attending as press, hopefully I can meet him and get a few minutes to do a quick interview, let me know if you guys have any unanswered questions!

Interview him in a Darth Nihilus mask please

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Interview him in a Darth Nihilus mask please

Or a Gammorean guard mask.
Or just ask him if his table is anywhere near Jackie's.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

I don't know. I get sad when I see stuff like this. To me he's floating just above Jackie territory these days.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

CrazyAss13 posted:

I don't know. I get sad when I see stuff like this. To me he's floating just above Jackie territory these days.

'cept he got 3 million to do his new radio show and Jackie is fighting with Riley Martin for more air time and a competing salary.

They are strange jokes and odd videos, but you can't hit a homer every time.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

'cept he got 3 million to do his new radio show and Jackie is fighting with Riley Martin for more air time and a competing salary.

They are strange jokes and odd videos, but you can't hit a homer every time.

What good is 3 million dollars when you've got two years before heart disease or heroin addiction kills you?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Manifest posted:

What good is 3 million dollars when you've got two years before heart disease or heroin addiction kills you?
At least it'll cover the forklift needed to lower him into his grave

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
There's a "Garage Sale" on the local radio station here in Saskatoon that my uncle listens to. Any time I'm over and hear it, I can't help but keep listening because I expect some rear end like Richard or Sal to call in to gently caress with the guy... it never happens :(. People swear then apologize sometimes but that's about as exciting as it gets.

Even the announcer sounds like Howard's zookeeper impression

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Godinster posted:

There's a "Garage Sale" on the local radio station here in Saskatoon that my uncle listens to. Any time I'm over and hear it, I can't help but keep listening because I expect some rear end like Richard or Sal to call in to gently caress with the guy... it never happens :(. People swear then apologize sometimes but that's about as exciting as it gets.

Even the announcer sounds like Howard's zookeeper impression

Sounds like you should call in as Ethel, and sell something that has Rusty's jizz stains on it.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Kragger99 posted:

Sounds like you should call in as Ethel, and sell something that has Rusty's jizz stains on it.

I would laugh within about half of a second.

Edit: Jesus loving Christ, I swear I just heard Underdog Lady call in. She sounded exactly the same. It probably wasn't but, man.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Call up and list all the things your grand son has for sale.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Artie had another weird episode last night. I honestly think he is just a manic depressive. Wouldn't that carry some of the same crazy tirades, traits and behaviors as drugs?

He went off on Dan and Nick pretty harshly.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Artie had another weird episode last night. I honestly think he is just a manic depressive. Wouldn't that carry some of the same crazy tirades, traits and behaviors as drugs?

When did this start (which hour, etc.)?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Very possibly. He has been through a lot lately, and on top of that if he has any health concerns he's not getting help for (diabetes), that could make the situation even worse.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Sand Monster posted:

When did this start (which hour, etc.)?

Within the first 10 minutes of the show starting. Unless it gets even uglier than what I'm listening to right now.
*edit* Holy poo poo Artie going off on Nick is freaking amazing.

mrfreeze fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 4, 2012

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Artie's already began shouting at Dan over financial issues and it would be extremely reminiscent of Teddy if Dan weren't a grown rear end man. First it was jokes about him robbing Artie by having him pay $2 a song for like 500+ that he bought on itunes and then there were some travel arrangements where Artie got upset over the way Dan booked things and he did the whole "I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU X" and Dan just went "I don't remember that!"

I can't wait to listen to this outburst, I haven't listened in about a week.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I don't think it's drugs, but then I'm not experienced with use enough to make that conjecture.

I thought Nick handled Artie's temper tantrum well, even if Nick's defending of JoePa is annoying and vile.

Then Artie had them play some long rear end clip. Dude was definitely out of his mind.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Man I want to listen to this drama but I kind of don't. I like Artie, to me he's the funniest person in the Stern universe but I have an extremely difficult time listening to him blow up at people.

With Howard it's always entertaining because you just know Howard is doing two things: trying to correct a problem and never have it happen again and also drag it out in a very precise way because it's great radio, which he knows.

Artie acts like such a drat child with zero skills in anger management skills so his arguments almost always turn really ugly and very mean spirited to the point where it's very distressing to listen to. Sometimes Artie will say things to friends/colleagues you can't ever take back, which is never the case with Howard. Or really any intelligent adult.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

AltronHGX posted:

Man I want to listen to this drama but I kind of don't. I like Artie, to me he's the funniest person in the Stern universe but I have an extremely difficult time listening to him blow up at people.

With Howard it's always entertaining because you just know Howard is doing two things: trying to correct a problem and never have it happen again and also drag it out in a very precise way because it's great radio, which he knows.

Artie acts like such a drat child with zero skills in anger management skills so his arguments almost always turn really ugly and very mean spirited to the point where it's very distressing to listen to. Sometimes Artie will say things to friends/colleagues you can't ever take back, which is never the case with Howard. Or really any intelligent adult.

That's pretty much what this tirade is.
He needed a fix, so he was taking it out on Dan.
gently caress Artie.

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007

Manifest posted:

That's pretty much what this tirade is.
He needed a fix, so he was taking it out on Dan.
gently caress Artie.

Artie attacking Dan is bad. Artie attacking Nick is good. Nick is a truly vile human being.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Artie really went full Teddy on Dan and it was totally unwarranted. The accusations about his iPod management, theft allegations, and even an upcoming trip to Europe made it the exact same fight.

He didn't lay off of him for the entire show. Dan ignored it but when Artie started on Nick in the second hour he backed off. Nick, while being a Dick Morris-ish sack of poo poo, did not take that crap.

I don't think it is drugs. I think it is his severe bi-polar disorder coupled with not being able to take drugs. A couple of shows ago he confessed that his medication will no longer hold off his decent into insanity.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

When you are a long time substance abuser, your brain rewires itself. The "reward system" in your brain changes and the only thing that will relax you is a drink or a line. Even after stopping it can take a year or two to fix itself.

Artie is really no different then anyone else I've seen during a binge or trying to be clean without support. You're depressed, angry, and miserable and in denial. His family isn't helping him either because they just enable him with food and acceptance of his behavior.

Sadly I think he'll crash and burn again, but this time he won't be able to come back.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Wait did Artie yell at somebody about an ipod again? He really needs to try getting a zune.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Wait did Artie yell at somebody about an ipod again? He really needs to try getting a zune.

Dan has been loading Artie's iPod/Pad with music for Artie. Artie started going off on Dan for wanting to be paid for having to buy a dvd to get a clip for Artie, and then some caller told Artie that Dan was loading the music onto his personal computer before syncing it with the iPod which sent Artie even further over the edge, as Dan now "owes him for half the music."

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Manifest posted:

Dan has been loading Artie's iPod/Pad with music for Artie. Artie started going off on Dan for wanting to be paid for having to buy a dvd to get a clip for Artie, and then some caller told Artie that Dan was loading the music onto his personal computer before syncing it with the iPod which sent Artie even further over the edge, as Dan now "owes him for half the music."

But isn't that how it works? Unless you buy from the iTunes website you have to rip to a laptop or something.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
At any point, did Artie scream "STOP ROBBING MY MONEY!"?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Bonzo posted:

But isn't that how it works? Unless you buy from the iTunes website you have to rip to a laptop or something.

Yeah, but I think Artie is pissed that Dan got some free music in the process of loading Artie's iPod. At least that's what I'm gathering from the comments. I have not heard the show yet.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

The way I heard things, he's pissed at Falato saying he wasn't paid for taking care of his music just like the Teddy situation. Right before a trip overseas again, too. The major difference is Artie doesn't go full 'red zone' on Dan.
It's right at the beginning of Tuesday's show, if you're into the saga of Artie Lange then just listen to it!

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Bonzo posted:

That's exactly how it works, but Artie is a retard who doesn't know this, so instead he just screams at his "friends."

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
A poster on Dawgsaloon that is a regular caller into the show was emailing back and forth with Dan on his personal account. I guess she stopped because he was trying to get free Yankees tickets out of her. Maybe Artie was right and Dan is just a cheap bastard.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

I'd take anything you read on dawg saloon with an enormous grain of salt.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Aside from how Artie reacts to things, Dan is a freeloading, name dropping, fake-italian, chicago bastard.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Holy poo poo how am I just now seeing this image?

He looks like the loving crypt keeper.

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001

FogHelmut posted:

Aside from how Artie reacts to things, Dan is a freeloading, name dropping, fake-italian, chicago bastard.

Artie is part German and Native-American, so Dan might be more Italian than him. Maybe Dan doesn't quote mob movies enough to qualify as a real Italian? I don't follow, but the name-dropping is indefensible.

You gotta at least give Dan props for letting Artie's constant ball-busting roll off his back. He's said a lot of stuff that would have set any normal person off many, many times.

Artie's drug addict paranoia is in full swing, and it really is identical to the Teddy situation right down to the anti-gay tirades and alleged money leeching.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Manifest posted:

I don't know why, but now I have this insatiable urge to see this picture of Howard photoshopped bald.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
SNL on Stern again next week? God drat wasnt that just on like 2 months ago? Great to see the show taking multiple weeks off at a time and not even trying to come up with different things as filler.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Manifest posted:

He turned into Don Knotts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Former Human posted:

He turned into Don Knotts.

Don Knotts wouldn't be caught dead in that shirt.