Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Mondo regular and variant Return of the King posters.

Pretty difficult to tell what the title is. RDTURN LOING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Yeah but goddamn those are beautiful.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Where's "Of The?" I can only spot "THE RETURN KING" which sounds like the lamest nickname ever for a Blockbuster patron.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

VoidBurger posted:

Where's "Of The?" I can only spot "THE RETURN KING" which sounds like the lamest nickname ever for a Blockbuster patron.

It's just to the right of the word "Return", but it's so stupidly stylized that it's nigh unreadable.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's just to the right of the word "Return", but it's so stupidly stylized that it's nigh unreadable.
Well, naturally, that's where I'm looking... but I can't make heads or tails out of it. I can sort of make out a ridiculously tiny "the", but there is no way my brain is recognizing the squiggle above it as "of." Does not compute.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I honestly don't think the posters is very good. The art itself is impressive but it could belong to any fantasy film and the text is drat near unreadable.

Here is an amazing poster by the same artist for True Grit which I feel works much better with his style. It could be bought as a regular poster as well as a wood etching.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Yeah, the art is nice, but I don't think I'll be seeing "IIhe ORD ♓ PINGS - CIhe RLTURN ♑ LOICT" in a hurry.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Paul Allen posted:

Dark Knight Rises IMAX poster. Looks better than the official one! But the perspective is weird.

That would be great without Batman in it.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I was looking through Roger Corman's filmography on IMDB and found this...

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zEqFoBiN9s

No words.

edit : also this.

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCi-5BJbYPc

And this...

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldPAGAodAWc

Man the 90s were not kind to Roger Corman.

um...

Spermanent Record fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 6, 2012

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009
Is that a banana?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

So what? Looks like a standard low-budget early-80s movie...

frozenpeas posted:

Youtube posted:

This is the trailer for the 1998 movie Future Fear starring Stacy Keach.

...oh.

---

[edit] Only tangentially related, but I'm a fan of Space Truckers, which I guess makes it harder for me to judge these things.

Loaded posted:

'Star Wars' meets 'Predator' meets 'Hook'

:v: OK!

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 6, 2012

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

frozenpeas posted:

I was looking through Roger Corman's filmography on IMDB and found this...

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zEqFoBiN9s

No words.

edit : also this.

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCi-5BJbYPc

And this...

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldPAGAodAWc

um...

That's probably the greenest poster I've ever seen.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

What the heck happened to Steven Dorff? He was getting to be a big deal in the late 90's and then, what?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

This seems incredibly ill-advised.

"Hey mom, here's another Leprechaun movie with Warwick Davis! Can we watch this next?"

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

What the heck happened to Steven Dorff? He was getting to be a big deal in the late 90's and then, what?

I'm kind of having difficulty remembering why. The only thing that comes to mind whenever I see his name is Blade, though I do remember him being a "name" at the time.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Between Blade and Felon, the only place I remember seeing him was in that Britney Spears video.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mister Chief posted:

I honestly don't think the posters is very good. The art itself is impressive but it could belong to any fantasy film and the text is drat near unreadable.

Here is an amazing poster by the same artist for True Grit which I feel works much better with his style. It could be bought as a regular poster as well as a wood etching.

The art is interesting but it's too difficult to read. A poster is something to be plastered on a billboard, so you want something that a pedestrian or motorist will instantly understand and respond to. When I first looked at this poster I first thought it was a movie about Ben Franklin, because it reminded me of this cartoon he drew:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Alhazred posted:

That's probably the greenest poster I've ever seen.

+

=

Is my guess.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
That's the sort of blunder I'd expect of a Chinese bootleg.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Stare-Out posted:

That would be great without Batman in it.
This poster manages to features Bats without him being to obstructive.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Baron Bifford posted:

It's probably just me, but it took me a while to realize that that was a broken window, instead of some sort of weird Bat-Lightning Field.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Baron Bifford posted:

That scene reminds me of playing Arkham City.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Batman ran through a plate glass window like a looney-toon. Just wait till he realizes there's nothing holding him up!

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Is it just me or have there been like 5 millions posters for new Batman so far? Wouldn't it be better to put out a few of their best posters rather than throw out every single idea they come up with?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Noxville posted:

Is it just me or have there been like 5 millions posters for new Batman so far? Wouldn't it be better to put out a few of their best posters rather than throw out every single idea they come up with?

Shotgun marketing?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Gotta keep those Tumblrs rebloggin'

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

He was in Immortals.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Mierenneuker posted:

Gotta keep those Tumblrs rebloggin' Tumblers

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

When my friends told me the Tumbler was coming to Atlanta I almost didn't go because I initially thought they were talking about some lovely event for Tumblr.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
What happened to Ashley Bell, jesus christ :gonk:

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Baron Bifford posted:

The art is interesting but it's too difficult to read. A poster is something to be plastered on a billboard, so you want something that a pedestrian or motorist will instantly understand and respond to.

So I can't hang posters on my wall? :(

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Attention Horse posted:

That photoshop job is laughable, but I really love the colour scheme of this poster. :)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Reminds me of a Killzone game.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Man, I cannot stop laughing at this image. Two scenarios play out in my head:

1) Dude's foolishly got his head stuck in the door and is crying hysterically for some reason, even though he can just open the door and slip out
2) Dude has just poked his head in on something he thought would be innocent, but turns out to be something hellishly horrific and is all like "HOLY gently caress :gonk:" like the infamous Italian Spider-Man gif

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
FYI, that's a fan poster.

Here's Comic-Con posters for "The Hobbit" and "Pacific Rim":

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

THE
HoBBIT

That poster is really pretty but that wizard looks dead. :ohdear:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Robert Denby posted:

FYI, that's a fan poster.

Here's Comic-Con posters for "The Hobbit" and "Pacific Rim":

So are the little guys supposed to be on the robot's shoulder?

*Edit* because it looks like a fuckup to me.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Attention Horse posted:

Everything about this is poo poo. The title is laughable, the tagline is even worse, and the photoshopping is just atrocious. Ugh. Not like it was something I was looking forward to anyway, but now I will actively avoid it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Improbable Lobster posted:

Not sure what you mean by "fuckup", but this is a "giant robots vs. giant monsters" movie and those are full-size adult humans. That should give you an idea as to the scale of this movie.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Improbable Lobster posted:

You think you'd be the first person to notice the people there, or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I hadn't paid any attention to Pacific Rim so I'm pretty pleasantly surprised to find out that it's a Guillermo Del Toro movie about giant robots and isn't about WWII like I assumed. Now I want to see it. Well done movie poster, you have done your job.