Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Cage posted:

I dont think thats floppy, thats just that roads in gta not being perfectly even like in forza. Youre hitting curbs and cars and running over sewer vents. They picked a terrible camera view for the hood cam though, Ill give you that. Its terrible to drive with that view.

You did pick the one car I dont drive very much, as I modded all my EFLC cars but only use vanilla cars in GTA4 so Im not the most experienced with the bullet but it looked pretty sharp.

I'm not talking about hitting the curbs, I'm talking about the body roll as you turn the car on level ground. No car should have a 15-20 degree list as you go around a corner. The Patriot drives like a drat monster truck.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

Also, the train mission is a lot easier after I found out that you can jump onto the train off one of those bridge ramp things and shoot the guys yourself.
That's possible? I always tried, but I guess I was just bad at jumping the motorcycle.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

It's funny, because I don't recall a single time while draving in GTAIV where I thought: "This is drat satisfying/fun". I remember torpedoing into other cars, being annoyed by some slugish cars, and hoping that there would be a really fun mission ahead.
Really, the more arcadey the controls and handling of the cars is, the better I'd like them in a GTA.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Zedicus Mann posted:

That's possible? I always tried, but I guess I was just bad at jumping the motorcycle.

Its possible but you have to be quick about it as the train goes under some light post things that will knock you off. Or you could go ahead and shoot the engineer, stopping the train (though that only works sometimes.) The first time I beat the mission I actually used the rocketman cheat to fly after the train and gun them down with an AK. There are a lot of ways to beat that mission, all of which are pretty hard and easy to gently caress up. Nowadays I have it down pretty pat when it comes to just beating it the way it was meant to be beaten, which is good enough for me.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Until the day I get a super fancy computer, I still play GTA IV off and on on my PS3. If any other goons want to rally up my PSN is HappyPantsDance. We can make happy times yes?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This darn thread made me return to one of my vanilla save files. I did the mission yesterday where you have a faggio chase with the guy who's "hating" on Florian. Goddamn that's fun. Why oh why did Vanilla not have a mission replay feature :(

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
Let me introduce myself, I'm a social disease.
Since I got sick of Max Payne 3 I decided to get EFLC. Is there anything I can do to increase my performance? (other than loving with the options and resolution)

So far, i've set my Nvidia settings for the game's pre-rendered frames to 1 which seems to have helped a good deal but i'm looking for a bit more. I know there have been some mods released but i'm not in the know. I know there were some key things I did when I had GTA IV that increased the performance a buttload but can't remember.

Also, i've got 8gbs of ram, is the game utilizing it? How do I make it utilize it?

LA attack
Apr 5, 2009

...But Awesome Takes Practice
It looks like GTA V might be shown at Gamescom. It's just speculation but there was a few seconds of footage from the GTA V trailer that was in a video promoting this years Gamescom. Take Two will be appearing there so there is a good chance Rockstar might be there as well.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's about time for another trailer, MP3 is on it's first DLC, makes sense.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I bought the GTA complete pack during the 2011 summer sale, and I'm still playing through GTA IV. I just discovered the multiplayer option and some really fun looking gametypes, only to find that loving nobody is playing.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Richard M Nixon posted:

I bought the GTA complete pack during the 2011 summer sale, and I'm still playing through GTA IV. I just discovered the multiplayer option and some really fun looking gametypes, only to find that loving nobody is playing.

Yeah the Xbox 360 multiplayer for it is a shitload more active.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

LA attack posted:

It looks like GTA V might be shown at Gamescom. It's just speculation but there was a few seconds of footage from the GTA V trailer that was in a video promoting this years Gamescom. Take Two will be appearing there so there is a good chance Rockstar might be there as well.

When is Gamescom happening?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Dave Mustard posted:

Since I got sick of Max Payne 3 I decided to get EFLC. Is there anything I can do to increase my performance? (other than loving with the options and resolution)

I know you said "other than changing game options" but just as an FYI Ive found that shadows and the draw/detail distance are the biggest performance killers.

Richard M Nixon posted:

Right now I see 12 games going on and this is a slow time of night. I recommend playing "Team Mafiya Work", theres usually a game going. 2 teams get the same mission at the same time and you fight each other for it.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

webmeister posted:

When is Gamescom happening?

Next month, though if it didn't show up at E3 I find it hard to believe it would show up at Gamescom.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
Let me introduce myself, I'm a social disease.

Cage posted:

I know you said "other than changing game options" but just as an FYI Ive found that shadows and the draw/detail distance are the biggest performance killers.

Hmm... well, I dropped shadows to low from high, I don't mind because the game feels so much more responsive, even though they do look really odd and ugly.

Does anyone know how to lower weapon prices? I'd like to reduce the price on molotovs so I can use them more often, they're kinda ridiculous at $500 a piece for a bottle of gas and a rag.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Now displayed on my car:

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I would certainly give you space :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Clamknuckle posted:

I can see how those would be problems. Now Supply Lines can just go gently caress itself really really hard.
Got to that yesterday and nailed it on my first try :smug:

Not looking forward to flying planes later though, or at least I hope they're a lot more stable in the air.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

My Lovely Horse posted:

Got to that yesterday and nailed it on my first try :smug:

Not looking forward to flying planes later though, or at least I hope they're a lot more stable in the air.

Went back after passing flying school and it was so much easier. Flying planes really does suck in this game tho.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I knew it was too good to last. Why teach players driving maneuvers like the P.I.T. and then make the next chase-down-a-car mission so the enemy cars can't be swayed from their path :argh:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

BrandonGK posted:

Next month, though if it didn't show up at E3 I find it hard to believe it would show up at Gamescom.

To be fair Rockstar pretty much never show up at E3 though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They don't have to, they can go to any magazine or website they want to and give them a cover story.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I dont get the secrecy, now that Max Payne 3 is out, they should start the GTA media juggernaut and get us hyped. Preferably in time before Blops 2 comes out.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Clamknuckle posted:

Went back after passing flying school and it was so much easier. Flying planes really does suck in this game tho.

Planes are fun when you're not in a mission, but they're a pain in the rear end if you need to do a mission with them. If your only experience with planes and helicopters is using them in missions, then yeah you're gonna hate them real fast.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Which version of Supply Lines? They eventually made that mission super easy.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

ElwoodCuse posted:

Which version of Supply Lines? They eventually made that mission super easy.

drat, I was feeling all impressed with myself for nailing it on the first attempt on my most recent (xbox classics version) playthrough. Which versions are easier?

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

marktheando posted:

drat, I was feeling all impressed with myself for nailing it on the first attempt on my most recent (xbox classics version) playthrough. Which versions are easier?

In the PS2 version, your fuel would deplete the entire time you were flying, but in the Xbox and PC versions they changed it so that it only depleted when you used the throttle, meaning you could conserve fuel by gliding.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

moms pubis posted:

In the PS2 version, your fuel would deplete the entire time you were flying, but in the Xbox and PC versions they changed it so that it only depleted when you used the throttle, meaning you could conserve fuel by gliding.

Man I thought I had just got better at the game since I played the PS2 version.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

GyverMac posted:

I dont get the secrecy, now that Max Payne 3 is out, they should start the GTA media juggernaut and get us hyped. Preferably in time before Blops 2 comes out.

They don't need to hype it at all. Why fix what ain't broken? They always been secretive about GTA. It works, and GTA sells like gangbusters all the time. I may not of liked GTA4 but it still sold pretty drat well.

edit: Nobody gets better at Supply Lines. Once you finish, you don't feel a sense of accomplishment.

You just want to say: gently caress you Zero.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
The lack of a release date is a bit weird. I wonder if they trying to avoid having a public delay like GTAIV, or if they're honestly lost in terms of when the best time to release it is.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Shindragon posted:

They don't need to hype it at all. Why fix what ain't broken? They always been secretive about GTA. It works, and GTA sells like gangbusters all the time. I may not of liked GTA4 but it still sold pretty drat well.

edit: Nobody gets better at Supply Lines. Once you finish, you don't feel a sense of accomplishment.

You just want to say: gently caress you Zero.

Managed to barely beat supply lines on the second attempt. Then the game froze and I had to do it again. (Although I didn't do it again until post-game). That level is just plain tedious and unfun. That goes double because flight controls are so strange on the keyboard.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Shindragon posted:

It seems very unlike its coming out this year anyway.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Avocados posted:

Managed to barely beat supply lines on the second attempt. Then the game froze and I had to do it again. (Although I didn't do it again until post-game). That level is just plain tedious and unfun. That goes double because flight controls are so strange on the keyboard.

Maybe I just got lucky but I beat Supply Lines easily, like with half a tank of fuel left. I was able to kill each courier on my first pass. This was on the PC version too.

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie
Every time I replay San Andreas it always takes me exactly three tries to beat Supply Lines. This is on the hard as gently caress original PS2 version, too. :smug:

It did give me trouble my first time through the game, though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The whole strand of Zero missions is easily the worst part of San Andreas.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Timeless Appeal posted:

The lack of a release date is a bit weird. I wonder if they trying to avoid having a public delay like GTAIV, or if they're honestly lost in terms of when the best time to release it is.

They'll release it whenever the hell they feel like releasing it. They would have internal targets, but given the success of their other games I don't think they'll be in any hurry.

I think there's still a minor chance we'll see a release this year, especially if they have a lot of stuff ready to go for Gamescom.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Avocados posted:

I played through all the GTA3 engine games on PS2 and I've since played through SA on PC with an Xbox controller that I used for all driving, flying and the Zero missions. Kept mouse and keyboard for shooting on foot. The flight school and Zero missions were much less difficult that way.

I kind of liked the Zero missions that came after Supply Lines.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Yeah the Zero mission with the vehicles on the miniature obstacle course was awesome

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

Much like anything David Cross does!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

UnknownMercenary posted:

Well they are their own little thing that doesn't hold anything back than more Zero missions, which makes them infinitely less bad than the driving and flying schools.

• Locked thread