Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

YggiDee posted:

Well, we haven't seen John and Jade in a while, and there was another rather pressing matter at the end of the last intermission. Let's not forget the terrible peril that Ms. Paint is in!

Nah, she's fine, we saw her back when DD put on the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Nah, she's fine, we saw her back when DD put on the ring.

Lord English will obviously end up marrying her and have a loving relationship. That is what gets him off, after all.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Oh poo poo! My notifier just pinged, [s] update is up.
e:...
:stonk: WHAT THE gently caress DIRK!? :stonk:
e2: oh god that volcano panel, I'm dying here guys
A second [s] page! The awesome continues!
e3: And with that I am slain. There is no more reason to go on.

Well now I really understand why Dave always felt overshadowed by his Bro. Dirk truly has his poo poo more together than anyone else has ever been capable of to pull that off with apparently zero planning whatsoever.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 9, 2012

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Dirk. What. Why?

:ohdear:

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

:sbahj: , that was one hell of an update!

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
Oh god he did that so Jake can wake him up on Derse didn't he. Holy poo poo. That was... not what I expected, wow.

Also hey Jake guess what Dirk just sent himself to you! :3:

EDIT: Oh my god AR you masterful troll.

EDIT: OK. Wow. Well worth the wait, this.

Torokasi fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 9, 2012

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Two [S] pages, at that. I like how much of the first one consists of Dirk rocketing around doing SWEET TRICKS on the rocketboard.

This series of pages comes perilously close to vindicating all the Alpha Kid poo poo but I'm still not convinced it was necessary to have spent quite so much time wallowing in Jake love rectangle bullshit.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
AAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGH! :supaburn:

OH MY loving GOD. :byodood:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh my making GBS threads gently caress. And this isn't even the end of act 6 flash. I sense awesome things in the coming weeks.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ah, so that's why I read this comic.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Ahaha, excellent. Roxy's grin came close to matching mine, there.

e: also, I figured from the title of the first flash that that'd be the song used (Unite Synchronization, from Volume 8). I love that track, it's just the perfect storm of a certain kind of cornball.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I stood their stupefied for like 3 minutes after the flash

Then I saw the ==> leading into the next flash. This update was crazy.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Torokasi posted:

EDIT: Oh my god AR you masterful troll.

I love that everyone else is just standing right behind Jake during that whole conversation about how everyone's dead.

e: I also love how Jake's thing with skulls etc. had some people speculating that he'd be decapitated at some point and then this is what happens instead.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 9, 2012

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Dirk, you beautiful, awesome, twisted motherfucker. :buddy:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

:stare: Hoooooooooooly poo poo.

And hey, here's a first. All four kids. At the same place. At the same time.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
:catstare:

Looks like Squarewave and Sawtooth got left behind at Roxy and Dirk's houses to finish the pre-entry sequence too.

There's also a lot of great avatar potential in these sequences.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Who would have thought a young boy kissing a severed head would be one of the best images ever?

And the second [s] has the best faces. Poor Roxy getting DOOF'd. She looked so sad.

loving Homestuck, man.

Popo fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 9, 2012

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Dirk is a loving stable time loop master, :sbahj:

edit: Interesting to note that Dave couldn't go through with killing himself to go god tier, but Dirk does so with far less hesitation

edit2: and it would be interesting to find out why the lantern exploded, given that Roxy's didn't, and Jane's presumably didn't

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 9, 2012

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

And don't anyone forget the brilliant douchebaggery of Lil' Hal. Oh jeegus I wonder how long Hussie has been waiting to spring that little gem on us.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
The opening sequence looks a lot like a eye with prominent veins.

e: Also what is the song? I know I should know this because I like it.

e x2 combo: Oh, right, Unite Synchronization. Fantastic song. Also the flash titles tell me.

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 9, 2012

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Triskelli posted:

And don't anyone forget the brilliant douchebaggery of Lil' Hal. Oh jeegus I wonder how long Hussie has been waiting to spring that little gem on us.

When AR-Dirk referred to Hal as the "protagonist" of an ancient movie, I laughed so drat hard.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

TheDemon posted:

Dirk is a loving stable time loop master, :sbahj:

That's a pretty elementary loop, all things considered. It just seemed more masterful because of the way everything he does is impossibly cool.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I know Dirk did all the hard work here, but the second flash solidified Roxy as the best character in my mind.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Coughing Hobo posted:

I know Dirk did all the hard work here, but the second flash solidified Roxy as the best character in my mind.

She's like Terezi in that she's just having a loving blast 90% of the time.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So besides the big happenings of this update, we learned that Meenah is the kind of person who will put off adjusting to the afterlife to give out high-fives to complete strangers if they are doing something cool.

But now, we have to worry about whether Squarewave will be able to complete Roxy's entry.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

creationist believer posted:

Red Miles, Black Inches, Yellow Yards... Green feet? Blue Leagues? Fuchsia furlongs?

Oh hey past-creationist believer semi-predicted something :v:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Okay, time to think now. What was with the firefly inside of the orange lamp? Especially significant in light of the presence of Serenity.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
I'm trememndously scared of where this Lil Hal thing is gonna go.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Bongo Bill posted:

Okay, time to think now. What was with the firefly inside of the orange lamp? Especially significant in light of the presence of Serenity.

Thinking about it, the firefly is the reason the lamp glowed even while Dirk was incapacitated/dead.

Still don't know the why of why it's inside, but that explains the faint glow mechanically.

Bongo Bill posted:

That's a pretty elementary loop, all things considered. It just seemed more masterful because of the way everything he does is impossibly cool.

It's a simple loop if you just look at the kiss -> bucket sequence, but keep in mind Dirk executes this while resurrecting Roxy and Jane who were in different universes, counting on Jake to resurrect himself (or else it wouldn't have worked), counting on the time capsule to exit him at the right time (if something else had been in there, he would have come out later) and without any time travel powers.

edit: And now all of them are going to end up in Jake's land, which should be interesting come Act 6 Act 4

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 9, 2012

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Loving the Red Dwarf bit.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It would have been funnier if Hussie had just left us with Dirk: Synchronize for a few hours, letting us wonder why in the holy mother of hell Dirk just lopped his own head off with a Sendificator.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

God drat, Dirk is the coolest motherfucker.

I adored Roxy's reactions to everything though. Best faces!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

You see? This is why we had to spend so much time with everyone mooning over Jake. This right here. Roxy and Jane standing behind dream Dirk and watching in uncomprehending horror as Jake makes out with waking Dirk's severed head, with a volcano erupting in the background. This is why I read Homestuck.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Fucky posted:

I'm trememndously scared of where this Lil Hal thing is gonna go.

"I can't let you do that," followed by drawing it out while we wait to see whether he goes for the obvious finisher, at which point the wait itself becomes the joke. Layers of irony.

The best possible outcome will be Dave turning the whole situation around.

I don't know why I used spoiler tags for any of that.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Okay. Yes. That. THAT... was AWESOME.

Odds on it being intermission time? Like, the very next update? All this excitement means it's about time to check in on Jade's GB2MMORPG progress. Think she's hit the level cap yet? :haw:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

loquacius posted:

Okay. Yes. That. THAT... was AWESOME.

Odds on it being intermission time? Like, the very next update? All this excitement means it's about time to check in on Jade's GB2MMORPG progress. Think she's hit the level cap yet? :haw:

According to the news post, we're looking at an even longer wait than the one preceding this one.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Close to zero - next up is another hiatus for SDCC (which will be about a week) and the actual end of act animation.

e: welp

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
- Kisses both girls and a guy.
- Does sweet rocketboard grinds.
- Makes stable time loops.
- Saves the fuckin' day.

Is there anything Dirk can't do? :allears:

btw,

VJeff posted:

Wake his dreamself up, corpsesmooch Jane while his real self wakes up, jumps through Roxy's pane that GCat dumped in his room, goes to Roxy's, corpsesmooches her.

Fuckin' called it. :smug:

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.
I was just looking up an appropriate clip when you beat me to it. Not sure how Red Dwarf watchers and Homestuck readers intersect - probably more here than on tumblr.

Come to think of it, the two references the Autoresponder makes are both addressed to a Dave - "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that", and "Everybody's dead, Dave".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

RandallODim posted:

For some reason, the mention that the Sendificator just barely fit Brobot's head makes me worry that Dirk is going to be decapitated and have his head send to places. And because of that I checked and realized that both Li'l Sebastian and Brobot have removed the heads from things. But that can't actually be a sign, right?

My god. It's full of stars.

creationist believer posted:

Oh hey past-creationist believer semi-predicted something :v:

High five, prediction buddy!

And this right here made my day while reading that.