Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
We have to wait at least two weeks; it won't air until the 24th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I could only imagine 2 possible methods. One is that hes basically doing a top rope tombstone with head in crotch. Or two, hes stuffing their head in his new bra.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I'm guessing it starts like a superbomb.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ditch posted:

Danshoku Dino has created a new super-finisher that combines his head-in-the-tights piledriver with Generico's turnbucke brainbuster.

I think we have our 2012 Move Of The Year, folks.
I was reading results and saw "Turnbuckle Danshoku Driver" and my brain knew what it was, but I just couldn't comprehend it.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Flameingblack posted:

I was reading results and saw "Turnbuckle Danshoku Driver" and my brain knew what it was, but I just couldn't comprehend it.

It's like someone turned off Dino's devil machine.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Pics of the move, at the bottom of this page. Not as cool as advertised:
http://www.miyatasan.com/~yagifau/2012/d120708-5.htm

----

To make the NOSAWA situation even more baffling, the person who tried to frame him was Takuya "guy with a billion gimmicks" Sugi.

-----

Also, NOAH has booked KENTA vs Marufuji for their Sumo Hall card, for those interested in such things.

edit: Yes, that Takuya Sugi.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 10, 2012

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

TAKUYA SUGI?!

The innovating flipping machine of the 2006 or 7's?!

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
IVP's Freebie this week is the rather timely Best of Bob Backlund

quote:

Bob Backlund vs. Dusty Rhodes - World Title (5/27/80)
Bob Backlund vs. Stan Hansen - World Title (9/30/80)
Bob Backlund vs. Tatsumi Fujinami - World Title(8/5/82)
Bob Backlund vs. Riki Choshu (9/7/82)

For those in the know, is it worth a go?

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8502?osCsid=d292702126c3427d56d914ff7b2dd7ae

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002

HulkaMatt posted:

TAKUYA SUGI?!

The innovating flipping machine of the 2006 or 7's?!

Seriously, after his one appearance in So-Cal for PWG, I haven't heard anything about him since. I guess now I know why. Indy Sleaze strikes again!

Fake Edit: Is Danshoku trying to become the next American Balloon? Everytime I see him he's gotten even fatter.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Are we sure it's not a work?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gordy posted:

Seriously, after his one appearance in So-Cal for PWG, I haven't heard anything about him since. I guess now I know why. Indy Sleaze strikes again!

Fake Edit: Is Danshoku trying to become the next American Balloon? Everytime I see him he's gotten even fatter.

it's incredibly hard to work out while wrestling when you have a herniated disc :(

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ditch posted:

To make the NOSAWA situation even more baffling, the person who tried to frame him was Takuya "guy with a billion gimmicks" Sugi.

Any further reading on this?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

dsriggs posted:

Are we sure it's not a work?
I believe that would triumph Inoki and Onita's goddamn bat-crazy booking ideas. Throwing NOSAWA in jail and hurting Io Shirai's image quite a bit for an angle? I kind of doubt it.

quote:

Dino use to be in decent shape, but could really move when he wanted to. He's ballooning out, but the gimmick he's got, it doesn't really seem to matter since he doesn't have to rely on wrestling an entire match very often.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Any further reading on this?

The source is BAHU, lord of all things indy online. He didn't say where it came from but it seems legit.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Flameingblack posted:

I believe that would triumph Inoki and Onita's goddamn bat-crazy booking ideas. Throwing NOSAWA in jail and hurting Io Shirai's image quite a bit for an angle? I kind of doubt it.

There is the whole "calling a press conference to confess" instead of "handing yourself in to police" thing that kinda bugs me.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ditch posted:

The source is BAHU, lord of all things indy online. He didn't say where it came from but it seems legit.

It's just so weird! I need more info!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

dsriggs posted:

There is the whole "calling a press conference to confess" instead of "handing yourself in to police" thing that kinda bugs me.
Things work differently in Japan. Shows of contrition/humility count for something.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Ditch posted:

Things work differently in Japan. Shows of contrition/humility count for something.

Isn't he also in AAA so he could be doing this from Mexico? I wonder what kind of beef makes you want to plant a good amount of weed on someone going into a country with borderline medieval drug laws.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Isn't he also in AAA so he could be doing this from Mexico? I wonder what kind of beef makes you want to plant a good amount of weed on someone going into a country with borderline medieval drug laws.
Just being NOSAWA is enough reason to have a grudge against him. I imagine he rubs just about everyone the wrong way.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Flameingblack posted:

Just being NOSAWA is enough reason to have a grudge against him. I imagine he rubs just about everyone the wrong way.

Seems to me like he rubs Io Shirai the right way :pervert:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
It was all part of his sinister plot to get a contract extension! http://superluchas.net/2012/07/10/sugi-san-confiesa-complot-en-contra-de-nosawa/#more-214744

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

:stare:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
He is truly what the Spanish call "El Terrible".

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If you don't have auto-translate on your browser, basically what it boils down to is this:

Sugi was offered a deal from an AAA representative to have his contract extended if he could frame NOSAWA (And possibly Shirai?) for drug possession on their way back to Japan, and have the feds involved with them.

In Japan, holding a press conference for an apology is a big deal, because it still means something over there, and it's a sign of humiliation, which sometimes is enough. Sony did a similar thing when the PS3 got hacked.

I guess he decided to come clean with it after feeling guilty. I still don't like NOSAWA though. But man Mexico, you're scary

:stare:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Every time something new comes out about this story it gets weirder and weirder. By next month we'll find out that this goes all the way up to the upper levels of the Mexican government and then a month after that the CIA/FBI/ATF will somehow be involved.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
They made a promise. They didn't hold up their end, I won't hold up mine. No dinero for you, AAA! :colbert:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Why would AAA want NOSAWA set up?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thauros posted:

Why would AAA want NOSAWA set up?

Maybe they hate him whole bunches.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Doesn't pissing off a lucha company in Mexico usually result in a gang of wrestlers beating the poo poo out of you or the cartels kidnapping you? Does NOSAWA have some kind of diplomatic immunity when he's outside of Japan? Could he be a secret agent? :aaa:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Bocc Kob posted:

Doesn't pissing off a lucha company in Mexico usually result in a gang of wrestlers beating the poo poo out of you or the cartels kidnapping you? Does NOSAWA have some kind of diplomatic immunity when he's outside of Japan? Could he be a secret agent? :aaa:
All those lucha movies were based on true events?!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkwdaVEAKIk

El Generico vs Kodaka TLC match from Union Pro.

Ole!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

apsouthern posted:

IVP's Freebie this week is the rather timely Best of Bob Backlund

For those in the know, is it worth a go?

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8502?osCsid=d292702126c3427d56d914ff7b2dd7ae

Is there a faster way to download these?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

For a DDL, that's very reasonable speed. These are DVD ISO's so it's going to take quite a while.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Great White Hope posted:

I use the DownThemAll extension for Firefox and that seems to work quite well

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if anyone has a lead on getting Union Pro shows let me know. I wanna see this Mio Shirai Ken Ohka thing with my own eyes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

if anyone has a lead on getting Union Pro shows let me know. I wanna see this Mio Shirai Ken Ohka thing with my own eyes.
It should be the Union show on 09/19/11. It's the match between Mio and Ohka, but what we're looking for is the clip before the match where Mio is torturing Ohka because of this Jigsaw looking character sending her tapes.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Like that thing when she rigged his nostrils to a pulley system with a bucket, then started putting bottles of water in it?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

Like that thing when she rigged his nostrils to a pulley system with a bucket, then started putting bottles of water in it?
Yeah, that's the same package I believe.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I'm pretty sure I saw it on YouTube before, but I can't find it now. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bocc Kob posted:

that's a fairly common thing in JAV. Japanese people are weird as hell.