Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Damnit, Cohaagen! You got what you wanted, give dees pepul AY-UH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I was also always a big fan of "consider that a divorce!" There's loads of good stuff in Total Recall.

Fake edit: "See you at the party, Richter!"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm quite partial to the prosthetic Arnie when he pulls the thingybob out of his nose.

Also the TWO WEEKS! woman.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Many, many years ago, during high school, I worked part time at an IMAX theater. I ended up quitting shortly after graduation. I told my boss ahead of time.

A coworker asked me when my last day was.

I had no choice but to start convulsing and shouting TWWWWOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEKS TWWWOOOOOO WEEEEEEEKS.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
SCLUUUUUUUUUE YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hope someone remembers to help Benny. Hey man, he's got five kids to feed.

SCREW YOU COFFEE!!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I really wish they didn't lost all the extra violent shots they had to cut.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Three new posters, two that are rather interesting and the third because it looks so poo poo.

This is a French documentary, no idea what it's about, but if I had to guess, probably to do with racial tensions involving the Muslim community in that country and incidents like the riots in 2005 (I think, there was another one the year after so I may be getting my years mixed up here) and the guy in Toulouse who shot a couple of paratroopers at an ATM and then shot up a Jewish school recently.

It's probably going to be some sort of Jurassic Park or Lost World knock-off, but as far as posters go, I think it's eye-catching and interesting.

And this one just looks like an overly shopped piece of poo poo.

Edit: added this because holy poo poo.

The latest great film in Australian cinema, following in the legacy of films like Picnic at Hanging Rock, Walkabout and The Proposition.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 13, 2012

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Vagabundo posted:

And this one just looks like an overly shopped piece of poo poo.

English Frank, G FrSH, Scorcher

there is no way this movie will be bad.

Vagabundo posted:

The latest great film in Australian cinema, following in the legacy of films like Picnic at Hanging Rock, Walkabout and The Proposition.

This on the other hand. Is this going to be about the special olympics? Because that is the vibe I am getting from it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

English Frank, G FrSH and Scorcher are my favourite Thespians.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If only that poster had Noel Clarke on it; it would have been the perfect Contemporary_British_Cinema.jpg.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Has the robot dog taken over Danny Dyer's position as "patron saint of poo poo British (Shittish?) cinema?"

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Now you mention it, besides for him being on a promo video for Haye vs. Chisora, I haven't seen Dyer on TV for ages. Last time I remember any of his films being in the cinema was Doghouse, co-starring Noel Clarke, so maybe that was where he passed the torch.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Handsome Dead posted:

Now you mention it, besides for him being on a promo video for Haye vs. Chisora, I haven't seen Dyer on TV for ages. Last time I remember any of his films being in the cinema was Doghouse, co-starring Noel Clarke, so maybe that was where he passed the torch.

Being from North America I don't know much about Dyer, but he sounds like a real reasonable gentleman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5h9ZPBuBEs

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What was the time period between that and crap like "I'm Danny Dyer and I believe in UFOs" or suggesting that knifing a woman's face is a reasonable thing to do once the relationship ends in a tabloid column?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Vagabundo posted:

It's probably going to be some sort of Jurassic Park or Lost World knock-off, but as far as posters go, I think it's eye-catching and interesting.

Whoa that is awesome. The dinosaur head is really well done.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I didn't even notice the dinosaur head until it was thumbnailed, and I thought it was good before.

That poster loving rules.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I guarantee you that's a found footage movie.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I honestly hope the movie is as good as the poster.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
"Found footage of an expedition into the Congo jungle where a team of explorers stumbles upon a colony of Dinosaurs."

I hope it's more adventure than horror.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I guarantee you that's a found footage movie.

Surprise!

http://youtu.be/4kYXf4mJ4hw

I don't know about you, but I frame all my home videos at a 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The only thing I'm interested in with that is who is supposed to have found the footage?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Handsome Dead posted:

The only thing I'm interested in with that is who is supposed to have found the footage?

It looks to me like Arrested Development/Parks and Rec/Modern Family where they're shot in the style like someone in the show is consciously filming it but without someone actually doing that, like they want to do a movie with the style of found footage but don't particularly care about it being found footage.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

An observer posted:

Does anyone have the image of batman and MJ standing at an angle to the ground?

Here you go.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

piratepilates posted:

It looks to me like Arrested Development/Parks and Rec/Modern Family where they're shot in the style like someone in the show is consciously filming it but without someone actually doing that, like they want to do a movie with the style of found footage but don't particularly care about it being found footage.

The trailer alone shows the characters handling, operating, and setting up the cameras multiple times.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

"Found footage of an expedition into the Congo jungle where a team of explorers stumbles upon a colony of Dinosaurs."

I hope it's more adventure than horror.

It looks like Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World but with handy-cameras.

I dig it.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Bugblatter posted:

The trailer alone shows the characters handling, operating, and setting up the cameras multiple times.

Yeah, but there are a few shots and pans that are just straight cinema.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Nice and simple.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Even though I haven't seen Dinosaur Project or Area 407 yet, I wholeheartedly welcome the burgeoning sub-subgenre of found amateur-cryptozoological dinosaur footage.

It represents the missing link between Peter Jackson's King Kong and Cloverfield.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vagabundo posted:

Apparently the Total Recall poster posted earlier wasn't an official one or something, I don't know.

This one just came up.

I actually quite like this one for its implications. Is everything in the movie inside Quaid, or not?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You jerks forgot the best Total Recall line:

I'll be home in time for corn flakes. :smug:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is Total Recall the one with "LOOK HUSE TALKEENG TONY"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

oldpainless posted:

I hope someone remembers to help Benny. Hey man, he's got five kids to feed.

Some of them got mouths too.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

Pingiivi posted:

Here you go.

Yesss, thank you. In return,

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

An observer posted:

Oh, come on Pegg/Frost/Wright, no The Winchester?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Young Freud posted:

Oh, come on Pegg/Frost/Wright, no The Winchester?

I imagine the names of the pubs foreshadow events in the movie, much as the speech in Shaun of the Dead did.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

An observer posted:

I love everything Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Edgar Wright do together, and I'm beyond excited for this movie, but...what does that poster mean? Is it just pub names?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I remember hearing that the movie's about a pubcrawl, so I imagine that's the route, with the titular pub being the final stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

I remember hearing that the movie's about a pubcrawl, so I imagine that's the route, with the titular pub being the final stop.

Well, Wright's been calling this the final "flavor" of the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy, in which the flavor of the Cornetto ice cream the main character buys signifies the theme of the film. In Shaun of the Dead, it was red strawberry, which emphasized the gore and color of blood. In Hot Fuzz, it was the original blue Cornetto, symbolizing the police. Here, it's going to be green mint-chocolate chip which signifies science fiction.