Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Anything special for us Voltron peeps? :(

Nope it's over. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Oh yes, and Castle Greskullman :psyduck:

That was such a piece of poo poo. The runners up that they showed looked really cool, especially in contrast.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Did they give any reason why the Voltron line isn't continuing? Did they address it at all?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

therealjon_ posted:

Nope it's over. :(

Ah well, only two more lions to go then I can finally assemble this monstrosity. Pidge just came in this week.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Goon posted:

Did they give any reason why the Voltron line isn't continuing? Did they address it at all?

No, they brushed it under the rug from my understanding.

The new TV show on Nicktoons apparently got worse and worse to the point where it was possibly worse than Johnny Test. Mattel was also hesitant to release the toys for the Voltron TV show in stores because of what happened to Thundercats. So the toys go unreleased except for the Lion Force club.

But at the end of the day you have a 2 foot tall Voltron, and can you ask of anything more? I mean it's the definitive version of Voltron, it's even better than the original toy in all ways possible with the only possible exception is that the original toy had metal parts.

I mean what else could they have done to continue Lion Force club without releasing garbage? You have super lovely 15 vehicle Voltron, craptastic 3 robot fighter voltron, really stupid stealth voltron from Voltron 3rd Dimension. They're not going to release 2 foot tall Space Beasts every month for you Voltron to fight because you can see with that MOTU Dragon(that was originally going to be 4 feet tall and it was stated in the subscription fine print) that they don't have the resources to do that.

Voltron was essentialy a horribly cut version of a super violent anime ment for children. Go-Lion was it's original name and every episode had gruesome deaths that were probably past Fist of the North Star levels. But they never wanted to introduce american audiances to Go-Lion or even retcon the Go-Lion lore so atleast the lore in Voltron makes sense.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 14, 2012

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What happened to Thundercats? I lost interest about 6(?) episodes in? Right after Panthro was introduced.

And you scared me for a moment thinking the club was done too.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Vintersorg posted:

What happened to Thundercats? I lost interest about 6(?) episodes in? Right after Panthro was introduced.

And you scared me for a moment thinking the club was done too.

Thundercats did not deliver on the toy sales and ratings. It didn't help that the toys put out by Namco/Bandai were crap(even the supposed adult collector figure lines).

The show wasn't a big season long epic arc like what people were originally lead to believe but really episodic adventures loosly tied together by brief references. It didn't degrade into terrible quality and for the most part was just really average, nothing amazing but nothing terrible either.

Cartoon Network moved Thundercats into the death slot after a few months.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The choices to make now, I want to get two MOTUC subs but $25 a figure now. Ouch.

Definitely in for one, and definitely not voting for Illumina.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I love how much of a final kick in the balls the last JLU 3 packs are. Finally a bunch of new demanded characters exclusively for collectors online, but here's 3 more Batmans just cause gently caress you.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

therealjon_ posted:

The choices to make now, I want to get two MOTUC subs but $25 a figure now. Ouch.

Definitely in for one, and definitely not voting for Illumina.

$18 for DC is pushing my limit, and I'm contemplating Watchmen at $25 since there's only six over a year, but the estimated cost for MOTUC is $505 before Matty's bullshit taxes and shipping (which probably bumps it closer to $700)? Holy crap. I guess you're getting 17 figures/vehicles/dragons/whatever, but drat that's a lot.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Who, or what, is Hit Monkey and is it really a BAF?

http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-12-marvel-legends-build-a-figure-pics-6135/

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Daniel Way vanity project from about 2 years ago, and JUST announced as High Moon Studios' (War For Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron) next project.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

This came in the mail today, and I've only been waiting about 20 years for it.

Morphball!

And she can even do the passive aggressive wave from the end of Prime 2

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 6, 2014

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Looking forward to ML Iron Fist and the Wally West Flash from Matty. Aside from those and the JLU Blue Beetle and Guy Gardner sets, I see a lot of cool new stuff that I have no need to purchase.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

ML Hit Monkey!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
http://thefwoosh.com/2012/07/sdcc-2012-ml-jean-grey-quick-pics

loving hell that's a good looking figure. Finally.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
I really like Play Arts Kai's Dark Knight Rises figure prototypes.

http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-12-square-enix-part-2-dc-play-arts-kai-6137/ - Pictures here, they're also apparently doing some Man of Steel stuff.

Like the rest of their work, while very articulated and detailed, they do have some anime style qualities to them. I think they look great though because it comes across as a blend of the realistic character design mixed with comic book style bodies. I'm hoping these are 10" scale like their Metal Gear figures.

Here's one snippet of one of the pictures from the link

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That DKR Batman is hilariously buff, and smug looking. Bane looks pretty cool though.

Also saw there was Mass Effect stuff, thought to myself "yeah but as long as there's only BlokeShep, I don't care so my wallet is saf- oh"

Welp, I guess they've got my number. And money.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sentinel Red posted:

That DKR Batman is hilariously buff, and smug looking. Bane looks pretty cool though.

Also saw there was Mass Effect stuff, thought to myself "yeah but as long as there's only BlokeShep, I don't care so my wallet is saf- oh"

Welp, I guess they've got my number. And money.
Wait, what company is making that Mass Effect figure? Because that's pretty nice.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Xenomrph posted:

Wait, what company is making that Mass Effect figure? Because that's pretty nice.

Also Play Arts Kai/Square-Enix

http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-12-friday-pics-for-square-enix-display-6136/

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oh god damnit, and they're doing a Tomb Raider figure AND a Dead Space 3 figure AND a Hitman figure? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. :rodimus:

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Will I actually be able to buy a femshep figure? Like, though their website and they'll be in stock? Because toy collecting is a frustrating goddamn hobby sometimes and I'm not paying a scalper on ebay a fortune they only made 100 of them or only k-marts in montana carry them or whatever dumb poo poo makes finding things I want impossible.

edit: Oh no there's a Tali too! Oh nooooooo!

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Well poo poo.. who wants the Tesseract?

The Avengers Assemble: Six-Disc Blu-Ray Collection - $140 from Amazon with Pre-Order

(Originally $220)

• Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
• The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
• Iron Man (Blu-ray)
• Bonus Disc - “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
• Exclusive Case with GLOWING TESSERACT (COSMIC CUBE)
• Exclusive Alternate Blu-Ray Cover Art
• Exclusive Casefiles

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
I really want that thing, but I know that I'm going to wind up disappointed in it when I find out the buttons don't do anything, or something else incredibly nerdy and picky.
Plus I don't even really have a blu-ray player.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Can you easily remove one Play Arts figure's piece and replace it with another?

Because I want to put Lara croft's head on the Halo Spartan's body and have her go on Space faring adventures with Fem Shep.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You just know that briefcase is going to be grey plastic and about 6 inches long or something. The Tesseract itself will be an inch square, and only lights up in the case (from which you can't remove it). Why yes, I've been burnt by this kind of tie-in before.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

The_Doctor posted:

You just know that briefcase is going to be grey plastic and about 6 inches long or something. The Tesseract itself will be an inch square, and only lights up in the case (from which you can't remove it). Why yes, I've been burnt by this kind of tie-in before.

For the life of me I can't figure out where the Blu-Rays GO though

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jet Ready Go posted:

For the life of me I can't figure out where the Blu-Rays GO though
There's a thread in Coupons & Deals talking about it, and a goon took some photos of the set at SDCC and posted about it.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Looks like it's the length of 3 of those disc cases, so probably about a foot and a half wide. Cube looks like it's about 4 inches wide. It's definitely smaller than full scale.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

There's a thread in Coupons & Deals talking about it, and a goon took some photos of the set at SDCC and posted about it.

Well holy poo poo.. this is a lot larger than I expected.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

That's loving tempting, and I don't even own a blu-ray player.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Looks like really cheap plastic...

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
It's tempting in the sense that, outside of the first Iron Man, I own zero of those movies. However, I also have less space in my house than I used to and I'm trying to increasingly buy more things digitally. Everything I currently read, books and comics, are digital and I've tried to start buying movies digitally since my giant boxes filled with DVDs are a space waster and they're worthless.

Hell, most of my figure collection is in storage boxes because of space issues, I just kind of rotate things in and out in a few different spots depending on what sort of kick I'm on.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The_Doctor posted:

Looks like really cheap plastic...

But the buttons on the number pad are functional. :ohdear:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

I remember back before Harry Potter 6 came out Barnes and Noble had a set of the first five books in this really nice, expensive, fake leather trunk. I remember wondering who on earth would buy that, when you know there's two more books coming out that won't fit in the case.
This is a lot like that, only more expensive and even if you take the Blu-Rays out and put them on your shelf it's still look bad because the cases have a striking visual design the new movies won't match.

Agreed. I have the Superman boxed set and 1, it doesn't fit in my dvd rack and 2, there will always be more films in a series eventually.

pouge
Nov 20, 2005

I <3 Cats.
Was there any word on when those Sideshow 1/6th scale DC figures were going to be going on sale? I really want that Harley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
SDCC stuff up on Hasbrotoyshop.com.

GI Joe and TF exclusives sold out. Star Wars and Shield Helicarrier still in stock.