Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I've only heard him talking about it during the normal wrestling/MMA shows and I kinda zone out as he marks out about bigfoot if that's what you're talking about. If it's a separate show then no, I haven't.

There have been several occasions on which he's said that it's almost impossible that Bigfoot exists given that humans have explored pretty much every inch of the area and found nothing. Being excited about that stuff doesn't mean you believe in it. I love reading about UFOs and Mason/Illuminati conspiracies, not because I believe in them but because I just love that sort of goofy poo poo. I know there's a 0% chance any of it's true but if someone bought me a UFO watching trip or a tour of suspected Illuminati sites I'd be as happy as a pig in poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The bigfoot thing always makes me laugh when people defend him when he says dumb poo poo. He's literally a grown man who marks for bigfoot and has paid real money to go on a hunt for it.

Someone will quote this most likely and say "Oh but he's just kidding around." No he's not. He can try to make it seem like it's jokey but I've heard the childish passion in his ridiculous bigfoot rants. This dude really wants to find one.
It's been said, but dude regularly makes fun of the people who go squatchin' on television and destroys their methods on the air. He's just a big Art Bell fan and loves the supernatural. I love the supernatural too and I don't really believe in any of it except maybe ghosts, but even then I don't think they're dead people. It's just fun to sit around and tell ghost stories and bigfoot stories and what-not. I'm loving SHOCKED that people who pull crap like, "BIGFOOT ISN'T REAL!" to Bryan don't realize how incredibly similar they are to the "YOU WATCH WRESTLING?! THAT poo poo IS FAKE!" people.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I don't know how anyone could listen to this week's Karl Stern F4D where they spend half the show cracking wise about what to do if Bryan met Sasquatch face to face (including putting a sleeper hold on it and dragging it back to civilisation) and still think he's a believer

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If you want a first-hand account of Destination X, listen to my podcast at about the 29 minute mark.

http://archive.org/details/SaturdayNightCurtainJerkersJuly142012-TradebackTheRymark

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bryan with another heel ref rant about mitb last night.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan is getting insufferable about UFC. More than usual.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

What'd he do now?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HulkaMatt posted:

What'd he do now?

He bitched for 15 minutes that UFC should have canceled the Calgary show so he could have Faber vs Barao.

Beasley
Sep 20, 2008

You better get ready to die.
We're doing our TrashCast thing tonight. I happen to know the guys are going to be talking about their most recent wrestling road-trip to Las Vegas. Both Eddie 'Too Hot To Handle' Randle and Ryan Kidd are a bit much to handle in public (especially Las Vegas). I've purposefully not listened to their stories to save it for the TrashCast. Find our stuff on TashCast on facebook or @TheTrashCast.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
"I'm very observant when it comes to the women" may be my new favorite Dave line.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jack Krauser posted:

"I'm very observant when it comes to the women" may be my new favorite Dave line.
I wonder if that has anything to do with his history with crazy chicks he alludes to every so often.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jack Krauser posted:

Well, it's not called the Observer for nothing.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Rusty.

Very rusty.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 17, 2012

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Two minutes in and I urge you, HulkaMatt, please merge the audio channels in whatever audio editing program you use. Having different voices through the right and left channels is hell, especially with headphones.

EDIT: Oh maybe I should've read your post better, it was KungFu Grip who did this. Well, KungFu Grip, merge the audio channels!

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jul 17, 2012

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

Two minutes in and I urge you, HulkaMatt, please merge the audio channels in whatever audio editing program you use. Having different voices through the right and left channels is hell, especially with headphones.

EDIT: Oh maybe I should've read your post better, it was KungFu Grip who did this. Well, KungFu Grip, merge the audio channels!

I second this. Also, normalize the volume if you can. Someone was REALLY loud while others were whisper quiet. Hard to listen to if I have to keep changing the volume myself.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I will never work in this town again. This is what happens when you make something like this at 3am with no prior experience on how to work things. :negative:

Blame Goog as he was supposed to edit this all last week.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 17, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Poor Meltzer.

He turned his love of wrestling into a career but can't go to Wrestlemania because of work.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

KungFu Grip posted:

Blame Goog as he was supposed to edit this all last week.

This is a true thing.

I merged the audio channels, did a little bit with the levels, and sent it off to HulkaMatt to be reuploaded. It's probably still going to be crappy because I was lazy with it, but at least it will come out of both speakers now.

I promise we'll do something better before the end of...oh, let's say August.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
So why is Dana mad at Dave now?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Dave drastically overstated the restrictiveness of the agreement between Zuffa and Showtime.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Chikara needs to put Meltzer's endorsement on their posters.

"You don't have to like it. It's not everyone's cup of tea. If you judge it based on traditional wrestling you're gonna not like it probably."

"It's entertainment and fun...if you're in the mood for it. I got no problem with it because it doesn't try to take itself seriously so you don't have to."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MassRayPer posted:

Dave drastically overstated the restrictiveness of the agreement between Zuffa and Showtime.

Meltzer sounded so upset over it too, poor guy

And yeah, Dave talking about Chikara is just so funny

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

As Dave put it, someone misquoted him with regards to what he said about the Strikeforce guys and their contracts with Showtime. I didn't get all of it, MMA talk on Observer Radio just fills my head with white noise. It's like watching Smackdown.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
More cat chat on the free B&V show! Yesssssss.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jack Krauser posted:

More cat chat on the free B&V show! Yesssssss.

Yep, fair warning for everyone. The wrestling talk on the new B&V doesn't start until about 20 minutes in.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

So no different than usual.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
20 minutes actually seems a bit quicker than usual

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Rusty.

Very rusty.

oh hey its back and still a bad podcast.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

KungFu Grip posted:

oh hey its back and still a bad podcast.

Yes but this time it's bad because we're bad, not because the technical quality is bad. I promise I will make better podcasts if I get the stupid job I interviewed for on Monday, okay?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

njsykora posted:

As Dave put it, someone misquoted him with regards to what he said about the Strikeforce guys and their contracts with Showtime. I didn't get all of it, MMA talk on Observer Radio just fills my head with white noise. It's like watching Smackdown.

I don't think he was misquoted this time, he admitted he got the nature of the Zuffa-Showtime contract badly wrong which is why he was so apologetic

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I don't think he was misquoted this time, he admitted he got the nature of the Zuffa-Showtime contract badly wrong which is why he was so apologetic
Dave needs a vacation...so he should go to Wrestlemania weekend next year and not think about MMA for a bit.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
If you don't like cat chat and goofy bullshit why would you even bother listening to Bryan and Vinny?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Karmine posted:

If you don't like cat chat and goofy bullshit why would you even bother listening to Bryan and Vinny?

well besides that, I do enjoy their reviews of old wrestling and UWF

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Karmine posted:

Back when I subscribed, cat chat got old to me, but I still mostly liked B&V. UWF was the best, but old reviews and stuff were also quite funny.

It's like granny segments, to me. They were funny, then they got old.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I thoroughly enjoy the cat chat, the most recent was the best one in a while. Runty sounds like a delightful animal.

Also Bryan's theory of CM Punk turning heel on Monday is something I really want.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 18, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It sorta makes sense, given that the original Summer of Punk had him initially turn heel by cutting a promo where he chastised the crowd and Ricky Steamboat for believing in him after he had been a heel for a long time. Interestingly, somebody made reference to this on twitter recently and Punk responded by saying wait and see.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

I thoroughly enjoy the cat chat, the most recent was the best one in a while. Runty sounds like a delightful animal.

Also Bryan's theory of CM Punk turning heel on Monday is something I really want.
It really is the best option for a big summer storyline.

Cena isn't turning.
Lesnar and Rock can't work enough dates to do a real arc.
Anybody lower on the roster would be booked poorly.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

RIP Bryan

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 18, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is what it will look like when we are forced to draft 12 year olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
He has Costco socks and is wearing them mismatched. Nothing makes me sperg harder.

• Locked thread