Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
I actually thought Icehouse #36 was really loving funny, but then again I was drunk. Maybe on the same level as the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Did anything ever come of that blowup a couple months ago where Joe was apparently hiring a new producer and Redban wasn't going to be on regularly anymore?

I know it was related to his issues with Duncan, who hasn't been on since except that one time without Redban (and the audio quality was so awful that I turned it off).

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sock The Great posted:

Did anything ever come of that blowup a couple months ago where Joe was apparently hiring a new producer and Redban wasn't going to be on regularly anymore?

Joe has since hired a new producer and is in the middle of setting up a second studio that will be as professional as can be in both the audio and visual department.

I think the new guy will handle the Redban duties there, but I'm not entirely sure. It hasn't really been discussed as far as I know.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Where was the Barnett episode recorded?

ChangoBat
Mar 5, 2006

goldblums eyes posted:

Where was the Barnett episode recorded?

It was in the small room of the ice house, Stage 2. They moved it because redban got shocked by the ice house's lovely wiring.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

His/her jiu-jitsu/kickboxing/boxing/wrestling/endurance/strength/dancing/joke delivery/hamburger making ability/cuntiness/steaks/slutiness/nutrition/genius/brain damage...

is on a WHOLE different LEVEL

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

His/her jiu-jitsu/kickboxing/boxing/wrestling/endurance/strength/dancing/joke delivery/hamburger making ability/cuntiness/steaks/slutiness/nutrition/genius/brain damage...

is on a WHOLE different LEVEL

He's the ________ human being I've ever met.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
POWERFUL ______ MAN

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

ziglol posted:

isolation tank
illegal to be in a position of authority without having experienced mushrooms.

Someone hasn't done mushrooms.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
There are some pretty cool upcoming guests on the podcast.

Roseanne Barr, Maynard James Keenan, Tommy Chong, and Victor Conte.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

-Atom- posted:

Man i bet that Maynard one is going to get weird. BJJ, mushrooms and UFOs!

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

-Atom- posted:

Joe just announced on twitter that Kevin Pereira is going to be on tonight.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Javes posted:

:woop: looks like I'll be dipping back in for this episode.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

I'm turning it off the second I hear him say agent provacteur.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's smarter, a chimp or a person with down's syndrome?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I like how Joe was watching that clam video thinking it was fake, and yet believes all the crazy poo poo that he does based off of nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1nrhJAX3I

video in question

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Used to check out the Rogan podcasts quite regularly, but due to other poo poo getting in the way they fell by the wayside and they did get kinda same-y with the already mentioned things and Rogan isn't as smart as he thinks he is, probably smarter than the meatheads who follow him, but that isn't saying much. But I will definitely check out the MJK podcast, I expect it to be really awkward. At least they both share an appreciation of stand-up comedy and BJJ.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I really don't know what to expect from MJK. Does Rogan even like Tool? I've literally never heard him talk about them or Maynard. I'm sure Redban has, but we all know how that'll go. "So like, what made you decided to start Tool, like, hanging out with Trent Reznor and stuff like that?"

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I had no idea Tool was still around.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Is the Maynard thing even confirmed? It looks like Joe deleted the tweets referring to it and the one Maynard made about it is kind of cryptic

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

bango skank posted:

What's smarter, a chimp or a person with down's syndrome?

I busted up laughing when he said that. Where does that rank on "The stupid things Joe Rogan has said" list?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Grant DaNasty posted:

I busted up laughing when he said that. Where does that rank on "The stupid things Joe Rogan has said" list?

Probably somewhere in the 700s~

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

Grant DaNasty posted:

What's worse is neither Kevin nor Redban mentioned anything. Strange.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
I fell asleep during the adam kokesh episode today. skip it.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
if the mjk episode is just them talking about bill hicks for 2 hour then im so ok with it

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Big Bob Pataki posted:

if the mjk episode is just them talking about bill hicks for 2 hour then im so ok with it

Maynard is big into BJJ so I'm guessing it'll be a mix of grapple chat, drugs, music, and Hicks.

I'm ok with this.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Rorobb posted:

Is the Maynard thing even confirmed? It looks like Joe deleted the tweets referring to it and the one Maynard made about it is kind of cryptic

Absolutely confirmed for July 27th.

Also I do remember Joe once saying all Tool songs sound alike, so I doubt he's a fan.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Cromulent posted:

I really don't know what to expect from MJK. Does Rogan even like Tool? I've literally never heard him talk about them or Maynard. I'm sure Redban has, but we all know how that'll go. "So like, what made you decided to start Tool, like, hanging out with Trent Reznor and stuff like that?"

Do you need to like someone's art to have an interesting conversation with them?

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

goldblums eyes posted:

Do you need to like someone's art to have an interesting conversation with them?

It certainly helps and is an indication of what might be a good podcast. The Deadmaus episode is a good example of this, as he and Joe didn't really get along, Joe knew nothing about him, and it led to a slightly awkward podcast (that wasn't helped by lots of drink and a Bravo-spearheded entourage turning up).

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Absolutely confirmed for July 27th.

Also I do remember Joe once saying all Tool songs sound alike, so I doubt he's a fan.

That's awesome.

I think Maynard has enough stuff going on in his life to talk about that it's ok if Joe knows nothing about tool

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So the podcast is no longer sponsored by the Fleshlight. Shall we have a moment of silence?

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006

Sock The Great posted:

So the podcast is no longer sponsored by the Fleshlight. Shall we have a moment of silence?

Is there anywhere that's given the reason behind this? I know Joe announced it on the podcast, but I honestly don't remember him giving a reason as to why. Maybe with the new studio he's wanting to take an extremely professional(lol) stance. Speaking of.. Redban is coming with him, right?

I mean, the caliber of guests for 2012 is starting to shoot up and up. Granted, today's guest is a 'squatcher', we're still talking about awesome loving people like Roseanne Barr, Maynard, K-Peir on for the third time...

About Kevin Pereira, am I the only one who completely digs every time hes on? Is there another podcast that is basically his general theme mixed with some roganism? I've been dying hard looking for a new one, but am having a hard time.

And lastly, has Joe mentioned the Higgs Boson particle discovery yet? I'm pretty sure I've listened to 90% of them since the announcement was made, but am surprised to hear nothing about it. Did I just miss it?

Nuja fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 17, 2012

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nuja posted:

About Kevin Pereira, am I the only one who completely digs every time hes on? Is there another podcast that is basically his general theme mixed with some roganism? I've been dying hard looking for a new one, but am having a hard time.

Kevin Periera loving owns, holy poo poo. For years I thought he was just a talentless, personalityless drone like Ryan Seacrest, then heard his first Rogan appearance from a few years back and god drat was I wrong.

He completely won me over forever with this exchange with Joe that I'll never forget:

Pereira: *begins a story that involves going to a sex shop*
Rogan: Why were you at a sex shop, bro? What kinda poo poo are you into?
Pereira: Oh, it wasn't anything crazy, man, just a quick lube run.

That dude is loving amazing and knows exactly what's super interesting and what's not. Like, I was getting the super chills the entire time they played that really old HBO intro scene that he, brilliantly, wants to open his kevin-con thing with, it sounded like childhood.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nuja posted:

Is there anywhere that's given the reason behind this?

gently caress those things! :haw:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Nuja posted:

Fleshlight stuff

I assume it might have to do with Rogan's simplistic attitude of "this is stupid, but you might as well use it"

Or... All of Rogan's listeners that would buy a Fleshlight already have so the discount code isn't at a certain threshold so therefore they stop advertising.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
the Adam Kokesh episode is pretty boring, but it's worth it for listening for when he tries to recruit Joe to be a leader in his Ron Paul Lovelution movement. Joe tells him to get a friend at one point, because he's pretty manic. Redban also basically has nil input and it seems like Kokesh made him really uncomfortable.

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
James Bobo Fay has to be peak Joe Rogan. Even Joe Rogan says that a lot of Fay's "evidence" is bullshit and his retort is "no way man, you're tripping it's totally real!"

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

WHY SEE ESS posted:

James Bobo Fay has to be peak Joe Rogan. Even Joe Rogan says that a lot of Fay's "evidence" is bullshit and his retort is "no way man, you're tripping it's totally real!"

James Bob Fay sounded like he was drunk. Or is he just an idiot?

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

I'm a little over halfway into the Bobo episode...so this guy has a TV show? I am super amused at how the ep is progressing so far, with Rogan playing the skeptic and the guest just relentlessly digging himself further and further into a pit of delusional craziness.

Also, Brian interjecting his "theory" at 47:30 is hilarious, gently caress the haters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I couldn't make it through the Bobo podcast. The guy is an imbecile. Natives in Canada see bigfoot digging through their dumps but for some reason they "just don't" take pictures of the thing. Fishermen have to give bigfoot salmon or else they'll throw rocks at them... but they dont bait the thing and set up cameras because bigfoot can "sense their magnetic field". If you've been hunting bigfoot for years why wouldn't you go to these places and bait/take pics of the things yourself? Holy gently caress.