Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
IVP are giving away a free download of the Best of Jumping Bomb Angels this week

quote:

MV Intro
Itsuki Yamazaki/Noriyo Tateno vs Yukari Omori/Jumbo Hori - 4/1/84
Itsuki Yamazaki/Noriyo Tateno vs Yukari Omori/Chigusa Nagayo - June 1984 TV (G+)
Itsuki Yamazaki/Noriyo Tateno vs Chigusa Nagayo/Lioness Asuka - July 1984 TV
Itsuki Yamazaki/Noriyo Tateno vs Yukari Omori/Jumbo Hori - 9/17/84
Itsuki Yamazaki/Noriyo Tateno vs Jaguar Yokota/Devil Masami - December 1984 TV
Itsuki Yamazaki/Noriyo Tateno vs Chigusa Nagayo/Lioness Asuka (WWWA Tag Title, 2/3 falls) - 1/6/85
Itsuki Yamazaki/Noriyo Tateno vs Dump Matsumoto/Bull Nakano (2/3 falls) - 8/22/85
http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8520?osCsid=67a2e32f2ca05efabadf0083dbba3167

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
American Balloon had a pretty cool post over at DVDVR saying that the 14-year-old kid he adopted in Mongolia (where he's been living) has been accepted to try out for DDT's dojo and Balloon himself might come out of retirement.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

suck it gp :twisted:

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Has there ever been a KENTA vs. Taue singles match? KENTA getting destroyed by grumpy veterans is one of my favorite things to watch (not because I don't like KENTA, he's just really good at it).

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Not that I've ever seen. I'm not sure how well that would work, but then Taue vs Marufuji 3/5/06 was great so vs KENTA might have been good. Too bad Taue is done now...

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2012/07/19/dick-togo-wins-iron-man-title/
DDT <3

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ricochet, Pac, what the hell are they feeding the gaijin over in Dragon Gate? Steroids

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

weekly font posted:

Ricochet, Pac, what the hell are they feeding the gaijin over in Dragon Gate? Steroids

CIMA did have a move named after his favorite one he found in the states...

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Dragon Gate's wellness policy boils down to "well, I hope you brought enough of that for everyone".

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Dick Togo is the man.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
"An update of the Bolivia Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title Tour was read out to the crowd. Dick Togo was the champion but he lost it to Bolivian wrestler AJAYU. AJAYU then lost it to Yuki Sato. Sato then lost it to a local child. Dick Togo then beat the child and is now currently champion."

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
King

of

the

Rudos

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Magnus & Joe are the GHC Tag Team Champions!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
CIMA is successful with his Dream Gate defense against Akira Tozawa, and PAC had his farewell ceremony. :sigh: Great for him to get this opportunity but sad to see him go, could have been/possibly could still be the first Gaijin Dream Gate champion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

Magnus & Joe are the GHC Tag Team Champions!

now give me Magnus vs. Marufuji and Joe vs. Morishima, please.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
IVP Freebie: The Best of Curt Hennig

quote:

(11/23/85) Jumbo Tsuruta/Tenryu v. Curt Hennig/Nick Bockwinkel
(12/4/85) Jumbo Tsuruta v. Curt Hennig
(12/7/85) Stan Hansen/Ted Dibiase v. Curt Hennig/Nick Bockwinkel
(1/17/87) Riki Choshu vs. Curt Hennig
(1/2/88) Curt Hennig v. Tiger Mask

Plus a super special bonus match that can not be purchased anywhere else on this website!!!

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8602?osCsid=71a16b618037ae5e13b69f86131a5356

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's killing me, I need my WNC fix. Has a single event shown up for download yet? Hell, I'd pay per show if they were available.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
None of the shows so far were/are set to air on Samurai. Meaning it would be a comm DVD... and those take forever to cross the ocean.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ditch posted:

None of the shows so far were/are set to air on Samurai. Meaning it would be a comm DVD... and those take forever to cross the ocean.
Going to just ask around then, Kana might know considering the WNC shop links to her personal store anyway.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 25, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I just now remembered a question I meant to ask like years ago, and I was hoping someone might be able to give me a little info on this.

What was the story behind Kensuke Sasaki, of all people, joining Dragon Gate years ago to do comedy with the Florida Bros? Was he just used as a special attraction on a few shows? Did he help draw at all, in the role he was in?

Don't get me wrong, it is one of my favorite things in wrestling ever, but I never understood how in the world it came to be.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I just now remembered a question I meant to ask like years ago, and I was hoping someone might be able to give me a little info on this.

What was the story behind Kensuke Sasaki, of all people, joining Dragon Gate years ago to do comedy with the Florida Bros? Was he just used as a special attraction on a few shows? Did he help draw at all, in the role he was in?

Don't get me wrong, it is one of my favorite things in wrestling ever, but I never understood how in the world it came to be.

I think he was at the point in his career where he was gonna help draw no matter what he was doing. (I might be wrong though.)

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Same time as Tenryu doing some stuff.

Kensuke Office/Diamond Ring did the rounds of nearly every Major Indy/Major Puro promotion then. I think he'd probably boost tickets for the bigger shows (as were the ones he showed up on).

DG has random legends come in on their larger shows: Onita did World this year, Takayama did it last year. Abby did one. Akebono did a longer/less agile run as a Triangle Gate Champion with Mocchi and Fuji with Zetsurins.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Watching legends murder Stalker Ichikawa never gets old. Dude should sue the WWE for gimmick infringement.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

When was Kawada's last match? Sometime in 2010? It's a shame he's basically retired because his matches with Morishima were pretty good. I'd love to see him against Finlay.

The Duck of Death fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 27, 2012

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Sasaki was in World Japan in 2003, then left over a pay dispute. In 2004/2005 he reinvente himself as a hard-working crowd-pleasing freelancer, bouncing between pretty much every significant promotion (NJ, AJ, NOAH, DG, Z1). Heck he even did a Big Japan show in '06.

Also, Magnum Tokyo had a period where he was into heavyweight-style wrestling, notably using Tenryu a bunch. You'll note that Sasaki was mostly working with Do Fixer, Magnum's stable.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ditch posted:

Sasaki was in World Japan in 2003, then left over a pay dispute. In 2004/2005 he reinvente himself as a hard-working crowd-pleasing freelancer, bouncing between pretty much every significant promotion (NJ, AJ, NOAH, DG, Z1). Heck he even did a Big Japan show in '06.

Thanks for the answer, Ditch! I think I saw that BJW show. It was a tag match with Sekimoto on the other side, right?

Ditch posted:

Also, Magnum Tokyo had a period where he was into heavyweight-style wrestling, notably using Tenryu a bunch. You'll note that Sasaki was mostly working with Do Fixer, Magnum's stable.

Magnum was the booker? I did not know that. I always heard DG was done by committee.

One more question. Anyone know where I can find some Smash and WNC full shows?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

IVP has a bunch of SMASH up for download at $1.50 to $3.50 a piece.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

BillyMays posted:

Excellent, you are now mod in Synchtube.

No wait, you already are. Anyway thanks.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thanks for the answer, Ditch! I think I saw that BJW show. It was a tag match with Sekimoto on the other side, right?

Magnum was the booker? I did not know that. I always heard DG was done by committee.

I thought it was Genki as the head of the committee and Magnum did the promoting, which is what lead to the "money issues" that lead to Magnum leaving?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Magnum wasn't head booker, but as one of the top guys he had the ability to nudge things and essentially book his own programs. I can't say with 100% certainty that he was behind Sasaki in DG, but it would fit. And yes, Sekimoto was in that Sasaki match.

There is no WNC content anywhere, per my post a few days ago.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BillyMays posted:

WNC still hasn't shown up on the web anywhere, unless you want to watch the promos and packages, which are all hosted on WNC's YouTube channel.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Rumor going around that NJPW is starting iPPV.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HulkaMatt posted:

Rumor going around that NJPW is starting iPPV.

too bad Japanese shows start at like 6am EST. but we could get together for a replay!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That would kind of work for me. I think they're 2 hours ahead/behind I think?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
If they did OnDemand that'd be fantastic, especially for G1 and next years Super Juniors.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj9NlXvTAaQ
NJ press conference. First half has Low Ki brandishing his ego for tomorrow's match with Ibushi.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I've got good news for Low-Ki fans! He lost his title to Kota Ibushi, so he can go back to being a short, angry, hairless gorilla.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

I've got good news for Low-Ki fans! He lost his title to Kota Ibushi, so he can go back to being a short, angry, hairless gorilla.

Low Ki is a good wrestler

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Oatgan posted:

Low Ki is a good wrestler
He is a good wrestler, but he is also unsafe and has an attitude problem. You shouldn't try and legitimately knock people out just because they haven't "Paid their dues" to you yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

He is a good wrestler, but he is also unsafe and has an attitude problem. You shouldn't try and legitimately knock people out just because they haven't "Paid their dues" to you yet.

Kana