Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan got his purse back.

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
"Bill Goldberg won't be there"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The bodybuilding tangent on the new Observer Radio was freaking brilliant. I love it when Old Man Dave comes out.

E: Going back to Dana being pissed at Dave over the Showtime/Strikeforce stuff, this was in today's update.

quote:

--At the UFC press conference today, Dana White admitted that Strikeforce fighters, when their Strikeforce contracts are up, can't come to UFC as long as Strikeforce is on Showtime. In other words, some people over the past few days were delusional and making things up.

DAVE WINS! DAVE WINS!

njsykora fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 19, 2012

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I've been going through old B&V episodes that took place around PPVs or events that interest me and have found several hilarious blurbs.

In one bit, she's answering questions and the question is something to the effect of asking if she gets facials because her skin looks soft. She then says "No, I've never had a facial." Bryan is speechless while Vinny tries to suppress laughter.

On an unrelated note, what ever happened to that Mark guy that would help them review PPVs? I listened to him during the December to Dismember review and he was the absolute worst type of casual fan.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

njsykora posted:

The bodybuilding tangent on the new Observer Radio was freaking brilliant. I love it when Old Man Dave comes out.

E: Going back to Dana being pissed at Dave over the Showtime/Strikeforce stuff, this was in today's update.

DAVE WINS! DAVE WINS!
Dana is such an rear end in a top hat.

Dave was all sad about getting the story wrong, too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

DAVE WINS! DAVE WINS!

Dave posted:

Dana is what he is. But this last one was a big mistake on his part. The one before was and wasn't, in the sense he did call first, we talked it out, he told me what he wasn't going to do and I can't get mad at him for trying to protect the perception of his company. That's what a promoter does. He got carried away and made himself look bad, but I wasn't mad and took no offense to it and I'm not going to waste my time because somebody called me a name.

This one is different. As best I can tell, someone listened to a show, ignored the topic (Cyborg vs. Rousey, if it happens, being moved to a UFC PPV on 12/29 being the best move for business), wrote an article not understanding my explanation as to why, Cindy Ortiz reads it, again not having heard it, not knowing the context, not contacting me to understand what it was said, tells Dana, also not having heard it, not knowing the context, not contacting me to hear the context, he freaks out, then when he hears the explanation, says I'm lying and making things up, even at that point knowing the point was accurate.

Dana is Dana. But still, he should probably chill the gently caress out and not call people a liar when they're telling the truth.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Bhester posted:

On an unrelated note, what ever happened to that Mark guy that would help them review PPVs? I listened to him during the December to Dismember review and he was the absolute worst type of casual fan.

He was on for a couple of shows (one of the Royal Rumbles, the Lockdown where Foley won the title) and he really didn't get any better.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

CVagts posted:

He was on for a couple of shows (one of the Royal Rumbles, the Lockdown where Foley won the title) and he really didn't get any better.

Every single one of his points involved the phrase "gently caress that motherfucker." It gets old after about 5 minutes.

Also, I hear a lot of references to Brent Kremen, who seems like an odd guy. What's the deal with him?

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY60wbTotIc

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Bhester posted:

Every single one of his points involved the phrase "gently caress that motherfucker." It gets old after about 5 minutes.

Also, I hear a lot of references to Brent Kremen, who seems like an odd guy. What's the deal with him?
http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...kremen-and-more

I think that's the most recent B&V show that he's on. A very odd duck.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Bhester posted:

Listen to really old Bryan and Vinny shows or the show where Bryan was going to review a RAW & SmackDown but instead they told Brent Stories from his wedding for like an entire hour. He can not be explained.

http://www.f4wonline.com/audio-archive/bryan-and-vinny?year=2010&month=8&limit=20

August 3, 2010.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jul 20, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It's funny: Anytime you hear "Well, X is X, what can I tell you?", what that really means is "He's an rear end in a top hat, but he has something to offer, so we put up with it". And even Dave, who is among the most socially awkward guys I've ever seen in sports journalism, gets this.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'm glad Dave was vindicated in the end, I was shaken that he could have been incorrect :ohdear:

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's funny: Anytime you hear "Well, X is X, what can I tell you?", what that really means is "He's an rear end in a top hat, but he has something to offer, so we put up with it".

Just like how "extremely athletic" means "Black and without charisma."

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Just like how "extremely athletic" means "Black and without charisma."

Shelton Benjamin :allears:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm pretty sure they used that term for Ron Simmons in his WCW Title run as well.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm pretty sure they used that term for Ron Simmons in his WCW Title run as well.

Well JR loved recruiting legit athletes, so it makes sense he would put over their athletic credentials.

He loved calling Billy Gunn the best pure athlete in the WWF too, I think.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Well JR loved recruiting legit athletes, so it makes sense he would put over their athletic credentials.

He loved calling Billy Gunn the best pure athlete in the WWF too, I think.

That's true.

Probably because Billy Gunn was a black man in whiteface.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

triplexpac posted:

I'm glad Dave was vindicated in the end, I was shaken that he could have been incorrect :ohdear:

My faith in there being logic and order in this world is restored.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's true.

Probably because Billy Gunn was a black man in whiteface.
I seem to remember Grandmaster Sexxay once saying that "Blackman dances like a black man"

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Observer Radio with Semp hosting with Dave was very good. Talk about a whole lot of stuff.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

HulkaMatt posted:

Observer Radio with Semp hosting with Dave was very good. Talk about a whole lot of stuff.

drat, wish that were free. I'd give it a listen for sure.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HulkaMatt posted:

I am listening now, loving the Bigfoot talk straight up.

Also, I was hoping to have old school style with Dave hosting. :colbert:

edit: also loving the double post by Mike.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 21, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

LordPants posted:

I am listening now, loving the Bigfoot talk straight up.

Also, I was hoping to have old school style with Dave hosting. :colbert:

edit: also loving the double post by Mike.
"Sonnen beats Silva" leading the description of last week's F4W was the best.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If Bryan doesn't bury Mike for trying to copy his spiel and saying F4W Online instead of Figure Four Online then I'll be sorely disappointed. Do need to listen to the rest of the show though, at least the Impact stuff. With B&V not happening I'm hoping they do a full show review.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Mike gives him poo poo for the things he says all the time on the Big Audio Nightmare.

Also Bryan's spiel is Dave's spiel. It's the only way Observer shows can start!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Bryan Alvarez ‏on Twitter posted:

Alive #Bigfoot
He survived! :D

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

Perigryn posted:

He survived! :D

Or Bigfoot got his phone :tinfoil:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Space Cob posted:

Or Bigfoot got his phone :tinfoil:

Well at least it wasn't his purse :v:

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
Having just listened to the most recent SWF, I would like to apologise for being on holiday, as this allowed Larry and Joe to go un-yelled at as they spoke total crap about the Bryan/AJ/Punk scenario.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's funny: Anytime you hear "Well, X is X, what can I tell you?", what that really means is "He's an rear end in a top hat, but he has something to offer, so we put up with it". And even Dave, who is among the most socially awkward guys I've ever seen in sports journalism, gets this.

Wait, who else in sports journalism is as awkward as Meltzer?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Colin Cowherd comes to mind.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
No more Todd Raw reports. :qq:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jack Krauser posted:

No more Todd Raw reports. :qq:

Again?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
--I would like to open this by thanking Todd Martin for all his work covering Raw for so many years, dating back to the Observer site long before Bryan and I put this new site together. Tonight will be his last Raw report. Todd has done a great job with this, trying to do the difficult distinction between judging the show based on both entertainment and business considerations (the latter which isn't easy because ratings of a singular television show and business over the next month or months are often not all that related). Martin follows a string of a number of Raw reviewers we've had dating back to the late Nilton Fernandes, who I also wanted to bring up because it's been almost ten years since his tragic death in 2002, and he would have gone on to be one of the best wrestling and MMA writers around had he lived. Todd will continue covering MMA and have his weekly Thursday show on the site.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Todd is a funny one.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

He said a while back he'd be ending his Raw reports at 1000.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Vinny is currently at the Mariners game, as a result of the Ichiro trade.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Who wrote the blurb about the "angle at the end of Raw"? Did I watch something different or did Cena really do an AA and almost pin Punk before Show came back out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dave says that the return of the hand was "SO STUPID."

Dave Meltzer is an idiot. :smith:

• Locked thread