Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

piratepilates posted:

Hope the rest of the episodes are longer, this is exactly what I want in a tv show only it's 10 minutes of those two old assholes talking instead of half an hour.

Yeah, it was brilliant and I could watch a full series of just the two of them shooting the poo poo, but 10 minutes was barely a taste.

I absolutely lost it at the bit about chickens "on the range".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, it was brilliant and I could watch a full series of just the two of them shooting the poo poo, but 10 minutes was barely a taste.

I absolutely lost it at the bit about chickens "on the range".
The cigar/cigarette thing was so good too. You don't enjoy a cigarette, but you do enjoy a cigar. A cigar is more of an indulgence and by definition it means you're in a relaxed state and have time on your hands, thus are more willing and able to give sage advice.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

OnlyJuanMon posted:

It's not my favorite, but why exactly is The Dog so hated?

I don't know at all. It's one of my favourites actually. Farfel makes me laugh so much. And the dog guy.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's probably just because the dog barking is just so awful. Could they just not get stock dog barking sound effects and instead had to rely on someone barking into those plastic toy microphones with the springs in them?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

The cigar/cigarette thing was so good too. You don't enjoy a cigarette, but you do enjoy a cigar. A cigar is more of an indulgence and by definition it means you're in a relaxed state and have time on your hands, thus are more willing and able to give sage advice.

Jerry asking how the hell they ever got any work done when they spent all day talking about stuff like this was great too.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
ITS
ALL
PIPES!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Riptor posted:

ITS
ALL
PIPES!

I'll call a plumber right now!

(And The Dog contains the greatest dog name ever, so it gets a pass from me.)

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Prediction, within a week you'll be calling and asking to watch The Dog again.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

mints posted:

Prediction, within a week you'll be calling and asking to watch The Dog again.

:golfclap:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Macaluso posted:

It's probably just because the dog barking is just so awful. Could they just not get stock dog barking sound effects and instead had to rely on someone barking into those plastic toy microphones with the springs in them?

You see, thinking like this would have cost us scenes like this (a different episode, a different dog):

Dog food.... juice...

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

(And The Dog contains the greatest dog name ever, so it gets a pass from me.)

I think you're mixing up The Dog with The Andrea Doria.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
"Maybe they should have a toilet paper museum, would you like that?" :v:

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
You know Darren, if you would have told me twenty-five years ago that some day I’d be standing here about to solve the worlds energy problems, I would’ve said you’re crazy. Now let’s push this giant ball of oil out the window.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

potee posted:

You know Darren, if you would have told me twenty-five years ago that some day I’d be standing here about to solve the worlds energy problems, I would’ve said you’re crazy. Now let’s push this giant ball of oil out the window.

This is going to be a shame

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

potee posted:

I wonder if Kramer convinced Darren to take the fall, or if Darren volunteered out of his love for Kramerica Industries.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

That's not going to be good for anybody.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Stare-Out posted:

The first episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is now available. Posting this here because the first "guest" is Larry David, and this is literally Jerry and George driving around for a while and then getting coffee.

TV Larry is the toned down version of Larry David.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I thought that Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee would be US only. Glad to see it's not. That was funny, hope the rest are that good.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The official Seinfeld Facebook page has the right idea:

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

wa27 posted:

The official Seinfeld Facebook page has the right idea:

:3: I didn't realise the 'it's about NOTHING' thing came from George until I watched The Pitch today. I'm up to The Bubble Boy so far.

I should say that I know *zero* about how the rest of the series will pan out, other than that at the end, some (all?) of them get arrested for something. (I only know that because I glanced at the wiki page when I was wondering if I should start watching the show, I don't know how or why they get arrested). So, I don't know if the NBC thing works out and this becomes a sitcom-about-a-successful-sitcom-writer, or if it fails and Jerry just carries on being a lowish-radar club comedian. I could see both options being entertaining :).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The show being about nothing was always the premise of the show, they just had George pitch their show as it being about nothing because it's just a funny concept. I especially love George getting more mad every time Jerry tries to be say it is actually about something.

"NO NO IT'S ABOUT NOTHING! NOTHING HAPPENS!"

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

Macaluso posted:

The show being about nothing was always the premise of the show, they just had George pitch their show as it being about nothing because it's just a funny concept. I especially love George getting more mad every time Jerry tries to be say it is actually about something.

"NO NO IT'S ABOUT NOTHING! NOTHING HAPPENS!"

Oh, I got that it was self-referential, I should have phrased that better. I just loved George's delivery of it :3:

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.
Well, why am I watching it?

Because it's on TV.

Not yet.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
"The panties your mother laid out for ya?" :suicide:

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
Oh my god the letters scene was brilliant :stare:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

The blooper scene is even better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orN0kw1qsJ0

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

notsoape posted:

Oh my god the letters scene was brilliant :stare:

Who's John? Who's John?? :gonk:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

Who's John? Who's John?? :gonk:

I knew it!!!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Dear Henry,

Last night with you was bliss. I fear my orgasm has left me a cripple. I don't know how I will ever get back to work.

I love you madly,
John

P.S. Loved the cabin

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Jingleheimer posted:

Dear Henry,

Last night with you was bliss. I fear my orgasm has left me a cripple. I don't know how I will ever get back to work.

I love you madly,
John

P.S. Loved the cabin

Time is what he's indicating there (one of my favorite George lines of the entire series)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

T. Mascis posted:

Time is what he's indicating there (one of my favorite George lines of the entire series)

My favorite George line is when he and Jerry are having dinner with Elaine's father.

"We'll say we're frightened and we have to go home."

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Did you offer them a drink?

No, why, should I have?

What kind of person are you??

I don't know. :ohdear:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I'm watching The Invitations again as I type this, and it is amazing to watch George rant to Jerry, trying to figure out a way to get out of his wedding to Susan.

George: "If she would just take a plane somewhere..."
Jerry: "And what? Hope for a crash?"
George: "It happens."
Jerry: "You know what the odds are on a crash? It's a million to one."
George: "It's something. It's hope."

George literally hopes for his fiancee to die in a plane wreck because he is too chicken to break it off, and Jerry just goes right along with it.

These are the best written awful people in sitcom history.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

WE HAD A PACT!!!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Woof!

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Not shot, dog bite

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

T. Mascis posted:

Not shot, dog bite

I WAS BLEEEEEDING TO DEATH

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

T. Mascis posted:

Not shot, dog bite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za1XVgQhsJU&t=113s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

T. Mascis posted:

Not shot, dog bite

Will this hurt? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
you're off bread... :rolleyes: