Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Rodney the Piper posted:

Dave says that the return of the hand was "SO STUPID."

Dave Meltzer is an idiot. :smith:

At least John Pollock and Wai Ting of the LAW recognized its greatness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dave also seemed to think it was news that the Olympics were just a giant orgy. I've known that poo poo since Athens. You try gathering hundreds of the most attractive, fit and healthy people in the world in one village and see if you can stop them loving each other.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
As I recall, at the last Olympics there was a story about how after a week, they'd run out of condoms in the Olympic village.

There was also a story where Michael Phelps' diet was posted, and it was enough to feed The Big Show. Swimmers, man. They burn calories.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

Rodney the Piper posted:

Dave says that the return of the hand was "SO STUPID."

Dave Meltzer is an idiot. :smith:

Something can be stupid and also quite funny :ssh:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
My problem was the hand was far too white. And old.

CONTINUITY FOR gently caress SAKES.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Lone Rogue posted:

My problem was the hand was far too white. And old.

CONTINUITY FOR gently caress SAKES.

Maybe handmen age at double or triple the rate of normal men? We've no precedent that I'm aware of!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Maybe handmen age at double or triple the rate of normal men? We've no precedent that I'm aware of!
Yeah, he could've been sent a few years to the future after his birth because of a virus that's affected his DNA (which explains why he's white).

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Did Thing ever have children? Get Gomez Addams on the phone!

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Lone Rogue posted:

Did Thing ever have children? Get Gomez Addams on the phone!

He's dead :(

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

No problem, we'll just call the Gomez from the movie!

...oh.

Is Scott Gomez an acceptable replacement?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Lone Rogue posted:

...oh.

I was talking about Gomez from the movie. Addams Family and Addams Family Values are legit two of my favourite films, I watch them at least once a year. Raul... :(

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I was talking about Gomez from the movie. Addams Family and Addams Family Values are legit two of my favourite films, I watch them at least once a year. Raul... :(

Josh Astin is still alive. Sorry John!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I know, man, I know. :(

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Space Cob posted:

Something can be stupid and also quite funny :ssh:

There was nothing but disdain in his voice.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rodney the Piper posted:

I expect Vinny to put it over as the greatest thing on the show when B&V goes up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wow, the poo poo TNA is pulling with expiring contracts and possibly trying to use the WWE lawsuit as leverage is so hosed up. Hey Bully Ray, you've been great for the last year... let's lowball you when you can't go elsewhere!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Lone Rogue posted:

...oh.

But he rarely scores

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

Wow, the poo poo TNA is pulling with expiring contracts and possibly trying to use the WWE lawsuit as leverage is so hosed up. Hey Bully Ray, you've been great for the last year... let's lowball you when you can't go elsewhere!

Yeah, I heard that earlier. That's pretty incredibly hosed up. I mean, the company is apparently started to earn some good will back from the fans, but it looks like it's still run just as lovely as ever.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 25, 2012

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There are only two places to really earn a good living so if you are banned from one and the other is purposely low balling you because of it, you could probably get something done about that in court.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

Rodney the Piper posted:

I didn't quite get that, but you are probably right.

But this is Dave so...I don't know. I could see him just not bringing himself to laugh; his inner encyclopedia was short circuiting or something.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah, that breaking Observer Radio went from "Oh neat, Raw pulled a good rating" to ":stare: Holy gently caress TNA what the hell are you doing. Bruce Pritchard should not be handling talent relations."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jack Krauser posted:

Yeah, that breaking Observer Radio went from "Oh neat, Raw pulled a good rating" to ":stare: Holy gently caress TNA what the hell are you doing. Bruce Pritchard should not be handling talent relations."

Well this isn't new from TNA, this is the same company that in 2006 cut pay and transportation for the X Division which led to guys having to share hotel rooms and sleep on the floor.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rodney the Piper posted:

They never really enjoy the weird goofy comedy poo poo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
THE BRYAN AND VINNY SHOW IS UP! FINALLY I CAN HEAR IF BRYAN FOUND BIGFOOT!

...File Not Found.

gently caress.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

MassRayPer posted:

...File Not Found.

gently caress.

I blame the Illuminati admin Tony :argh:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRayPer posted:

...File Not Found.

gently caress.
Working for me on Downcast.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Bryan's Bigfoot story was the best.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Cardboard Box posted:

Bryan's Bigfoot story was the best.

It really was, the part with the little kid was :3: as hell, and I laughed quite loudly on the bus when he said that someone thought Bigfoot pissed on their tent. the stunned silence from Vinny was amazing

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Leave GOAT MAN alone...

...He's done nothing wrong.

:dance: :siren: :siren: :siren: KONNAN SHOW :siren: :siren: :siren: :dance:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 26, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

LordPants posted:

Pretty much my entire reaction right there. :woop::woop:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

You Konnan fans should listen to the MLW podcast, it's pretty much all Konnan all the time. He drops the n-bomb a little too much sometimes, but other than that it's pretty interesting, especially when he's laying out why nobody should want to go work for AAA right now.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

LordPants posted:

My subscription lapsed today.

Ah, gently caress it, just take my money, Alvarez.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Swagger Dagger posted:

You Konnan fans should listen to the MLW podcast, it's pretty much all Konnan all the time. He drops the n-bomb a little too much sometimes, but other than that it's pretty interesting, especially when he's laying out why nobody should want to go work for AAA right now.

He sold me on the MLW podcast when he said they interviewed Tully Blanchard while HE WAS GOLFING!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Akileese posted:

He sold me on the MLW podcast when he said they interviewed Tully Blanchard while HE WAS GOLFING!

They did. Tully's not exactly a fun interview when he's not distracted, so it was a weird episode, but Konnan and Saint-Laurent trying to find every possible opportunity to make fun of Larry Zybysko saved it.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
This week's Art of Wrestling guest is Kofi Kingston.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

I'll check out the MLV podcast, but nothing beats Konnan grilling Meltzer to answer his MMA questions and taking none of his "well, there's this, but then there's that" bullshit. Then, as he signs off, he promptly books himself to come back and plug AAA when they come to the US. Awesome.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This week's Lance show is a call-in show. :ohdear:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

This week's Lance show is a call-in show. :ohdear:

Must resist desire to call in and troll Lance on his stupid beliefs...

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Perigryn posted:

This week's Art of Wrestling guest is Kofi Kingston.

Great show. Kofi seems like a cool rear end dude .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

MassRayPer posted:

Must resist desire to call in and troll Lance on his stupid beliefs...

Oh dear. Please dont tell me Lance is a fundametalist christian or something.

• Locked thread