Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

How do you use the backup files created by FNVEdit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
After thinking that I fixed all the 'orphaned GRA' mods that I kept finding, I've suddenly found another. Any idea what's wrong with this load order?

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
WME - GRA.esm
The.Armory.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
More Perks.esm
More Traits.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
jsawyer.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
Roleplay Start 1.2.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
MBOWBExtended100.esp
MojaveExtended100.esp
Existence2.0.esp
The Low Profile Armor Mod (JSawyer).esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
awilderwasteland.esp
betsybrahminFSO.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
outsidebets.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station.esp
Expanded Traits.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
NVCE Main - Companions.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
GRA - The Right to Bear Arms.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp
The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp
ManualReload.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
NVCE Main.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne WME.esp
WME - DLCs.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Western Sky.esp

Total active plugins: 73
Total plugins: 90

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Does anyone have a copy of the latest Intrusive Invisible Wall Remover at all? It became part of the whole Mission Mojave suite, and I just want it and nothing else.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rather Dashing posted:

After thinking that I fixed all the 'orphaned GRA' mods that I kept finding, I've suddenly found another. Any idea what's wrong with this load order?

Orphaned GRA Mod Kits appear to be something that WME adds. I'm not sure if it's a load order problem so much as something that one of the WME plugins deliberately adds. Unfortunately, I can find very little information on what these kits are, exactly.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Gyshall posted:

Does anyone have a copy of the latest Intrusive Invisible Wall Remover at all? It became part of the whole Mission Mojave suite, and I just want it and nothing else.

I was going to re-upload this but apparently intrusive invisible Wall remover is different from the Invisible Wall Remover I'm using in some intangible invisible way.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I've resolved my problem. I must have accidentally edited the DLC ESMs at some point, because copying back the originals helped.

Is it still a good idea to use the MasterUpdate trick?

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

SplitSoul posted:

How do you use the backup files created by FNVEdit?

Pretty sure they're just the unaltered esp renamed. So, change it back to whatever.esp and you should be good to go.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Crigit posted:

Pretty sure they're just the unaltered esp renamed. So, change it back to whatever.esp and you should be good to go.

Yes, that seems obvious now. I thought the filesizes were too small, but then I recalled that most of the space taken up by DLCs were textures, meshes and sounds. :doh:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm starting a fresh game to play the DLC - I'd like to get the current best texture mods for the landscape/people/weapons - what might those be?

Otherwise, just a UI mod, I'm assuming DarnUI is the one I want?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

victrix posted:

I'm starting a fresh game to play the DLC - I'd like to get the current best texture mods for the landscape/people/weapons - what might those be?

Otherwise, just a UI mod, I'm assuming DarnUI is the one I want?

New texture mods don't change a whole lot. Your best bets are still in the OP, and these will probably never change: NMC + OJO BUENO + Vurt's Wasteland Flora Overhaul (if you feel so inclined) + New Vegas Character Expansions (NVCE; essentially New Vegas' Project Beauty) + Arenovalis' WRP.

Strom Thurmond
Jul 24, 2004

by XyloJW
So this is my first play-through, though I have had the game for 6+ months and have had it stable (as far as loading/the intro go) for almost as long. Just put it on the back-burner I guess. Anyway, I went through and grabbed what I thought looked cool from the OP, and now that I've started playing through, I'm having some difficulty with Monster Mod in particular:

quote:

Monster Mod
The spiritual successor to FO3's MMM. Rather than relying on palette-swapped enemies, the Monster Mod introduces 75+ new creatures into the fray. While a lot of of the new enemies are mesh mish-mashes (as well as STALKER models), a significant number are brand new creatures. The author has made an effort to incorporate the creatures as canon-friendly, though it's not without its flaws. Worth a look.

I worked my way up past Primm, and before the next Outpost, I'm getting all sorts of crazy poo poo - queen ants that spit poison and can withstand 30+ dynamite sticks, and then all sorts of ghouls and hell goblins on top. I literally could not get past Primm because I would get between 3 and 6 of these crazy monsters every load. Anyone experience this? I'm no-where near being able to kill them, and they finish me off in a few claws/swipes/bites unless I can get a car or pile of tires between us. I just ended up disabling it, but that seems like a shame because some of the monsters are cool.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Crowetron posted:

Is there a mod that removes gender limitations on hairstyles, so I could have a female courier with a pompadour or a dude who looks like a ~domestic goddess~? Or is there some weird mesh issues that would make that impossible?

I found the mod for FO3 I mentioned earlier, maybe you can work off of that?

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/1729

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Is there any way to get the latest version of Mod Organizer to work with New Vegas?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I thought I put a disclaimer in there about that mod, but apparently I didn't. What you are experiencing with the Monster Mod is perfectly normal. The mod, itself, has transformed into a big, bloated loving mess, and the author seems perfectly incapable of balancing things out. Avoid using it until somebody carves it to pieces and plays with the numbers.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Strom Thurmond posted:

So this is my first play-through, though I have had the game for 6+ months and have had it stable (as far as loading/the intro go) for almost as long. Just put it on the back-burner I guess. Anyway, I went through and grabbed what I thought looked cool from the OP, and now that I've started playing through, I'm having some difficulty with Monster Mod in particular:

I worked my way up past Primm, and before the next Outpost, I'm getting all sorts of crazy poo poo - queen ants that spit poison and can withstand 30+ dynamite sticks, and then all sorts of ghouls and hell goblins on top. I literally could not get past Primm because I would get between 3 and 6 of these crazy monsters every load. Anyone experience this? I'm no-where near being able to kill them, and they finish me off in a few claws/swipes/bites unless I can get a car or pile of tires between us. I just ended up disabling it, but that seems like a shame because some of the monsters are cool.

That's par for the course with Monster Mod; there is no semblance of balance to it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

New texture mods don't change a whole lot. Your best bets are still in the OP, and these will probably never change: NMC + OJO BUENO + Vurt's Wasteland Flora Overhaul (if you feel so inclined) + New Vegas Character Expansions (NVCE; essentially New Vegas' Project Beauty) + Arenovalis' WRP.

Thanks for this

And jesus christ I'm going to spend an hour setting these all up, NMM isn't helping at all :eng99:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

victrix posted:

Thanks for this

And jesus christ I'm going to spend an hour setting these all up, NMM isn't helping at all :eng99:

It really shouldn't take much time to install those files, beyond literally extracting and transferring them. Drag / drop NMC, drag / drop OJO BUENO, drag / drop WRP, drag / drop NVCE. Activate NVCE's plugin(s) and make sure "Archive Invalidation" is active via FOMM. Enjoy.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

They all have updates/files not downloading in NMM/files downloading the wrong version by default - I *think* I managed to grab all the correct files, hopefully I get them all piled on in the right order, since I'm assuming doing the updates first would get overwritten by the originals, and its a shitload of files.

Upshot, its just a bunch of textures, so it shouldn't break anything. Almost done, looking forward to seeing my shiny new wasteland :swoon:

Strom Thurmond
Jul 24, 2004

by XyloJW

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I thought I put a disclaimer in there about that mod, but apparently I didn't. What you are experiencing with the Monster Mod is perfectly normal. The mod, itself, has transformed into a big, bloated loving mess, and the author seems perfectly incapable of balancing things out. Avoid using it until somebody carves it to pieces and plays with the numbers.

Thanks - I thought I was doing something wrong or hadn't leveled enough for the area I was going into. I'd take it out all together; just about had me quitting the game all together since I didn't realize it was a mod that was creating the issue.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So I just installed FOOK, and as soon as I get to the radio to start Dead Money. The gas shoots out, I pass out and then New Vegas stops working and closes. I have no other mods installed, and it works fine when FOOK is disabled. How do I fix this?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Are there any good mods out there that expanding crafting, specifically using Science and workbenches to make your own bots? I wanna say that was some part in Project Nevada, but I've since ditched that for JSawyer.

Edit: Thanks CoP, I searched the OP for the wrong thing apparently and missed it.

graynull fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 25, 2012

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Strom Thurmond posted:

Thanks - I thought I was doing something wrong or hadn't leveled enough for the area I was going into. I'd take it out all together; just about had me quitting the game all together since I didn't realize it was a mod that was creating the issue.
Yeah, Monster Mod is garbage. The author didn't seem to have any self control when it came to adding new enemies. He just threw in anything he get his hands on (or worse, spent what had to be a load of time making entirely new creatures that don't even look right next to the vanilla enemies) regardless if it made any sense. MMM wasn't awesome because it added a bazillion new monsters that looked out of place, it was awesome because it only added about a dozen new ones that fit really well into the world and did a bunch of neat stuff with monster variance, size scaling and loot, something that appears to be completely lost on the dude that made Monster Mod.

The same poo poo is going on now with Skyrim, but at least other people have made mods that clean it up some.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

graynull posted:

Are there any good mods out there that expanding crafting, specifically using Science and workbenches to make your own bots? I wanna say that was some part in Project Nevada, but I've since ditched that for JSawyer.

Robco Certified in the OP.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

So I just installed FOOK, and as soon as I get to the radio to start Dead Money. The gas shoots out, I pass out and then New Vegas stops working and closes. I have no other mods installed, and it works fine when FOOK is disabled. How do I fix this?

I assume you've got the FOOK DLC plugins (both .esm and .esp) installed and loaded, too?

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
One of my mods is causing the game to basically become unplayable whenever you enter certain cells: Victor's Shack, the Broc Flower Cave, and the top floor of the Bison Steve. Probably others. As soon as the cell finishes loading, it's like every NPC/object in the game becomes stuck to my character, and my character slowly takes damage while not being able to move at all. Even when I turn on noclip via the console, I still can't move, which is especially weird. I'd make a video if I could. Anyway, it's only happened in a couple cells, so I've mostly tried to ignore it, but now it's keeping me from Ratslayer. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_WastelandEditon.esm
NVInteriors_Urban_Edition.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Lings.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
WME - GRA Light.esm
The.Armory.esm
Armor Collection.esm
IWR.esm
domecity.esm
domecity_Kaz_plugin.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
MBOWBExtended100.esp
CASM.esp
Fellout.esp
Fellout-OWB.esp
friendofnightforfellout.esp
FNVEnhancedShaders - AA-DOF Enable.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
NVInteriors_Tweaks_DLC.esp
Readius_NV.esp
Expanded Traits.esp
Boacombat2glove.esp
boa ncrpahelmet.esp
MercGrenadeRifleDemoPyro.esp
SturdyCaravanShotgunSurgeon.esp
Broad Machete VATS Fix.esp
Weathered10mmFixes.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - DLCs Arenovalis.esp
WME - GRA Light Arenovalis.esp
Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR + GRA.esp
CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
LingsPrettyThings.esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
The.Armory.Sample.Sounds.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Rambo.Pack.esp
Armor Collection - Armor Cabinet.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
Sink Vending Machine.esp
EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
PipLantern.esp
ImprovedGeckoLeatherArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
SignatureArmor.esp

Total active plugins: 81
Total plugins: 81

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Castomira posted:

One of my mods is causing the game to basically become unplayable whenever you enter certain cells: Victor's Shack, the Broc Flower Cave, and the top floor of the Bison Steve. Probably others. As soon as the cell finishes loading, it's like every NPC/object in the game becomes stuck to my character, and my character slowly takes damage while not being able to move at all. Even when I turn on noclip via the console, I still can't move, which is especially weird. I'd make a video if I could. Anyway, it's only happened in a couple cells, so I've mostly tried to ignore it, but now it's keeping me from Ratslayer. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Has that been your load order since you started the current game?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Are there any good FO:NV mod showcase channels on YouTube? I often like the sounds of things and want to see them in action, or would like the sound of things once I see them in action. (I'm anticipating an answer of "no" here.)

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You could just edit the OP, since there are still a bunch of goons fresh off the summer Sale looking for SA approved mods. And RTFOP doesn't work if the OP is recommending a lovely mod.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jul 25, 2012

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Has that been your load order since you started the current game?

I think so, but it doesn't seem to be the problem, even if it isn't. I just loaded up a new game and headed to Victor's Shack and got the same issue.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I actually like Monster Mod in a "So Bad It's Good" kind of way. There's no doubt that the balance is poo poo, and that a lot of the monsters do not fit the setting, but I think it's a good mod for a playthrough where you just sort of want to gently caress around. I loaded it up with the Armory, Unlimited Companions, IWS, Angel Park 2, and Warzones one time. Absolutely loving stupid, but something about fighting a giant ant queen that spits plasma and dozens of her ant minions with 4 other companions was oddly satisfying.

Traveller In Time
Apr 4, 2009

You got anything to eat? I haven't eaten anything since later this afternoon.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Are there any good FO:NV mod showcase channels on YouTube? I often like the sounds of things and want to see them in action, or would like the sound of things once I see them in action. (I'm anticipating an answer of "no" here.)

Gopher, the guy who did OneHud and the Advanced Recon mods, is your best bet. He can be a bit dry sometimes but his videos are pretty informative.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Nexus has made a 'superstar' of some dude named Alchestbreach or whatever on youtube. He reviews most of the popular Fallout/FNV/gamebryo engine and a few other games' mods. I personally haven't watched his videos but he's immensely popular, I know that much.

Midrena
May 2, 2009

Traveller In Time posted:

Gopher, the guy who did OneHud and the Advanced Recon mods, is your best bet. He can be a bit dry sometimes but his videos are pretty informative.

I love Gopher. I found him from Skyrim and followed him back to New Vegas. :3:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Hank Morgan posted:

I was going to re-upload this but apparently intrusive invisible Wall remover is different from the Invisible Wall Remover I'm using in some intangible invisible way.

Ah, the Invisible one was what I wanted. I was looking at my old load orders/etc trying to find those older mods.

What I was actually after was an old(er) version of Operation Fixed Terrain that wasn't rolled into Mission Mojave.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
After getting all the dlc in the steam sale, I was looking for useful mods to start another playthough.

However, I can't even get the mod manager to update without crashing(from a clean install of both FONV and the manager and I have absolutely no idea what mods are compatible or what most of them even do.

Can somebody point me to a recommended list of things that don't affect the game itself but make it prettier/run better/be less buggy?

Edit: And most importantly, is compatible with eachother without requiring tools that don't work.

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 25, 2012

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I assume you've got the FOOK DLC plugins (both .esm and .esp) installed and loaded, too?

I do, the optional and esps.

I didn't use the proper load order for a while, though fixing it doesn't seem to have worked, unclear as to how to fix that problem

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Yes, starting a new game with the mods loaded in the right order fixed it. But I don't know how to fix it for my current save game.

Stark
Jun 9, 2007
So I've been playing and just by exploring I've gotten to level 20 before even touching the DLC or even getting near the end of the main quest. I am unkillable. I don't want to start over there is still so much more to explore --- Is there any good mod I can drop in mid-game to spice up the combat?

Stark fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 25, 2012

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What's the most likely culprit if selecting a specefic race causes CTD? FNVEdit doesn't show any conflicts and I'm using a bashed patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I had installed Western skies from the op, but the sandstorm annoyed me. I saved the game and disabled the mod. When I loaded, the perception had stayed dropped four points as though the mod was still active. I tried playing again with the mod enabled, waited for a storm to start and end, and the perception and stealth were still messed up. Is there any way to fix this without using the console?