Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dorepoll posted:

"pulled Bjork sandwich".

The greatest joke in the history of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Do Matt Besser and Andy Daly ever appear together on an episode? Because they're both the funniest recurring guests on the podcast for me.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Matt Besser is awesome but I just cannot stand his Bjork character. The Pope was hilarious though.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.
Anybody going to the show in LA in a couple weeks?

http://ticketfly.com/purchase/event/134075?utm_medium=bks

The line up was too good for me to resist, it's basically all my favorites from the show.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The greatest joke in the history of the show.
This and "diving Belzer" are things that make me and my friends crack up constantly.

ehonna_disco
Apr 26, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

cams posted:

This and "diving Belzer" are things that make me and my friends crack up constantly.

Was that the episode with Busey and Ice-T driving together to the studio in a space shuttle?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ehonna_disco posted:

Was that the episode with Busey and Ice-T driving together to the studio in a space shuttle?

Jesse "the body, mind, and heart" Ventura, not Busey.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

weinus posted:

Anybody going to the show in LA in a couple weeks?

http://ticketfly.com/purchase/event/134075?utm_medium=bks

The line up was too good for me to resist, it's basically all my favorites from the show.

PFT and James Adomian are the only guests listed for me so far but I hope there are some surprises in the wood work.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Anyone remember which episode Huell Howser and Jesse Ventura mutated into each other? I've been looking for that one for a while but can't find it. I'm beginning to think I imagined the whole thing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

2nd anniversary episode.

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010
It was so early in the episode, and such a cheap joke, but Scott saying to Odenkirk "Remember when your kids were 9 and 11 years old? That was really distasteful." made me burst out laughing harder than anything else. This show has not dipped in quality, no sir.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Great episode. Love Besser.

"I don't know why this would apply but Lily Tomlin isn't around this couch, is she?"
That's how you play Would You Rather?

COUNTIN THE BILLIES fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 25, 2012

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

TheIndividual posted:

It was so early in the episode, and such a cheap joke, but Scott saying to Odenkirk "Remember when your kids were 9 and 11 years old? That was really distasteful." made me burst out laughing harder than anything else. This show has not dipped in quality, no sir.

Hasn't he done that joke before? I remember hearing it but I dunno if it was Scott on CBB or someone on DLM.

Either way it was still pretty funny.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The Capm posted:

PFT and James Adomian are the only guests listed for me so far but I hope there are some surprises in the wood work.

adam scott and harris wittels will be there. and Ill be there.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

This was from an old Jason Mantzoukas episode, but I remember Scott talking about one of his scrapped MTV awards intro things for Leighton Meester and somebody else with the joke being that saying their names together in a heavy Mexican accent sounded like something. This is really bugging me for some reason right now, does anyone remember the specifics of that bit?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The only thing along those lines I remember was Anna Faris Wheel and Chris Pine Tree

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

This was from an old Jason Mantzoukas episode, but I remember Scott talking about one of his scrapped MTV awards intro things for Leighton Meester and somebody else with the joke being that saying their names together in a heavy Mexican accent sounded like something. This is really bugging me for some reason right now, does anyone remember the specifics of that bit?

The leighton meester joke was "its ok to fart" iirc

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I don't remember exactly who the second person was. Lil Wayne, maybe. But if you put their names together it sounds like Batman's Mexican butler; "Meester Wayne."

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

soggybagel posted:

Haha! My plugs theme got used!

too true mon frere

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Power of Pecota posted:

It was actually from the Samberg/Pally episode last month.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Has anyone paid the $25 for the tour downloads yet? Is there one online now?

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

xbilkis posted:

The only thing along those lines I remember was Anna Faris Wheel and Chris Pine Tree

The best Scott Aukerman/Anna Faris joke was a tweet that went something like:

"Good think Anna Faris decided to dot her i and not cross her t or else she'd have been Anna Farts."

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

Rusty Kettle posted:

Has anyone paid the $25 for the tour downloads yet? Is there one online now?

I just did and San Diego is up

It's got classic Brett Gelman/Scott antagonism and Jon Daly, The Golfer Not The Comedian. 15 minutes in and it already rules.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 25, 2012

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

It's got classic Brett Gelman/Scott antagonism and Jon Daly, The Golfer Not The Comedian. 15 minutes in and it already rules.

$25 for a new CBB everyday between the July 29th and August 10th? If they are all the standard length, this is a great deal. Plus it is about time I give back to the show that has been giving me free laughs all these years.

Ziltoid
Dec 31, 2010

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Hasn't he done that joke before? I remember hearing it but I dunno if it was Scott on CBB or someone on DLM.

Either way it was still pretty funny.

There was a pretty similar joke on the Kulap episode of You Made it Weird. That could be what you're thinking of.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Rusty Kettle posted:

$25 for a new CBB everyday between the July 29th and August 10th? If they are all the standard length, this is a great deal. Plus it is about time I give back to the show that has been giving me free laughs all these years.

Hmm, did they say a new one every day? As of a few hours ago it was just the Gelman/Daly one... but it's not the 29th yet. I'm assuming there will be at least nine to make it a bargain over paying $2.99 for individual shows.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh god I want those CBB tour eps so bad but I have negative money.

Ziltoid posted:

There was a pretty similar joke on the Kulap episode of You Made it Weird. That could be what you're thinking of.

I think it may have been Dave Foley on DLM actually. I haven't listened to the latest YMIW yet.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

Rusty Kettle posted:

This one's 45min, it's fully hilarious, and the page says there will be 14. sick deal!

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I'm going to wait until the Seattle show is done before I listen to any of the other tour shows. I just want to be surprised even though I'm sure the format is different.

(PS Is there anyone else going to be at the Seattle show? I'm going to be coming down from Bellingham by bus so it'd be nice to hang out with some goons before and after the show.)

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Sarah Silverman did the same joke a few years ago in Jesus Is Magic.

It's just an easy joke to make when you hear the numbers 9 and 11 now. Even Carlos Mencia could come up with it on his own.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

I was there and it was pretty great. You miss Brett doing a Gelmania bit though, which might have made me laugh the hardest.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I really love Bob Obenkirk on this show. I finally got around to listening to the last half-hour fo the show, and the first attempt at that knock-knock joke absolutely slayed me, and I couldn't tell you why.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Julet Esqu posted:

I don't remember exactly who the second person was. Lil Wayne, maybe. But if you put their names together it sounds like Batman's Mexican butler; "Meester Wayne."

Thank you! That's what I thought it was at first, although I was totally blanking on Lil Wayne and could only think of David Wain as somebody with a last name that sounded like "Wayne" and I really doubted David Wain was presenting awards for MTV.

Deadpool posted:

It was actually from the Samberg/Pally episode last month.

That's the problem with jumping around between old episodes along with listening to the new ones, I guess.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I love Todd Glass's story in episode 116 about the guy saying "When I go to Queens I have a GOOD time!" His delivery of it every single time he says it kills me.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Dorepoll posted:

Besser is an incredible improviser. He is never heard stalling or stammering, and his wit is just so fast and so sharp. Except "pulled Bjork sandwich".

Besser is a loving legend, and his own podcast is on par with CBB and even better some weeks -- though each show has its own distinct vibe. Anyone who reads this thread and doesn't listen to improv4humans should start immediately.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Worst Case Ontario posted:

I love Todd Glass's story in episode 116 about the guy saying "When I go to Queens I have a GOOD time!" His delivery of it every single time he says it kills me.

Thanks now that's going to be stuck in my head all day.

bobservo posted:

Besser is a loving legend, and his own podcast is on par with CBB and even better some weeks -- though each show has its own distinct vibe. Anyone who reads this thread and doesn't listen to improv4humans should start immediately.

I was wary about I4H at first because I'd never heard of a lot of the people on it. But then I finally listened to it and I realized Besser is so good at playing to his guest's strengths and minimizing their weaknesses that it's always good show no matter who is on. He's just awesome.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 25, 2012

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

I always say "When I go to queens I have a GOOD time!" when I'm just driving around in my car, it's fun to say.

bobservo posted:

Besser definitely makes it work, though a lot of times the guests are pretty lovely so you only get one or two good improvs in a show. Either way watch Freak Dance, it's ridiculous.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

ElCondemn posted:

Either way watch Freak Dance, it's ridiculous.

Is that out on DVD/BD yet? I want to see it so bad.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Once you seen him do this live, his podcast rendition is almost restrained in comparison. Seriously, go to his live show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Is that out on DVD/BD yet? I want to see it so bad.

At freakdance.com it shows you all the ways you can get it, but they're wrong about it being on netflix. It's been in the saved section of my queue forever.

And its imdb rating is 3.4 but for once I don't care about the rating or reviews. Still want to see it.