Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

I've read the whole thread and what I just can't grasp is why any of you hung out with these people. Like you can write the story with obvious hindsight and understanding of how utterly pathetic and awful these people are,... but why did you stand them for even a moment? I mean thank you so much for the stories but I really hope you've all learned to stop associating with these types by now.

Yeah, I don't put up with crazy anymore. When I was younger, I was pretty desperate to make friends. Like I said, I literally had one friend growing up, and while she was and still is a totally cool person, her and I didn't really have that much in common except for a lovely home life. I needed people to do stuff with, plain and simple, and anyone willing to be my friend and play video games, and watch anime, and draw and talk about writing stories and play pretend in the park--well, hot drat, step right up, crazy person or no. I couldn't be choosy.

See, I'm pretty sure there's someone out there who has a weird story about me. I don't have any illusions about being the "weird kid" growing up. I mean, granted, kids are sometimes just plain mean--people shouldn't have ostracized me, for instance, for wearing thrift store clothes, or for my sister running away from home, or my mom being a loving weirdo, etc. There was no reason to not talk to me, or pick on me, for that kind of poo poo.

But I'm sure there were other things I did or said that people found weird. I was really acerbic, I didn't like people touching me (I went to a school with a lot of touchy-feely people--"cuddle puddles" were A Thing That Existed), and I was vegetarian, and then vegan eventually, and at the time, I was a teenager, so I was really, really vocal about all my little quirks and beliefs. I was also an atheist in a school full of Christians and Catholics, as well as bisexual in a school full of people with the "straight or gay" mentality.

Basically, I was a weird loving kid and no one wanted to be my friend. Also, I punched a kid in 3rd grade for looking up my skirt one too many times, and after that, everyone thought I was violent, too (I went to school with pretty much the same group of kids almost my whole life, 'cause I always lived in the same county).

tl;dr: Hey, I was weird, too.

Corridor posted:

Oh, I didn't mean you should forgo real life or anything. It's just sometimes not many people reply to a story, and people think they aren't being read so they don't post more stories.

:) I figured. I was joking. Her visit was awesome and I wouldn't have sat at my computer for any of it.

don longjohns fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Baronjutter posted:

The worst I got was willingly going to an "anime club". Me and my friends were all pretty nerdy but one look at the people at the club and I knew something was very wrong. I was a nerd, they were nerds, but there was something clearly very off with everyone there. I had never seen people who dressed or spoke how they did and I had horrible feeling of dread, that if I looked into this social void long enough it would look back at me.

I've had this exact same experience before, too. Of course, I too must confess to being a tremendous nerd in that I enjoyed anime, Japanese, video games, and what have you. When I walked into that anime club though... The best way I can describe that feeling is one part existential dread (as you said) and another part... Well, I felt like I was somehow cooler than everyone in the room. That moment dawned upon me when I fought back my dread, sat down with them, and tried to watch a show. Everyone laughed at some moment that was distinctly not funny, and they continued to do so for the entirety of the meeting.

I left and never came back. I stuck to clubs that accentuated other aspects of my nerdiness, namely Model United Nations.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I can't quite understand some of the people in this thread that type out these long stories of the crazy people they've known who believed they were married to anime characters, molested by ancient demons, dressed like every day was costume contest, etc...and then follow it with something like "But I'm just a half-vampire and I know magic spells"

Can you give a specific example? I recall seeing one "I guess I'm an animist" and a few "I won't rule out the possibility of sparkle-daemons existing, but I don't believe I am one (anymore)," but not quite what you're describing.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

I can't quite understand some of the people in this thread that type out these long stories of the crazy people they've known who believed they were married to anime characters, molested by ancient demons, dressed like every day was costume contest, etc...and then follow it with something like "But I'm just a half-vampire and I know magic spells"

Like the above poster, is there anyone who actually said that? I read this whole thread and I don't remember seeing it.

If you think that was me, then I suggest you re-read what I wrote because I think you misunderstood.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

RoeCocoa posted:

Can you give a specific example? I recall seeing one "I guess I'm an animist" and a few "I won't rule out the possibility of sparkle-daemons existing, but I don't believe I am one (anymore)," but not quite what you're describing.

I was paraphrasing of course. And there are 117 pages in this thread, I'm not going to start reading it all over again to provide examples, but you're more than welcome to yourself. It's definitely happened a few times in this thread and there have been plenty of threads in Ask/Tell and E/N that have the same theme. Little Miss RKO is somewhat of an example, though much less severe than someone like the guy who insisted he had a demon named Lucy Goosey living in his head while calling bullshit on other people claiming supernatural abilities.

Guesticles posted:

The Lucy Goosy thing was a whole other thread. And I think a gimmick/troll.

Which is why I said "...plenty of threads in Ask/Tell and E/N..."

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 1, 2012

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:
The Lucy Goosy thing was a whole other thread. And I think a gimmick/troll.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
There was that guy that believed he was an alien dragon that ended up going to make an A/T thread at the urging of people here, and then got banned (or probated? I don't remember). That's the only one that's coming to mind, honestly.

edit: His posts here in this thread, as well as the Ask/Tell thread, Ask me how I fathered 16 Space Dragons.

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 1, 2012

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Little Miss RKO posted:

Like the above poster, is there anyone who actually said that? I read this whole thread and I don't remember seeing it.

If you think that was me, then I suggest you re-read what I wrote because I think you misunderstood.

You did open a post with a statement on how you believe in psychic powers.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

You did open a post with a statement on how you believe in psychic powers.

Thank you. And how he continues to believe in saccharine vampires even if he hasn't seen proof of them.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

LuiCypher posted:

I've had this exact same experience before, too. Of course, I too must confess to being a tremendous nerd in that I enjoyed anime, Japanese, video games, and what have you. When I walked into that anime club though... The best way I can describe that feeling is one part existential dread (as you said) and another part... Well, I felt like I was somehow cooler than everyone in the room. That moment dawned upon me when I fought back my dread, sat down with them, and tried to watch a show. Everyone laughed at some moment that was distinctly not funny, and they continued to do so for the entirety of the meeting.

I left and never came back. I stuck to clubs that accentuated other aspects of my nerdiness, namely Model United Nations.

Hahaha this is exactly what happened to us. We thought we were the bottom of barrel, we were nerds. But no, we were at the bottom of the normal people barrel, which is just.. nerdy normal people. There's a whole sub-barrel of human waste, and walking into this rented university auditorium was passing through the hidden gateway to it. Then the anime started and the random hysterical laughter at not at all funny things occurred. Even if I liked the cartoon the laughter and audience ruined it. At this point the internet was starting to be a place you can get videos from, and a cool video store opened up that carried just about any anime you wanted to see, so we stopped going and maybe a year after all grew out of anime all together.

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

That drat Satyr posted:

There was that guy that believed he was an alien dragon that ended up going to make an A/T thread at the urging of people here, and then got banned (or probated? I don't remember). That's the only one that's coming to mind, honestly.

edit: His posts here in this thread, as well as the Ask/Tell thread, Ask me how I fathered 16 Space Dragons.

Rorac was initially probated for 30 days, then let off probation to make the Otherkin A/T, and then banned when only real information being gained from the thread was they might be functional, but they are also lead-paint crazy. That thread also was instrumental in the creation of :smaug:

I think the only other person they might be refering to is DeseretRain. Who had legit issues from childhood, and got banned for other reasons.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

moerketid posted:

EDIT I remembered a second amusing part of this story that I figured to add in. When "Jon" showed up at the hotel door demanding his money back, we told him no. It quickly devolved into "We NEED that money because without it we can't eat or live and Ashley can't get to work! You don't know what you're DOING to us!". This was repeated over and over, and further posted on the internet and bitched about to their friends, that we hosed them over because they couldn't afford to live because we didn't give them back their cash (I told him he couldn't have it back because they were essentially leaving all the other people in the room short on budget, due to their own ill-preparedness, their own decision to leave for no good reason and refusal to discuss the issue: ergo repayments would be discussed AFTER the con).

Now these guys as mentioned above knew full well how much the room would be, we talked about it at dinner days before the convention, there was an IM log of it, that was no question. They drove all the way from Tennessee to Georgia to an expensive convention, in an expensive 4* downtown hotel in an expensive city. They had to eat and drive back home. How on earth were they meant to live after....yeah I just don't even. :bang:

God, yes, I forgot that part too. Not only that, I know in the short time they WERE at the con, she spent a fair penny on commissions from people as well. The only think I can figure in my head is they only realized after they had got there that there was absolutely no way to budget the con and still make it by the rest of the month, and decided to bail and cause a scene for their money back and go home.

The best part is that if that was truly the case and they had been honest about it, we would have worked it out with them and gotten them paid back so things would have been ok.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

That drat Satyr posted:

God, yes, I forgot that part too. Not only that, I know in the short time they WERE at the con, she spent a fair penny on commissions from people as well. The only think I can figure in my head is they only realized after they had got there that there was absolutely no way to budget the con and still make it by the rest of the month, and decided to bail and cause a scene for their money back and go home.

The best part is that if that was truly the case and they had been honest about it, we would have worked it out with them and gotten them paid back so things would have been ok.

Yeah even without seeing this edit, this was the only explanation that made sense to me.

Axiom I. I am not an idiot/immature/irresponsible fuckup/[insert whichever noun is most tied to my self-esteem].

Corollary Ia. I would not gently caress up my own financial situation through my own idiocy, by forgetting to do the math or to gather relevant information.

Corollary Ib. I did not do the above.

Axiom II. My financial situation is hosed.

Conclusion: It's someone else's fault.

I don't have much experience with crazy people so I could be wrong, but I don't think a minor monetary annoyance would occasion this level of cognitive dissonance. It seems like it'd take at least a minor crisis to threaten your self esteem this severely. And short of that I don't see how you get all this.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
A brief story -

A Failure to Brand

I was working one summer at a crappy telemarketing job for some extra cash. Between answering machines I struck up a conversation with a girl with dyed hair in the next cube. She brought up that she was a juggalo, but since she seemed pretty chill about it I asked her what was up with that. She went on about how it was some philosophy of understanding and acceptance; basic mindless "love and peace" crap.

Since we had a bit of rapport, I then asked her about the noticeable markings on her arms; a tattoo on one and a large burn scar on the other. The tattoo was a mediocre balloon-font word "Shotz". She told me it was her nickname during her bar-hopping, heavy-drinking days. Fair enough.

The scar was a much different beast. Apparently her uncle was also a juggalo, and had died in a car accident. At his funeral the family decided they wanted to do something as a memorial. So they took one of those running-guy-with-hatchet medallions, heated it up with a lighter, and attempted to pick it up with needle-nose pliers and push it unto her arm. Obviously that didn't work very well, and she ended up with a large burn patch with a vaguely recognizable outline of the hatchet guy.

RalAegidius
Nov 12, 2004

It's a crow. In a box.

Baronjutter posted:

The worst I got was willingly going to an "anime club". Me and my friends were all pretty nerdy but one look at the people at the club and I knew something was very wrong. I was a nerd, they were nerds, but there was something clearly very off with everyone there.

My husband and I are both geeks. Although we are the socially well-adjusted variety, being in "fandom" and going to cons has resulted in contact with lots of other geeks of varying levels of normalcy.

My husband observes that there is a very distinct and prominent streak of mental illness in fandom. Once you've been around a few such people, you can spot it immediately. The true crazies are still a small minority, but a larger proportion of fandom than of the general population. Also, the nature of fandom causes these people to be tolerated rather than ostracized or called out on their poo poo.

For the most part, they are to be pitied, because untreated mental illness is very sad, and it is obvious that a lot of these folks are profoundly unhappy in their lives. There are, however, a few who move into the realm of "genuine rear end in a top hat", such as the people who sexually grope strangers. "Do not touch other people on their private parts against their will" is not a difficult lesson to learn, even for total :spergin:

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

McNerd posted:

Yeah even without seeing this edit, this was the only explanation that made sense to me.

Axiom I. I am not an idiot/immature/irresponsible fuckup/[insert whichever noun is most tied to my self-esteem].

Corollary Ia. I would not gently caress up my own financial situation through my own idiocy, by forgetting to do the math or to gather relevant information.

Corollary Ib. I did not do the above.

Axiom II. My financial situation is hosed.

Conclusion: It's someone else's fault.

I don't have much experience with crazy people so I could be wrong, but I don't think a minor monetary annoyance would occasion this level of cognitive dissonance. It seems like it'd take at least a minor crisis to threaten your self esteem this severely. And short of that I don't see how you get all this.

Well, to be entirely fair I didn't find out until after the 'first' time she stopped speaking to me that apparently Jon (the fiance) had been paying her ~$350 a month car payment literally since he met her. As in, she bought the brand new car (Hyundai Tiburon) in 2003, and he met her in 2004 and immediately began paying for it before they ever met in real life (she being from TN and he from PA, they met on some fandom dating LiveJournal). Also, mind that he has literally never worked a day in is life, is ~35 years old, and they presently live in the attic of his parent's garage. He draws disability benefits, and is a welfare queen in every sense of the word.

I wasn't going to share this, but then after looking at it again, it's just too funny not to. This is Moerketid's rendition of Jon:

Did I mention that he's also claimed in the past that he wants to be a woman? Well, he wants to be a woman, too. I guess that makes my ex-friend a lesbian or something, I honestly don't know how these things work.

At any rate, 'Ashley' was never good with money for as long as I ever knew her, and would often come to visit and I would end up footing the bill for everything we did/ate the entire weekend because it was all she could manage to do to afford fuel to get there and back. I put up with it because I was so starved for social interaction that it didn't seem like a big deal. Though in retrospect she did always talk about buying tons of Gundam Wing wallscrolls and crap, so I guess that's where all of her money went.

Another sad but sort-of funny anecdote: I was snooping around her art page and noticed where she had posted a journal several months ago about holding a raffle to try and get money to buy a new computer. The stipulations was that anyone could enter for free, but if you donated $5 you got a sketch and also got your name entered 1 time for ever $1 you donated, with the grand prize being some full color piece from her. Several journals later, she posts that she bought her ~$1200 computer and she'll be doing the raffle draw, then immediately next journal is the full list of entrants and the screenshot of the random number generator of the winner.

There were four entries in her raffle, and none of them were donors. :rimshot: I can only guess that Jon footed the bill for that as well.

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 1, 2012

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Thank you. And how he continues to believe in saccharine vampires even if he hasn't seen proof of them.

I said I've seen no evidence of it, and for all I know vampirism is a legit thing that benefits some people. Never intended to say I "believe" vampires exist. There are people who legitimately drink blood, which is a fact. The part I don't really buy is the real physical benefits they believe they get from it that can't be obtained through a proper diet or seeing a doctor.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I don't really mean much offense by it, but it was kinda funny that the only way your first story was a Creepy Weirdo Story was if you believe that the woman was genuinely stealing magical energies by being a dick. Otherwise it was just some lady being a bit rude at a party.

I made that sarcastic post about the mental powers afterwards but you posted another cool story so I'm not going to piss on anyone who posts content.

But it is a little funny that you basically posted 'So I believe I have physic powers and also that vampirism is more than just some nutters. Let me tell you about a crazy lady who stole peoples mindenergy without asking!'

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I don't really mean much offense by it, but it was kinda funny that the only way your first story was a Creepy Weirdo Story was if you believe that the woman was genuinely stealing magical energies by being a dick. Otherwise it was just some lady being a bit rude at a party.

I made that sarcastic post about the mental powers afterwards but you posted another cool story so I'm not going to piss on anyone who posts content.

But it is a little funny that you basically posted 'So I believe I have physic powers and also that vampirism is more than just some nutters. Let me tell you about a crazy lady who stole peoples mindenergy without asking!'

I didn't actually claim to have psychic powers (re-read the story, I believed I did).

And as for the second part, it was a room full of people claiming she was draining us. ;) The woman herself never said that.

And there's nothing wrong with pointing out something that looks funny. I have a sense of humor about how dumb I was, and fully acknowledge that I'm lucky to look and act normal at all at this point in my life. Hell, go read my first two posts way earlier in this thread for a good summary of how I used to be.

ANYWAY, I'll try to remember some more interesting stuff and post another one tonight!

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Okay, I've decided to post about my encounter with a local anime group. I found it on the internet, and put off visiting their meeting place for a while because it was kind of in a rough part of town. (I later found out that that particular neighborhood helped inspire David Lynch's Eraserhead.)

I had trouble finding the place, and was about to give up until two otaku-types showed up. It turned out that the apartment was on the side of a much larger building- I would never have found it on my own.

When I got inside, I found out that this was no mere otaku apartment- it was more like an otaku hive, with four or five people living there. The first room had a large space set aside for making costumes, and a bunch of clumps of dirt on the floor. The walls had anime fanart on them. The main room had five or six bookcases full of anime DVDs and manga. The only "regular" books in evidence were a bunch of licensed novels. A large glass case contained figurines of anime girls in various states of undress, and there were wallscrolls everywhere (many of them featuring provocative pictures of anime girls). If I had been living there, I would have spent some money on fixing the exposed insulation, but what do I know?

And the people there- one of the people who lived there looked like a younger, fedora-ed George R. R. Martin. One of the guests looked like a less handsome version of children's author Daniel Pinkwater. Another was a young woman who looked remarkably out of place- I later figured out that she was there as a social navigator for a young man on the autism spectrum. I knew that there was something wrong when I was one of the least awkward people there.

I had brought my Squid Girl DVDs with me, and suggested that we watch them. One of the other guys there wondered aloud at what she could do with her tentacles in doujinshi. I left shortly after we finished watching the first episode.

The entire experience was just awkward as hell, and I knew that I couldn't relate to these people even though I enjoy anime. Later, I found an anime meetup group that was meeting in a local diner, and I went there and had a decent time (the creepers there were in the minority)- however, that meetup group was taken over by the first group shortly afterwards.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

You're crazy as heck RKO, but you're alright by me dude. You're alright by me.

I think, given the way the thread is going, I might be able to post some more stories about my insane otaku first-major-girlfriend who was absolutely batshit insane and would spend an eternity telling me about her fantasy worlds where she'd gently caress fictional characters. I may have you all beat for 'Strangest Character To Want to gently caress'. I'll open with that one tomorrow.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

RalAegidius posted:

My husband observes that there is a very distinct and prominent streak of mental illness in fandom.
What I find really tragic is many of these people are very treatable through social therapies and so forth, typically it's your confused 15 year old feeling all gawky and unsure of themselves at high school who latch onto some ultra-geeky past time as it feels non conformist.

Most people grew out of it in their early 20's, even the really weird ones. Also contributing is the fact geek culture isn't seen as social suicide nowadays so there wasn't as much pressure to be different for the sake of it.

The mental illness fits in perfectly as it's got a greater stigma than proclaiming your marriage to Domo-Kun. If anything it drives you to really seek out some alternate way to connect to society, so where better than within groups that openly accept fantasy worlds.

Furries and Otherkin are particularly sad to see as it's clear they've gotten into a niche where their self-esteem and self worth has been shot to buggery. So it's little surprise they've latched onto a group that encourages you to create a new you that's completely of your own choosing, such as animals that represent power or elegance or whatever they perceive they're not.
I see much of the desire to create cuddly mascot suits stemming from a want of intimacy combined with the assumption they're cursed as to not have people be attracted to them - but of course attracted to a character inspired from Disney cartoons in the hopes that it equals automatic hugs.

It's an attempt to greatly simplify social challenges by putting more effort on creating an outward appearance. I'm reminded of that bit from "How to win friends" where Carnegie notes a woman at a party who's dripping in jewelery but is unable to hold a meaningful conversation. There's actually nothing stopping you going balls out with a personal style, but not at the cost of your personality.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

You're crazy as heck RKO, but you're alright by me dude. You're alright by me.

RKO is cool. S/he is our token crazy, the one who doesn't hang out with all the other crazies because they are just *too* crazy. Don't lump RKO in with the dragon dude, he was just sad.

I hope the lady who posted about all the Liz stories comes back. She was fun and had illustrations. :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Let this be a lesson, future crazy people. RKO is your danger-line. You can be AS crazy as RKO without worry, but any more, and you'll show up as a story in this thread, not a poster.

:pseudo:

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
I always end up as the one giving people advice, so that may have helped turn me towards logic. I didn't want to see my best friend turn into a weeaboo, so promptly took her under my wing. She thanks me to this day.

I also explained to her exactly why her ex was full of poo poo when he told her he was a vampire. They dated before I met her, but apparently he was claiming to be from some clan in Vampire: The Masquerade. Even though that was still in my vampire phase, I still knew he was full of RPG poo poo. Even if my logic at the time was, "Bullshit, vampires don't have 'clans'. I should know. :smug:"

My best friend also believed for a while that she was a vampire or other supernatural being, because her eyes were incredibly sensitive, her skin were severely allergic to the sun, and she got horrible hives from touching silver.

Know what those can also be a sign of?

She was diagnosed with Lyme Disease a few years later, treated, and now has no problems! We still call ourselves dumb sometimes.

ANYWAY, you guys would rather hear about more crazy! Here's a small one, but not as interesting as most other peoples' stories.

I really wish I could draw a picture of Ronda, but if I did any Chicagoons that cosplay would instantly recognize her, I'm afraid.

Ronda had a weird relationship with yaoi. Weird in the sense that she would read it, and would even read stories containing m-preg, or Yami/Yugi pairings (technically the same person I think?), but she was very, very, very Christian and anti-gay. She once specifically told me about refusing to be friends with someone once they came out as bi. And was offended that her ex-friend was upset by that.

Because of this, she figured the story would be ok if she just skipped over all the lines containing actual smut and just pretended it was a story where two of the characters were gay men (or pregnant gay men).

Yugi would also call Yami "aibou", which I think means soul-mate. Guess what she called me for a while?

This is all while her scary mom absolutely hated Yu-Gi-Oh because it contains "tarot cards".

Other shows her mom banned her from include Card Captor Sakura, and Sailor Moon.

Speaking of her mother...

Ronda hated popping zits, so her mom and brother would "help" by holding her down while she protested, and pop it for her.

Her mother would also wash her hair for her once a week. Yes, her hair was thick, but I think even at mid-back length it's pretty easy to manage alone. Especially by the time you're 16. Her mom also washed her face for her doing this, saying, "God gave you good skin! Stop wasting it!"

PS: I'm a she. ;D Doesn't stop guys from asking me weird questions about their balls though... (short story, and doesn't apply to this thread)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Little Miss RKO posted:

She was diagnosed with Lyme Disease a few years later, treated, and now has no problems! We still call ourselves dumb sometimes.
I think this is the first time one of these stories has been because of an untreated physical illness.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Colon V posted:

I think this is the first time one of these stories has been because of an untreated physical illness.

Even in the crazy real vampire forums, anytime a newbie made an "am I a vampire" thread, the first posts were basically, "Have you seen a doctor yet? Cuz you should get that checked out first before assuming..."

Not that a 15 year old would listen to that advice, but the thought was there.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Little Miss RKO posted:

Even in the crazy real vampire forums, anytime a newbie made an "am I a vampire" thread, the first posts were basically, "Have you seen a doctor yet? Cuz you should get that checked out first before assuming..."

Not that a 15 year old would listen to that advice, but the thought was there.

I didn't know Lyme Disease made you allergic to silver. :psyduck: I wonder if that might have contributed to vampire mythology in the past.

Although I hadn't heard of the light sensitivity either. I have a friend with Lyme and he just developed horrible muscular pain.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Corridor posted:

I didn't know Lyme Disease made you allergic to silver. :psyduck: I wonder if that might have contributed to vampire mythology in the past.

Although I hadn't heard of the light sensitivity either. I have a friend with Lyme and he just developed horrible muscular pain.

I think it just made her skin super sensitive overall. Lame disease is super freaky so I don't know all the caveats of how it shows itself. She still twitches when I touch a specific spot behind her ear. We had werewolf theories back then too...

It could just be a coincidence, but if it was, it was drat good timing that her sensitivity and allergy stopped once the Lyme was treated.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Well, I promised a story or two, so here we go.

Disclaimer; I was a really hosed up kid. I had a really hosed up home life, really hosed up school life and in general, socially, I never really developed till mid-way through collage with a concentrated force of effort and help from some awesome people. Even now I actually sometimes feel guilty for leaving this person because of how messed up I was back then. Bare this in mind while you wonder how the hell I stayed with this person for almost 2 years.

I kinda avoided talking about Christine in my previous stories, choosing instead to talk about Pax, the Goku of our times, and another girlfriend. I didn't avoid it out of some respect for the girl, more more out of genuine fear of the woman. I did tell the one story of her pretending to be possessed by some inner spirit who protects her during arguments, but by and large, I never talk about Christine.

This is because Christine is/was batshit. When I went out with her, having friends wasn't allowed. You see, being bisexual, that means everyone and everything is a romantic interest in my eyes, and everyone is perverted anyway, which is terrible. And merely being around other women is, well, far too much for me to handle and is practically cheating on her. More than once she'd hunt me down on some forum I'd been posting to, get really pissed off, spam the boards and have screaming raging fits with people for hours on end about how they're all perverted evil monsters.

This was ironic, because Christine was the most sexual hosed up person I've ever met, and that is saying a bit.

Lets start with the genesis of the thread, Christine too believed in magically otherworlds where animes are real. But her theory stretched out to all fiction. If it was written down in some way, it was real. Christine also believed she was some fated ruler of one of these worlds and had an alternative-self called Skylar. Skylar was the queen of some magic realm where animes existed but she was imprisoned and got raped every night by characters from various TV shows, Movies, Animes, so far so ordinary, right? WRONG.

See, Christine didn't get raped by Sephiroph or anything like that, no, during the time I dated her, she had 3 'boyfriends' or, as I called them, Assailants.

No.1

This motherfucker, Buggy the clown from One Piece. I never ever watched the show but apparently this dude would break into Skylars magical cloud castle and rape the hell out of her, nightly. This was actually how I found out about the whole raping deal. I asked her once why she had a picture of this freaking anime-clown on her desk and she very calmly explained that Skylar was currently seeing him. This eventually gave way to her talking about how the world was actually like the neverending story but with rapeclowns.

Buggy was also the first time I got to see Christine's yaoi-porn that she drew. Despite having a computer in her room and a connection to the net, she'd never seen a dick, so all of her characters (which were always the guy currently raping Skylar, remember this.) had these very odd deformed dicks with incredible proportions and no testicles at all. Also she couldn't draw for poo poo but promised that one day, these comics would be worth millions. You never want to see a drawing of a clown raping some dude with some kind of kitchen implement stabbed into his flabby groin, let me tell you that.

No.2

This is the one that beats all. For the longest time, for seriously like, half the time I knew Christine, this was Skylars main squeeze. She drew endless deformed spoondicked comics about men getting buttfucked by Syndrome from The Incredibles. She actually told me once that if it came down to it, she'd pick Syndrome over me. I lack the power over the English Language to explain exactly how much Christine loved Syndrome. Syndrome was apparently a rough lover too, because every time I'd see Christine looking a bit tired or whatever, I'd ask whats up and find that Syndrome had been raping Skylar all night again.

There's not much more to tell about Syndrome, other than I've never heard of a more insane cartooncrush in my life.

No.3

Bryan

Bryan was, in the end, the reason we broke up. Bryan was Skylars husband, I think. He was also a rapist possessive fictional entity that lived in Christines head and she gave him life by writing his name all the time in her notebooks. One day she confided in me that Bryan is why she split up with all of her boyfriends (She'd only had one other. A tall stinky weirdo called Greg who spent all day in this hobocoat and never bathed, ever, for the 5 years I attended my school), and Bryan wasn't liking me much more either.

I have a few more stories about Christine, but they are mostly tidbits, if anyone wants to know more about each one, just ask;
  • Christine spent a long time one week convincing my uncle that I'd lied to her about stealing his motobike and crashing it for reasons unclear to me.
  • Christine stole my ebay account and bought $3000 worth of anime shirts and figures and poo poo. Being that I was 15, said account was connected to my grandparents bank account. Being a stupid 15 year old, I lied about that and still feel like a dickhead about it. I managed to cancel a bunch of it and over the years paid them back.
  • Christine once convinced a guy that I had stolen his boyfriend, then used him to track me down online and steal my email address.
  • They both then used my email address to try and gently caress with my then current girlfriend, because she was evil and I was cheating on Christine. Even though we hadn't been dating in nearly 6 months at that point
  • One month Christine spent literally every penny she had on poky and DMC manga.
  • She's now a weird sonic furry cosplayer, I think.
  • She's also a strong anti-porn advocate despite all the yaoi she still draws
  • She also hates women and is disgusted by boobs.

God some of this is actually just depressing because of how obvious that plenty of it is just untreated mental illness and her own massive crippling social problems.

I know some of this is temporally confusing, but basically I started dating Christine when I was 15, We broke up when I was 17, she moved away soon after and the whole email hacking thing happened just before my 18th.

Sorry for the massive post, if I remember more I'll let you guys know.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I want to see a rough depiction of what she thought a dick looked like, I don't know if this thread has broken me to the point where asking for that seems like a good idea.

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

No.2

This is the one that beats all. For the longest time, for seriously like, half the time I knew Christine, this was Skylars main squeeze. She drew endless deformed spoondicked comics about men getting buttfucked by Syndrome from The Incredibles. She actually told me once that if it came down to it, she'd pick Syndrome over me. I lack the power over the English Language to explain exactly how much Christine loved Syndrome. Syndrome was apparently a rough lover too, because every time I'd see Christine looking a bit tired or whatever, I'd ask whats up and find that Syndrome had been raping Skylar all night again.

There's not much more to tell about Syndrome, other than I've never heard of a more insane cartooncrush in my life.

:suspense:
That's... wow.

quote:

I have a few more stories about Christine, but they are mostly tidbits, if anyone wants to know more about each one, just ask;

To quote Arnold: All.

Anyone feel like capturing "Just tell us all the crazy; don't ask for permission, assume we want to know everything, post it already" in a gif for an :animeguys: emoticon?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Guesticles posted:

To quote Arnold: All.
Anyone feel like capturing "Just tell us all the crazy; don't ask for permission, assume we want to know everything, post it already" in a gif for an :animeguys: emoticon?

I'm usually the guy posting that, but to be honest those are all the stories right there. I meant it more like, if you have any questions, go ahead and ask.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I'm usually the guy posting that, but to be honest those are all the stories right there. I meant it more like, if you have any questions, go ahead and ask.
I've gotta hear about the "disgusted by boobs" thing.

Because this is starting to sound like she's denied her own possible bi/homosexuality so hard, it's exploding violently in all directions.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

So in two years of dating, she never saw your dick even once? Jesus Christ at least crazy people can be crazy in bed too.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Well, she'd talk about how much she loved some anime guys whatever endlessly, she loved talking about gay guys and would ask me all sorts of things because, as a bi male, I was the closest thing she had to a gay friend.

So one time I thought I'd join in and mention how ladies are pretty too. I was talking for a short while, not even paying much attention to her (I was playing video games with her doing other stuff in the room). Took me a while to realize she'd shut up entirely and was curled up in a ball, she turned to me and pleaded with me to stop talking about boobs because they disgusted her. Talking about balls was fine after I explained the anatomical problems with her drawings, but boobs were just a huge no-no.

It tied in to her idea that most women were perverted, which is the worst thing to be in Christine's mind, or it was her being upset because I wasn't talking about her or I'd implied I wasn't solely and entirely and exclusively physically attracted to her. Which reminds me of another story I'll write up later.

Edit; Never saw my dick? She never actually wanted to do any sort of physical intimacy. She hated kissing, hated hugging and the one time she touched my pants she went to go wash her hands afterwards. She was also big on the No Sex Before Marriage deal so...She did eventually learn what dicks looked like mostly through me going 'No, no not quite like that.'

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That doesn't do a lot to disprove my theory.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

~Soulbonding~

I am going to feel horribly guilty about posting this one, mostly because I still have this person as a kinda-internet aquaintence. I've not seen her in years, or spoken to her conversationally in years, so I am very out the loop with her crazy, but I do know it's still very much continuing and pretty much exactly the same as it was.

I will point out though, awful as all this sounds, she is actually okay to talk to in real life. She's a nice enough person, and it's very very hard to actually relate that to who she "really" is.

I'll call this person Linda. I met Linda originally at a therianthropy meet about 10 years ago, I guess most of you know what this is, but the definition has kinda spread over the years to include a bit more crazy than it did at the time. At the time it was mostly people who believed they were reincarnated animals or shared their bodies with an animal spirit. I had taken an interest in it because I felt, to put it in the most precise vague terms, "more animal than human" i.e. related better to animals than people. I would shortly realise most of the people there would either drop the concept like a rock, as I did, or were batshit, but I digress. Linda was not a therian, she was an otherkin, but she came along because she thought it'd be interesting.

Linda was a dragon, from another planet, I can't recall how that worked. She was also an indigo child. This is the sanest part. I thought this was pretty crazy at the time because I could deal with people believing they were a reincarnated animal, that seemed not really beyond the bounds of any mainstream religion, but interplanetary magical dragons were not in the scope of what I was prepared to accept. All the same she was a nice person and we didn't really talk about the dragons so that was the important thing. Linda found a very nice boyfriend who wasn't involved in this stuff, and he moved hundreds of miles to be with her.

Then a particular semi-hit movie featuring vampires was released, and things took a turn for the worse. Linda had an obsession with it, a deep deep unhealthy obsession. Then the term Soulbonding came up. Suddenly, Linda had the main character Soulbonded to her, another soul living inside her body, capable of controlling her body and "fronting", suddenly a whole new personality who had "always lain dormant" - and now with wants, needs (many needs), desires and emotions all of her own. Vampire was the movie character exactly, from the movie universe, with the history of the character and much more fan history including rape and abuse (which was now a Big Trigger and Huge Issue for Linda, who went on a crusade against the rape triggers of her headmate and began posting extensively in rape/sexual assault surviver communities). New personality needed her own email accounts, Livejournals, WoW accounts, everything. Paid of course. Trouble started to set in as Vampire began to have her own sexual preferences.

Vampire hated Linda's boyfriend. Now I poo poo you not, the guy was honest to god so loving of that girl and worshipped the ground she walked on. He was torn apart by watching this and had no clue what to do except try to keep her happy. "Vampire" hated him and verbally abused him at every turn, then decided she needed her own romantic and sexual partners. He was distressed, and at first said no - he couldn't bear the thought of his girlfriend sleeping with other people. "Both" of them threw massive, epic shitfits at him in real life and online (documented in extensive detail in the Livejournals of Linda, Vampire and Boyfriend) until he relented. Linda and Vampire went through a string of short, volatile relationships with generally very disturbed men and women (some of them aged into their 50s but with young anime Soulbonds - Linda would be around 18-20 at the time), basically cheating on the boyfriend over and over while he sat at home not knowing what to do, comforting Linda when she came back crying over her latest lovely experience of travelling cross country to have sex with an internet creeper. Vampire would still have hate and ragefits at him whenever he did anything they perceived as in the least restrictive.

Over this time, more Soulbonds appeared, including more characters from the movie, some anime characters and so on. Some of them could take over Linda's body and some couldn't, mostly they would be faddy - she'd see a series, get a soulbond, it'd be a big thing for a month or three then drift to obscurity, relegated to a list. She was constantly involved in internet drama with other Soulbonders, especially other people who said they Soulbonded her vampire character. Her boyfriend was at breaking point, and those who knew them both (like me) did their best to comfort and support him as his life fell apart around him. He took a difficult decision and split with her, moving back to his hometown half way down the country. This was after 4 difficult and mostly highly abusive years of his life.

This continued on pretty much on the same path, though the frequent new explosive relationships have seemingly stopped. She had another relationship of a few years with a guy who moved from Europe to be with her and who she drained dry of all his cash and self-respect before dumping (though I gather he was a bit of a loser anyway). She took up the Kemetic Orthodox religion and became seriously into that, becoming a high priestess or something else super important after a shockingly short time (i.e. 4 months or so), eroding any credibility that group ever might have had. They seem to have lots of drama so she does well there.

And so it continues for Linda, now in her late 20s. She lives with her mother and has a care worker these days, and is diagnosed with serious autism of some kind.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

...She did eventually learn what dicks looked like mostly through me going 'No, no not quite like that.'

The mental image alone is hilarious. I imagine her proudly holding up her latest rendition, sure she's got it right this time, only to sigh, make a slight alteration in the next drawing, and hold it up again.

Also, how did she get access to your eBay and email accounts? :crossarms:

Anoia fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm noticing a theme with a lot of these crazies of being extremely sexually repressed to the point that being "raped" is the only way to explore any sort of sexuality.

• Locked thread