Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Scoobi posted:

Up to Episode 59. I have to say this one (Todd Glass, PFT, and Andy Daly) was loving hilarious. 58 was awful so I skipped it, but 57 was also killer. This 3 episode trip was like a poo poo sandwich made with artisan bread. 57 had James Adomian as the disgusting food critique that had Brian Posehn and Scott rolling. 58 was the hair metal band as a guest. 59 is August Lindt & and the subaru story. PFT and Andy Daly just make for a great would you rather.

Oh my god, when Scott asks August if he can stick around for 5 hours and he immediately says yes is maybe one of my favorite CBB moments ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Cast No Engine posted:

Rob Huebel episodes are always funny :colbert:

60 is one of the all-time greats in my book though, hope you enjoy it!

I love Huebel but I couldn't listen to that idiot band talk anymore :(

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Did the earwolf audio player stop working on everyone's phone at once or is it just me? Was just using it yesterday, now it just hangs on "audio player is loading" which I've never even seen before. Used to load right up instantly.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

dog poop n doritos posted:

Oh my god, when Scott asks August if he can stick around for 5 hours and he immediately says yes is maybe one of my favorite CBB moments ever.

That whole episode is loving amazing. One of my all-time favorites. "Wait, how big is your dog?" "Oh, about 6'2."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Trujillo posted:

Did the earwolf audio player stop working on everyone's phone at once or is it just me? Was just using it yesterday, now it just hangs on "audio player is loading" which I've never even seen before. Used to load right up instantly.

I had a problem with it trying to listen to last night's episode on my iPhone. Luckily I had already purchased Downcast on my iPad so I just redownloaded it on the phone and played it through there.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I had a problem with it trying to listen to last night's episode on my iPhone. Luckily I had already purchased Downcast on my iPad so I just redownloaded it on the phone and played it through there.

google listen plus cbb rss feed works perfectly too.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Scoobi posted:

Up to Episode 59. I have to say this one (Todd Glass, PFT, and Andy Daly) was loving hilarious. 58 was awful so I skipped it, but 57 was also killer. This 3 episode trip was like a poo poo sandwich made with artisan bread. 57 had James Adomian as the disgusting food critique that had Brian Posehn and Scott rolling. 58 was the hair metal band as a guest. 59 is August Lindt & and the subaru story. PFT and Andy Daly just make for a great would you rather.

I love 57, the "bluch" sound that Scott makes after every terrible adjective that Schindler uses alone had me laughing constantly, and the Would You Rather? in that one is great. I started listening at 119 and have been skipping around in the back catalogue since then and haven't heard 59 yet, I'll have to check that out.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Paul F. Tompkins is absolutely amazing.

Brat Sausageman: "Would you rather live back then? Or..."

Cake Boss: "YEAH."

Hot Saucerman: "ok."

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Not really about CBB but there's a bunch of CBB references if you look closely:

Reggie Watts on stand down: http://avc.lu/MG9fOC

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I cannot stand Merrill Schindler because he's so fuckin gross. He manages to make duck fat sound unappealing. DUCK FAT.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I cannot stand Merrill Schindler because he's so fuckin gross. He manages to make duck fat sound unappealing. DUCK FAT.

Guess who Adomian did at the show I went to :(

It's funny enough, but I mainly prefer other characters (that is: Huell Howser) because it's basically just Adomian talking about various food items and qualities. It didn't really give Scott or Besser much room to work with. The most interaction Scott had was messing with Adomian's fake mustache (which, admittedly, ruled)

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

xbilkis posted:

It's funny enough, but I mainly prefer other characters (that is: Huell Howser) because it's basically just Adomian talking about various food items and qualities. It didn't really give Scott or Besser much room to work with. The most interaction Scott had was messing with Adomian's fake mustache (which, admittedly, ruled)

HERE IN BEAUTIFUL MEXICO CITY, MEXICO, CALIFORNIA.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

HERE IN BEAUTIFUL MEXICO CITY, MEXICO, CALIFORNIA.

I have so much to show you, brother!

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I find PFT to be pretty hit or miss but Cake Boss killed me this time around.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

The second Chicago show is terrible. Gary Busey is Adomian's worst character, just a toned-down Ventura with lazy acronym jokes. And Phelps pretty much goes nowhere.

First show is good though. I know he's a divisive character but I always enjoy Shindler.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

JayMax posted:

Cake Boss

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

JayMax posted:

by this you obviously mean all his characters are hits and you miss him when he isn't around

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Mob posted:

by this you obviously mean all his characters are hits--

Yeah.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

PFT's characters are weird for me. I don't particularly like any of them, except maybe Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, but I still really enjoy all of PFT's appearances because I like him so much. I don't know if that makes any sense.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Conduit for Sale! posted:

PFT's characters are weird for me. I don't particularly like any of them, except maybe Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, but I still really enjoy all of PFT's appearances because I like him so much. I don't know if that makes any sense.

Makes sense to me - I think at least half the joke for a the characters he does is that it's him doing them. I prefer Garry Marshall myself though. I know it's just "generic yelling old man" but it gets me every time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Yeah, the show tends to be the best when PFT is around, regardless of character. I think it's because all of his characters just hate Scott so much.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Aug 1, 2012

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009
Sorry to break up the PFT fan chat 2k12 but I'm heading to Boston from Canada's Capital :canada: for the show because I'm bad with money. Is anyone else going to be at the boston show? I wouldn't mind meeting up with some CBB goons especially if they knew the area and could direct me and my two dumb friends to some sweet places to check out. We're flying down on saturday, so have a few days to kill in Boston.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
PFT is a really positive, happy go lucky, fun guest and can be extremely funny without cursing. I think all that combines to make any of his appearances pretty good.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Scoobi posted:

PFT is a really positive, happy go lucky, fun guest and can be extremely funny without cursing. I think all that combines to make any of his appearances pretty good.

"Hey Dick Clark, you loving idiot, go have another stroke." PFT curses every now and then, and his general restaint makes it even funnier when he does. I think cake boss also said he would hoot scott in the fuckin' head.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Yea I didn't mean to say he doesn't curse at all, but he doesn't have to be completely gross or curse a lot to get laughs.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Yeah, the bests guests, I think, are the ones that don't have to curse to make themselves funny, and that's where PFT absolutely accels. It's also part of what made Bob Odenkirk so funny to me last time he was on.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Just got to 74 with Andy Daly playing the Irish Folk Story guy and the Old Personal Trainer. Really great. The moment right after Andy Daly pulls that pretty good obama limerick out of his rear end and then flips it back on Jason and Jason is just dying cuz he knows how hosed he is is just great.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Also the end when Jason tries to stump him by asking for the date of a thing and scott completely calls him on it. "We did not get him with limericks and you think a date will work?"

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I prefer when guests play "normal" characters who get progressively weirder throughout the show. PFT's characs are dialed to 11 from the get-go.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Also the end when Jason tries to stump him by asking for the date of a thing and scott completely calls him on it. "We did not get him with limericks and you think a date will work?"

This is one of my favorite CBB moments ever, Scott just totally giving Andy props for being an amazing improviser.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

one of my favorite one off characters was Pastor Rhe Holner, played by Jon Gemberling. I said "Pumpin Puss" to a bunch of people who looked at me like a psychopath.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

JayMax posted:

I prefer when guests play "normal" characters who get progressively weirder throughout the show. PFT's characs are dialed to 11 from the get-go.

Nonsense cake boss is a very reserved softspoken individual.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Politicalrancor posted:

one of my favorite one off characters was Pastor Rhe Holner, played by Jon Gemberling. I said "Pumpin Puss" to a bunch of people who looked at me like a psychopath.

What was that street address, again?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Nonsense cake boss is a very reserved softspoken individual.

He is also pretty shy. I mean he is afraid of us laughing at him for his cake bug encounters. He just wants enough time to make cakes.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Well he literally has all the time in the world.

Or am I remembering the last episode wrong? Listened to it while driving and I missed a few bits.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Popelmon posted:

Or am I remembering the last episode wrong? Listened to it while driving and I missed a few bits.

Do you have any idea how much cake he has to make?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

RandolphCarter posted:

Do you have any idea how much cake he has to make?

And on a deadline 1 to 2 days less than would be reasonable!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Popelmon posted:

I need more time than that!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Scoobi posted:

Just got to 74 with Andy Daly playing the Irish Folk Story guy and the Old Personal Trainer. Really great. The moment right after Andy Daly pulls that pretty good obama limerick out of his rear end and then flips it back on Jason and Jason is just dying cuz he knows how hosed he is is just great.

I love how even when Jason starts after trying to get out of it, Daly just keeps ramping up the expectations. I remember him saying at the end of the first line something like "Huh, ______ is really hard to make work in a rhyme, it's a good thing I had all that time to write it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

xbilkis posted:

What's up, same show buddy? :(:hf::(

I was hoping for Huell Howser too. I did enjoy Scott's Mr. Show-esque role play (spin!) skit, Besser's letter's to the editor, and Adomian's gay villians though.