Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

Robert Denby posted:

I just went to a theater at Times Square yesterday, and the sides of the escalators literally have banners for this movie plastered onto them. This looks like one of those 'movie within a movie' gags that's used to make fun of generic kids movies.

I'm getting creepy goatse vibes from that poster *shudder*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

bowser posted:

Here you go:

Somehow, Bond looks even more smug in the proper orientation.

Either Bond has really poor footing on that ladder or his foot is on backwards. I don't like either implication.

quote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

There is something very wrong about this poster. I can't put my finger on it, but it's somehow... unpleasant to look at.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Max22 posted:

I really like the fact that they brought on the directors of Catfish for 3 and 4.

I'm not gonna watch them, I just like it.

Hahaha, I got dragged to see Catfish because my friend thought it was a horror movie.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cacator posted:

Hahaha, I got dragged to see Catfish because my friend thought it was a horror movie.

Catfish remains one of the worst marketed movies I've ever seen.

Also the movie was awesome. Don't act like being taken to see it was a punishment :colbert:

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

The thing that bothers me the most about this one is the seemingly different qualities of the picture. Kirsten Dunst looks crisp, like 1080p, and Lizzy Caplan looks fuzzy. And Lizzy Caplan should never look fuzzy. :colbert:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is that Matt Lucas in front?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
It's Rebel Wilson, and it looks like they've done something weird with her neck/chin.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

spamman posted:

It's Rebel Wilson, and it looks like they've done something weird with her neck/chin.

Not to be cruel, but I think they've 'shopped out an extra chin. It looks bizarre.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I wonder if Dunst is going to get her snaggle-teeth fixed one of these days.

BiggusDickus
Apr 18, 2008

bowser posted:

At least this poster showed me that Cloris Leachman is still alive. I thought she'd died years ago. So something good came of this.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

BiggusDickus posted:

At least this poster showed me that Cloris Leachman is still alive. I thought she'd died years ago. So something good came of this.

She's good in Raising Hope right now, if you don't mind not-terrible sitcoms.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Cleretic posted:

Either Bond has really poor footing on that ladder or his foot is on backwards. I don't like either implication.

There is something very wrong about this poster. I can't put my finger on it, but it's somehow... unpleasant to look at.

I like to imagine a gold ring on one of their fingers. It just makes the image a bit more... tasteful.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

PopZeus posted:

I'm getting creepy goatse vibes from that poster *shudder*.

It puts the lotion on it's skin oog it gets the hose again.

Also the green one is growing out of the back of the yellow one's head. Or it can fly.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Here is a good poster for a film most people probably didn't know existed.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

bowser posted:

I saw a trailer for this in front of a Youtube video and thought, "someone must be loving with me." Then I went to go see Batman and my theater is covered with ads for this in the style of "put your stupid head in the hole of this cardboard standee".

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

axleblaze posted:

So I was looking to see if the a movie I liked at this years Sundance had a release date yet. While it appears not to it does have a poster. Look at this thing...just look at it:

:allears:
I loved the short this was based on, and now I'm both excited for the movie and sad that I can't watch the short again.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mister Chief posted:

Here is a good poster for a film most people probably didn't know existed.

I wonder if they're going to do a prequel set in the 80's. Otherwise, why would they reference a Nagel painting?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I wonder if they're going to do a prequel set in the 80's. Otherwise, why would they reference a Nagel painting?

It's the sequel to the original, hence it WAS in the 80s. (I think.)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Fright Night Part 2 was released in 1988. I said it fairly was obscure.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's too early. I thought you were saying it was a sequel to the remake (which nobody on Earth saw but was pretty good).

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bowser posted:

We...have come...to eat...your soul...

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I'm still fairly baffled at the amount of marketing they are dumping into that Oogieloves movie. I keep thinking it's some sort of surreal joke. I still kinda hope it is. Poor Christopher Lloyd.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

bowser posted:

Man, even the balloons look creepy as gently caress.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
The commercial for it is also terrifying

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Tupping Liberty posted:

The thing that bothers me the most about this one is the seemingly different qualities of the picture. Kirsten Dunst looks crisp, like 1080p, and Lizzy Caplan looks fuzzy. And Lizzy Caplan should never look fuzzy. :colbert:
Given their postures and eyes, I think all the characters in this poster were cut from other images and pasted together into one.

Baron Bifford fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 3, 2012

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Baron Bifford posted:

Given their postures and eyes, I think all the characters in this poster were cut from other images and pasted together into one.

Lizzy Caplan looks like a cardboard cutout. What the gently caress.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
New Dredd poster!

Looks pretty alright!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Jefferoo posted:

New Dredd poster!

Looks pretty alright!

I want to think that they're trying to imitate the :nolan: Batman posters, but you know what, gently caress it, it looks awesome.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Jefferoo posted:

New Dredd poster!

Looks pretty alright!

I feel like this poster nailed the tone better than anything I've seen from the actual movie. Even the suit and helment look way better.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Jefferoo posted:

New Dredd poster!

Looks pretty alright!

I, too, judge this poster: pretty alright.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
That gun though. Man, that's a lame gun.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Yeah, Dredd could do with a bigger gun. Or one that doesn't look so pathetic.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I wonder if it'll have voice recognition and say things like "DOUBLE WHAMMY." or "ARMOR PIERCING." the way it did in the Stallone movie.

"Dredd" actually has something pretty awesome I'm surprised I haven't seen done before. A clip online showed that some of the 3D effects would 'spill' into the letterboxing of the image. You can see a clip that does that :nws:here:nms:.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Had I not seen the trailer, that poster would have got me excited for the film. Though, I know I've definitely spent too long in the Idiots on Facebook thread, because I'm expecting a :911: reaction to kick off somehwere.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This is loving awesome.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Expendables 2 is really trying it's darnedest to convince me that it'll be a movie worth seeing. The problem is that after the last one there's very little that can convince me of that (including goons saying it's good because that's I went to see the original in the first place).

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

I wonder if it'll have voice recognition and say things like "DOUBLE WHAMMY." or "ARMOR PIERCING." the way it did in the Stallone movie.

Doesn't look like it. In the clip you linked to Dredd switches the ammo to HIGH EX and goes full auto without saying a word.

teagone posted:

This is loving awesome.

I like how Yu Nan is sitting next to Stallone and her expression is like, "are we really doing this? the last supper? really?"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

teagone posted:

This is loving awesome.

:lol:

axleblaze posted:

Expendables 2 is really trying it's darnedest to convince me that it'll be a movie worth seeing. The problem is that after the last one there's very little that can convince me of that (including goons saying it's good because that's I went to see the original in the first place).

I'm gonna see it anyway, despite being totally let down by the first one. Although my expectations were really high for the first one and now I've lowered my expectations dramatically for this one, so maybe I'll enjoy it more.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Doesn't look like it. In the clip you linked to Dredd switches the ammo to HIGH EX and goes full auto without saying a word.

Yeah, it looks like the Dredd Lawgiver is based off the Lawgiver Mk 2, although it replaces the analog ammo selector of the design (and the previous Lawgiver Mk 1) with a digital one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Jefferoo posted:

New Dredd poster!

Looks pretty alright!

This poster is giving me some serious Crackdown vibes.