Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
holy poo poo the boston show was fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Someday I'll have the money to be able to buy the live shows. Someday...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Someday I'll have the money to be able to buy the live shows. Someday...

I'm right there with ya :(

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Power of Pecota posted:

Has this been in any episodes besides this one and the Wompler/RIchter episode?

In the Jason Mantzoukas/Andy Daly cavalcade of suicides episode they leave Scott out to dry while he sings Wipeout!

Asadasa
Feb 4, 2004

Brain Burnt

I have two extra tickets to the show tonight at 8 in New York if anyone is interested in them.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Riptor posted:

holy poo poo the boston show was fantastic

Nooooo don't tell me this I couldn't go despite living half an hour from the venue.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Lord Wexia posted:

Nooooo don't tell me this I couldn't go despite living half an hour from the venue.

nm it was awful

for real though buy the show on itunes when it comes out

JonoD
Apr 19, 2003
Lurk!

Riptor posted:

nm it was awful

for real though buy the show on itunes when it comes out

It's on the earwolf store right now, and I'm sorry, but it was awesome. I've listened to all of the other tour shows so far, and this was the first legit unannounced surprise guest, and I didn't see that guest coming at all because they haven't done the main CBB podcast before but were totally awesome last night, and I hope that they'll be on the show again. Also, I was delighted to see a great Adomian character that's even better live - it was a really physical and really entertaining performance. That show definitely exceeded my already-healthy expectations.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Fezz posted:

In the Jason Mantzoukas/Andy Daly cavalcade of suicides episode they leave Scott out to dry while he sings Wipeout!

ok FINE. I'll go back and listen to all of the Daly/Mantzoukas eps for the third time. Geez, twist my arm why dontcha?

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009
Boston show was amazing live. Just arrived back. Totally worth the flight. James Adomian is the nicest human.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Asadasa posted:

I have two extra tickets to the show tonight at 8 in New York if anyone is interested in them.
How was it? I didn't go simply because I see a lot of these dudes for free or $5 all the time anyway. Good lord this city has spoiled me for comedy.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

synertia posted:

ok FINE. I'll go back and listen to all of the Daly/Mantzoukas eps for the third time. Geez, twist my arm why dontcha?

There are three of them right? The Mayor of Hollywood, the poet laureate of the west, and the trainer for the stars seeking stars/Irish storyteller.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the poet laureate of the west,

VAMPIRES?!?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vampires! Vampires! Vampires!
With fangs as sharp as new barbed wire!

From "A Dangerous Life" found in the book You Must Buy Your Wife At Least As Much Jewelry As You Buy Your Horse, and Other Poems and Observations, Humorous and Otherwise, From a Life On the Range by Dalton Wilcox.

X-O fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 8, 2012

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Deadpool posted:

You Must Buy Your Wife At Least As Much Jewelry As You Buy Your Horse, and Other Poems and Observations, Humorous and Otherwise, From a Life On the Range by Dalton Wilcox.

I hope to one day actually publish this book myself.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

I hope to one day actually publish this book myself.

I wish this was real.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Dorepoll posted:

I wish this was real.

Man, that looks really, really good. The lettering could use a little more texture to look more old west-y or whatever, but other than that it looks like a book people would actually buy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I was disappointed when Chip Gardner didn't participate in the Andy Daly suicide bonanza.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Just listened to it: Dalton Wilcox, Don Dimello, Hot Dog, August Lindt, Danny Mahoney, Bill Carter, the Irish guy with the poems, the British guy who writes U2's bridges middle 8 breaks. No Chip Gardner. :(

"Every character you portray is a cry for help and we are here."

I wonder who came up with that turn. It was seriously one of the most brilliant moments in CBB history.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What episode was the British guy from again? The rest I remember pretty well but I don't remember much about that one.

Asadasa
Feb 4, 2004

Brain Burnt

pork minstral posted:

How was it? I didn't go simply because I see a lot of these dudes for free or $5 all the time anyway. Good lord this city has spoiled me for comedy.

It was awesome. Kurt Braunohler was a bit weak, but everyone else made up for it. The podcast portion was great, Bobby Moynahan came by as Fourvel.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Fezz posted:

Also comes in stop-motion form!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWbiRelPC4

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Stuff like that, where the whole (extremely thin) veneer of the show actually having structure completely falls apart in a hilarious way, is what I think is missing from the TV show

Jale
Nov 6, 2005

Deadpool posted:

What episode was the British guy from again? The rest I remember pretty well but I don't remember much about that one.

Episode 103, the Second Anniversary episode, one of my favorites. It also has PFT (as himself) and Reggie as co-hosts, Reggie making the CBB theme and the inter-dimensional Huell Howsers and Jesse Venturas.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I kinda didn't like the middle 8 break guy. Definitely wasn't as rich a character as Don Dimello or Dalton Wilcox.

The rest of the 2nd anniversary show was great though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Riptor posted:

Stuff like that, where the whole (extremely thin) veneer of the show actually having structure completely falls apart in a hilarious way, is what I think is missing from the TV show

It's good when the show falls apart. Because that's when you bring out the girls.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Eltoasto posted:

It's good when the show falls apart. Because that's when you bring out the girls.

I really like the episode of Superego where you get Don Dimello, Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and H.R. Geiger planning their new show.

"Blanks are expensive."
"Are we SURE that's where we want to be cutting corners?"
"Well, we're going to have a lot of girls. Too many girls."
"I THINK that's premeditated murder..."
"It's not if the girl is selected at random."

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

Fil5000 posted:

I really like the episode of Superego where you get Don Dimello, Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and H.R. Geiger planning their new show.

"Blanks are expensive."
"Are we SURE that's where we want to be cutting corners?"
"Well, we're going to have a lot of girls. Too many girls."
"I THINK that's premeditated murder..."
"It's not if the girl is selected at random."
What ep# is this?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

weinus posted:

What ep# is this?

Season 3, episode 7. Human tunnels, yes.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Argh, stop reminding me I need to start on the Superego thread.

Also, I think you meant Hey! Really Giger!

That one was great but there was another one with PFT playing I think John C. Reilly (one of his weaker characters imo), and someone was Nick Nolte, and I think Andy Daly was doing Don Dimello. I don't think that one was very good, except for Nolte being told to gently caress Reilly's wife, and then Don tells Reilly to gently caress Nolte's daughter.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Argh, stop reminding me I need to start on the Superego thread.

Also, I think you meant Hey! Really Giger!

That one was great but there was another one with PFT playing I think John C. Reilly (one of his weaker characters imo), and someone was Nick Nolte, and I think Andy Daly was doing Don Dimello. I don't think that one was very good, except for Nolte being told to gently caress Reilly's wife, and then Don tells Reilly to gently caress Nolte's daughter.

I'm gonna rectally vomit into my trousers.
Please start the superego thread.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Gah I knew I should've gotten tickets to the Boston show...I'm 30 min away as well. I mentioned it to my brother when it was announced but we never followed up on it :(

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Well if the engineers would stop coating the mics in camel sugar, this wouldn't be an issue.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jale posted:

Episode 103, the Second Anniversary episode, one of my favorites. It also has PFT (as himself) and Reggie as co-hosts, Reggie making the CBB theme and the inter-dimensional Huell Howsers and Jesse Venturas.

That's right. That wasn't too long after I actually started listening to the podcast. The first episode I ever heard was the Andy Richter and Jessica St. Clair episode. After that I was hooked and spent the better part of a few weeks catching up on the 90 or so episodes that came before.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Hot Saucerman, Tim, and Adomian, in the flesh, in 2.5 hours :swoon:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Who is HR Giger in these? That was loving hilarious. 'More tentacles. Eleventacles.'

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I think it's Matt Gourley, but it's hard to tell.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think the episode of CBB with the Superego guys is an underrated gem. Paul F. Tompkins does a solid job filling in for Saucerman and Kaitlin Olson is pretty great on it too.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

traveling midget posted:

Hot Saucerman, Tim, and Adomian, in the flesh, in 2.5 hours :swoon:

Spoilers from Philly: Tim, Garry Marshall! please, call me Garry , Gary Busey, Nick Nolte (Tim)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
So glad I bought a e-pass, most of these Live shows have been loving hilarious. Bjork is always a treat.

Although are you only supposed to be able to click the download link five times? What's up with that, can't I refresh it every day for a new episode?