Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I can't remember if this has been posted but I love this poster and I LOVE this movie. Watched it twice yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

frozenpeas posted:

I can't remember if this has been posted but I love this poster and I LOVE this movie. Watched it twice yesterday.

Is the blood splatter supposed to look like a bear eating a skull?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Kramjacks posted:

Is the blood splatter supposed to look like a bear eating a skull?

Yes.

That is how the killer dies. A magnetic force exists around the bear due to the bear's ability to travel through time - because it's an alien bear, see - which drags the killer towards it and eventually pulls him up to the bear's teeth, which dig into his skull.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

The Cameo posted:

That is how the killer dies. A magnetic force exists around the bear due to the bear's ability to travel through time - because it's an alien bear, see - which drags the killer towards it and eventually pulls him up to the bear's teeth, which dig into his skull.

Wait, what? Really? I might have to check that movie out.

e: vvv Okay, that sounds like my kind of movie.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 9, 2012

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Wait, what? Really? I might have to check that movie out.

That's only a portion of the insanity contained in Detention.

Although if the aesthetic of Scott Pilgrim - or the incremental character growth - wasn't your cup of tea, you may want to avoid. Detention is pretty much Scott Pilgrim as a 90s-nostalgic crack fiend.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The Cameo posted:

Yes.

The Cameo posted:

That's only a portion of the insanity contained in Detention.

Although if the aesthetic of Scott Pilgrim - or the incremental character growth - wasn't your cup of tea, you may want to avoid. Detention is pretty much Scott Pilgrim as a 90s-nostalgic crack fiend.

Oh my god this sounds like it will immediately end up on my top ten list.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
poo poo, man. I thought that everybody was gonna jump on the whole Dane Cook thing.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

poo poo, man. I thought that everybody was gonna jump on the whole Dane Cook thing.
Well he's mearly an "and" so its not a big deal.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Went to see DKR, and the theater had Mondo posters for Sleepaway Camp, Gremlins, and Gremlins 2 hanging in the hallway. Gremlins 2 was the one that made me back-track for a second look, though.

Also came across this French poster for Silent Scream, thought it had a good dynamic going on.

Dudes!
Apr 24, 2012

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Michael Keaton did 9/11.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Gonz posted:

Michael Keaton The Not-So-Invisible Hand did 9/11.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The worlds most dangerous banana.

Dudes!
Apr 24, 2012

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Rad was nowhere near as awesome as Gleaming the Cube.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I rented Rad as a kid because they had a trailer for it on The Dirt Bike Kid.

Targeted marketing ftw.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Money-Pit is awesome. That's a film I'd actually like to see a remake of. Or not even a remake, make a pseudo-sequel about another couple buying a hosed up house and two hours of screwball hijinks.

gently caress, I love The Money Pit.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Or just watch this scene over and over...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yil2jWQ5Oqg

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The Money-Pit is awesome. That's a film I'd actually like to see a remake of. Or not even a remake, make a pseudo-sequel about another couple buying a hosed up house and two hours of screwball hijinks.

Yes, Tom Hanks could offload the house to a new couple at the beginning of the film.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

kiimo posted:

Or just watch this scene over and over...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yil2jWQ5Oqg

gently caress, I love Tom Hanks.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
Stumbled across this awful mess on IMDB:

I think they tried to photoshop Lundgren's head onto another person's body but ended up completely getting rid of the neck because the head size was too big. Its loving ridiculous.

Patton Oswalt has a really funny bit about that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01l1WIC9mBo

Mr.48 fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 9, 2012

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The Money Pit is interesting since it's the only Hollywood film I can think of with a swedish remake.

You can (but shouldn't) watch the whole thing on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOrKdjrSoDM

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is that the same house used in Father of the Bride?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
edit: n/m

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Hedenius posted:

The Money Pit is interesting since it's the only Hollywood film I can think of with a swedish remake.

You can (but shouldn't) watch the whole thing on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOrKdjrSoDM

That movie is so "90s" it loving hurts.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm picturing a crossover with the Paranormal Activity series.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho

The Fly

Trading Places

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
It's cool looking but I'm not entirely sure what most of that poster has to do with Trading Places.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

This just got kind of awkward.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
I guess the Trading Places one is a chameleon and how Eddie Murphy blends in or something like that. I dunno, it does look cool though.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Found this on the IMDb home page:

Gerard Butler = :smug:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That, and the transformative aspect of money.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Uma Thurman's got a Lisa Kudrow look going on there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why does Bulter do nothing but romantic comedies now?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Catherine Zeta-Jones is turning into Rachel Ray apparently.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Hewlett posted:

Found this on the IMDb home page:

Gerard Butler = :smug:

Dennis Quaid = :haw:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He's the one Gerard Butler really wants.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Uma Thurman's got a Lisa Kudrow look going on there.

That plus shes smelling something just awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Why does Bulter do nothing but romantic comedies now?

You know he's filming his Secret Service actioner, Olympus Has Fallen, with a release date of 2014, right? Also, he's got Hunter Killer, with Navy SEALs trying to rescue the Russian president, and Thunder Run, about the capture of Baghdad, in pre-production.