Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Eldoop posted:

Right there with you.

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Pft.

vvv you my bitch too.

Eldoop
Jul 29, 2012

Cheeky? Us?
Why, I never!

:colbert:

e: :negative:

Eldoop fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 9, 2012

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Y'all gotta be running NMC ultra-res and Ojo Bueno or some poo poo. Or you extracted all the BSAs. I know you did! :arghfist::spergin:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SplitSoul posted:

Y'all gotta be running NMC ultra-res and Ojo Bueno or some poo poo. Or you extracted all the BSAs. I know you did! :arghfist::spergin:

Close. I didn't extract, but I am running NMC, Ojo, and a couple other texture packs in tandem. I also have my own custom hair/eye/etc merged mod and some other poo poo going on. Plus my version of The Armory is bigger than all of yours. :laugh:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
When will you scrublords learn.

Oh god what's wrong with me :negative:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Coughing Hobo posted:

When will you scrublords learn.

Oh god what's wrong with me :negative:

:cripes:

You crazy.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

:cripes:

You crazy.

To be fair, only about 30GB of that is actually the game. I've been working on my texturing skills, and guns feel like they're the easiest to brush up said skills on. So I have a lot of gigantic PSD files that I store in the new vegas folder.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

So I've been toying around with the NVENB. Not a whole lot you can really do at the moment. You can either have a decent looking outside world and crappy interiors, or vice versa. And don't even think of trying to make nights that have some darkness to them otherwise interiors will be drat near pitch black.

Morning

Afternoon

Evening

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

:stare: I love you.

CRANKWHORE
Dec 16, 2011

HYENGH HYENGH HYENGH
I have been trying to find a fix for the -crash on start up- problem that a few others have had in the past. The game just blacks out at the Bethesda logo and I am forced to ctrl_alt_del to close it.

-Tried 3 clean installs of the game. Takes an hour or so to download off steam.

-Verifying the game cache reveals one file that needs to be downloaded again, but leads to the exact same crash.

-Did a clean install of nvidia drivers. DirectX is up to date.

-Tried to set the exe files to compatability mode for XP.

-Tried to overwrite the intro cinematic in the fallout.ini.

-Tried the Nvidia d3d9 perf fix that apparently helped some people from nexus. Neither file fixed anything.

-Tried disabling all the ultimate edition DLC and addons.

I am out of ideas. If anyone had this crashing issue on start up and resolved it I would love to know what you did.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

CRANKWHORE posted:

I have been trying to find a fix for the -crash on start up- problem that a few others have had in the past. The game just blacks out at the Bethesda logo and I am forced to ctrl_alt_del to close it.

-Tried 3 clean installs of the game. Takes an hour or so to download off steam.

-Verifying the game cache reveals one file that needs to be downloaded again, but leads to the exact same crash.

-Did a clean install of nvidia drivers. DirectX is up to date.

-Tried to set the exe files to compatability mode for XP.

-Tried to overwrite the intro cinematic in the fallout.ini.

-Tried the Nvidia d3d9 perf fix that apparently helped some people from nexus. Neither file fixed anything.

-Tried disabling all the ultimate edition DLC and addons.

I am out of ideas. If anyone had this crashing issue on start up and resolved it I would love to know what you did.

Did you delete the .inis in your "my documents" folder, as well? Did you have DarnUI installed at any point?

EDIT: Do you have a soundcard installed? XFire or Raptr installed?

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 9, 2012

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Quick FNVEdit question:

How do I get the item (an ingestible) to include both of these effects instead of overriding?

CRANKWHORE
Dec 16, 2011

HYENGH HYENGH HYENGH

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Did you delete the .inis in your "my documents" folder, as well? Did you have DarnUI installed at any point?

EDIT: Do you have a soundcard installed? XFire or Raptr installed?

Did delete the ini files, which caused the entire game to not even load so I am redownloading again. No DarnUI installed at any point. No XFire or Raptr. I have a Soundblaster Audigy that I may or may not be using (I really have no idea if it is currently set to that, NVidia audio, or Microsoft standard audio)

The sound is working when I hit the main menu, But as soon as I enter the fullscreen game mode and it connects to steam, crashville.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Quick FNVEdit question:

How do I get the item (an ingestible) to include both of these effects instead of overriding?

If memory serves, right click on the highest tier of the 'Effects' and there should be an option to add. Simply add a blank effect, then pull over all of the information from the effect desired. (Of course do this in a patch)

Also, I'm considering giving up on New Vegas and heading over to Skyrim again. Just too many drat bugs that I don't feel like messing with. I've made it as far as getting the platinum chip, finishing the boomers sidequests along with a majority of the NCR prior to meeting the head honcho once obtaining the chip (sadly farther than I've made it in the past without cheating....).

Another thing I noticed is that all of the legion are still pissed at me even after obtaining Cesar's mark...da'hell.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Arkitektbmw posted:

If memory serves, right click on the highest tier of the 'Effects' and there should be an option to add. Simply add a blank effect, then pull over all of the information from the effect desired. (Of course do this in a patch)

Also, I'm considering giving up on New Vegas and heading over to Skyrim again. Just too many drat bugs that I don't feel like messing with. I've made it as far as getting the platinum chip, finishing the boomers sidequests along with a majority of the NCR prior to meeting the head honcho once obtaining the chip (sadly farther than I've made it in the past without cheating....).

Another thing I noticed is that all of the legion are still pissed at me even after obtaining Cesar's mark...da'hell.

You haven't posted a load order, but I can already tell you that your game sounds buggier than it should be. Maybe in the few months after the game was released, it would have been par for the course, but nowadays I'm running with 10 GIGS :whatup: of mods and I don't have any issues.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Crigit posted:

The ground should not appear black in broad daylight :psyduck:

There's an eye adaption thing going on, if I look at the ground, it's actually bright, but it's dark compared to the sky.

Also it's not pitch black, buy a new screen. :colbert:

Upmarket Mango posted:

So I've been toying around with the NVENB. Not a whole lot you can really do at the moment. You can either have a decent looking outside world and crappy interiors, or vice versa. And don't even think of trying to make nights that have some darkness to them otherwise interiors will be drat near pitch black.

Morning

Afternoon

Evening

Is that TVs preset? Looking at their forums, ENBSeries is not working well with any weather replacers at all, I am thinking especially project reality has very screwy HDR settings and is the main culprit, at least this was the cause last time I looked at that mod in-depth. I put the crysis color mood shader and a color grading shader on top of enbseries, which I find more reliable to alter color balance than a color palette. I also tried porting the crisp bloom shader from that cinematic enb-thing for skyrim. It makes the lenz effect stronger but I am actually not sure if it's working properly.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 9, 2012

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Police Automaton posted:

There's an eye adaption thing going on, if I look at the ground, it's actually bright, but it's dark compared to the sky.

Also it's not pitch black, buy a new screen. :colbert:

Is that TVs preset? Looking at their forums, ENBSeries is not working well with any weather replacers at all, I am thinking especially project reality has very screwy HDR settings and is the main culprit, at least this was the cause last time I looked at that mod in-depth. I put the crysis color mood shader and a color grading shader on top of enbseries, which I find more reliable to alter color balance than a color palette. I also tried porting the crisp bloom shader from that cinematic enb-thing for skyrim. It makes the lenz effect stronger but I am actually not sure if it's working properly.

I started with TVs preset but I changed a lot of the values around. I should state that I didn't actually touch any of the actual shader stuff and I've only changed values around in the .ini file. His preset doesn't look so good as is in New Vegas. He had it really bloomy, over the top lenz, nights that were practically as bright as day. I haven't tooled around with ENB too much before so I'm mostly just trying to get a feel for things and seeing what does what. I hope Boris gets SSAO in soon.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I'm playing through FNV for the first time and would like to experience the game as vanilla as possible while still incorporating "community patch"-type stuff and expanded content that's in the spirit of the original game.

I'm using:

I'm considering using:
  • FOOK
  • jsawyer's mod

I'm leaning towards installing FOOK but skipping jsawyer's. I get the sense that the jsawyer mod mostly just makes the game harder and I'm not sure that's what I want on my first playthrough.

Are my assumptions correct? And are there any other mods I've missed or is this a good start?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Upmarket Mango posted:

I started with TVs preset but I changed a lot of the values around. I should state that I didn't actually touch any of the actual shader stuff and I've only changed values around in the .ini file. His preset doesn't look so good as is in New Vegas. He had it really bloomy, over the top lenz, nights that were practically as bright as day. I haven't tooled around with ENB too much before so I'm mostly just trying to get a feel for things and seeing what does what. I hope Boris gets SSAO in soon.

I'd like him to forget about the skyrim-like shadows. Even if it's possible I think it'll probably not look very nice as most of the game's geometry is too poor to give nice shadows. Just a gut feeling but still. I'd like to rather see replaced material shaders personally.

I have the feeling the night detection is kinda broken. I get the night settings applied indoors, but outdoors the ground and static geometry is still as bright as day. No idea what's up with that.

I honestly think the problem with most presets is that they're far too colorful and unrealistic. They look nice in screenshots but are really grating if you actually play with them for more than half an hour.

Parker Lewis posted:

I'm leaning towards installing FOOK but skipping jsawyer's. I get the sense that the jsawyer mod mostly just makes the game harder and I'm not sure that's what I want on my first playthrough.

Are my assumptions correct? And are there any other mods I've missed or is this a good start?

Don't use FOOK. Especially not for a first playthrough. It's a mod of very low quality that basically just sticks everything it can into the game without any regard for quality or balance. "Mission Mojave" isn't necessary either, as it makes some very questionable changes and a lot of unnecessary ones which will only screw up compability with other mods and not much else. Actually it's completly fine to go without any mod on your first run with a fully patched game, the game is really nicely balanced and done as it is. This ain't no oblivion. If you are a seasoned gamer, you might want to install jsawyer as it fixes some oversights and makes the game overall harder. (more in the beginning, but not even really that much, the vanilla game is pretty easy to begin with) It's by no means necessary either to enjoy the game, though.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 9, 2012

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Parker Lewis posted:

I'm playing through FNV for the first time and would like to experience the game as vanilla as possible while still incorporating "community patch"-type stuff and expanded content that's in the spirit of the original game.

I'm using:

I'm considering using:
  • FOOK
  • jsawyer's mod

Mission Mojave is pretty bad. Most of their "fixes" are pretty subjective stuff. New Vegas doesn't really have a proper community patch nor does it really need one.

I'm not really sure why it's in the OP to be honest.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Ah, strange, I thought Mission Mojave was a sure thing, the description on Nexus made it sound like all it did was fix bugs and increase game stability.

I guess I'll ditch that and FOOK and take a closer look through the jsawyer readme to see if it's something I want. Thanks!

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Police Automaton posted:

I'd like him to forget about the skyrim-like shadows. Even if it's possible I think it'll probably not look very nice as most of the game's geometry is too poor to give nice shadows. Just a gut feeling but still. I'd like to rather see replaced material shaders personally.

I have the feeling the night detection is kinda broken. I get the night settings applied indoors, but outdoors the ground and static geometry is still as bright as day. No idea what's up with that.

I honestly think the problem with most presets is that they're far too colorful and unrealistic. They look nice in screenshots but are really grating if you actually play with them for more than half an hour.

I'm going to disagree on the shadows. I think they'd go a long way in improving the general look of the world. I do agree that a lot of user presets are not very good, though. With Skyrim for example, I tend to just leave everything but detailed shadows disabled with ENB because I don't like any of the user made presets and I just don't have the patience to make my own configuration that looks good in a wide variety of environments in various weathers. New Vegas is a lot simpler in that regards. 99% of the time it's clear, sunny weather and desert :v: I can't really comment on whether or not something is working correctly because truth be told I don't know what a lot of the settings do. I'm putting in really high/low values and seeing what happens to figure out what's what.

Anyways, I was just making some minor tweaks when this happened just now:

I don't have a clue what happened. I made a 0.3 change to ambient lighting intensity and then everything blew up. I changed it back and it didn't fix it. I completely disabled bloom and lens and that didn't do anything either. Police Automaton, if you've got the Crysis color grading shader (I'm assuming from OBGE), mine linking your config? I'd like to mess around using yours as a base.

Lockwell
Mar 31, 2010

Danke schon, na na, Danke schon.
So I just reinstalled my game and I noticed a problem with my characters hands and feet.

The hands look old and don't line up with the arms.
http://i.imgur.com/cPmap.jpg

While the feet look like melted plastic.
http://i.imgur.com/4tKNb.jpg

I don't use any body mods or anything so it caught me off guard.

I have all my mods running in the pictures but it was doing it before I put them in.

So uh, what the heck is goin' on here?

(Unless it's always been like this and I've never noticed till now)

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You haven't posted a load order, but I can already tell you that your game sounds buggier than it should be. Maybe in the few months after the game was released, it would have been par for the course, but nowadays I'm running with 10 GIGS :whatup: of mods and I don't have any issues.

Thank god, that actually makes me a bit relieved. The last time I was playing this was when it was but a few months old. I ran into these same issue then as well and quit, essentially for the same reason. I'll attempt to dredge up a load order for everyone's entertainment (what utility lets me compile a list easily? Is it FOMM that has that option?).

What I believe I'm going to attempt right now is remove AWOP and WMX(maybe?) along with the "Better Cass/Veronica" mods.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Upmarket Mango posted:

I'm going to disagree on the shadows. I think they'd go a long way in improving the general look of the world. I do agree that a lot of user presets are not very good, though. With Skyrim for example, I tend to just leave everything but detailed shadows disabled with ENB because I don't like any of the user made presets and I just don't have the patience to make my own configuration that looks good in a wide variety of environments in various weathers. New Vegas is a lot simpler in that regards. 99% of the time it's clear, sunny weather and desert :v: I can't really comment on whether or not something is working correctly because truth be told I don't know what a lot of the settings do. I'm putting in really high/low values and seeing what happens to figure out what's what.

Anyways, I was just making some minor tweaks when this happened just now:

I don't have a clue what happened. I made a 0.3 change to ambient lighting intensity and then everything blew up. I changed it back and it didn't fix it. I completely disabled bloom and lens and that didn't do anything either. Police Automaton, if you've got the Crysis color grading shader (I'm assuming from OBGE), mine linking your config? I'd like to mess around using yours as a base.

Yes, from OBGE (they are in the effect.txt file) no problem:

http://happygeckosoftware.com/hosted/enb116NV.7z
(own hosting)

I actually included everything, so if anyone wants to try these out, just drop the files into your NV folder and play. I modified the bloom shader, so Mango, you also need to use the .fx files, the .ini changes on their own will look vastly different on default enb without those. These come without any gurantee of working or looking nice for anyone except me. I like my games dark and gloomy, with more subdued colors, with these settings I went for a "polaroid" look. I changed a few things since the screenshots to make days brighter, the bloom less intense, and the sky more vibrant, also nights darker and more desaturated. Some indoor locations will be really dark to the point of having pitch-black areas, I have no good solution for this, as it seems some indoor locations are affected by the "night" enb settings, and some just are not. I hope Boris will fix this. Until then these can't really be considered for serious play, more for "hey check this out", or you brin a flashlight. I'm not good at taking interesting screenshots, if anyone wants to do this and post them, it'd be nice.

There's also no noticeable performance impact with those, as far as I know. They will probably only work nice with vanilla weather.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 9, 2012

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Ugh. I spent the last hour going through from scratch setting up my enbseries.ini. I had FANTASTIC looking days but the night settings completely hosed them up and ruined them somehow despite me not touching the day settings once I had them where I wanted them. :bang:

Police Automaton posted:

Yes, from OBGE (they are in the effect.txt file) no problem:

http://happygeckosoftware.com/hosted/enb116NV.7z
(own hosting)

I actually included everything, so if anyone wants to try these out, just drop the files into your NV folder and play. I modified the bloom shader, so Mango, you also need to use the .fx files, the .ini changes on their own will look vastly different on default enb without those. These come without any gurantee of working or looking nice for anyone except me. I like my games dark and gloomy, with more subdued colors, with these settings I went for a "polaroid" look. I changed a few things since the screenshots to make days brighter, the bloom less intense, and the sky more vibrant, also nights darker and more desaturated. Some indoor locations will be really dark, I have no good solution for this, as it seems some indoor locations are affected by the "night" enb settings, and some just are not. I hope Boris will fix this. I'm not good at taking interesting screenshots, if anyone wants to do this and post them, it'd be nice.

There's also no noticeable performance impact with those, as far as I know. They will probably only work nice with vanilla weather.

Thanks for this. I'll check these out and see what I can come up with.

EDIT: By the way, what all can be edited at runtime? Just the ini or can the .fx files be changed as well without requiring a game restart?

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 9, 2012

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Parker Lewis posted:

I'm using:

I'm considering using:
  • FOOK
  • jsawyer's mod

Don't use Mission Mojave, it's poo poo. It breaks tons of things and furthermore does stupid stuff like changing the gender of certain characters because "women can't be soldiers".

I recommend to only use Project Nevada Core for some UI enhancements and possibly rope kid's jsawyer.esp, if halving of your hitpoints and carrying capacity doesn't sound too scary. Maybe add some texture & weather mods as well, if you feel like the game is too ugly.

Smol fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 9, 2012

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Smol posted:

Don't use Mission Mojave, it's poo poo. It breaks tons of things and furthermore does stupid stuff like changing the gender of certain characters because "women can't be soldiers".

I recommend to only use Project Nevada Core for some UI enhancements and possibly rope kid's jsawyer.esp, if halving of your hitpoints and carrying capacity doesn't sound too scary. Maybe add some texture & weather mods as well, if you feel like the game is too ugly.

I was wrong when I picked FOOK over Project Nevada, I thought the former was less of an overhaul and didn't realize that Project Nevada was modular.

I've decided to ditch Mission Mojave/FOOK and use these mods:

• Weapon Mod Menu
  • Project Nevada (parts of it, at least)
  • WMX
  • jsawyer
  • Fallout New Vegas 4GB
  • Flashlight NVSE
  • oHUD (going to try this, not sure I'll like it)
  • Unified HUD
  • Right to Bear Arms
  • Better Loading Text
  • Better Perk Descriptions
  • Honest Hearts Letter
  • Music Recovery
  • CASM

Do any of these jump out as being low quality / something to avoid?

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 9, 2012

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Upmarket Mango posted:

Ugh. I spent the last hour going through from scratch setting up my enbseries.ini. I had FANTASTIC looking days but the night settings completely hosed them up and ruined them somehow despite me not touching the day settings once I had them where I wanted them. :bang:

Thanks for this. I'll check these out and see what I can come up with.

EDIT: By the way, what all can be edited at runtime? Just the ini or can the .fx files be changed as well without requiring a game restart?

Everything can be edited at runtime, even shader code. The problem with this is that the only way to find out that you broke something is when all postprocessing suddenly doen't work anymore. What I do when I change something in the code is to set one setting to some insane value that it completly breaks the visuals, so I instantly know when I made an error somewhere.

I already tweaked a few settings to make indoor locations a bit brighter. They are still pretty dark but should at least be bright enough so that you can walk through them. This also brightened the night but there's sadly no other solution for this as of now. The only changes I made are:

AmbientLightingCurveNight=0.7

and

AmbientLightingIntensityNight=1.0

The .7z file was already updated.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
So is it a generaly good idea not to use PN's Rebalance module then?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Parker Lewis posted:

I was wrong when I picked FOOK over Project Nevada, I thought the former was less of an overhaul and didn't realize that Project Nevada was modular.

• Weapon Mod Menu
  • WMX
  • jsawyer
  • Fallout New Vegas 4GB
  • Flashlight NVSE
  • Unified HUD
  • Right to Bear Arms
  • Better Loading Text
  • Honest Hearts Letter
  • Music Recovery
  • CASM

oHud is pretty rad, since it doesn't really change anything by default. It just adds things (which are all disabled by default) and lets you tweak the existing hud. And you apparently don't have The Mod Configuration Menu in there? That's necessary. I also recommend the MCM version of CASM since it makes tweaking it much easier.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Parker Lewis posted:

• Weapon Mod Menu
  • WMX
  • jsawyer
  • Fallout New Vegas 4GB
  • Flashlight NVSE
  • Unified HUD
  • Right to Bear Arms
  • Better Loading Text
  • Honest Hearts Letter
  • Music Recovery
  • CASM

Forget Flashlight NVSE, the lighting in the game engine is very poor and the hacks to create flashlight-like mods don't work well. Unified HUD is superseded by oHud, so don't install it. I also have a hunch that Right to Bear Arms might conflict with jsawyer.esp, but don't take my word for it.

Smol fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 9, 2012

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Arkitektbmw posted:

So is it a generaly good idea not to use PN's Rebalance module then?

Depends on what else you are using. I prefer Cirosan's Classic Overhaul + Jsawyer + Project Nevada Core and Equipment Modules.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Arkitektbmw posted:

That did the trick, thanks!

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

That did the trick, thanks!

Awesome, glad I was able to remember that.

So I've seen JSawyer's esp mentioned quite a bit. So does it effect the non-hardcore values of everything (that it changes)?

I'm still trying (like a pubbie) to remember how to compile a list of my mods without doing it by hand. Seriously I could have written the list out myself in the time it's taken me to find a utility to do it.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Arkitektbmw posted:

Awesome, glad I was able to remember that.

So I've seen JSawyer's esp mentioned quite a bit. So does it effect the non-hardcore values of everything (that it changes)?

Here's the short version of what it does:

• Bugfixes
  • Tweaked weapon & armor stats
  • It halves your hitpoints
  • It halves your carrying capacity
  • Max level is 35 and you gain XP much slower

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Arkitektbmw posted:

I'm still trying (like a pubbie) to remember how to compile a list of my mods without doing it by hand. Seriously I could have written the list out myself in the time it's taken me to find a utility to do it.

Open FOMM. Go to Load Order > Export. It will save as a text file you can copy/paste.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I was recommended to use Mission Mojave by this very thread not too long ago. I haven't had any issues with it. I've also run into female NCR soldiers so I dunno.

Gyshall posted:

Depends on what else you are using. I prefer Cirosan's Classic Overhaul + Jsawyer + Project Nevada Core and Equipment Modules.

I've been playing this lately, and it is goddamn wonderful. The only time I face bullet sponges is when I fight things way above my level. If you're the powergaming type you'll find plenty to love here. I'm playing on Hard difficulty and it feels juuust right. I'm level 9 and just about to leave Novac, so maybe it gets easier later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I was recommended to use Mission Mojave by this very thread not too long ago. I haven't had any issues with it. I've also run into female NCR soldiers so I dunno.

You can't do one of the NCR quests and Honest Hearts properly with MMUE right now.