Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitamean
May 31, 2012

404GoonNotFound posted:

Not sure how much of this is official, but I found a partial unlock list for Navigators:

code:
Fuuka - Complete 250 matches in Online Mode
Mitsuru - Complete all of a single character's challenges
Nanako - Play 50 hours in match time
Teddie - Complete Story Mode
Yosuke - Perform 1,000 Instant Kills
No idea how to unlock Aigis though, or whether Nanako's match time only counts Versus and Online or all modes (short of Story I guess).

There's probably another way to unlock Navigators, probably via Arcade or something. I did a run through Aracde as Yosuke, and afterwards unlocked Yosuke as a Navigator. There's a variety of reasons why that might have triggered (cleared on Normal, never lost a match, cleared as an investigation team member...), but outright purchasing them aside there seems to be more than one way to unlock them.

At the very least, I know I haven't done one thousand Instant Kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Moldy Taxes posted:

There's probably another way to unlock Navigators, probably via Arcade or something. I did a run through Aracde as Yosuke, and afterwards unlocked Yosuke as a Navigator. There's a variety of reasons why that might have triggered (cleared on Normal, never lost a match, cleared as an investigation team member...), but outright purchasing them aside there seems to be more than one way to unlock them.

Did you unlock him as a navigator or as the announcer voice?

In the options you can unlock announcer voices by beating arcade with that character. They'll read out the "ROUND ONE!" kind of stuff in a match. The navigator is something else entirely.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Is there some sort of loving trick to mashing all out attacks? I just cannot consistently get the full 15 into launcher or wall bounce and it just kills possible damage off of the dumb thing.

These dumb things are the only thing I dislike in this game, mashing them is so stupid.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

NecroMonster posted:

Is there some sort of loving trick to mashing all out attacks? I just cannot consistently get the full 15 into launcher or wall bounce and it just kills possible damage off of the dumb thing.

These dumb things are the only thing I dislike in this game, mashing them is so stupid.

There's a slight delay in the sound effects after the fifteenth hit you want to launch/blowback after.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Moldy Taxes posted:

No Yosuke should have unlocked as an announcer. Not a navigator. He'll shout like KO and so on but won't provide battle commentary that'll still be Rise or whoever. The other way to get navigators other then completing the ridiculous challenges is to buy them.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Vaerai Archon posted:

So is it just me or does Labrys switch between Boston, New York and New Jersey accents? I havn't heard a character makes accent switches like this since Vanille from FF13.

Vanilles VA is Australian so its not like she wasnt able to do the accent. I dont remember it switching.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
Did two of the story modes yesterday, really impressed so far although I get pretty bored in between fights when there's so much unvoiced inner dialogue. Not that I don't enjoy reading but when games get to cutscenes I'd rather leave it on autoplay as I also get a few things done on my computer. That and the fights really are my favorite part so the length of time between them feels a bit much at times. It's a REALLY well done story mode thus far though. Yukiko's "bad end" was great.

On the voices, Teddie's gotten to the point where I can't even tell the difference anymore. It's a much better replacement than the initial clips let on. I'm actually liking the new Chie too. There's a few not so great lines but overall it didn't feel too out of place once I got used to it. The exchanges she has with Yosuke and Yukiko all still feel like "yeah this is definitely Chie". Also she was incredibly feisty and full of energy in arcade mode, I liked that.

Labrys' voice is interesting and confused me at first because I only picked up on the accent a few times in arcade mode, and didn't even realize she was supposed to have an accent until I played through her arcade mode. I really like it though. I keep getting the mental image of her with a floor length skirt, a wooden practice sword and a right hand man/boyfriend who is a thug with a heart of gold and a ridiculous pompadour, all while they go around interrogating kids about vandalism or something. It's great.

As for titles, I'm going by "Emptiness Lovebird" since it was the best I could come up with on the fly to show my Adachi Supremacy/Bias. (spoilering that just in case) v:v:v I kinda like it.

Katsudon fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 10, 2012

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Vaerai Archon posted:

So is it just me or does Labrys switch between Boston, New York and New Jersey accents? I havn't heard a character makes accent switches like this since Vanille from FF13.

It's not fair to compare them because Labrys is awesome and everyone better be using her as the Round Call. :colbert:

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 10, 2012

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My title right now is Jack Frost And Blossom, which is the new sitcom that I'm pitching to NBC:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

LibbyM posted:

It's not fair to compare them because Labrys is awesome and everyone better be using her as the Round Call. :colbert:

Ugh, another loving robot? God, this is gonna be awfu-

"SORRY AIN'T GONNA CUT IT. WHAT WERE YOU GONNA DO IF YOU HURT ONE OF THE STUDENTS HERE UH?! :rant:"

:swoon:

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Terper posted:

Ugh, another loving robot? God, this is gonna be awfu-

"SORRY AIN'T GONNA CUT IT. WHAT WERE YOU GONNA DO IF YOU HURT ONE OF THE STUDENTS HERE UH?! :rant:"

:swoon:

I was also dreading it, like "Ugh, just wait for her to start calling Aigis loving SISTER!! goddamn"

Then she started actually talking and it's great

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Spiffo posted:

I was also dreading it, like "Ugh, just wait for her to start calling Aigis loving SISTER!! goddamn"

Yeah it's surprising how well east coast accents work for robots, then again other than Labrys there was only one other:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
The best are the Teddie interactions.

Teddie: "Ooh, maybe I'll get to score with Miss President!"

Labrys: "SKOWAAH?"

:allears:

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

What's the point of playing Elizabeth if you don't spam Maziodyne from across the stage? :v:

Maziodyne's not even that good for keepaway spam. The A version takes too long to recover from, and the B version takes too long to come out. You could use the SB version, I guess, but why waste the meter when you should be spending it spamming SB Maragidyne? :v:

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

NecroMonster posted:

The one useful technique I've heard is once you see them run into the cloud mash A+B like 6 times then press the followup. You should always get the fatal counter this way.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Just played through Arcade mode for the first time with Yuu. Does that cliffhanger ending of his get resolved if I play through Arcade with everyone else, or do I have to play Story Mode for that?

Also, I forgot how terrible the XBox 360 controller is for fighting games. I've really got to invest in a fight stick one of these days.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Just played through Arcade mode for the first time with Yuu. Does that cliffhanger ending of his get resolved if I play through Arcade with everyone else, or do I have to play Story Mode for that?

Also, I forgot how terrible the XBox 360 controller is for fighting games. I've really got to invest in a fight stick one of these days.

Not sure about Arcade mode, but with Story mode you have to play it once, unlock the 2 new characters, play it with one of them, unlock other characters, and then play it again with the character that unlocks, and then you can get the "true" ending with all the characters. I wonder if Arcade mode is tied to what you've done with that, cause I got exactly the same distance in Arcade mode as where Story mode ended for my first play through.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

dj_de posted:

The one useful technique I've heard is once you see them run into the cloud mash A+B like 6 times then press the followup. You should always get the fatal counter this way.

Yeah, do the overhead, a+b once to get running into it, then mash a+b together exactly 6 times and then C or D, I get it 100% of the time doing that.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Jumping on the bandwagon of sharing your title. Mine is Mr. Jelly Raindrops.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Thanks for the tips on all out attacks, I'm finally getting it most of the time now.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
I have a copy of this for 360 now so if you guys are interested in doing a tournament/weekly for it on 360 as well I can stream that with no problems.

edit: 360 not ps3 derp

Zexerous fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 10, 2012

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Labrys is a kick rear end new character. I think most of us agree on that, in any case. :unsmith: I wish I could tell who does her voice. Shadow Labrys sounds like Wendee Lee, but I can't be 100% sure about anything these days. Whoever does it, the accent is well-done. It's quirky and something I actually love hearing, for a change of pace.

I plan to crank out Mitsuru's story later tonight and then begin focusing on Arcade and Online using my PS3. I don't have much faith in myself yet, so I'm going to hold off on challenging anyone here. :shobon:

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
The only thing I'm kinda disappointed about the game is that there are no new playable characters. I thought heard somewhere that the console version was going to be drowning in new people!

Dogbutt fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 10, 2012

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The Grimace posted:

Labrys is a kick rear end new character. I think most of us agree on that, in any case. :unsmith: I wish I could tell who does her voice. Shadow Labrys sounds like Wendee Lee, but I can't be 100% sure about anything these days. Whoever does it, the accent is well-done. It's quirky and something I actually love hearing, for a change of pace.

Various sources on the interwebs are claiming it's Cindy Robinson. And now that I think about it... yeah, I can here a little Makoto Nanaya in there.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 11, 2012

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Even though Labrys's story mode is literally one fight, It's one of my favorites. The whole "Robot who has feelings" trope was pulled off very well in my opinion, and parts of it are actually quite dark. We find out how hosed up the Kirijo group actually is, and it's implied that one of Labrys's sisters committed 'suicide' by continuing to fight even though she was disarmed.

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

Verious sources on the interwebs are claiming it's Cindy Robinson. And now that I think about it... yeah, I can here a little Makoto Nanaya in there.

Yeah, its her. Boston Makoto is hilarious to me, but I think most people played Blazblue with the Japanese voices anyways. This game's english casting is really good though.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I wish there was a way for Labrys to voice my Max Payne 3 multiplayer character. "Don't gently caress wit' Inaba!"

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

All this Labrys voice talk just reminded me about the match I played against a Japanese Labrys, her voice is just fowl originally.

Also I think that guy yanked his ethernet cable out of his PS3 after I circus beared him, Circus Bear has been pissing people off.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dogbutt posted:

The only thing I'm kinda disappointed about the game is that there are no new playable characters. I thought heard somewhere that the console version was going to be drowning in new people!

I'm sorta glad it doesn't, it really has the perfect amount of characters/matchups right now for a 1v1 game. Granted I've literally never played a Persona game so I'm not missing my favorite character, but yeah.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Spiffo posted:

I'm told that Yukiko's Dia absorbs projectiles - how well? Does it work against the beam? Other Yukiko fans? Gunshots? This could be a game-changer when fighting Naoto (right now I rely on fan-throw > fire boost until they decide that fire boost is a problem and close the distance themselves)

edit: nice, that's awesome. Is there a writeup about what it does and does not soak up? I mean if it works against Maziodyne, it should work against just about anything.

What about projectile supers? (example: Yu's Ziodyne, other Yukiko Maragidynes, Naoto's shooty super)

It's doesn't "absorb" anything actually. It's just invincible to all projectiles, from startup until you release the buttons. nm, you are correct, it actually technically "blocks" projeciles, it's not invincible to them.

So yes that counts for ANYTHING that's a projectile, including supers and a bunch of normals too.

As far as practical uses go, it shuts down Teddie's ability to do Clown Ball setups, because Clown Ball is a projectile and so are every one of his item tosses. I think you can also use it on reaction to beat out any attempts by Akihiko to use Ziodyne->OMC. There are a bunch more too as I recall, OS stuff and things like that.

It's a pretty solid R-Action all things considered. Good for certain combos too.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 11, 2012

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

Also I think that guy yanked his ethernet cable out of his PS3 after I circus beared him, Circus Bear has been pissing people off.
I feel bad for people when I do Reversal Circus Bear and the person just sits there blocking. I'm just think "Man you're going to be so unhappy when you find out this is unblockable" :smith:

Alcoholism
Nov 17, 2010

Any sign of glasses and colors being unlockable outside of the store? I don't really give a toot about glasses but I wouldn't mind some extra palettes.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Circus Bear is the best move, I laugh so hard every time it hits.

Can you make circus setups with anything other than the buckets? I guess the robots or the dynamite in the corner?

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Groghammer posted:

Circus Bear is the best move, I laugh so hard every time it hits.

Can you make circus setups with anything other than the buckets? I guess the robots or the dynamite in the corner?

You might be able to use it while they're blocking the barrel. Not sure if it's fast enough.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I think you can also use it on reaction to beat out any attempts by Akihiko to use Ziodyne->OMC.

If you do this you're going to eat a fatal counter combo when he walks up to you, which is 100x worse than any combo he'd get off a mixup.

Cav
Jun 7, 2002

I'm a (3 star) Highway Star.

Spiffo posted:

Yeah, Labrys was done very well I thought. I'm surprised how well done she's been. She's also really fun to play as.

Almost 50% through story mode. Elizabeth's story mode is worth $60 alone. Every line of dialogue is magnificent. "Oh, my! Flames have suddenly burst from the speakers! How dreadful..."

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Mr. Trampoline posted:

I feel bad for people when I do Reversal Circus Bear and the person just sits there blocking. I'm just think "Man you're going to be so unhappy when you find out this is unblockable" :smith:

I had no idea about this. Been using it tonight and people just do not expect it at all.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
Labrys's Brooklyn accent is too much for me. How was that the voice they chose for her? It's too great.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Human posted:

Labrys's Brooklyn accent is too much for me. How was that the voice they chose for her? It's too great.

I'm not one to normally care about fg VAs but yeah hers is just that good. I almost want to play Labrys because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Argh! I'm at 99% for the story mode, uh I guess these are spoilers, I've done Yukiko's, Kanji's, Chie's bad end, I assume Yu has one?

• Locked thread