Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Gates' car that was scanned in by T10 was the 959, if I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

Seymour Butts posted:

Just posted a 1:22.029 on the alps challenge last night with a storefront tune. Just wanted to chime in and say that if you are serious about rivals times you really need to turn on the rewind feature. Not only does it allow you to take the first turn on alps (most tracks I'd imagine) as many times as you'd like without dirtying your lap, but it's also helpful on every turn when you are following a ghost car around. If you're really stuck I find it helpful to race against my own ghost. You don't have to worry about which tune you're racing against and it makes it easier to see where you can gain some time. Of course you don't get any bounty, but it's all for science!!

Now, I have a bit of a dumb question: Can anyone just give me a simple answer as to why the 190 is probably the best A class car that I have? I first started out with the Porsche Panamera and it's at least a few seconds slower on Alps. I just don't get how a 30 year old car outperforms a Ferrari or Porsche. I get it that the Merc has a number of upgrades and reduced weight, but it seems like my Porsche probably has 200-300 more HP and it handles much worse. Is this a tuning issue with my other cars or are all of the "best" cars going to be some 30 year old shitbox with Forza aero? I read on the Forza forums that the 190 was the best bet for this rivals challenge and all I can think is why?

EDIT: Didn't mean to quote you whatcubed! You don't need any of my advice since you're faster than me at every single rivals challenge!! Joey Aces here!

REALLY? No one has answered this yet?

It's about as simple as it gets- this car can have more downforce than any other sedan that is tuneable to A600. Since this entire track is fast enough to utilize downforce, it turns faster than any other A600 sedan.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
None of that matters. The simple answer is that the 190E Cosworth is just all around amazing, and if anyone calls it a shitbox again, I will murder them. Don't make me toxx myself, I'll kill you to not get banned.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

None of that matters. The simple answer is that the 190E Cosworth is just all around amazing, and if anyone calls it a shitbox again, I will murder them. Don't make me toxx myself, I'll kill you to not get banned.

I want to say it really is a shitbox, but that doesn't count because you know I don't really mean it.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

It's definitely not a shitbox. I love driving that thing.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy
req'd viewing for next week's IMSA race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdzBw4ICWTs

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

As for this Wednesday, I've been screwing around and not building cars and have no idea what to run. We're doing S700 tuned whatever, right?
Yeah, tonight's AUGR spec is S700 open tunes on Le Mans Le Sarthe (chicanes). I'm not going to be putting any tunes on my storefront this week as it turns out I'm not very good at tuning these cars. Feel free to cheat and d/l a tune from the storefront, rolling your own is highly encouraged though.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Yeah, tonight's AUGR spec is S700 open tunes on Le Mans Le Sarthe (chicanes). I'm not going to be putting any tunes on my storefront this week as it turns out I'm not very good at tuning these cars. Feel free to cheat and d/l a tune from the storefront, rolling your own is highly encouraged though.

I'm tempted to participate in this race with my Spada. Hmmm...

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cannot Find Server posted:

I'm tempted to participate in this race with my Spada. Hmmm...
Out of all the cars I have tested, both storefront downloads and tunes I've made, the fastest hot lap I ran was with a no-aero Spada :stare:

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I'm in, self-tune in hand.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I'm (hopefully) prepared for tonight's GTCC festivities. Since this is apparently a cheater car, I've modified its livery with the obligatory wizard and his wizard's hat.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't care if it's a cheater car, I'm not good at driving it anyway.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I coopted the same Wizard for my cheater car for tonight (but cheater cars aren't enough to help me).

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Dr. Faustus posted:

I coopted the same Wizard for my cheater car for tonight (but cheater cars aren't enough to help me).

I love this livery and I love the backmarker bros tag.:hf:

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy
I have no clue what car to pick, I can't seem to get anything faster than a 4:05, and I have no clue how to get a R2 rated car into S class...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why would you want to? Anything that lowers PI from stock just makes the car terrible to drive. In Forza 3 people kept dropping the Barracuda from E to F. The car was all "HURR DURR POWWWEEERR" but couldn't turn for poo poo. Which was always hilarious when whatever moron who used it took the inside line and used me as extra grip.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
So all the other GTCC people are taking "sports cars" for R3. Me? I'm driving a Ford Fusion. Stocker.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

Why would you want to? Anything that lowers PI from stock just makes the car terrible to drive. In Forza 3 people kept dropping the Barracuda from E to F. The car was all "HURR DURR POWWWEEERR" but couldn't turn for poo poo. Which was always hilarious when whatever moron who used it took the inside line and used me as extra grip.

My Saturn Ion in Forza 3 that I glitched down from D to E was one of the best cars in E class. I set several top-500 times in that thing and even beat L Harrison with it in GTCC.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

YF19pilot posted:

So all the other GTCC people are taking "sports cars" for R3. Me? I'm driving a Ford Fusion. Stocker.

I really wanna watch this race, haha.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

silverbullitt850 posted:

I have no clue what car to pick, I can't seem to get anything faster than a 4:05, and I have no clue how to get a R2 rated car into S class...

4:05? gently caress me. I can't find anything to run under a 4:15. I'm doing something wrong.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
For GTCC tonight I'm going to be one of 14 Subarus.

I've made a huge mistake.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

4:05? gently caress me. I can't find anything to run under a 4:15. I'm doing something wrong.

Fuzzy and whatcubed were running 4:07's, I ran one, once. I was averaging 4:10 so I decided not to race.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

silverbullitt850 posted:

Fuzzy and whatcubed were running 4:07's, I ran one, once. I was averaging 4:10 so I decided not to race.

Because those times would have put you in a solid 3rd/4th place? Heaven forbid you don't win every race.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

silverbullitt850 posted:

My fastest was a dirty 4:17. I ain't even mad.

Fuzzy ran a 4:03.3xx by the way.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

silverbullitt850 posted:

:qq:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

ForbiddenWonder posted:

I really wanna watch this race, haha.

We just wrapped it up, and here are my results:

Sebring - 5th place (in contention for 4th & 3rd), 0% aero damage
Leguna Seca - 9th place, 50% aero damage on 1st lap & pitted to fix gearbox damage
Maple Vally - 15th place, 100% aero damage on 1st lap (also did tow truck duty)

I purchased a tune on the storefront that claimed about 7:05 or 7:08 on the Nordschleif. Not sure if it's true or not, but it is a pretty solid and stable car, keeping up with the 312s when I didn't have any damage. But it gets hamstrug badly when the aero gets damaged.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I can't believe nobody's posted about this:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/15/thrustmaster-ferrari-gt-cockpit-458-italia-racing-wheel-f1-gamepad/

Ignore the silly gamepad.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
A reminder that the Community Challenge ends at 8 AM tomorrow morning. Time to beat is 1:22.03. I managed a 1:21.688 with a storefront tune 190E, ABS and no clutch manual. The dev who set the challenge is pretty consistent but he brakes early even considering I'm rolling ABS.

Edit: It's looking like the unicorn will be the MINE's R-34 unless someone bombs the poll.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 16, 2012

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Ran these bad boys for the GTCC race tonight, me and Phancypants like us some JAAAGS :smug:

(Click for bigshot)

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

Well, apparantly it supports force feedback? Thats gotta be a good thing, most dont.

That pad looks kinda fucky, but those "speed" LEDs? I'd like to know more about how they work, but at a guess they just light up brighter the more the trigger is squeezed? Pretty sure the xbox doesn't communicate anything like speed/rpm or any game data really to the pad.

Nice to see some wheel alternatives finally coming around though, even if I'm still not getting one

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy

Fair enough. I dunno, I got to that point after testing cars for like 2 hours and I realized it wasn't really fun to drive new LeMans. Whatcubed and Fuzzie were sharing cars in our party and wouldn't tell us what they were, so that was pretty lame too.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

silverbullitt850 posted:

Fair enough. I dunno, I got to that point after testing cars for like 2 hours and I realized it wasn't really fun to drive new LeMans. Whatcubed and Fuzzie were sharing cars in our party and wouldn't tell us what they were, so that was pretty lame too.

I don't care if I get probation. You're a shitbag that everyone here dreads racing with. We're all just waiting for you to move on to another forum and poo poo up their forza clubs instead.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy

GutBomb posted:

I don't care if I get probation. You're a shitbag that everyone here dreads racing with. We're all just waiting for you to move on to another forum and poo poo up their forza clubs instead.

I have to assume you're trying to be funny.

If not, remind me who you are on XBL again? Maybe that way I can remember what I did to piss you off, besides winning.

Edit: Found spreadsheet. Seriously? Don't know what I ever did to you in a race. Sorry for whatever it was though, I do pride myself on racing cleanly.

silverbullitt850 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 16, 2012

Minijaka
Apr 6, 2006
I'm so original.

Captain Hair posted:

That pad looks kinda fucky, but those "speed" LEDs? I'd like to know more about how they work, but at a guess they just light up brighter the more the trigger is squeezed? Pretty sure the xbox doesn't communicate anything like speed/rpm or any game data really to the pad.

I had bought a madcats wheel for the original xbox that had a light up 'tach', and it basically just lights up based on how far I pressed the pedal.

Useless at best, distracting at worst. I bought it mainly so if I split screen the other guy has something to use. I used the much better Speedster 3 wheel.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Is your GT Captain Howdy 0?

O wait that's me.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

Well, I'm glad someone said it.

Also, started playing Persona 4 and after 2 hours I realized that the race had started a half an hour ago. Whoops! Maybe I'll be there next week.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dr. Faustus posted:

Is your GT Captain Howdy 0?

O wait that's me.

I thought I was Captain Howdy 0. It made sense because I always argue with Bentron so I thought he left the club to his millions of club invites because of me.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
gtcc?

More like gtqq.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

silverbullitt850 posted:

I have to assume you're trying to be funny.

If not, remind me who you are on XBL again? Maybe that way I can remember what I did to piss you off, besides winning.

Edit: Found spreadsheet. Seriously? Don't know what I ever did to you in a race. Sorry for whatever it was though, I do pride myself on racing cleanly.

A lot of the others have apparently been around you longer than I have, but from what I've seen it's not an issue of racing cleanly but one of attitude. Few weeks back we waited a "few minutes" for you to grab a tune off the storefront for a spec and you finally made it back in 15-20 minutes later after we got sick of waiting. And then you get butthurt and ragequit after being bumped in turn 1 and getting aero damage after we spent that time waiting for you. And then we have last night. You seem to want to be involved, have some good spec ideas, etc., but then just decide you don't want to race because you're not turning in the fastest times and the track isn't your ideal choice. Yeah, there's competition in AUGR, but mostly we're just race bros who laugh when someone smashes their poo poo into a wall. Chill out and take poo poo less seriously and I have no problem with you hanging around, but the current attitude is annoying as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Strenots posted:

Yeah, there's competition in AUGR, but mostly we're just race bros who laugh when someone smashes their poo poo into a wall.

Hey man, sometimes those tire walls just jump out in front of you.

Also, :suspense:.

• Locked thread