Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ProjektorBoy posted:

Razrs Edge is the new Moto root tool. Motofail relied on a Gingerbread-specific exploit.

Yep, it worked just fine after I found it on XDA. drat, I was not aware how much I was missing out on by not having ICS, this is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So I just ported my wife's lost iphone phone number to a loaner LG ally. I assume I am stuck at 2.2.x?

I downloaded handsent sms as it was the app I used back in the day with my evo 4g. I appear to be unable to send or receive mms messages. Do I need to enable something on the Ally? I am looking around online, but so far no help. Just wanted to see if there was a common android/ally issue that I am not finding.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Okay so about 4 months ago I bought a rezound off craigslist. I thought it was stock but when I tried to run the ICS update today the clockwork recovery mod came up. It must have prevented me from getting the ICS update. When I try to run the first part of the OTA update it says:

Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Verifiyng update package ...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

But according to Titanium Backup I'm not rooted.

So now I'm stuck somewhere in some non-root, non-stock, no ICS hell.

What can I do to fix this?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

metachronos posted:

Okay so about 4 months ago I bought a rezound off craigslist. I thought it was stock but when I tried to run the ICS update today the clockwork recovery mod came up. It must have prevented me from getting the ICS update. When I try to run the first part of the OTA update it says:

Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Verifiyng update package ...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

But according to Titanium Backup I'm not rooted.

So now I'm stuck somewhere in some non-root, non-stock, no ICS hell.

What can I do to fix this?

You should be able to get your hands on a copy of the full official flash file (possibly for the new update), which will also flash the stock recovery.

If it's not the most recent version, you should then be able to pull down the OTA and apply normally.

But since it's already got CWM, why not just flash a CM9 or CM10 (not sure what the state of CM10 for the Rezound is ATM) build?

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
That's probably what I'm going to do. Since it already has CWM I'm going to assume it also has s-off and an unlocked bootloader?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

metachronos posted:

That's probably what I'm going to do. Since it already has CWM I'm going to assume it also has s-off and an unlocked bootloader?

It's a pretty safe bet, but I wouldn't assume anything.

I'm not that familiar with HTC gear, but I bet there's a way to check.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Used Galaxy Nexus for Verizon is currently $210 at cowboom.com, with 30 day no questions asked return policy. For reference, a condition of 5 on a Bionic was no screen scratches and light scuffs in two places on the edge, but some of the listings say more specifically the condition.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 15, 2012

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Has there been any recent news on Verizon's voice over LTE plans?

The leaks coming out for the new iPhone show only a 1440 mAh battery which is only a hair bigger than the 4S.

We also know Apple will not let an LTE phone out the door if it will have crap battery life, as they've said as much before. However it sounds like LTE in the phone is a foregone conclusion. If the phone needs to keep both radios hot so voice calls can come in, I'd have to imagine that a LTE iPhone with a Thunderbolt-sized battery would still offer something more along the lines of Thunderbolt-quality battery life as opposed to what people expect from an iPhone.

So what are the odds that Apple & the carriers will pull a rabbit out of their hats at the grand reveal here and say they're running VoLTE starting with the iPhone?

The thing that makes me think this is maybe in the works, beyond the battery size, is this set of localized warning messages that got dug out of iOS this spring. One mentions disabling 4G would terminate a call in progress, and obviously if VoLTE were used, turning off LTE would kill any call done over the LTE connection.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

kitten smoothie posted:

The leaks coming out for the new iPhone show only a 1440 mAh battery which is only a hair bigger than the 4S.

We also know Apple will not let an LTE phone out the door if it will have crap battery life, as they've said as much before. However it sounds like LTE in the phone is a foregone conclusion. If the phone needs to keep both radios hot so voice calls can come in, I'd have to imagine that a LTE iPhone with a Thunderbolt-sized battery would still offer something more along the lines of Thunderbolt-quality battery life as opposed to what people expect from an iPhone.

So what are the odds that Apple & the carriers will pull a rabbit out of their hats at the grand reveal here and say they're running VoLTE starting with the iPhone?

The thing that makes me think this is maybe in the works, beyond the battery size, is this set of localized warning messages that got dug out of iOS this spring. One mentions disabling 4G would terminate a call in progress, and obviously if VoLTE were used, turning off LTE would kill any call done over the LTE connection.

There's been months worth of rumors that Apple will be using newer Qualcomm chips with lower power consumption. The new panels have been rumored to use less power as well.

kstatix
Mar 20, 2006

kitten smoothie posted:

From what I understand they're looking to blanket 3G coverage areas with LTE, then look into deploying LTE-Advanced which would open up the gateway for VoLTE.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Will it be possible for current LTE phones to use VoLTE? Would be kind of lame if another blow the the GNex is that you can't use voice over LTE.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I doubt the iPhone will launch with VoLTE. Verizon has always maintained that early 2013 is when VoLTE will go live. The stuff is probably just in iOS so that it can use it when it does go live.

LTE radios are getting much better. The S4 chipset has greatly reduced power consumption so I'm betting that Apple is doing something similar with bringing LTE on chip with everything else.

If they can get LTE down to the power consumption level of EVDO, then there's nothing much to worry about as far as battery life goes as the situation will be no worse than it is right now (1xRTT and EVDO have to both run at the same time currently.) LTE will just take EVDO's place where it is available.

Cojawfee posted:

Will it be possible for current LTE phones to use VoLTE? Would be kind of lame if another blow the the GNex is that you can't use voice over LTE.

No one really knows right now. It already kind of blows that the GNex isn't a global phone when it's completely capable of doing it. So i wouldn't be surprised if it was passed over for VoLTE.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 16, 2012

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Google Voice Question: I just activated my new Verizon phone (coming from Sprint). On my last number I was able to text from Google voice and have it show up as me, without having the port the number. When I text from Google voice now, it shows the GV number. What do I need to do?

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

RVProfootballer posted:

Used Galaxy Nexus for Verizon is currently $210 at cowboom.com, with 30 day no questions asked return policy. For reference, a condition of 5 on a Bionic was no screen scratches and light scuffs in two places on the edge, but some of the listings say more specifically the condition.

I would not advise anyone to buy or use that phone for any amount of money if they want a functional smartphone that lasts a day without incredibly nutty suggestions from zealots(Dude aren't you near an outlet at work?) and or hours of modding. I even tried the latter and it is still awful and I have the extended battery.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Munkaboo posted:

Google Voice Question: I just activated my new Verizon phone (coming from Sprint). On my last number I was able to text from Google voice and have it show up as me, without having the port the number. When I text from Google voice now, it shows the GV number. What do I need to do?

Download the google voice app and use that. Verizon does or offer google voice integration.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

Download the google voice app and use that. Verizon does or offer google voice integration.

I did download it, but I mainly text through the GV Site and I want my mobile number to show up when I text from the site.

Also when someone texted my mobile number I could see it on GV before.

I think this was a Sprint-only feature :(

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 16, 2012

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Duckman2008 posted:

You have to port your number into Google Voice. It probably came out when you switched from Sprint. There isn't the same level of integration on Verizon that Sprint had.

Note that doing so will probably trigger an ETF on Verizon, unless you work out some trickery with them.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]

Munkaboo posted:

I did download it, but I mainly text through the GV Site and I want my mobile number to show up when I text from the site.

Also when someone texted my mobile number I could see it on GV before.

I think this was a Sprint-only feature :(

Yeah, from what I've seen, that level of integration is Sprint-only for now. What I do for the few people I text regularly is have them text my GV number, and that'll send a different number to my phone, which I can then save as a contact for texting that person from Handcent or whatever. It isn't the most elegant solution - it means I have to keep a 'Mobile' and a 'Google Voice SMS' number on file for a few people - but it works, I guess.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

gently caress, that really sucks. I ALWAYS used Google Voice to text people... oh well.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Nayato posted:

Yeah, from what I've seen, that level of integration is Sprint-only for now. What I do for the few people I text regularly is have them text my GV number, and that'll send a different number to my phone, which I can then save as a contact for texting that person from Handcent or whatever. It isn't the most elegant solution - it means I have to keep a 'Mobile' and a 'Google Voice SMS' number on file for a few people - but it works, I guess.

I'm still waiting for GV to mask my mobile's number every time I call out. I've had friends look through their call logs, react with surprise when they see some number neither of us recognize, only to figure out eventually that it's my non-GV number.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dane cook torrent posted:

I would not advise anyone to buy or use that phone for any amount of money if they want a functional smartphone that lasts a day without incredibly nutty suggestions from zealots(Dude aren't you near an outlet at work?) and or hours of modding. I even tried the latter and it is still awful and I have the extended battery.

On the other hand, I have one and get home with ~40% left with screen on time of ~1 hour from messing around at lunch and off-and-on through the day. But yeah, if "using your phone at work" means watching videos or playing games non-stop, then you'll burn through the battery quickly. If it means actually working and occasionally using your phone for email, calls, etc., you'll be fine. Bonus points if you can use wifi, although I've found the screen kills the battery much more than just idling on LTE.

In any case, thanks for bringing it up again, because you can use coupon code "Nexus30" to take $30 off and make it an even better deal.

Edit: Not trying to discredit your input or be a dick or anything :shobon: But this is a steal for what is definitely in the top 3 4 Android phones on Verizon (GS3, Razr Maxx, [oh and the new Incredible I guess], and this) and software-wise the best.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 16, 2012

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

RVProfootballer posted:

On the other hand, I have one and get home with ~40% left with screen on time of ~1 hour from messing around at lunch and off-and-on through the day. But yeah, if "using your phone at work" means watching videos or playing games non-stop, then you'll burn through the battery quickly. If it means actually working and occasionally using your phone for email, calls, etc., you'll be fine. Bonus points if you can use wifi, although I've found the screen kills the battery much more than just idling on LTE.

In any case, thanks for bringing it up again, because you can use coupon code "Nexus30" to take $30 off and make it an even better deal.

Edit: Not trying to discredit your input or be a dick or anything :shobon: But this is a steal for what is definitely in the top 3 Android phones on Verizon (GS3, Razr Maxx, and this) and software-wise the best.

Well great if they can resell the phone, but buy one to use?

I use google voice for texting, which might cause the data usage to go up, but the bottom line is there's simply a ton of evidence that everyone has the same problem if they use the phone the same way they would their other smart phones. The screen size, especially when displaying white colors, loving murders the battery. This isn't even touching on how lovely the radios are.

edit: I have zero games on my phone and watch zero videos.

The Balance Niggy fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 16, 2012

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Well great if they can resell the phone, but buy one to use?

I use google voice for texting, which might cause the data usage to go up, but the bottom line is there's simply a ton of evidence that everyone has the same problem if they use the phone the same way they would their other smart phones. The screen size, especially when displaying white colors, loving murders the battery. This isn't even touching on how lovely the radios are.

That's great and all, but your post was pretty blatant hyperbole. I use "incredibly nutty suggestions from zealots" like keeping two Gmail account synced, checking Twitter/Facebook/Google+ whenever, texting and calling, reading ebooks, and looking up random poo poo on the internet, while leaving wifi and LTE on all the time. Like I said, if you're working a night shift or something where you have tons of downtime, something like the Razr Maxx would be better. I get that that might describe a lot of people in the thread. Otherwise, if you're working at work, not playing Angry Animals and streaming anime, the thing is fine.

Fake edit: Tedious_bastard 2.0 :argh: Sorry your phone sucks, hope you can get a working one someday.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 16, 2012

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

RVProfootballer posted:

That's great and all, but your post was pretty blatant hyperbole. I use "incredibly nutty suggestions from zealots" like keeping two Gmail account synced, checking Twitter/Facebook/Google+ whenever, texting and calling, reading ebooks, and looking up random poo poo on the internet, while leaving wifi and LTE on all the time. Like I said, if you're working a night shift or something where you have tons of downtime, something like the Razr Maxx would be better. I get that that might describe a lot of people in the thread. Otherwise, if you're working at work, not playing Angry Animals and streaming anime, the thing is fine.

Fake edit: Tedious_bastard 2.0 :argh: Sorry your phone sucks, hope you can get a working one someday.

You answered mine with some of your own. When I pointed out that I didn't watch videos or play games you devolved into assuming I'm 12(quite possible!) with nine million things running at the same time not knowing the consequences. I have tried cyanogen and a handful of others including latest firmware up until 5 months ago when I just gave up.

You know this thread made me do a search the other day on if the phone has good firmware now and is working, and I found an entire article written by a guy who felt just like most samsung nexus users feel, based on any metric, and he was elated and it seemed like the problems were fixed. Turn back the clocks though and on the battery benchmarks done on any number of sites put it at the bottom.

Is this the case and why you're defending it or is it because you own it?

I want to make it clear that I still own this piece of poo poo and have to use it still.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

My gnex gets through a day without issue. The only time I've ever had to either recharge the battery or swap to a fresh battery was when I was using wireless tethering nonstop.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

bull3964 posted:

ICS for the Droid 4 should be rolling soon.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/08/13/droid-4-ice-cream-sandwich-update-approved-by-verizon/

My guess is the Bionic won't be far behind.

Any chance Jelly Bean comes to the Bionic? I'm spoiled with my N7 and want it on my Bionic and the battery life has also been terrible on it lately.

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

Mr. Despair posted:

My gnex gets through a day without issue. The only time I've ever had to either recharge the battery or swap to a fresh battery was when I was using wireless tethering nonstop.

So could you provide more context than a two line anecdote? What firmware are you running? What do you primarily do? Do you use google voice? etc

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

So an unidentified individual (probably a Samsung or Verizon employee) has handed an unsecured aboot.img (the bootloader) for the Verizon GS3 to the developers.

We now have unfettered access to the phone. No more kexec fuckery to boot custom kernels, etc.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

So could you provide more context than a two line anecdote? What firmware are you running? What do you primarily do? Do you use google voice? etc

I'll jump in on this.

If I take care and watch my usage my gnex (bugles beast and stock ics) can make a work day. I do have to charge before bed or it will die but I can see an average person getting through a day on it. In fact a 17 y/o girl that works for me bought the gnex because she loved her nexus s so much and saw I had one. I warned her about battery and honestly she never complains.

Sure you might do more. Hell I do more and couldn't handle the battery myself and currently my gnex gets used very little. But to say Its a horrible piece of poo poo is obnoxious and you know it.

And yes. I switched to a maxx. But if I wouldn't of had that option the extended would have fixed my problems.

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

EbolaIvory posted:

But to say Its a horrible piece of poo poo is obnoxious and you know it.

Five months ago this was not the case, are you saying this has been your experience since the beginning of this year? Just look literally anywhere dude. You know every other forum for customization/etc blasts this phone right? pretty much openly? I'm honestly asking if things have changed. I bought an extended battery, I dealth with multiple firmwares official and custom, it's still a hunk of poo poo to me and I have a right to call it that... but I honestly think this new firmware might be the fix

Problem is, no one is loving saying what they were running(version numbers go with generic names, FYI) or if they saw a performance boost in the last 5+ months.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Five months ago this was not the case, are you saying this has been your experience since the beginning of this year? Just look literally anywhere dude. You know every other forum for customization/etc blasts this phone right? pretty much openly? I'm honestly asking if things have changed. I bought an extended battery, I dealth with multiple firmwares official and custom, it's still a hunk of poo poo to me and I have a right to call it that... but I honestly think this new firmware might be the fix

Problem is, no one is loving saying what they were running(version numbers go with generic names, FYI) or if they saw a performance boost in the last 5+ months.

Are you really this pissed off? I've had a gnex since its release day in December. I've had very little issues minus some quality control problems which verizon gave me new devices for. Stock ics would imply 4.0.4 and bugless beast would imply I'm running the newest. Are you loving stupid?

Yes its not the most amazing phone in the world but its been a solid device for myself and everyone I know locally with one. Normal people and nerds alike. Ya sure battery could be better but that's literally my only complaint right now. JB had fixed everything but the battery problem. And I had an upgrade to burn before the switch so I went to a maxx.

Again keep crying or buy a new loving phone. God drat some of you guys bitch a lot. Christ I dont even carry the drat thing anymore full time. It gets used on my days off. And those days its fantastic.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 16, 2012

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

EbolaIvory posted:

Are you really this pissed off? I've had a gnex since its release day in December. I've had very little issues minus some quality control problems which verizon gave me new devices for. Stock ics would imply 4.0.4 and bugless beast would imply I'm running the newest. Are you loving stupid?

Yes its not the most amazing phone in the world but its been a solid device for myself and everyone I know locally with one. Normal people and nerds alike. Ya sure battery could be better but that's literally my only complaint right now. JB had fixed everything but the battery problem. And I had an upgrade to burn before the switch so I went to a maxx.

Again keep crying or buy a new loving phone. God drat some of you guys bitch a lot.

I really don't give a poo poo as long as I can warn other people. Yes, I am that pissed... by the nature of how phones are "purchased" here I just took a huge loss should I want to stay with this carrier, and even then voiding my contract costs a bit too.

There's a reason the phone has a bad reputation and when I wandered into the thread I was immediately hit with confirmations of my frustrations, not that I need SA to even loving verify what was already. Those of you happy with it, great... glad you enjoyed it. Wonder why you switched phones, though?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

The big issue, as I see it, is there's no point in buying a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon anymore. The SGSIII bootloader has been broken and it's going to have great dev support with all of the hardware being the same for all the US devices. The SGSIII is much superior hardware and the update situation for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus is pretty much hopeless at this point.

If you are going to have to load custom ROMs to keep your device current (and this is the hard cold reality about the Verizon Galaxy Nexus), you might as well go with the better hardware.

Personally, I don't think it's going to matter shortly as I would expect the Verizon Galaxy Nexus to be EOLd within the next month, month and a half.

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

bull3964 posted:

The big issue, as I see it, is there's no point in buying a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon anymore. The SGSIII bootloader has been broken and it's going to have great dev support with all of the hardware being the same for all the US devices. The SGSIII is much superior hardware and the update situation for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus is pretty much hopeless at this point.

If you are going to have to load custom ROMs to keep your device current (and this is the hard cold reality about the Verizon Galaxy Nexus), you might as well go with the better hardware.

Personally, I don't think it's going to matter shortly as I would expect the Verizon Galaxy Nexus to be EOLd within the next month, month and a half.

How does its lifespan compare with other phones? I actually bought this phone as a blind purchase at the suggestion of a friend I trusted who is way into phones and he was off the mark a bit it seems

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

bull3964 posted:

Right, but dane cook torrent started in when I posted you could get a used Galaxy Nexus for $180 from a reputable seller with a 30 day no questions asked return policy. Would you agree that is a good option if you are stuck on Verizon? Especially now that using a subsidized upgrade kills your unlimited data, I'm sure anyone stuck on a 1st gen LTE phone or older might still be happy to take advantage of that, don't you think?

sourdough fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 16, 2012

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

How does its lifespan compare with other phones? I actually bought this phone as a blind purchase at the suggestion of a friend I trusted who is way into phones and he was off the mark a bit it seems

Other normal phones? About the same. The Razr and Razr MAXX are likely to go EOL in about the same timeframe. These phones are almost a year old at this point, that's a pretty drat long lifespan.

As far as Nexus devices go, the only point of reference is really the Sprint Nexus S 4G as it's really the only other carrier branded Nexus device. That went on sale in May of 2011 and was EOLd May of 2012.

So, the life is around a year and that seems pretty average for a phone. The difference is, Google will continue supporting it through AOSP. Whether or not Verizon ever pushes those updates is another story though.

RVProfootballer posted:

Right, but dane cook torrent started in when I posted you could get a used Galaxy Nexus for $180 from a reputable seller with a 30 day no questions asked return policy. Would you agree that is a good option if you are stuck on Verizon? Especially now that using a subsidized upgrade kills your unlimited data, I'm sure anyone stuck on a 1st gen LTE phone or older might still be happy to take advantage of that, don't you think?

It's not a terrible option, no. The only thing I would be leery about is the Galaxy Nexus isn't the most durable of devices so I would expect a used one to be pretty beat. But with a no questions asked return policy it's hard to go wrong.

What I find slightly amusing is the Galaxy Nexus on the used market seems to have tanked in value faster than the Bionic.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 16, 2012

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

bull3964 posted:

What I find slightly amusing is the Galaxy Nexus on the used market seems to have tanked in value faster than the Bionic.

Speculation as to why this might have happened?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Honestly? My guess is supply. There were probably far fewer Bionics sold. It was only on the market for two months before the Razr came out, at which time it became silly to buy one. Cowboom would only have the Bionic in stock every other week for awhile there (I was considering picking one up for a spare/beater phone since I already have an extended battery.)

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Because they are 350 BRAND NEW from the play store for everyone not cdma. Not a hard concept.

Wonder why you switched phones, though?

Because I needed more battery and had an upgrade to burn before the data switch. In a actual work day I can burn my gnex to 50% by noon because I'm on my phone all loving day. My note was the same way. So was my atrix and my sgs2 and my skyrocket. Or my lumia.

I needed a massive battery and the maxx is the only one I didn't have to bulk my phone up for or carry a second battery. Because gently caress that. I ain't carrying poo poo extra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Also, are we really starting another round of "Samsung has totally changed, the new Galaxy S will get updates so fast!" Why don't we wait and see. You may end up being right, and the CDMA Nexus obviously does suck compared to the GSM version in this respect. But this is the Verizon thread, so your options are: 1) deal with Verizon update delays, 2) deal with Verizon update delays and OEM update delays, or 3) buy an iPhone. The Verizon Nexus at least falls somewhere between 1 and 2, where every other Android phone is in situation 2 and the GSM Nexus is in 1.

• Locked thread