Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Why the hell is he not wearing a helmet? Is the movie only like 15 minutes long and ends with all his organs being donated?

Somehow you missed the fact the bike has no brakes either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Not a movie, but I just came across this interesting ad in the New Yorker for TV show Boss: :psyduck:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Voluspa posted:

Somehow you missed the fact the bike has no brakes either.

There are bikes with no brakes, you know. Fixed gear bikes with no brakes are actually fairly popular among a lot of hipsters. And he specifically points out in the trailer that he rides the no brakes bike with no safety gear cause he likes the...RUSH that he gets from the danger.

I think Premium Rush looks good, although that poster definitely does not :colbert:

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
Got some more Resident Evil posters at work the other day, are they even trying now?

Looks like she's about to fall over

And i can't help but think that Jovovichs head in each shot are from a few year apart.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Civilisation has collapsed, zombies are everywhere... and Ada's still wearing a cocktail dress and high heels.

So it's being true to the games, then. :v:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

There's something really unappealing about whatever that is Jovovich is wearing.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It's the least hot S&M corset I've ever seen.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I'm sure that's Selene's get up from Underworld.

I also think the gun in her right hand is crooked in the first poster.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Legion of One posted:

Got some more Resident Evil posters at work the other day, are they even trying now?

Looks like she's about to fall over

And i can't help but think that Jovovichs head in each shot are from a few year apart.

Why does Ada look more realistic in the games than she does in this poster?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Jesus, in the timg version of that first poster, Jovovich looks like a cel-shaded character from Fear Effect.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think both of those posters pretty much sum up the insanity/stupidity of the RE movies, really.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I really, really liked the teaser for Retribution but I can't bring myself to watch it until 2 years from now when it's on FX, and I'm cleaning up or something.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I really, really liked the teaser for Retribution but I can't bring myself to watch it until 2 years from now when it's on FX, and I'm cleaning up or something.

I haven't seen a Resident Evil movie since the second one(maybe some of the third) but the Retribution trailer looks kind of interesting. Oded Fehr, Michelle Rodriguez and Colin Salmon being in it again is kind of cool

But basically what you said: It's a watch on TV kinda movie, or catch it when a friend's watching it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Why does Ada look more realistic in the games than she does in this poster?
Because there's probably more computer work been put into de-aging Li Bingbing by about 20 years for that poster.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LesterGroans posted:

I haven't seen a Resident Evil movie since the second one(maybe some of the third) but the Retribution trailer looks kind of interesting. Oded Fehr, Michelle Rodriguez and Colin Salmon being in it again is kind of cool

But basically what you said: It's a watch on TV kinda movie, or catch it when a friend's watching it.

That and the Underworld movies.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Speleothing posted:

That is a dolphin who has been painted to look like an Orca.

Orcas are dolphins :eng101:

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Dick Trauma posted:

Do not forget this gem:

I first read it as "Solar Rabies" and was a lot more excited. :smith:

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Oded Fehr needs to be in some the new RE posters

I dunno about you guys, but if I see that movie, it will be just for him. There is a whole untapped market out there that the posters ignore!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Legion of One posted:

This poster pretty much sums up everything I would want in a RE movie.

Also back breaks (ie having to pedal backwards to break) seems to be a thing with kids these days and there skinny bikes. Ditto for fixed gear. Both these things have some drawbacks though (ie try slowing down when going downhill when the natural motion of your bike is propelling you to pedal faster and preventing you from breaking).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Those posters made me look up the trailer for it and what the gently caress. The best part is picking up on the poo poo they completely lift from the games and throw in their movies. So at least someone in the production is still playing them.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
We also had a display for it as well, but a few weeks ago we got a email telling all cinemas to get rid of all poster and displays for resident evil due to the tag line "think global, kill local"....

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
An old favorite I remember seeing many a time on the shelf at our now dead local mom and pop video store...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Legion of One posted:

Oh poo poo the Enclave is apart of Umbrella now? drat I want a Fallout movie :(

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person looking forwards to the next Resident Evil movie.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Glamorama26 posted:

An old favorite I remember seeing many a time on the shelf at our now dead local mom and pop video store...

That reminds me of a couple of other bug movies from my childhood:

"Bug" with the underrated Bradford Dillman and a legion of fire-starting roaches:

The creepy "Phase IV" featuring ants up the wazoo and some very old-fashioned tech:

And the only movie where you can see Paul Winfield consumed by a ravaging horde of cockroaches, or maybe a blanket with shreds of paper on it, "Damnation Alley":

I swear to you that special effects in the '70s were not always this bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjiOb8WZoEo

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Slasherfan posted:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person looking forwards to the next Resident Evil movie.
Nah, they're really funny and worth watching. They're perfect 90's style schlock and it's kind of amazing that they're being made in 2012.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Dick Trauma posted:

And the only movie where you can see Paul Winfield consumed by a ravaging horde of cockroaches, or maybe a blanket with shreds of paper on it, "Damnation Alley":

I loved this movie as a kid but totally forgot its name. Thank you.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Surlaw posted:

Nah, they're really funny and worth watching. They're perfect 90's style schlock and it's kind of amazing that they're being made in 2012.

This. I own all 4 of them on blu ray, and other than the first which has not aged well at all and is just boring, they are all loving fantastic B horror/action movies. And the 4th one is what happens when you give a B movie an A budget for some reason, it's the best.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

:catstare:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
When you stare into the abyss, sometimes the abyss stares back.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Someone get Red Letter Media on the line, their favorite subgenre of kid's movies has a new installment.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Gonz posted:

When you stare into the abyss, sometimes the abyss stares back.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The 1st Resident Evil isn't very good but it's one of the best videogame movies out there for sure. The 2nd resident evil movie is not good. There is nothing good about it. It's bad and it's boring. 3 was silly and really forgettable... but I've heard, strangely enough, good things about 4 because it was at least a lot of fun. I think I'll have to check it out now

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Dick Trauma posted:

The studio was making this and Star Wars at the same time and thought this would be their big hit.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

The studio was making this and Star Wars at the same time and thought this would be their big hit.

The same thing happened to Stan Winston. He thought Monster Squad would be the bigger hit, so he devoted most of his prime-time special effects team to that project. You know what the B-team worked on? Predator.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Farbtoner posted:

With all the focus on agility and speed and delivering packages and JGL's outfit Premium Rush looks like The Scout: The Motion Picture and I am OK with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geNMz0J9TEQ
Meet the [Blank] are some pretty great "trailers". Meet the Spy should have been the 22 minute pilot to their new TF2 based series.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Physical posted:

Meet the [Blank] are some pretty great "trailers". Meet the Spy should have been the 22 minute pilot to their new TF2 based series.

The new 3-minute trailer for the latest TF2 update was better than all of the trailers I saw in the theaters before watching Total Recall yesterday. It's almost kind of sad.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Suzuki Method posted:

The new 3-minute trailer for the latest TF2 update was better than all of the trailers I saw in the theaters before watching Total Recall yesterday. It's almost kind of sad.

Their trailer for the DOTA2 doc is also pretty great.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Young Freud posted:

The same thing happened to Stan Winston. He thought Monster Squad would be the bigger hit, so he devoted most of his prime-time special effects team to that project. You know what the B-team worked on? Predator.

Just think. There is some parallel dimension out there where this is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Madkal posted:

Just think. There is some parallel dimension out there where this is true.

Where "Wolfman's got NARDS" is a bigger catchphrase than "Get to da choppah!"