Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Coldforge posted:

Best thing about them is that they're fun to watch, because they always get a reaction (good or bad). Suits the team.

I watched a bit of their game yesterday, and I'm legit excited to see them once the regular season starts. I'm still not a big fan of the jersey, but since I already have TO's other six jerseys I'm gonna need to get his Seahawks one. They just need to start selling the drat thing, or at least let me do a custom jersey :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.
Seahawks jerseys looks like someone at Nike sitting in a room with a copy of Demolition Man and the second Tron movie and a bong.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Neodoomium posted:

Those Seahawks jerseys are an affront to God

We shall see in week 10, when Seattle hosts the New York Jets, with Tim Tebow, and with two uniform colors, as intended.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Would the NFL even allow UofO style uniforms each year? It would be boss as hell to constantly have new renditions of the uniform from week to week.

Seahawks bitch, our uniforms are awesome :cool:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ZackHoagie posted:

Seahawks jerseys looks like someone at Nike sitting in a room with a copy of Demolition Man and the second Tron movie and a bong.

I'm getting nothing but positive vibes from this post.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Schwack posted:

Would the NFL even allow UofO style uniforms each year? It would be boss as hell to constantly have new renditions of the uniform from week to week.

The NFL has specific rules on uniform combinations. They refused to let the Lions wear their old school blue and greys one year on Thanksgiving because they already had a black version of the uniform as their thirds.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Neodoomium posted:

The NFL has specific rules on uniform combinations. They refused to let the Lions wear their old school blue and greys one year on Thanksgiving because they already had a black version of the uniform as their thirds.

No Fun League. As usual.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

Chichevache posted:

I'm getting nothing but positive vibes from this post.

Feelin' pretty good, man.

I think we should have a new uniform every game, TBH.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jaysus posted:

Feelin' pretty good, man.

I think we should have a new uniform every game, TBH.

I'm down for that. All silver uniforms with a chrome loving helmet. Disco ballers!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Figured it out, I like the uni on skill players but not the big fellas.

Schwack posted:

There's a limit of three jerseys a year, and I think they forbid any changes for three years after a change.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 13, 2012

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It's pretty annoying that no away Nike Elites are on sale yet and that I'd need to buy a custom for anyone not named Sanchez or Revis.

The Worst Jersey

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Neodoomium posted:

This jersey should be the permanent Thanksgiving uniforms, those were the best.

Actually, those Thanksgivings where every team wore throwbacks were excellent, should be a mandatory thing.

Lions vs Oilers for this Thanksgiving.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

AsInHowe posted:

Actually, those Thanksgivings where every team wore throwbacks were excellent, should be a mandatory thing.

Every time somebody makes a post like this I feel a brief, profound sadness before my standard hatred for Bud Adams returns to the forefront. gently caress Bud Adams.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

AsInHowe posted:

The only way I support it is if the Lions go to the logo from the 50's that looks like it drew heavily from the car company logos of that era. That is the bets logo in all of football.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Pron on VHS posted:

Anyone order a Chinese knockoff Nike jersey yet?

I have a Mario Williams en route. I'll post pics when I get it.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

sba posted:

I have a Mario Williams en route. I'll post pics when I get it.

Sweet. Looking forward to the pics!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Nystral posted:

The only way I support it is if the Lions go to the logo from the 50's that looks like it drew heavily from the car company logos of that era. That is the bets logo in all of football.

Pic?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

I think he's talking about this one, which was used between '61 and '69 according to what I saw.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Arschlochkind posted:

I think he's talking about this one, which was used between '61 and '69 according to what I saw.

Yes this one. Sorry for wrong Decade.

I once made a love letter thread to that logo. It is the best.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My Uncle is a pretty successful freelance graphic designer. for example, he did the most recent Packaging for Iams, Eukanuba, and for ten or so years did pretty much all the packaging for Mattel. he thinks the Detroit Lions have the worst jersey in football. His reason is Lions aren't blue.

:what:

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Toussaint Louverture posted:

My Uncle is a pretty successful freelance graphic designer. for example, he did the most recent Packaging for Iams, Eukanuba, and for ten or so years did pretty much all the packaging for Mattel. he thinks the Detroit Lions have the worst jersey in football. His reason is Lions aren't blue.

Do I have to bring up Texans "Farmer's Tan Red" again

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

The same line of reasoning would suggest the same for the Eagles.

Cardinals must have the best.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
And Giants are green! My NFL universe is upside down.

e: UPS dropped this off for me today

If anybody wants closeups of anything I'll dig out an actual camera rather then the cell phone pics.

The XL is a big bigger then the Reebok ones. I don't mind because I like to wear the jersey over a sweatshirt when it gets cold out, but they're definitely cut a bit loser then the Reeboks.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 16, 2012

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

davecrazy posted:

I don't mind because I like to wear the jersey over a sweatshirt when it gets cold out

Huh. I never really thought about wearing a jersey over a sweater, even though I see people in crowds on TV doing it all the time.

Good thing I live in Texas, where "cold weather" is like low 80s :v:

And I wasn't really sure how the jerseys were versus Reebok in the size department. I used to like wearing jerseys really loose, but more recently I've started preferring them to be a bit more of a tight fit (except in hockey jerseys, loose hockey jerseys own) so I couldn't really compare my old larges in Reebok to my medium Nike. I mean, I knew that Nike college jerseys (particularly baseball and basketball) run loving massive compared to other brands, but I wasn't sure how that translated to their football jerseys.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I try to be respectful to my family whenever possible but my response to him saying that was to pause for a second or so and then laugh and call him a moron.

Somehow he has the best politics of any adult in my extended family though.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Do the Browns' helmets drive him crazy

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Did you show him the 60's lions logo?

Japanese television tells me that Kimba is a White Lion so they much exist!

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Nystral posted:

Did you show him the 60's lions logo?

Japanese television tells me that Kimba is a White Lion so they much exist!
I can't tell if this is a joke or not...cause they do exist.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
These new Notre Dame "Shamrock series" unis are ummm...interesting to say the least.

http://www.und.com/view.gal?id=123482

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Does anyone know a website for custom NCAA basketball jerseys? I'm trying to get a Blake Griffin Oklahoma jersey, and the only time I've ever found one on eBay (that wasn't signed) it was a large (I need a small on the Nikes).

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Nystral posted:

That is the best logo in all of football, and one of my favorites in all of sports.

The Lions should go back to this as a permanent Thanksgiving secondary logo. Once a year, out comes all the vintage stuff.

Besides, the leaping Lion is already blasted off the field during the holidays, for the Michigan high school football championship games.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Do you guys know if jerseys101 or some cheap Chinese website that has customisable jerseys includes spaces if you put them? This is important. I don't want to invest in a number 7 Falcons Jersey that says FUCKDOGS.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Do you guys like ironically like that Lions logo or something because holy poo poo it looks like it was drawn by a 10 year old.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

nerve posted:

Do you guys like ironically like that Lions logo or something because holy poo poo it looks like it was drawn by a 10 year old.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a horrible piece of poo poo.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Vikings jerseys look a lot better when they're made by Nike. Can't wait to see the Seahawks aways in game.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

The new shinier helmets look better on the Vikes too, though I noticed the Bills' whites didn't match at all in last night's game.

Did I miss the part where we all bitched about those silly new 'popped collars' on the Nike jerseys? Some teams can pull it off, but for the most part, yecke.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's such a small thing I doubt people will complain for long. Looks good on the Bengals.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

It's such a small thing I doubt people will complain for long. Looks good on the Bengals.

The Bengals are the only ones where it doesn't just jut out onto the uniform too. It connects with the shoulder stripes and actually looks like it belongs there, way more than most of the other ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
On the Vikings the collar makes it looks like they're all wearing a strange yellow neck pad.

• Locked thread