Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Bengals whites look so much better with the new change. The new collar really looks like it's supposed to be there, and it makes the shoulders look a lot more cohesive. I really hope they don't change for a long time and I really, really hope they are done forever with black jersey/white pants and white jersey/black pants.

I know the Bengals jerseys get a lot of hate but they're visually distinctive enough that you'll never confuse them with another team. I understand why people might not like the uniform and say they're too busy or literal, but anyone who doesn't like the helmet can get the gently caress right out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Vintimus Prime posted:

Sweet. Looking forward to the pics!

For $35 shipped, I can't complain. The numbers had some dirt on them, and the Bills logo on the back is slightly crooked, other than that (and the way these awful Nike jerseys fit and the ghastly collar) it's pretty solid.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I got a batch of Cam Newton "Nykee" jerseys from Shootjerseys recently, I'll be posting up some pictures with comparisons to my official old Reebok one.

In short, they still haven't gotten the Panthers coloration right, the old logo is still in use, and build quality is incredibly variable (3 jerseys came with the full mesh consistent with the Reebok style, 2 had the mesh vents. 3 had Plastic NFL logos on the neck, 2 had cloth ones. Only one came with the in-neck "Keep Pounding" stitching)

Another question entirely: I noticed on the NFLshop website, depending on the arm, the Nike swoosh is reversed? Do the actual jerseys have that? Seems pretty damned stupid on Nike's part.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Alucard posted:

Another question entirely: I noticed on the NFLshop website, depending on the arm, the Nike swoosh is reversed? Do the actual jerseys have that? Seems pretty damned stupid on Nike's part.
Yep, they actually have that and yes it is pretty damned stupid on Nike's part.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
The swoosh looks reversed so it will show up facing the correct way when they're showing a replay of the guy running.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bought a 1996 Jets Keyshawn jersey that I saw on eBay since they don't sell that version anywhere right now. :black101:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Other than the NFL logos and swoosh, some of my jerseys came out with the exact style as the Reeboks (knockoff on left, real on right)
I've never been able to get the right Carolina blue from any of these places, which is why I hesitated to get the alternate jersey, but now you can see in full regale the differences in color:

As far as the Jersey style, it looks like they did a much better job emulating the Nike style with the Women's jersey I got. It's black, but if you look closely you can see the mesh vents with the solid front. Also notice the stitching in the collar.

It appears as if they did a better job with either black jerseys or newer types, as I had a Steelers Antonio Brown jersey that also looks pretty good. Maybe it's smaller batches or bigger market teams?

They decided to use different NFL logos (one is plastic, one is stitched) in between the run I guess...

I can't complain too much though, I got them all for around $25 apiece.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 18, 2012

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
That's glorious. The Keyshawn one, not the panthers knockoffs.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Also, that's a Nike (presumably) 2012 season Panthers jersey, using the old Panthers logo. (pre-redesign)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

ShimSham posted:

Also, that's a Nike (presumably) 2012 season Panthers jersey, using the old Panthers logo. (pre-redesign)

It's a lovely knockoff. They probably are using up all the logos they already have or until enough complaints come in before they do it. All the Nike jerseys should technically have the logo redesign.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Yeah, you can always pick out the Panthers knock-offs when people go for the blue alts.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

RumbleFish posted:

Yeah, you can always pick out the Panthers knock-offs when people go for the blue alts.

Which shouldn't be alts because lets face it, they're awesome.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

ShimSham posted:

Which shouldn't be alts because lets face it, they're awesome.

I agree! They're my favorite as well, and we only wear them once or twice a year.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

RumbleFish posted:

I agree! They're my favorite as well, and we only wear them once or twice a year.

The NFL only allows you two uses of an alternate jersey per year. Unlimited use on alternate pants for some reason.

Honestly I've never noticed the difference before, but the Cam jersey is Carolina Blue as it matches the UNC color. The Panthers apparently wear some other shade that I don't know the name of, which is where the problem lies with the knockoff manufacturer.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
Just grabbed my Kam Chancellor home jersey. Gonna buy the Lynch Wolf Grey tonight. Fits perfectly and I'm glad I went up one size compared to my Reebok jerseys.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Jaysus posted:

Just grabbed my Kam Chancellor home jersey. Gonna buy the Lynch Wolf Grey tonight. Fits perfectly and I'm glad I went up one size compared to my Reebok jerseys.

Which style did you get? We can be Kam buddies but only if you got the cheap one I dont wanna be jersey-emasculated.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Schwack posted:

Which style did you get? We can be Kam buddies but only if you got the cheap one I dont wanna be jersey-emasculated.

$100 one. No way in hell I'm spending more than that! So, I think we're bros?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Jaysus posted:

$100 one. No way in hell I'm spending more than that! So, I think we're bros?

Def bros. Arethey selling the grays in the pro shop already?

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Schwack posted:

Def bros. Arethey selling the grays in the pro shop already?

Yep, I think they showed up last night.

I bought my Kam jersey at a place called "Just Sports" in the Tacoma mall. They had Flynn, Rice and Fan in grey.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I actually like the white away jerseys, the Nike swoosh is in green and it makes it look like a crazy Seahawk eye on the shoulder.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

oldskool posted:

The NFL only allows you two uses of an alternate jersey per year. Unlimited use on alternate pants for some reason.

Honestly I've never noticed the difference before, but the Cam jersey is Carolina Blue as it matches the UNC color. The Panthers apparently wear some other shade that I don't know the name of, which is where the problem lies with the knockoff manufacturer.

I believe it's technically referred to as "electric blue" (in case you forgot the Panthers were 90s as heck). I'd say it's kind of a cross between Tar Heel blue and Hornets teal, which has probably helped it not look super dated.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Alucard posted:

It's a lovely knockoff. They probably are using up all the logos they already have or until enough complaints come in before they do it. All the Nike jerseys should technically have the logo redesign.

And I thought the Panthers opted out of all of Nike's updated stuff anyway, so unless you really need the new logo/swooshes/KEEP POUNDING go ahead and get an old Reebok one and you should be fine.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like the numbers on the Seahawks jerseys. Not crazy about the texture, but the color, accent and font looks really good.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

It's so much better than I thought it would be. Now that I own one, I totally love it.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

We own the same jerseys except my ET is white. That's weird.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Schwack posted:

We own the same jerseys except my ET is white. That's weird.

We have drat good taste. I took a plunge with a Carlson jersey, though. He was abysmal that season, then got a concussion. I'll stick with defense jerseys.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
I'd like to join in on Seahawks-jersey-chat, but they still don't have TO (or customized on men's) available :argh:

I need that drat jersey for ~my collection~

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

MissileWaster posted:

I'd like to join in on Seahawks-jersey-chat, but they still don't have TO (or customized on men's) available :argh:

Hopefully we still have TO on our team next week. :ohdear:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MissileWaster posted:

If he gets cut before the regular season, does it count?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Of course. It always counts.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Grozz Nuy posted:

If he gets cut before the regular season, does it count?

I never thought about that honestly.

He wore the jersey in a game so I think that counts?

Fake Edit: TL has the right idea. I need that jersey so my TO jersey collection will be complete :ohdear:

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Plus, TO was thinking Flynn was going to underthrow him and was completely surprised when the ball hit him in the hands. He'll be there for Wilson next week.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MissileWaster posted:

Fake Edit: TL has the right idea. I need that jersey so my TO jersey collection will be complete :ohdear:

You ought to cut them all in a uniform pattern after he retires and make quilt jerseys.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MissileWaster posted:

What number will you use for his jersey? 10 or 81?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Did the Nike jerseys last time around have the backwards swoosh on one sleeve?

And wow, those collars/flywire look hilariously bad on the knockoffs.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I like the numbers on the Seahawks jerseys. Not crazy about the texture, but the color, accent and font looks really good.

If Nike ever gets their poo poo together I'll totally buy the Limited jersey for the Seahawks. I don't even care what player, it's just the right level of ridiculous (i.e. not TOO far, like Oregon/Maryland/that Notre Dame alt). I'm also going to buy like all of the 90s retro NBA jerseys they are coming out with.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If they release a custom limited I'll go legit, but no way I'm paying 150$ for Green or Dalton. Nothing against them, but I prefer defensive players. As soon as they release info one way or another I'm pulling the trigger.

Looks like 14 teams have limited jerseys now, not including Seahawks or Bengals, and they have about two options for each team.

The real question is Atkins, Dunlap or Reggie Nelson...

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Aug 19, 2012

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

MissileWaster posted:

Did you somehow acquire a TO Allen Wranglers jersey? Because I had been looking for them from the moment he signed.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Every time I look at the numbers on the Seahawks new jersey I just see empty space as if I were using Photoshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

ShimSham posted:

On the Vikings the collar makes it looks like they're all wearing a strange yellow neck pad.

The Bills' new collar has this too. It doesn't look good and I always think the players are wearing neck rolls during games.

• Locked thread