Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Brett Gelman was on WTF recently and mentioned his first paying acting gig...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD_bqXMO5aY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man, Brian Huskey is totally killing it in this episode. Still an hour to go and it's already crazy.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

This is the worst safe zone I've ever been in.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

A great episode. The wailing and constant breakdowns just sent me over the edge.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
rejecting his own butt meat :smith:

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
I got falsely credited with the catch phrase today!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I only laughed or loud once or twice, but I really enjoyed the whole episode. It was not a laugh riot like some of PFT or Harris' appearances but I was smiling and giggiling the whole time. The wailing pushed it into hilarity though, as did the butt meat.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I hope Jon Hamm now being "unemployed" as he put it on DLM means he'll be on CBB soon.

Has Paget Brewster ever been on the show? I really hope she does it someday, preferably with PFT. Maybe even Andy Richter!

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Seeing the guests they got for the CBB TV show is making me hope beyond hope that some of them come on the podcast. I want a Marisa Tomei episode!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

dancehall posted:

Seeing the guests they got for the CBB TV show is making me hope beyond hope that some of them come on the podcast. I want a Marisa Tomei episode!

Who else was on CBBtv that hasn't been on the podcast? I can't think of anybody.

e: oh, Elizabeth Banks. And has Casey Wilson been on? If not she needs to be on immediately. Her and Eliza Coupe.

Seth Rogen hasn't been on the podcast but I'm okay with that.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 23, 2012

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I know even without looking that Casey was on at least once with Kevin Nealon a long while ago. I think she's been on since then too.

I'd love to have Elizabeth Banks on an episode.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 23, 2012

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Seth Rogen hasn't been on the podcast but I'm okay with that.

Y'crazy. Rogen's funny and amiable and I'd love to see him interacting with a PFT character.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

LesterGroans posted:

Y'crazy. Rogen's funny and amiable and I'd love to see him interacting with a PFT character.

He's really weird and awkward in interviews, though, so I'm not sure how he'd handle something like CBB.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Pretty sure Will Arnett hasn't been on and I know Topher Grace hasn't been on. Think they're the only others who haven't been on the podcast. And I guess Tenacious D if you count them.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jimmy Pardo and Matt Belknap haven't been guests as a unit yet. I wanna hear Belknap's improv skills.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Jimmy Pardo and Matt Belknap haven't been guests as a unit yet. I wanna hear Belknap's improv skills.

He was on an episode of Bear Down as Santa Claus, and he doesn't have any. And I think he's hilarious on NNF.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Seriously Matt Belknap doing a character on CBB while Jimmy and Scott give him non-stop poo poo about how bad he is at improv could be great.

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

Who else was on CBBtv that hasn't been on the podcast? I can't think of anybody.

I would love it if Dave Thomas went on the podcast.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I want a Future President The Weasel appearance.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yo, does anyone happen to know the episode with the guy who wrote all of U2's bridges and then got in an argument with Reggie as to whether that's the same thing as a middle-eight break? I tried searching Reggie's appearances but had no luck.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

epitasis posted:

Yo, does anyone happen to know the episode with the guy who wrote all of U2's bridges and then got in an argument with Reggie as to whether that's the same thing as a middle-eight break? I tried searching Reggie's appearances but had no luck.

The 2nd Anniversary Episode, No. 103. He appears around 28 minutes in.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I think that's probably Andy Daly's weakest character (or Hot Dog), but he's still funny as hell.

I want Allison Brie and Jason Mantzoukas on the show again. Or just Allison Brie. Or even better, Allison Brie and Gillian Jacobs together. With Joel McHale. Why hasn't Joel McHale been on the show? What a stupid, beautiful man. I watched you on Almost Live!, Joel. I know you. How can you betray me like this?

I think I've said this before, but I really want Paget Brewster on the show. Preferably with PFT. I can't believe she hasn't already been on. It's kind of a shame she's doing all that Criminal Minds poo poo (yea I know she likes doing them, whatever) because she's one of the best female comedic actors out there. She does the Beyond Belief episodes with PFT on the Thrilling Adventure Hour, and honestly as great as PFT is, a lot of the time hers is the standout performance. I hope there's a new Beyond Belief soon.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Joel McHale has a pretty darn excellent hair piece. Or hair plugs. Whatever it is its pretty sweet.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

I think I've said this before, but I really want Paget Brewster on the show. Preferably with PFT. I can't believe she hasn't already been on. It's kind of a shame she's doing all that Criminal Minds poo poo (yea I know she likes doing them, whatever)

No, she's off that show (and didn't necessarily love it so much). Check out her episode of Making It with Riki Lindhome, it was a great interview.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Lugaloco posted:

The 2nd Anniversary Episode, No. 103. He appears around 28 minutes in.

Thanks! Just listened again and the accent alone is enough to slay me - and then Aukerman and PFT just team up to make Daly laugh and ruin his improv and then proceed to do the same thing to Scheer in the next segment. Between those bits, Tig and Kroll showing up and great music by Reggie, I think this might be the show's best episode. It or Farts and Procreation I.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Werner Herzog :neckbeard:.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Always love Paul Scheer's semi-deliberately shoddy characters that are just him speaking a little bit quickly (not joking). Funny episode all round. Ride like hell.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Stupid CBB, now I kinda want to go see Premium Rush for real now

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Hsien-Ko posted:

Stupid CBB, now I kinda want to go see Premium Rush for real now
Ride like hell!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I love PFT as Herzog because its a very subdued and restrained Tompkins all the while being insanely hilarious at the same time. Sometimes Cake Boss can be a bit overbearing for me.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

soggybagel posted:

I love PFT as Herzog because its a very subdued and restrained Tompkins all the while being insanely hilarious at the same time. Sometimes Cake Boss can be a bit overbearing for me.

Cakeboss.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I like Cake Boss' Cake Boss power creep. It's too bad the last ep wasn't canon.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

What happened in the last Cakeboss Cake Boss episode? I'm assuming it was during the tour, I'm to broke to buy the tour episodes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I don't know why, but I'm kind of upset that Herzog doesn't call Scott "Skit". That was one of my favorite parts of his first appearance.

This was a pretty great epsiode, though. Laughed pretty much the whole time. I think the best parts of PFT's appearances are when the other guests manage to make him laugh and he has to get away from the mic.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

What happened in the last Cakeboss Cake Boss episode? I'm assuming it was during the tour, I'm to broke to buy the tour episodes.

I meant the last regular episode with Cake Boss Cake Boss, not the live ones. In the last regular episode he said he was an immortal being, and then in one of the live ones he said that he had done a ton of meth and was just making poo poo up so the last regular episode was non-canonical.

Good god I hope I'm never that serious for that long about a comedy podcast ever again.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Paul F. Tompkins is the funniest man on the planet. That's all.

Paul Scheer is like your dumbest friend that you still like.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

epitasis posted:

Paul Scheer is like your dumbest friend that you still like.

Are you sure you're not conflating him with his character on The League?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

No, I listen to How Did This Get Made regularly in addition to all his CBB appearances. He regularly flubs sentences and makes basic factual mistakes about things. I don't think he's particularly good at improv, either - in this episode it's pretty glaring how often he has to "reset" - but he's still likable.

Amended: Paul Scheer may be technically good at the mechanics of improv but he's not funny so who cares

I don't watch The League because not even Nick Kroll can make that show funny. :smug:

(I chatted up Nick Kroll at a bar once for a good half-hour and he was super nice and down-to-earth. I think he was pretty pleased because on first impressions he took me for a The League fan and those trend toward typical bros, but when I approached him it was first to tell him how Fabrice Fabrice puts me in absolute hysterics.)

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 29, 2012

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Paul Scheer is my favourite guest and I wish he was on CBB more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

epitasis posted:

No, I listen to How Did This Get Made regularly in addition to all his CBB appearances. He regularly flubs sentences and makes basic factual mistakes about things. I don't think he's particularly good at improv, either - in this episode it's pretty glaring how often he has to "reset" - but he's still likable.

Seriously? He's amazing at improv. Listen to the Improv4Humans he's on. He's an improv beast.

Also, he was great, he brought in some of the funniest bits in that CBB episode. Talking about discussing rawdogging with his daughter and that they don't deviate from the script too much when they do? loving hilarious.