Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Either you're a USC fan or you suffer a brain disorder?
Gotta get Leinart and Mike Williams Raiders jerseys, and Justin Fargas if you need a RB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

japtor posted:

Gotta get Leinart and Mike Williams Raiders jerseys, and Justin Fargas if you need a RB.

Or Lendale or Reggie.

Go crazy, get a Stafon Johnson jersey

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Not mutually exclusive

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Colts fan here, I don't want to drop a bunch of cash on a new jersey until I get a better idea of our team this year, and wearing my ol' Peyton authentic just feels wrong. If I just wanted to pick up a Reggie Wayne or Pat Angerer knockoff, would my best bet be shootjerseys or whatjersey? Or just Google shop? Consumer report sites seem to heavily frown upon shootjerseys and those Panthers jerseys a few pages back look kinda shoddy but I figured I'd ask.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Hazo posted:

Colts fan here, I don't want to drop a bunch of cash on a new jersey until I get a better idea of our team this year, and wearing my ol' Peyton authentic just feels wrong. If I just wanted to pick up a Reggie Wayne or Pat Angerer knockoff, would my best bet be shootjerseys or whatjersey? Or just Google shop? Consumer report sites seem to heavily frown upon shootjerseys and those Panthers jerseys a few pages back look kinda shoddy but I figured I'd ask.

There's nothing wrong with wearing the Peyton jersey, I feel. :shobon:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Why dont you guys just go to www.cheapknockoffjerseysthatlookexpensiveandreal.com?? Oh that's not a real site you say?? Huh....intersting

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

USC fans should get jerseys of the best player from the school in the NFL right now.

Ryan fuckin' Kalil.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Ugh mike just stop wearing the white pants with black jerseys it looks awful awful awful.

This is why people badmouth our jerseys.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Broke down and ordered an elite Melvin Ingram jersey.

SEC SEC

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int
For people interested in the Nike Limited jerseys, it looks like some teams' jerseys are available in Nike's online store even though they aren't on NFLshop.com or the team store sites yet.

For example, a few Ravens Limited jerseys are available here:
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,baltimore_ravens

But there's no sign of them at either of these places on the nflshop.com site:
http://www.nflshop.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=13235548
http://www.nflshop.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=12887662&cp=12887624

They appear to be in stock at Nike, but I haven't tried to place an order because I want to test out the new sizing in person first. Some sizes are available and some aren't yet, so it seems legit. It's probably worth confirming it with a customer service person before ordering, though, rather than risking ending up in backordered hell.

riht fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 24, 2012

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I'll see what the Giants team store has tomorrow night and report back. I haven't seen a Giants limited in the wild yet.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Nike chose to produce/release two limited jerseys: Colt McCoy and Josh Cribbs. Golly thanks for the backups yall

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Josh Cribbs is really cool. :saddowns:

Bengals have 4 jerseys at NFL.com and one is out of stock. :cry: no respec :cry:

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 24, 2012

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Yes

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
On my way back from the Cincinnati - Jets game, I stopped at a T.J. Maxx just south of Lexington and bought an Ochocinco stitched Bengals jersey for $14.99. I then stopped in Knoxville and got a Jake Locker and a Chris Johnson for $14.95 each.

My point is check T.J. Maxx and Marshalls for the good jerseys.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Nike has a Marshawn Lynch limited but only in small. Plenty of 12 FAN jerseys though!

I'm kinda tempted to just get one of the Mike Williams ones that are 30% off at NFL Shop. That's a nice "oops" on Nike's part.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Are the new Steelers throwbacks so bad that not even the knockoff sites are selling them yet?

I want one :smith:

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

D C posted:

Are the new Steelers throwbacks so bad that not even the knockoff sites are selling them yet?

I want one :smith:

http://eajerseys.com/2012-NIKE-NFL-Jerseys-c20/

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Those are ugly and hilarious but those are the 1993 throwbacks, not the ones for this year.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Rap posted:

Nike chose to produce/release two limited jerseys: Colt McCoy and Josh Cribbs. Golly thanks for the backups yall

I don't think NFL thinks that jerseys for an offensive lineman and kicker would sell all that great.

Larry Horseplay
Oct 24, 2002

Man, the Bears ones on that site are awful. Numbers are way too big on the back, way too small on the front, and the completely wrong lettering on the nameplate. The Bears have like one of the simplest uniforms in the league... how could you screw that up?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Larry Horseplay posted:

Man, the Bears ones on that site are awful. Numbers are way too big on the back, way too small on the front, and the completely wrong lettering on the nameplate. The Bears have like one of the simplest uniforms in the league... how could you screw that up?
Number sizes/weights with Raider jerseys always seemed funky to me on those sites too, some have really thick huge numbers, others thinner and smaller.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
So that Cushing jersey I ordered from eBay came in. It was just an old Reebok.

Looks nice, though. :shobon:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Doctor Butts posted:

I don't think NFL thinks that jerseys for an offensive lineman and kicker would sell all that great.

Haden, Richardson, D'Qwell, Weeden, Gordon, Little, Mack, Thomas, Taylor, Ward, Sheard

derelict515
Sep 10, 2003
So this has surely been covered in this thread but I couldn't find it in the OP or the last 2 pages so...

Can someone just give me an overview of Authentic vs Replica vs Game Jerseys vs Elites vs Limited (the first 4 I see at the Pats Pro Shop, the latter I guess is only on Nike's own store?). I am guessing I do not need to pay $250 (lol) for an authentic one (Pats Pro Shop doesn't even have Gronk as one of the few authentic ones...) and $100 seems like a reasonable range but these sites are doing a poor job articulating why I should spend an extra $35 or whatever for the Limited/Elite version.

And how the hell do I size one of these shopping online? Especially since I'd presumably want to be able to wear it as the outer layer to Pats games at least early in the season before a full 6 layers are required to survive outside at night. But then it'll never be wearable as a normal article of clothing?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

derelict515 posted:

So this has surely been covered in this thread but I couldn't find it in the OP or the last 2 pages so...

Can someone just give me an overview of Authentic vs Replica vs Game Jerseys vs Elites vs Limited (the first 4 I see at the Pats Pro Shop, the latter I guess is only on Nike's own store?). I am guessing I do not need to pay $250 (lol) for an authentic one (Pats Pro Shop doesn't even have Gronk as one of the few authentic ones...) and $100 seems like a reasonable range but these sites are doing a poor job articulating why I should spend an extra $35 or whatever for the Limited/Elite version.

And how the hell do I size one of these shopping online? Especially since I'd presumably want to be able to wear it as the outer layer to Pats games at least early in the season before a full 6 layers are required to survive outside at night. But then it'll never be wearable as a normal article of clothing?

Here's the post I made in this thread with some pictures of the details of a Limited jersey. The numbers are the twill thing, so if your team has a number that has multiple colors it'll probably be like the premier jerseys with Reebok where it's a twill number stitched on while the inner colors are just made to look like it's stitched.

Since I'm in Texas, the worst cold weather we'll get would probably only require me to toss on a light jacket under this which I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do without it being a size xxxl.

If you want to get an idea on size, just run out to like Dick's Sporting Goods or something and try one of them on then go home and order online. All the Dick's locations I've been to around here have the Gameday jerseys, which are going to size the exact same as the Limited but without the same stitch detail.

In non-NFL jersey news, my 1992 Dream Team throwback Michael Jordan jersey came in the mail yesterday. It's pretty much loving awesome. Next jerseys on the agenda for me are going to be a Texas Rangers Turn Back The Clock 1986 Nolan Ryan throwback, then 1994 (only available in blank), then the 1976 road Michael Young. Need to get a Yu Darvish at some point too, would like to get a Nippon Ham Fighters Yu Darvish to go with a Rangers one but the only legit one I've found on eBay is like 400 dollars but gently caress that.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I like how the Nike has Chris Cooley available for the skins :laugh:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Not strictly jersey related, but I'm digging the New Era 59Fifty sideline caps, except I think they made the logos a bit too big. I got myself a Giants cap last week, and I really like it, but I'd love it if the NY was a smidge smaller.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
That was my problem with them. Some of the logos look dumb oversized like that.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Thought about picking one up last week but the logo size (Raiders) seemed overly large to me too. I guess on the white hat it doesn't look as big at least, since the white border on the logo isn't noticeable there.

Also I want a black and white/grayscale NFL logo on the back to match colors :colbert:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Since the Eagles have decided not to do the whole jersey redesign, it actually makes getting one of the knockoffs easier.

Maclin/Cole/McCoy ordered.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?

aBagorn posted:

Since the Eagles have decided not to do the whole jersey redesign, it actually makes getting one of the knockoffs easier.

Maclin/Cole/McCoy ordered.

what site?
Also is there a sizing difference between Reebok and Nike knockoffs? Rock a medium reebok but heard the authentic nikes are slightly smaller

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Football 2012 edition of Uniwatch came out today. Can't say this is gonna look great when it happens in games:

quote:

Many of Nike's college jerseys in recent years have incorporated stretch panels and ventilation panels. The idea is to provide just the right kind of fabric at each area of the body, rather than using the same fabric for the whole jersey. When the jersey is dry, you can't really tell the difference. But when the players perspire, these fabric panels turn dark, creating a two-tone effect. College football uni fans refer to this as the sweatbox, because of the square-shaped panel on the abdomen that typically turns dark with sweat.

Complete list of Uniform changes/oddities are here.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
That reminds me of this a few days ago:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/62421/shouldnt-uniforms-be-you-know-uniform

And my favorite comment in visual format:

Edit: Also an example of the less shiny material, really noticeable with the Lions pants:

japtor fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 5, 2012

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sweatbox? Sounds like a problem for teams that don't have white and black for their primary colors... :smug:

The Bengals Orange jerseys will look SO bad.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It was really distracting me last night with the Giants. Wonder if the players think it feels any better.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I didn't know where else to really put this but this seemed topical
http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/8346380/colorado-third-grader-sent-home-change-wearing-peyton-manning-jersey-banned-no-18

quote:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos tight end Joel Dreessen says he isn't bothered by the Greeley school district's ban on his jersey number and others because they're associated with local gangs.

The district bans 13, 14 and 18 and their reverse, 31, 41 and 81. Dreessen wears 81.

The rule is three years old but made headlines this week after a third-grader wearing Peyton Manning's No. 18 was sent home to change.

Dreessen said Thursday the ban doesn't bother him if it prevents trouble.

Eighteen is in the name of the 18th Street gang, while 13 and 14 are associated with other gangs but not used in their names.
What a stupid rule.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
When I think of gangs, I think of Peyton Manning.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
We weren't allowed to wear sports jerseys at all to school due to gang connections in LA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Greeley is a town composed entirely of mullets and cow poo poo so it's not indicative of all of Colorado (just like 1/3 of it)

• Locked thread