Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It takes real talent to make attractive women look like poorly assembled fleshbots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

This is a 2012 movie :psyduck:

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

Mousepractice posted:

French Thing poster = best Thing poster

I have this in English and it loving rules and I love it.

quote:

also this one

This is incredible as all hell.

I have (and loving love) this French Creature From the Black Lagoon poster:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Oh Roger Corman :allears:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gene Hackman's arm...is enormous. Enormous!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

kiimo posted:

Gene Hackman's arm...is enormous. Enormous!

His hand looks to actually be about the right size, it's just he's wearing a suit two sizes too big for him or something. It looks like he's morphing into Groucho.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Oh man, that takes me back. There was a photoshop thread from years ago where I used that poster:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Oh man, that takes me back. There was a photoshop thread from years ago where I used that poster:

This reminds me not just of your username, but also your infamous posts in the Fallout: New Vegas thread.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sigourney wishes she still looked like that.

There's also no way those are their actual bodies, it seems like they just pasted the faces on

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I really thought Roger Corman and his "10 minute wide shots of cars driving" movies were dead and buried.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The best Roger Corman 'film' of the past decade.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Mister Chief posted:

Truly incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj3X9d7VSwo&t=178s

Hewlett fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 28, 2012

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

"Magic transcends logic".

That doesn't work in filming movies, Roger.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Maybe you guys don't understand how great Flyin' Ryan is

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sigourney wishes she still looked like that.

Well that movie did come out 10-15 years ago

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Peanut President posted:

I really thought Roger Corman and his "10 minute wide shots of cars driving" movies were dead and buried.

To be fair that looks to be an 'EPIX Original Movie' according to the top there. If you haven't heard of EPIX before it's an HD Package channel on whatever various television service you want to name. It's like a Lifetime Original Movie in the film hierarchy.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
Thanks to this thread, I ordered a couple of prints.

http://i.imgur.com/V4eMV.jpg

and as a gift:

http://i.imgur.com/tWU4B.jpg

Also, I realized that I have a Tyler Stout in my collection, and kinda forgot about it, but it's for a TV show, rather than a movie.

Also, this thread has turned me broke.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

It's funny because it's a penis guys.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

This is interesting:

Also, anyone know anything about reproduction posters printed on gloss paper? I'm kind of weary because who knows what the picture quality is like, but am I just being overly cautious?

iirc the rising sun motif was added in by some American to make the poster more ~wacky Japanese~. The rising sun motif isn't really used in Japan very much, mostly due to the whole "decades long fascist dictatorship that used it as their symbol" thing.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Doesn't the title on that poster translate to Captain Supermarket?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I'm going to go ahead and believe you read Japanese because that is a beautiful way to entitle Army of Darkness.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Martin Van Buren posted:

I'm going to go ahead and believe you read Japanese because that is a beautiful way to entitle Army of Darkness.

He apparently does, as that's exactly what the title on the poster says.

Well, "Kyaputan Suupaamaaketto," but close enough. :)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yes. The poster is also calling on viewers to repent their sins (that's the bit of text by Bruce Campbell) while the text above the title compares the film to an RPG that is hilarious and comes from the terrifyingly talented mind of Sam Raimi. Also, it's demands that we stop making fun of it. Also the tag line basically translates to "the ultimate DIY tool that travelled across space time!" The black text next to it is too small for me to read.

Edit: on closer inspection, it says "Upon a feudal time, dominated by a dark power, a hero fell from the sky. Instead of a sword, he wields a chainsaw; his name is ASH!"

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 29, 2012

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jefferoo posted:

That's actually the most apt image I've ever seen for that show, and sums up everything that it's about.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Yes. The poster is also calling on viewers to repent their sins (that's the bit of text by Bruce Campbell) while the text above the title compares the film to an RPG that is hilarious and comes from the terrifyingly talented mind of Sam Raimi.

Not just an ordinary RPG, a "cyberpunk RPG".

TheJoker138 posted:

That's actually the most apt image I've ever seen for that show, and sums up everything that it's about.

The penis imagery makes me think this is some sort of fan poster. I'm also not sure if inverting the penis, making the knot the glans and the tie the shaft would make things more subtle or less.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 29, 2012

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Young Freud posted:

Not just an ordinary RPG, a "cyberpunk RPG".

But that's not what it says? :confused:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Since when can everyone read Japanese?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I grew up there and my mum's Japanese so that's the language I use when I talk to her. I don't know what TheBigBudgetSequel's excuse is.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

I grew up there and my mum's Japanese so that's the language I use when I talk to her. I don't know what TheBigBudgetSequel's excuse is.

He's just a troublemaker.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011
Soup cans and a bald head saying "MOOO0NN". It's all becoming so clear now.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Jefferoo posted:

I don't like the poster that much anyway but the misspelling of Elisabeth Moss' name is bugging me.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

This is interesting:

Also, anyone know anything about reproduction posters printed on gloss paper? I'm kind of weary because who knows what the picture quality is like, but am I just being overly cautious?

I have a huge image file version of this I uprezzed and cleaned up to get printed for a friend, looked indistinguishable from a 'real' poster - will stick a public Dropbox folder up after work :)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

But that's not what it says? :confused:

You know, you're right, I screwed up katakana.

サイバーパンク - Cyberpunk

ハイバーギャグ - High-Bar Gag?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

I read that was the translation back in some thread a long time ago. Always stuck with me because Captain Supermarket is PERFECT.

I can't speak a word of Japanese, unless you count getting drunk and singing a Styxx song.

zazzix
Aug 29, 2012
Interesting conversation seeing as I'm currently in Okinawa

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

I can't speak a word of Japanese, unless you count getting drunk and singing a Styxx song.

As someone who took three years of Japanese (and promptly forgot most of it after college), the 'Captain Supermarket' stuff (katakana) is by far the easiest to read, because that's strictly used for phonetic translations of English words and stuff. As in, that Japanese literally says "Kyaputin Soopaamaaketto". Once you know the couple dozen symbols or so, it's a cakewalk.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I have a huge image file version of this I uprezzed and cleaned up to get printed for a friend, looked indistinguishable from a 'real' poster - will stick a public Dropbox folder up after work :)

Right-click Download, approx 50mb file :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3812093/army_of_darkness-japan.jpg

Looks a bit 'watercolour' if you pixel-peep the 100% size image, but printed as a one-sheet or A3 it does fine :)

Stick it on a thumbdrive, take it off to your local Kinkos, post a photo when you have your new poster on your wall :cool:

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I'm torn. The classic poster is vague and mysterious, while this poster actually shows what makes this film worth seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mister Chief posted:

Roger Corman had nothing to do with this film.